View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    As an aside, nothing major but simply wanted to mention that I have been delving a bit more, lately, into BBM Channels. I, for one, believe there is a lot of potential there. It stings that this function does not seem to be marketed properly if at all but that is old news... Likewise for the awesomeness that is the Z30 and the latest OS. Let us hope that JC and his group are working away on various fronts and will address those marketing issues in due time. How long has he been at the helm, already... 3 months? Not bad. I am anxious for what the next 3 to 6 months might bring along. We need solid, hardcore progress/news. Let's keep the faith.
    02-06-14 03:58 PM
    On the other hand I like to read them as I am on my PC/Laptop.

I find them very informative as well, mostly.

Some people complain when links are posted (especially to hater sites to deny them clicks)

So, what's a guy to do?
    I like to read on here too, if Copyright is not an issue.
    02-06-14 04:09 PM
    I like to read on here too, if Copyright is not an issue.
    What's that?
    sidhuk, bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    02-06-14 04:14 PM
    sold some BB today at $11.05 to get in on the HALO dip at $13.01.

I'm still deep in the red with BB but hope that this turn around is for real
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-06-14 04:19 PM
    sold some BB today at $11.05 to get in on the HALO dip at $13.01.

I'm still deep in the red with BB but hope that this turn around is for real
    I am in red as well, BBRY, HALO, and TEAR.

Last week there was a single hour that everything turned green for a brief couple of moments and that was it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-06-14 04:41 PM
    I am in red as well, BBRY, HALO, and TEAR.

Last week there was a single hour that everything turned green for a brief couple of moments and that was it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I had a fleeting moment like that too. LoL

They will be back.

Stand Sure!
    tatail, Corbu, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    02-06-14 06:21 PM
    Hey guys OT: for stock charts are you guys using the free version? I want to be able to the annotate stuff but I can't seem to share it after :/
    02-06-14 08:59 PM
    Hey guys OT: for stock charts are you guys using the free version? I want to be able to the annotate stuff but I can't seem to share it after :/
    Yeah. I'm using the free version but just take a screen shot to share.
    bungaboy and slipstream89 like this.
    02-06-14 09:13 PM
    I was doing that earlier LOL, just felt cheap thats all i looked at their prices and its pretty expensive

Yeah. I'm using the free version but just take a screen shot to share.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-06-14 09:21 PM
    I was doing that earlier LOL, just felt cheap thats all i looked at their prices and its pretty expensive
    Which is exactly why I'm completely fine with the screen shot method lol If you want to make it look better for posting here, go into your pictures app and crop the pic. Are you on a Mac or PC?
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-06-14 09:23 PM
    Google buys 6% stake in Lenovo - FT
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    02-06-14 09:41 PM
    Google buys 6% stake in Lenovo - FT
    Yup...thx

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140206_204613.png

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-06-14 09:46 PM
    Yup...thx

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140206_204613.png 
Views:	1014 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	245756

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    Not sure if the shares were purchased on the open market or if they were part of the Moto purchase...
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-06-14 10:41 PM
    Some random thoughts:

? Should we be spreading our portfolio to watch those in co-op and/or support of our QNX?: (Apologies for bad formatting)

FeaturePartners
    Integrated applications 7Digital
    Accuweather
    BestParking
    HearPlanet
    Pandora
    Parkopedia
    Slacker
    Soundtracker
    The Weather Network
    Tunein
    Mobile connectivityApple
    Cybercom
    Packet Video
    RealVNC
    Sybase/iAnywhere
    Voice recognition AT&T
    Nuance
    HMI and frameworks Crank Software
    Digia
    Elektrobit
    jQuery
    Sencha
    Software updatesRed Bend Software
    Navigation Elektrobit
    TCS
    TeleNav
    Multimedia technology
    (codecs & databases) Fraunhofer
    Freescale
    Gracenote
    Microsoft
    Texas Instruments
    Graphics and displays Imagination Group
    Texas Instruments
    Vivante
    HardwareARM
    Freescale
    NVIDIA
    Texas Instruments
    Vivante

Man! That TI curved display on the BlackBerry Bentley is insane!

? What a slap to the face it would be to Typo if BlackBerry came out with a 'Z20' with a keyboard under a 4" screen.
    Talk about holding ones head under the covers after eating a bean salad.
    One could only hope.

? Nice to see BlackBerry doing the 'reach-around' by supporting BBM for Gingerbread. I image a person in a developing country trying the BBM experience on a cheap Android Gingerbread phone, and digging it. When it is time to upgrade, a simple slide over to the Jakarta will be seamless with APK support.

Yeah man, things are lookin' up around here.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    02-06-14 10:42 PM
    Update: While the deal was discovered on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange by media today, it was actually a part of the deal for Motorola which Google and Lenovo announced last week and was announced by the HKSE on January 30. Apologies for any confusion that reporting it today might have created.

http://thenextweb.com/google/2014/02/07/google-invested-750-million-in-lenovo-after-selling-motorola-to-the-chinese-firm/?utm_campaign=social%20media&awesm=tnw.to_d2HnD&ut m_source=Twitter&utm_medium=share%20button&utm_con tent=Google%20invested%20$750%20million%20in%20Len ovo%20after%20selling%20Motorola%20to%20the%20Chin ese%20firm#!uCIA2
    jxnb, Superfly_FR, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    02-06-14 10:45 PM
    Good morning people, here is a read for you all: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...invest-jakarta

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, jxnb and 8 others like this.
    02-07-14 06:28 AM
    Not minding at all, it is known fact that few of us dont like to go to these blackberry enemies with passion sites and give them extra traffic.
    Yes, lots of these sites are clickbait driven. So they say outrageous stuff to drive traffic. If you think they are unfair I agree we shouldn't support them.

I prefer a large clip of the article. And I visit the site on the app on a Q10 so I'm definitely doing a lot of scrolling.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 06:34 AM
    Yes, lots of these sites are clickbait driven. So they say outrageous stuff to drive traffic. If you think they are unfair I agree we shouldn't support them.

I prefer a large clip of the article. And I visit the site on the app on a Q10 so I'm definitely doing a lot of scrolling.

Posted via CB10
    Looking at the bright side . . . . both your mind and your thumb are getting some exercise at the same time.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    02-07-14 06:40 AM
    Well here is the thing I don't link or even bother with negative articles. So that is one way of me not supporting them.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    02-07-14 07:16 AM
    A quick BBM story:

Yesterday I was out with some execs from one of Canada's largest commericial real estate developer companies and we ended up in their boardroom for about a half hour. I'm sitting there with five guys and a woman and she pulls out their standard issue iPhone 5S and says that she is impressed with the companies' new BBM experience. So I asked them what they are doing with BBM and they jumped on it and showed me their setup for BBM and how they have created "Groups" and how they can bulk communicate and how each Group has its own identity and custom pics etc.. They said they love BBM.

So I pulled out my BlackBerry just for the fun of it and showed them my phone and at first they asked what it was, and I said, "it's the newest BlackBerry", ..... when one of them said, " I think you can get BBM on those phones too". What? What?

I took about 20 seconds to recover and told them, "that BBM was invented by BlackBerry and that with a BlackBerry phone you can do all of this", and showed them Voice, Video and Channels. They were totally aghast like they had seen a ghost!!! None of these top dogs knew that BBM or BLackBerry Messenger was part of BlackBerry or R.I.M. and could not believe what I could do with my phone. I assured them that BlackBerry will be bringing all of this to their iPhones soon enough.

WOW! BlackBerry needs to get their story out there, Enterprise has forgotten them and now former users are clueless too. Then I mentioned security .........................
    02-07-14 07:19 AM
    OT - Sorry to do this early but I found it really interesting. Gold.... been trying almost daily to push through but has been denied at every attempt. What's interesting, it has happened at almost the exact same time, with the exact same results, 3 days running.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-02-07-9.01.40-am.png
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    02-07-14 08:04 AM
    Good morning people, here is a read for you all: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...invest-jakarta

Posted via CB10
    Taba said they will initially supply 20 hectares of land for Hon Hai. He added that the company is likely to produce components for devices like BlackBerry and iPads in the factory.
    Thx for sharing this;
    Nice if BlackBerry parts are produced (in a short while, won't pop like mushroom) there. There was a lot of concerns about Foxconn's working conditions ... a fresh location may help to ensure they're set right.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    02-07-14 08:17 AM
    alright buddies, let the day race begin !
    so far so good: give me my two digits back at the end of the day and I'll be a happy camper !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy, sidhuk and cjcampbell like this.
    02-07-14 08:19 AM
    Interesting snippet.

Why Is Apple Being So Nostalgic?

. . . . . So what about now? Apple’s supporters point to the company’s billions of dollars in quarterly profit and its tens of billions in revenue as proof that it continues to thrive. But Apple’s employees again know differently, despite the executive team’s best efforts to preserve Jobs’s legacy. People who shouldn’t be hired are being hired (like Apple’s former retail chief, John Browett, who tried to incorporate big-box-retailer sensibilities into Apple’s refined store experience). People who shouldn’t leave are leaving, or, in the case of the mobile-software executive Scott Forstall, being fired.

Mistakes, in turn, are being made: Apple Maps was a fiasco, and ads, like the company’s short-lived Genius ads and last summer’s self-absorbed manifesto ad, have been mediocre. Apple’s latest version of its mobile operating system, iOS 7, looks pretty but is full of bugs and flaws. As for innovation, the last time Apple created something that was truly great was the original iPad, when Jobs was still alive. Although the company’s C.E.O., Tim Cook, insists otherwise, Apple seems more eager to talk about the past than about the future. Even when it refers to the future, it is more intent on showing consumers how it hasn’t changed rather than how it is evolving. The thirtieth anniversary of the Macintosh—and the “1984” ad—is not just commemorative. It is a reminder of what Apple has stopped being.
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    02-07-14 08:29 AM
    A quick BBM story:

Yesterday I was out with some execs from one of Canada's largest commericial real estate developer companies and we ended up in their boardroom for about a half hour. I'm sitting there with five guys and a woman and she pulls out their standard issue iPhone 5S and says that she is impressed with the companies' new BBM experience. So I asked them what they are doing with BBM and they jumped on it and showed me their setup for BBM and how they have created "Groups" and how they can bulk communicate and how each Group has its own identity and custom pics etc.. They said they love BBM.

So I pulled out my BlackBerry just for the fun of it and showed them my phone and at first they asked what it was, and I said, "it's the newest BlackBerry", ..... when one of them said, " I think you can get BBM on those phones too". What? What?

I took about 20 seconds to recover and told them, "that BBM was invented by BlackBerry and that with a BlackBerry phone you can do all of this", and showed them Voice, Video and Channels. They were totally aghast like they had seen a ghost!!! None of these top dogs knew that BBM or BLackBerry Messenger was part of BlackBerry or R.I.M. and could not believe what I could do with my phone. I assured them that BlackBerry will be bringing all of this to their iPhones soon enough.

WOW! BlackBerry needs to get their story out there, Enterprise has forgotten them and now former users are clueless too. Then I mentioned security .........................
    This is a very well made, or well shared, story. I think many people in here, and perhaps a lot of folks at BlackBerry, don't have an accurate idea of how BlackBerry is perceived, or not perceived, in the general public.

I used to be shocked as well by how much the average person doesn't know. This is a blessing and a curse, of course. It is a blessing because the general public are not actually anti-BlackBerry - they just haven't got a clue that the new BlackBerry even exists. The media are a different story, of course, but even though don't know much about BlackBerry 10.

I mentioned the other day that I have never bought the pitch from Chen that BlackBerry are focusing on enterprise; I think they know how important the consumer market is, and that a new breakout would be absolutely huge.

BBM is the key to building positive brand perception this year, and three great new phones, starting with the cheap Jakarta could be the start of a massive comeback.

On a side note, I wish BlackBerry would run a loyalty evangelist programme for us BlackBerry 10 die hards. I've influenced seven people to buy Z10s, and they all love BlackBerry 10. I really wish BlackBerry would announce a promotion in which current BlackBerry 10 owners who recruit new users to BlackBerry 10 received �25 off their next BlackBerry 10 device.

Anyhow, though I don't expect BlackBerry to do a darn thing to reward their core fans and supporters, as shareholders I guess we have a small interest at least in continuing in this.

If only BlackBerry knew or cared about its diehard BlackBerry base, and knew how to use us to do what they have been unable to do so far since the launch of BlackBerry 10...

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    02-07-14 08:32 AM
113,256 ... 24092410241124122413 ...