View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Interesting fact: Prem Watsa, Satya Nadella (MicroSoft CEO), Shantuna Narayen (Adobe CEO), and other leaders in business are alumni of a school in Hydarabad, The Hydarabad Public School.

articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-02-02/news/46898508_1_satya-nadella-alumni-microsoft-ceo
    wow, good stuff. 1984 must have been a year, specially to HPS.
    Shanerredflag, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    02-06-14 09:55 AM
    Look look, this blackberry basher is acknowledging the BB10 browser. I did check the sky for flying pigs right after reading this from this web site. He also used z30 photo. LoL

BlackBerry 10 Browser Test: BlackBerry beats iPhone, Android | BGR http://bgr.com/2014/02/06/blackberry...phone-android/

"More than a year ago, tests pitting BlackBerry�s new-at-the-time BlackBerry 10 web browser against mobile offerings from Apple and Microsoft saw BlackBerry�s offering smoke mobile Safari and Internet Explorer by a fairly wide margin. Plenty has changed since then � Apple released iOS 7 alongside a major redesign and Microsoft issued some updates as well � but one thing definitely has not; results of new browser speed tests published recently by New Relic show that when it comes to loading web pages, BlackBerry 10 still obliterates the competition.

Historically, BlackBerry users have had to deal with what was undeniably the worst mobile web browser on the planet. BlackBerry sought to change that with its new BlackBerry 10 operating system, and we�re not sure it could have possibly done a better job.

According to New Relic�s data, which analyzed more than 16.8 million page loads from early October through early November last year, BlackBerry 10 devices loaded web pages in 1.55 seconds on average. The second-fastest web browser, Opera Mini 4.2, wasn�t even close, with page load times that averaged 4.78 seconds.

In other words, the BlackBerry 10 browser is more than three times faster than its next-closest competitor.

Apple�s Safari browser on the iPad came in at No. 3 with an average page load time of 4.91 seconds, and no other native web browser was even included in New Relic�s top-9 rankings.

An infographic showcasing the company�s test results follows below."
    02-06-14 10:00 AM
    Small volume ...but GREEN.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    02-06-14 11:05 AM
    Green is good

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 11:28 AM
    Green is great

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    georg4BB, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    02-06-14 11:36 AM
    More positive mentions from the F1 front:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20140206-105409.png
    http://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news...-appreciation/

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    02-06-14 11:55 AM
    The blackberry browser is very fast indeed. i was looking for the desktop replacement solution and this is what I found. it is old but very useful. BBRY need marketing marketing marketing.
    BlackBerry 10 Literally Replacing a Desktop for Mobile Computing (Video) - N4BB

Last edited by sidhuk; 02-06-14 at 12:36 PM.
    02-06-14 12:15 PM
    I hope BlackBerry can manage to bring out an amazing flagship touchscreen this year, and maintain the lead in fastest browsing. The marketing slogan?

BlackBerry Z50

The Fastest Phone in the World. Period.

Posted via CB10
    I like this. Goes well with the F1 Mercedes partnership.
    02-06-14 12:19 PM
    Ladies and gents, we have a community upgrade to $7.25 from $7 !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

(please note this is a very poor indicator for value, yet the variation is interesting !)
    02-06-14 12:37 PM
    these bashers trying hard. still talking about "where are the apps?" and z10 in the picture. well at least it is a start. but made them worried?
    Here's One Reason to Buy a BlackBerry (But Still Not BlackBerry Ltd. Shares) (BBRY)
    BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY ) investors have suffered through a 38% share price meltdown over the last year. The once-dominant smartphone platform has become an afterthought, a footnote in mobile history, a joke that is only funny to outsiders. The Canadian company is fighting for its very life, now under new management that actually seems to get just how deep a hole BlackBerry has dug for itself.

As CEO John Chen navigates the most difficult turnaround attempt in recent memory, BlackBerry fans can cling to the one thing the platform is doing right. Nobody makes a faster mobile Web browser than the standard BlackBerry app.

This handsome handset comes with a smoking fast Web browser. But that's always been the case, and people still aren't buying the BlackBerry Z10 and its siblings. Image source: BlackBerry

That's according to online performance monitoring firm New Relic, based on a huge pool of monitoring data. The company culls performance metrics from big-volume partners like Groupon, Zynga, and the online Yellow Pages, resulting in 16.8 billion data points.

The BlackBerry browser doesn't just win the mobile race. It totally obliterates the competition with an average page-load time of 1.55 seconds. In second place, you'll find the mobile Opera at a tortoise-like 4.78 seconds.

It's a software win, not a hardware triumph. There's an Opera browser for BlackBerry devices, too, and it performs in line with Opera versions for the Android and iOS platforms.

Unfortunately, having the fastest browser isn't winning BlackBerry any new customers. In New Relic's presentation of mobile market shares, BlackBerry didn't even merit its own line item: it was folded into the "Other" option, which adds up to a minuscule 2.2% of mobile-browsing volume.

And the BlackBerry browser's turbo-charged performance isn't exactly news. Even the prerelease BlackBerry 10 models for software development completely crushed iPhones and Androids in head-to-head speed tests.

And what it all boils down to is that the best designs don't always win in the real world. When Joe Average walks up to the smartphone counter to pick his next handset, he might note that the browser sure looks snappy on this BlackBerry Z10, "But none of my friends have one of these, and where are all the apps? Just give me an iPhone or Android, buddy!"

Winning a consumer market is at least as much about marketing as it is about having the best product. And it's very hard to turn the beat around once you've got a bad reputation -- not to mention those plummeting sales that put the entire platform's future in jeopardy. It's one of those vicious cycles.

On the upside, Chen seems open to making a software business out of BlackBerry. Maybe he'll be able to bring this hot-rod browser to iPhones and Androids at some point. But even so, it's hard to see how one mobile app (or a handful, if other BlackBerry apps like the Messenger also take off) supports a $5 billion market cap.

In the end, this browser-speed title is a nice feather in BlackBerry's cap -- but not an investable win.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-06-14 01:03 PM
    @sidhuk I have a personal request. I hope you don't mind.

Can you not, please, post the whole article in your post. the reason I ask is because, if I am using CB10 app and don't want to read the whole article it is quite a lot to skip thru..

thanks
    02-06-14 01:27 PM
    Not sure if this has been posted......

Ryan Seacrest company Typo fires back at BlackBerry over iPhone case suit

http://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/ryan...suit-1.1673702
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    02-06-14 01:38 PM

Can you not, please, post the whole article in your post. the reason I ask is because, if I am using CB10 app and don't want to read the whole article it is quite a lot to skip thru..

thanks
    Not minding at all, it is known fact that few of us dont like to go to these blackberry enemies with passion sites and give them extra traffic.
    02-06-14 01:46 PM
    This one is for Superfly_FR, if he doesn't already know about it:
    Vers un changement de cap chez BlackBerry ? | Blackberry 10

En fran�ais!
    rarsen likes this.
    02-06-14 01:49 PM
    Not sure if this has been posted......

Ryan Seacrest company Typo fires back at BlackBerry over iPhone case suit

Ryan Seacrest company Typo fires back at BlackBerry over iPhone case suit | CP24.com
    So, Apple won by arguing that Samsung copied it's "rounded corner slab" design. But Typo is arguing that the BlackBerry keyboard design is the same as a 200 year old typewriter? LOL...

Anyways, just a quick drop-in to catch up on the thread. Been really busy so haven't been around much (in the last two months I submitted 4 patents, wrote 3 papers to be publish in top-tier scientific journals, gave two seminars at other institutions, plus the usual duties, now I need a break! LOL ). Good day guys...
    sidhuk, zyben, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    02-06-14 02:00 PM
    I don't think this has been reported: BlackBerry launches free games and apps offer - The Economic Times

thanks BBRY
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    02-06-14 02:07 PM
    In an interview today on CNBC, Erick Jackson of Iron Capital had this to say about Twitter and its future:

I think there's a bigger part of the story which is the rise of messages apps like wechat in China, line in Japan and overseas, whatsapp over here. kik as well. Where are the users going? I think they're going to the messaging apps. I think that was primarily responsible for the turning away from twitter in q4. That's something to watch for as a potential threat for facebook in the quarters ahead as well.
    No mention of BBM, unfortunately, but interesting view nonetheless.

Twitter users turning to messaging apps: Pro - CNBC
    02-06-14 02:13 PM
    wow, good stuff. 1984 must have been a year, specially to HPS.
    George Orwell too! :-) LoL
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    02-06-14 03:01 PM

thanks
    On the other hand I like to read them as I am on my PC/Laptop.

I find them very informative as well, mostly.

Some people complain when links are posted (especially to hater sites to deny them clicks)

So, what's a guy to do?
    02-06-14 03:13 PM
    Ummmm...... Beer?
    02-06-14 03:14 PM
    After the confirmation that the Telus and Rogers NFC payments are through BlackBerry's network, I'm curious as to whether the TimmyMe system is as well.

It may explain why it also initially launched for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 03:17 PM
    Nice day!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-02-06-5.20.37-pm.png
    02-06-14 03:21 PM
    Ummmm...... Beer?
    Where you at? Beer AND dancers hmmmm...I wonder?

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    02-06-14 03:33 PM
    The blackberry browser is very fast indeed. i was looking for the desktop replacement solution and this is what I found. it is old but very useful. BBRY need marketing marketing marketing.
    BlackBerry 10 Literally Replacing a Desktop for Mobile Computing (Video) - N4BB

After about two weeks of using the Z30, I am very impressed with the browser. It is pretty much as good as a full computer browser. It even renders full Google docs. Not to mention the keyboard, and the swipe gestures. This phone seems to accommodate people, who do "real" communication, and get things done. A lot of people are missing out on the BlackBerry 10 experience really.

I appreciate the keyboard a lot, because I don't like to abbreviate words, and phrases. I have a nexus 7, and iPhone, so I can compare the keyboards. I can type an email without breaking my train of thought, and writing style with one hand, even in a packed NYC subway train. This positive experience is the challenge that BlackBerry has to demonstrate to the users of iOS and Android.
    02-06-14 03:34 PM
    Still having a hard to closing above that $10 mark!.....maybe tomorrow -_-
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-06-14 03:37 PM
113,256 ... 24082409241024112412 ...