View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Anecdotally, I am in London know and I am seeing more bb10s than I did in the past.

Admittedly I spend most of my time around professionals and execs so I don't know how biased that makes my sample.

I hope there is an uptake in the handsets would relieve a lot of pressure on the stock.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 11:47 AM
    Darn close to $10.00 (Hope I didn't jinx it)
    02-05-14 11:49 AM
    Darn close to $10.00 (Hope I didn't jinx it)
    beat me !!!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-05-14 11:54 AM
    Euphoria in Toronto, I guess... above 11 CAD!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-air_20140205_00000.jpg
    02-05-14 11:58 AM
    The article writers are fixated on this BlackBerry will be 'broken up and sold for parts' thesis. The fact that a lot has changed has still not changed their position on this, and this is partly because they have become deeply invested in it.

A whole lot of high profile people declared BlackBerry dead, and that has put them in a difficult rhetorical position. Do you come out and say you were wrong? For now it is easier to keep throwing this stuff at the wall. There are fairly straightforward psychological explanations for a lot of this media behaviour that have little to do with conspiracies.

I don't come from a financial background like many in here, but I do come from a background in social psychology and cultural phenomena, and I have found the BlackBerry story fascinating this past year.

I still think BlackBerry are in need of a crack PR guy (or girl) who realises how easily they can swing public sentiment towards BlackBerry through very targeted advertising and pricing in the short to medium term.

Obviously Chen has shown some sense by pretending that BlackBerry are focusing on enterprise instead of the consumer market. Most people in here actually believe that. When one actually looks at it though, it's clear that that's far from true. BlackBerry want consumer market share back badly. This next cheap touchscreen is exactly what they need, and is specifically targeted at the consumer market, and at getting BlackBerry 10 out there.

Phone sales are still the key to BlackBerry breaking out onto flat, open ground, and they know it. At the right price, the Jakarta is going to sell in the UK, Africa, and Asia.

This has turned into a ramble, so I'll stop here, but I think there is huge potential for BB to shock the world this year if they do the right things. To be honest, I don't think they will take complete advantage of their opportunities, but I do think and hope they will get enough right to increase phone sales again markedly. Let Chen say what he likes to the market, but don't be fooled. It's still all about phone sales, just as much as it is about enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 11:58 AM
    Anecdotally, I am in London know and I am seeing more bb10s than I did in the past.

Admittedly I spend most of my time around professionals and execs so I don't know how biased that makes my sample.

I hope there is an uptake in the handsets would relieve a lot of pressure on the stock.

Posted via CB10
    If they could get a Z30 into everyone's hands it would open a lot of eyes and wallets/purses!!! These Z30s are solid! I just love them!
    02-05-14 11:59 AM

I still think BlackBerry are in need of a crack PR guy (or girl) who realises how easily they can swing public sentiment towards BlackBerry through very targeted advertising and pricing in the short to medium term.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely.

I think though that they have a good handle on their brand advertising (as a branch of PR) with the current campaign using the white writing on black background. It really resonates well and the message is clear and consistent.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    02-05-14 12:06 PM
    Do you come out and say you were wrong?
    Yup, I do.
    Lately, I relayed and information about BES10 in the cloud being renamed "BlackBerry Unite".
    This information has been denied by my BlackBerry contact. My bad.
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-05-14 12:06 PM
    BBUK14,

I said the same thing. The story is now more one of marketing and PR. Their product offerings are solid.

Their other main issue is competing ecosystems.

A Lot of people will stay with apple even if the phones are starting to lay because they are so heavily invested in the ecosystem. Whether it be apps, cloud, mac books, tvs etc.

It will be interesting. This is why I think it is wise for them to focus on enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 12:07 PM
    Just added another 555 shares lol whats to load the truck before we go on our next leg up
    02-05-14 12:09 PM
    Just added another 555 shares lol whats to load the truck before we go on our next leg up
    The 200-dma is at $ 9.95/shr/US and the DOW is at the 200-dma too. If both can pop above their benchmarks, we'll have a great rally. Note that both are actually at their 200-dma's right now.
    02-05-14 12:13 PM
    The 200-dma is at $ 9.95/shr/US and the DOW is at the 200-dma too. If both can pop above their benchmarks, we'll have a great rally. Note that both are actually at their 200-dma's right now.
    That is what im hoping for. We could see BBRY at mid teens sooner rather then later
    02-05-14 12:44 PM
    CITRON on cnbc tonight. Look for a BBRY mention.
    slipstream89, dusdal, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    02-05-14 12:53 PM
    I just saw a site that indicates Fairfax purchased a sizable number of Blackberry shares over the past week on the open market. (Prices between 9.97 and 10.08) I am not sure how credible this information is, but here is the link: BB Latest Filings | Canadian Insider
    02-05-14 01:22 PM
    What if BB does not, do you think it will retest 9$
    02-05-14 01:26 PM
    I just saw a site that indicates Fairfax purchased a sizable number of Blackberry shares over the past week on the open market. (Prices between 9.97 and 10.08) I am not sure how credible this information is, but here is the link: BB Latest Filings | Canadian Insider
    We had the info too some pages ago, talking about $15million+ on open market.
    02-05-14 01:56 PM
    What if BB does not, do you think it will retest 9$
    The downside is over for BBRY, it made its lows on that gap that it filled around $ 9.10/shr. Since then, we are held back by the DOW not being able to re-gain momentum above the 200-dma. The only way BBRY will see $ 9.00 again is if the DOW plunges 1,000 pts.. The stock is forming an uptrend line and it only has to get above its 200-dma to head for new highs. The 200-dma isn't much resistance here so its more a case of the general market isn't ready to help out right now. I still think we'll go above $ 10.00 this week.When I get a chance I'll post my projection for BBRY over the next 6-months, it is very close to making its next leg up here. It would be nice if the DOW/S&P would at least flatten out here.

When a stock fails on its TA, it retraces some of those gains as we are seeing with BBRY today. It will reset and try again tomorrow. Not a big deal.
    02-05-14 01:59 PM
    I agree so much. The Z30 (my wife has one) with the latest OS is an awsome phone which impresses for sure.
    Very different from my Z10. The initial OS, almost one year ago was not polished and the sluggish settings app was nothing I wanted to show...
    This has changed now. I am sure with a decent marketing / PR they can sell the devices.
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    02-05-14 02:12 PM
    Time to see how well the most overvalued tech company does on its first ER

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 03:10 PM
    BBRY has now been on the NASAQ 15 years...happy Birthday :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140205_140945.png

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    cjcampbell, Corbu, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    02-05-14 03:11 PM
    Time to see how well the most overvalued tech company does on its first ER
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-twtr.jpg
    jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    02-05-14 03:16 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twtr.JPG 
Views:	992 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	245332
    Yup. All over the place. They beat the estimate but still, eps is 2 cents. How does that justify a market cap of over 35 billion? Maybe some were hoping for far better than what the street was coming close to and what was reported. Will now need to listen for the call.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 03:24 PM
    Yup. All over the place. They beat the estimate but still, eps is 2 cents. How does that justify a market cap of over 35 billion?
    About 15% of float is short:

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Company Symbol 1/15/14 12/31/13 Chg % Chg % Float
    Twitter TWTR 32,689,937.0 29,379,279 +3,310,658 11.3 15.0
    jxnb, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    02-05-14 03:58 PM
    Did I read it right? A net loss of $511.5 million on revenue of $243 million. How could they come up with an eps of 2 cents and a beat?
    02-05-14 04:52 PM
    I believe they lost $511 million over the whole year and squeaked out a profit of $10 million this quarter.
    02-05-14 05:12 PM
113,256 ... 24062407240824092410 ...