View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Guys, I'm sorry but I have to turn my traffic light orange again ...
    Not that the topics are not interesting, but we're sliding more and more O.T
    We have to remember that this thread is not a general forum, but a topic oriented one

So, just to clarify, if none of the words "BBRY", "trading", "stock", "analysis", "BlackBerry" or "shares" fit nowhere with your post, please do it in a more appropriate section or add it to an existing thread (Some funny things, major announcements and personal friendly parenthesis excluded, we're not machines though !)

I hate to do that, but so far, this thread has been insightful and rich, let's not dilute it ... and avoid a mod visit !

Cheers, friendly,
    SF
    notafanboy likes this.
    02-04-14 01:50 AM
    Done. Sorry for that
    02-04-14 06:59 AM
    "BBRY", "trading", "stock", "analysis", "BlackBerry" or "shares"

So, how about that Super Bowl?
    02-04-14 07:15 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140204_062444.png

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    bungaboy, georg4BB, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    02-04-14 07:25 AM
    Incidentally, I'm in for few hundred shares at $10.10 CAD. Still scaling into it.
    02-04-14 08:09 AM
    "BBRY", "trading", "stock", "analysis", "BlackBerry" or "shares"

So, how about that Super Bowl?

My name is SuperFly, I don't know that "Bowl" guy my TW is flooded with !!!!
    jxnb likes this.
    02-04-14 08:43 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd. should be cash flow positive by the fourth quarter of fiscal 2015 and spending may end up below previously announced plans, CIBC World Markets analyst Todd Coupland said after meeting with the company’s CFO, James Yersh.

Some of the Intellectual Property (IP) expenses linked to patent royalties BlackBerry pays out to third parties are due to expire by November 2014. Mr. Coupland noted that Blackberry’s annual fixed costs for these are approximately $800-million, but are set to fall to zero.
    BlackBerry expected to be cash flow positive by Q4 2015 | Financial Post
    02-04-14 08:55 AM
    I'm very eager to see what happens with this in the coming months. I've set a sell order for $16 for BB.TO but i'm starting to think if it reaches near mid teens the momentum will drive it to a new high again...hmm what to do.

Hey morgan if you have time can you help analyze Ford chart? I'm trying to see if I can predict a reversal just so I can get a better feel of chart reading. From what I see Ford follows the overall market a lot of the time so the sell off hit it hard, RSI at 30.60, far below the major moving averages at 7,50,200 and is just near the bottom band of the BB. The MACD is what still confuses me still, what is the proper way to read this indicator? I'm still learning more about the different candle types that also indicate a reversal.

If you have time any insight would be greatly appreciated!
    -Learning Novice!
    02-04-14 09:06 AM
    I'm very eager to see what happens with this in the coming months. I've set a sell order for $16 for BB.TO but i'm starting to think if it reaches near mid teens the momentum will drive it to a new high again...hmm what to do.

Hey morgan if you have time can you help analyze Ford chart? I'm trying to see if I can predict a reversal just so I can get a better feel of chart reading. From what I see Ford follows the overall market a lot of the time so the sell off hit it hard, RSI at 30.60, far below the major moving averages at 7,50,200 and is just near the bottom band of the BB. The MACD is what still confuses me still, what is the proper way to read this indicator? I'm still learning more about the different candle types that also indicate a reversal.

If you have time any insight would be greatly appreciated!
    -Learning Novice!
    BBRY is likely to hit $ 16.00/shr/CDN this year simply because of the Canadian dollar discount of 11%. We didn't have that a year ago when we were looking at $ 18.32/shr/US. That's not much of a rally is it? I see us getting closer to the "US 52 week high" by the end of this year which places the BB.TO number 11% higher.

As for Ford, for the love of God, it just completed the "Death Cross" with the 50-dma cutting down through the 200-dma which is the worst thing a stock can do. I see Ford dropping to $ 12.00/shr now and any bounce would be used to sell or short the stock. Remember, when the RSI = < 30 occurred last time (Dec/2013 tax loss selling), the stock still continued to drop 15% more percent. I cannot recommend you buying the dips for a pop on that one simply because it is hated by all PC trading circles now. For the same money, you can buy HALO or a ratio of BBRY which has real upside potential on any news event. GL
    02-04-14 09:35 AM
    We need BBM 2.0 to be released soon. I am barely keeping about 15 of my friends on BBM. A significant update will hopefully get them more interested.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and austriker like this.
    02-04-14 10:11 AM
    oh ... look what we have here
    shhh ... don't tell.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Reed Richards and bungaboy like this.
    02-04-14 10:32 AM
    Looks like BBRY has finally closed that gap down to $ 9.10/shr and the DOW is now close to its 200-dma so we should be finished on the downside for now.
    Morgan, I am impressed. BBRY closed yesterday exact at $ 9.10/shr and today is nice and green (fingers crossed it stays green)
    Superfly_FR, Korepab and bungaboy like this.
    02-04-14 10:37 AM
    This looks nice. My watch list has some green in it today. Yesterday was pretty red, but that was yesterday! Now we need some good news on the success of BBM channels, some really good news on the BlackBerry handsets from Foxconn.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-04-14 10:59 AM
    Morgan, I am impressed. BBRY closed yesterday exact at $ 9.10/shr and today is nice and green (fingers crossed it stays green)
    What is more impressive about yesterday's close is the fact that BBRY popped well off the lows while the DOW was making new ones. The stock itself is much stronger than the general market as seen today where the DOW can barely rally to the 200-dma which should be easy enough considering the 1200 pt drop. Yet BBRY has made up the entire gap and is looking to establish the trend again. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that BBRY might have to complete that technical filling of the gap at $ 9.10 and it did it ONLY becasue the DOW is in the crapper. We need to see the general market find support soon here, that is the only thing holding BBRY back now. BBRY is officially going to be forming an uptrend line that should last for the next six months. The chart is looking very good indeed.
    02-04-14 11:00 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140204_134532.png

Today is a good day!

And yes, I use Prem was a for ideas.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:46 PM
    My wife might be getting a z30 soon

And I am stuck with a z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:53 PM
    I started buying BB a year ago and not BBRY because I was bearish on CAD at the time. That part worked out, but watching from the sidelines during after hours has been "interesting" at time.

BBRY is likely to hit $ 16.00/shr/CDN this year simply because of the Canadian dollar discount of 11%. We didn't have that a year ago when we were looking at $ 18.32/shr/US. That's not much of a rally is it? I see us getting closer to the "US 52 week high" by the end of this year which places the BB.TO number 11% higher.

As for Ford, for the love of God, it just completed the "Death Cross" with the 50-dma cutting down through the 200-dma which is the worst thing a stock can do. I see Ford dropping to $ 12.00/shr now and any bounce would be used to sell or short the stock. Remember, when the RSI = < 30 occurred last time (Dec/2013 tax loss selling), the stock still continued to drop 15% more percent. I cannot recommend you buying the dips for a pop on that one simply because it is hated by all PC trading circles now. For the same money, you can buy HALO or a ratio of BBRY which has real upside potential on any news event. GL
    Shanerredflag and morganplus8 like this.
    02-04-14 01:38 PM
    OT but interesting nonetheless, I was having lunch at a local restaurant in Ottawa, and the waiter was asking me about my Z30, so I was telling him all about it, and the fact that it will take all android app through a third party app store. He was impressed, but said it might be a little late, to which I responded that the new CEO was a lot better than the previous. To my surprise, he said he was friends with Heins' son, and even him was not so good at selling the cie. I had a good laugh.
    Shanerredflag and jxnb like this.
    02-04-14 02:23 PM
    Official Statement from BlackBerry on thier ties to CIBC and TELUS mobile payments

Earlier today we had a source let us know that BlackBerry’s network was behind CIBC and TELUS mobile payments, we reached out to BlackBerry for comment on this. BlackBerry issued the below statement letting us know “in fact, BlackBerry does operate the infrastructure that enables the secure over-the-air provisioning of credentials (e.g. credit card) into any NFC device that TELUS supports including Google’s Android and Windows devices.” :

Official Statement from BlackBerry on thier ties to CIBC and TELUS mobile payments – NerdBerry
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, W Hoa and 17 others like this.
    02-04-14 03:06 PM
    We need the CIBC mobile payment app for the Z30! The one this I miss since upgrading from my Z10.
    02-04-14 03:21 PM
    So what did we learn from this article?

I find it strange that the IP license payments would fall to zero?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 04:52 PM
    So what did we learn from this article?

I find it strange that the IP license payments would fall to zero?

Posted via CB10
    From what I got from it, was that the $800 million paid, is for the patents that will be expiring, which will take them to zero as they are no longer patented property. I don't think it was meant to say that they will have zero licencing payments, just on that portion.
    sidhuk, zyben, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    02-04-14 04:58 PM
    Interesting . . .

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) Traders Bet On a Move Above $10 By Week's End
    Option bulls think BlackBerry Ltd will resume its uptrend

by Karee Venema 2/4/2014 9:38 AM

Option Brief: BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) succumbed to yesterday's broad-market sell-off, but managed to find a foothold atop the $9 mark. The pullback didn't scare one group of option traders, who bet on a bounce from this former layer of resistance -- and a quick move into double-digit territory.

Specifically, the most popular position in BBRY's options pits on Monday was the weekly 2/7 10-strike call, where 69% of the 4,049 contracts traded did so on the ask side. Implied volatility shot 20.7 percentage points higher, and open interest added 2,523 contracts overnight. Summing it all up, it appears a fresh batch of bullish bets was initiated.

Should BBRY fail to retake the $10 level by Friday's close (the stock was trading north of this round-number mark as recently as last Thursday), the most traders have on the line is the initial cash outlay. According to Trade-Alert, the volume-weighted average price for the out-of-the-money calls was a modest $0.07 per contract.

Technically speaking, BBRY has been making a move north since bottoming out at a 10-year low of $5.44 in early December, with the shares up nearly 69% since then to trade at $9.18. BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) is poised to resume its uptrend in today's session, with the stock pointed 0.9% higher right out of the gate.
    sidhuk, Corbu, cjcampbell and 10 others like this.
    02-04-14 05:16 PM
    Don't know if anyone has been following the Microsoft CEO news today but it is interesting that the whole narrative has been enterprise/cloud/services/mobile based with little mention of smartphones or consumer products.
    02-04-14 06:10 PM
    Don't know if anyone has been following the Microsoft CEO news today but it is interesting that the whole narrative has been enterprise/cloud/services/mobile based with little mention of smartphones or consumer products.
    sounds somewhat familiar... now where have we heard this style of plan before?... hmmmmm....
    02-04-14 06:12 PM
113,256 ... 24042405240624072408 ...