View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    02-01-14 09:22 AM
    Whatever it takes to justify the current ridiculous twitter evaluation.
    02-01-14 09:37 AM
    12 page article by the guardian. Very interesting. Just pasted two paragraphs from it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ractor-extract

"Snowden agreed to meet MacAskill the next morning. The encounter went smoothly until the reporter produced his iPhone. He asked Snowden if he minded if he taped their interview, and perhaps took some photos? Snowden flung up his arms in alarm, as if prodded by an electric stick. "I might as well have invited the NSA into his bedroom," MacAskill says. The young technician explained that the spy agency was capable of turning a mobile phone into a microphone and tracking device; bringing it into the room was an elementary mistake. MacAskill dumped the phone."

"The NSA had secretly attached intercepts to the undersea fibre optic cables that ringed the world. This allowed them to read much of the globe's communications. Secret courts were compelling telecoms providers to hand over data. What's more, pretty much all of Silicon Valley was involved with the NSA, Snowden said � Google, Microsoft, Facebook, even Steve Jobs's Apple. The NSA claimed it had "direct access" to the tech giants' servers. It had even put secret back doors into online encryption software � used to make secure bank payments � weakening the system for everybody. The spy agencies had hijacked the internet. Snowden told Greenwald he didn't want to live in a world "where everything that I say, everything that I do, everyone I talk to, every expression of love or friendship is recorded"."

And adding one more paragraph.

"Just after 7pm, Guardian US went ahead and ran the story.
    That evening, diggers arrived and tore up the sidewalk immediately in front of the Guardian's US office, a mysterious activity for a Wednesday night. With smooth efficiency, they replaced it. More diggers arrived outside Gibson's home in Brooklyn. Soon, every member of the Snowden team was able to recount similar unusual moments: "taxi drivers" who didn't know the way or the fare; "window cleaners" who lingered next to the editor's office. "Very quickly, we had to get better at spycraft," Gibson says."
    Last edited by sidhuk; 02-01-14 at 10:14 AM.
    02-01-14 09:58 AM
    For your tech files. Future possibilities and implications, would also probably facilitate NSA monitoring...

US phone companies to explore replacing all phone numbers with IP addresses
    02-01-14 10:02 AM
    As a sidenote, you've got to love the passion of BBRY users:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-today-899504/

Too bad the product isn't marketed properly, if at all.
    rarsen, zyben, 3_M4N and 6 others like this.
    02-01-14 10:47 AM
    On the subject of (the end of) Privacy, some fascinating stuff:
    The End Of Privacy : TED Radio Hour : NPR
    02-01-14 11:33 AM
    As a sidenote, you've got to love the passion of BBRY users:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-today-899504/

Too bad the product isn't marketed properly, if at all.
    Lol. Tried Ttorrent lite from Snap/google store. 200mb file in 14mins. Lite version has 250kbps limit. Gonna buy the pro. It gave me option "where to save".
    Thanks guys.
    After reading so much about NSA's activities, What is the definition of stealing? Lol.
    If an ordinary person steals data then it is a crime. But if government does it? Then it is national security?

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    zyben, rarsen, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    02-01-14 11:52 AM
    If an ordinary person steals data then it is a crime. But if government does it? Then it is national security?

Now you get it whoever makes the laws wins the game! You can define what I'd legal and illegal.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, zyben, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    02-01-14 12:06 PM
    Any idea where we might go this coming week, global sell off is still a good possibility but I was just looking at the chart for BBRY. RSI has finally reached a good level at 58.3 but the MACD is crossing towards the downside so where do yall think we will end up?
    02-01-14 12:30 PM
    VP of security product management and research at BlackBerry discusses "Cybersecurity in the surveillance age"

...The fact that the number and utility of mobile devices will only increase means that the boundaries of the modern organization are being stretched to include hundreds or even thousands of mobile end points possessing access to the most precious assets, such as intellectual property and other sensitive information. Security in this environment cannot be an afterthought. It must be built in at every layer -- hardware, software, and network infrastructure -- to ensure end-to-end protection.

At BlackBerry, security is our core competency. Our guiding business principle is keeping data -- your data -- out of the hands of third parties. Our solutions are bereft of �backdoors� or other vulnerabilities. With the stakes so high in �The Surveillance Age,� it�s imperative that you demand the same commitment from every partner you trust with your information.

Cybersecurity in the surveillance age | Government Security News
    02-01-14 12:53 PM
    Wow. This blackberry travel app is Frickin Good. I know it has been mentioned here before. But one has to use it to believe it.

Somebody, for God's sake, please please, market BB10 properly.

Last edited by sidhuk; 02-01-14 at 02:04 PM.
    rarsen, zyben, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    02-01-14 12:57 PM
    MEGA now working on native BlackBerry 10 app:

Recent MEGA Port Sparks Native Interest for BB10 Support |
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    02-01-14 01:12 PM
    MEGA now working on native BlackBerry 10 app:

Recent MEGA Port Sparks Native Interest for BB10 Support |
    And a nice big storage amount too.
    rarsen, zyben, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    02-01-14 01:17 PM
    VP of security product management and research at BlackBerry discusses "Cybersecurity in the surveillance age"

..]Cybersecurity in the surveillance age | Government Security News[/url]
    great find, my favorite quote "Simply put, the more entropy you have the more effective your encryption can be."
    zyben, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-01-14 03:20 PM
    Wow. This blackberry travel app is Frickin Good. I know it has been mentioned here before. But one has to use it to believe it.

Haha...
    When I was on iOS only a year ago, I downloaded and tried all the travel Apps I could find. I was happy with one of them, but it is not even close to being as good as BlackBerry Travel. I now have forgotten how to travel without BlackBerry Travel. I rely on it for everything from flight information, gate changes, hotel information, car rental information, navigation to hotel and airport, climate of destination, and even the people that I know locally.

I hate it as much as I hate my GPS system, because I have lost the ability to function without them. LOL

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, rarsen, zyben and 6 others like this.
    02-01-14 04:08 PM
    Some general info on the competition:

Lenovo CEO eyes Motorola customisation in bid to beat Apple and Samsung | ZDNet
    Questioned whether Lenovo can beat Apple and Samsung in the mobile market, Yang was unequivocal, telling Fortune: "Definitely, over time. Our mission is to surpass them." According to Yang, Motorola will become Lenovo's main smartphone brand in the US, a country where it has no mobile presence. However, it will keep Lenovo in China and may re-introduce the Motorola brand there.

After 30 years, why did the Mac never break into big business? | ZDNet

Microsoft CEO drumbeat picks up for Nadella as CEO | ZDNet
    02-01-14 05:37 PM
    Maybe BlackBerry should do this, but there is also the argument that SMS is pointless. With BBM and PIN messages what's the point? Across all platforms, SMS is dying out, and a $21M company is a very small company indeed.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe true, but I use SMS 10 to 1 over BBM, mainly because the SMS is ubiquitous and most importantly because it works while I have my data turned off.
    I turn data off to conserve battery, and, oh Ya, to reduce radiation to my testicles.
    02-01-14 09:03 PM
    Maybe true, but I use SMS 10 to 1 over BBM, mainly because the SMS is ubiquitous and most importantly because it works while I have my data turned off.
    BBM works for me with data turned off, just slower. Voice and Video need data on though.

I turn data off to conserve battery, and, oh Ya, to reduce radiation to my testicles.
    Sure, but do you have vibration mode maxed out? Hehe...

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:16 PM
    Now you get it whoever makes the laws wins the game! You can define what I'd legal and illegal.

Posted via CB10
    Here is a good definition:

https://www.onlinefilefolder.com/2szB6qQsG09Bx6

For a summary, zoom to the last page (black with white font). Shocking.
    Worth the read if you are United Statesian.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 02-01-14 at 10:35 PM.
    02-01-14 10:15 PM

Just installed and punched in my flight details.
    The temperature is going to be 30 degrees where I will be in a couple of days
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    02-01-14 10:20 PM
    BBM works for me with data turned off, just slower. Voice and Video need data on though.

Posted via CB10
    Really? Perhaps it depends on the carrier. I am on Telus, and can't get BBM while I have my 'data services' off. What carrier are you using?

What has everyone else noticed? I feel that this is a serious mark against BBM vs. SMS if it turns out that BBM won't work this way over (most?) carriers.
    Nice caveat here is that I doubt the other messaging apps work either.

Please advise.
    02-01-14 10:23 PM
    Just installed and punched in my flight details.
    The temperature is going to be 30 degrees where I will be in a couple of days
    Don't need to punch in details. Under your ticket confirmation email options select share with blackberry travel and the rest is all automatic
    Or give this app permission to your messages and it will detect every kind of travel confirmation and add automatically
    morganplus8, rarsen, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    02-01-14 10:49 PM
    Really? Perhaps it depends on the carrier. I am on Telus, and can't get BBM while I have my 'data services' off. What carrier are you using?

What has everyone else noticed? I feel that this is a serious mark against BBM vs. SMS if it turns out that BBM won't work this way over (most?) carriers.
    Nice caveat here is that I doubt the other messaging apps work either.

Please advise.
    I'm on AT&T and my wife is on T-Mobile. BBM works on both without data.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 06:18 AM
    Radiation happens whether data is turned on or off. The device is still maintaining radio connectivity with the cell towers for calls and SMS.
    anon(4086547), sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    02-02-14 08:20 AM
    Hi gang, just a friendly drop-in : as we're in week-end time, I guess it's a no brainer to slide O.T ...
    Yet, your great findings (besides the "top level" ones that can influence stock variations) may find a nice place in the various forum sections

Cheers and have a great Sunday !
    02-02-14 08:26 AM
113,250 ... 24012402240324042405 ...