View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi JLagoon,
    I will PM you so as not to bore others with my questions. Not questioning your TA which I appreciate very much, but rather the form of the BB price data curve which seems different, the reason why I suspect it might be my time span reviewed or possible curve emphasis ??.
    Corbu likes this.
    01-31-14 01:41 PM
    01-31-14 01:42 PM
    I don't expect much good news from the next report to be honest. Phone sales will be even worse, and spending will have depleted cash somewhat. I think we will probably see something disappointing, but not as bad as the previous two quarters, which is perhaps the best we can hope for. I hope I'm wrong as I'm buying more stock today but I doubt we will have anything to rejoice about for another several months.

Posted via CB10
    Written off inventory of Z10/Q5/Q10 blow out sales adds rev
    Real estate sale ~ 700M (my guess)
    Income tax refunds ~ 400M (my guess)
    BES10 trials end Dec 31/13 and service revenues come on to the books
    No cost to build out / produce new devices (nominal cost with Foxconn for the Jakarta) vs the previous quarters of $250M for EACH ramp up of the Z10, Q5, Q10, Z30.
    The 'for sale' period is well over now. People started buying at least some devices again (especially enterprise as they roll out BES10/10.2)
    'rightsizing' leading to lower opex Q/Q

I'm expecting certainly a beat.
    01-31-14 01:59 PM
    A summary of the Globe and Mail article that was pulled from the web:

Source: Stockwatch

Does anyone get the printed Globe & Mail? Is the article in there?
    The Globe is still getting paid by the shorts to rag on Blackberry? I guess there are still 100M.....and the Globe is desperate for cash.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-31-14 02:02 PM
    Hi JLagoon,
    My apologies as I spread out the full graph on a larger monitor screen. My regular screen wasn't permitting me to properly read the span of 2 weeks that you are using, as I was using a full month span which of course the form of the curve was different. Blame that on my being overworked putting out a stressful document earlier today, but hey its gone, it's late Friday and I can now understand was is going on. Time for a liquid refreshment.
    Keep up the good work.
    Corbu, morganplus8, take99 and 2 others like this.
    01-31-14 02:04 PM
    It can't be Apple's fault. They are the market leaders. I wonder if any other companies ever were like that? *sarcasm aplenty *

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    01-31-14 02:40 PM
    Don't recall seeing this posted.
    For our friends on T-Mobile:
    10.2.1 Released for T-Mobile USA Z10 & Q10 |
    dusdal, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    01-31-14 02:56 PM
    01-31-14 03:29 PM
    Yhanks cgk (out of btn).

So, BES10 in the Cloud is now BlackBerry Unite !
    I like that.
    bungaboy, rarsen and jxnb like this.
    01-31-14 03:45 PM
    Perhaps you might start your own thread and then you can make up any rules you like?

As for this thread is seems to be functioning quite well.
    By who's rules, and by who's assumption left unchallenged?

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    01-31-14 03:47 PM
    The article states that BlackBerry was losing 4 Billion quarterly. Is that for real?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:52 PM
    By who's rules, and by who's assumption left unchallenged?

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    CrackBerry forums rules are the only legit.
    Due to the huge size of this thread and sometimes the need to chill / de-stress, we have sometimes parenthesis and recreational time.
    Your original claim is legit, but keep in mind some are here on a daily basis for years now and can have developed personal relationships with others and use their real first name.

So, the most important is to keep everything civil and as much friendly as possible.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 04:09 PM
    I had a descending wedge issue a while ago, but a quick re size of "shorts" took care of it.

Happy Friday.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    zyben, Corbu, cjcampbell and 7 others like this.
    01-31-14 04:24 PM
    Tap in to a Tims – BlackBerry teams up with Joffrey Lupul and Tim Hortons

Tap in to a Tims - BlackBerry teams up with Joffrey Lupul and Tim Hortons - BlackBerry Empire
    bungaboy, rarsen and Bilaal like this.
    01-31-14 04:34 PM
    For anyone interested, the following is a blog that compares different enterprise security/mdm solutions. It's not a competition so there is no winner. I'll paste the BES10 section of the article below:

BES is the original MDM platform developed by the "Artist Formerly Known As Research In Motion ". Until recently, BES was designed to manage BlackBerry devices. Now it is capable of managing both Android and iOS too, via a new Universal Device Service. The extension into managing its competitors is full of solid advantages, but at the moment it is somewhat complex to administer.
    Network World state that BES, along with Good, are probably the two best MDM solutions that were tested and can securely lock down your mobile email. If this is a primary concern then it was recommended that it should be considered just on that alone. Second, BES has a solid collection of iOS/Android device management policies that you wouldn't expect from an early product release.
    The policies cover everything from password policies to turning off specific phone peripherals (and not just disabling the camera itself but more subtle things like being able to hide the icon on the phone desktop or disable screen captures). There are policies to wipe the phone or to require particular iOS or Android versions. For each policy, you can see which version of iOS or Android is relevant right on the screen: that is a nice touch and Network world opined that they wished other vendors were as forthcoming in documenting this.
    BES will remake Android and iOS phones as close to the security model of the BlackBerry as it can and they have two scenarios: one called "Balanced" which divides the phone into personal and business sections, and one called Secure that locks the phone 100% into a corporate and protected device. The Balanced selection is only available on more recent devices and BES10 servers, with the exception of iOS7. All communication is encrypted between the device and BES, and then from BES to the appropriate enterprise services, so no VPN is required. If BES detects a rooted/jail broken device, it will shut down all communications.
    With all the negative press surrounding BlackBerry in recent years it is sometimes forgotten that BlackBerry has more security certifications from more government agencies than any other MDM vendor. BlackBerry is also the only vendor to date to be awarded an �Authority to Operate� certification from the US Department of Defence.
    Furthermore it should be noted that 87% of the Fortune 500 use BlackBerry services. There are over 30,000 BES10 commercial and test servers installed to date and a global enterprise customer base exceeding 80,000 customer.
    BES10 is reasonably priced at $19 per device per year, with an additional $99 per user per year for its secure workspace features for Android and iOS devices. BlackBerry offers BES10 as a 60-day free trial including 50 secure workspace licenses and 50 device licenses. The company offers (or will soon offer) a subset of the on-premises BES features in a cloud version.

It's just a Blog!: Pros and Cons of BES10 V "the others"
    01-31-14 06:29 PM
    Don't recall seeing this posted.
    For our friends on T-Mobile:
    10.2.1 Released for T-Mobile USA Z10 & Q10 |
    I installed the leaked 1925, and received this update last night.
    01-31-14 07:02 PM
    Since this is after-hours, am sharing some communications history.

I have hobbies including electronics and Ham radio communications since being a teenager. Occasionally helping out a friend responsible for a radio communications museum, the files indicate the following. Motorola originated from idea of car radios in 1930 started with a woman's suggestion. The original manufacturer developed in 1940 the first handheld two-way radio -- The Handy-Talkie -- for the U. S. Army. In 1956 the company introduced the world's first pager and In 1973 it invented the world's first handheld cellular phone.
    The first BlackBerry device, the 850 was introduced in 1999 as a two-way pager in Munich, Germany. The name BlackBerry was coined by the marketing company Lexicon Branding. The name was chosen due to the resemblance of the keyboard's buttons to that of the drupelets that compose the blackberry fruit.
    Each succeeding technology step (at least from the more serious companies, you know the ones) is a major improvement over the previous. Waiting for more people to be fully exposed to and able to appreciate BB10 and QNX's advanced technical possibilities and advantages.
    Enjoy the weekend and the BB benefit.
    01-31-14 07:12 PM
    FWIW, today we were out taking a look at a little job, project lead needs to make a call...no cell service. I handed him my Z30...full clear signal, call completed, he hands it back and says "I gotta get one of those Galaxy's"...I show him the BlackBerry emblem on the back, tell him about the Paratech antenna and ask if anyone else has a signal (I was truly curious). Nope, only my BlackBerry.
    That stuff is worth gold to our stock as the word spreads...this is absolutely the best PHONE that happens to do everything else pretty well on the market!

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-31-14 08:55 PM
    Shanerredflag, second that my friend, second that!

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    01-31-14 11:27 PM
    Since BES10 is now one of the main focuses of the company (and this thread), this seems relevant. How does BES10 not included secure/enterprise SMS?

They are just leaving the door wide open - TigerText Raises $21M To Bring Its Secure, Mobile Messaging Platform To The Healthcare Industry | TechCrunch
    02-01-14 01:26 AM
    Since BES10 is now one of the main focuses of the company (and this thread), this seems relevant. How does BES10 not included secure/enterprise SMS?

They are just leaving the door wide open - TigerText Raises $21M To Bring Its Secure, Mobile Messaging Platform To The Healthcare Industry | TechCrunch
    Maybe BlackBerry should do this, but there is also the argument that SMS is pointless. With BBM and PIN messages what's the point? Across all platforms, SMS is dying out, and a $21M company is a very small company indeed.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 03:27 AM

They use BBM, that's why.
    02-01-14 07:49 AM

Because, basically, SMS isn't secure by nature. Almost any nation dismissed the option to send sensitive informations by this media. Furthermore if broadcasted.
    PIN messages, BBM, (secured - with authentication) email in a secure (BES) environment are the only valid options.
    02-01-14 07:55 AM
    Good mornin' everyone. Time for my weekly gold update. lol. So far, that downtrend line running from the beginning of last year is proving to be strong. With the crossing of the moving averages, you can see a strong attempt to push through, and it did get through one level but got denied it's attempt to get through the second, and apparently, stronger level. I don't know what next week will bring but this is one fun one to watch on a technical level. So far this last few weeks it's been following TA patterns almost to a "T" and for a newb like me, it's quite the learning experience. Below are a couple of charts. One is the 1 year chart to show the wedge we are in, and the second is the 6 month to get a closer view of the recent trading. I circled the last months area to show how the price has followed and trended along the moving averages and also show how that cross over did, indeed, have a bullish effect as predicted last week.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-02-01-8.58.44-am.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-02-01-9.04.01-am.png
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 14 others like this.
    02-01-14 08:13 AM
    Weekend news.

BlackBerry Giving EA Games Free This February
    BlackBerry Giving EA Games Free This February - BerryReview
    02-01-14 08:17 AM
113,256 ... 24002401240224032404 ...