View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't expect much good news from the next report to be honest. Phone sales will be even worse, and spending will have depleted cash somewhat. I think we will probably see something disappointing, but not as bad as the previous two quarters, which is perhaps the best we can hope for. I hope I'm wrong as I'm buying more stock today but I doubt we will have anything to rejoice about for another several months.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 06:52 AM
    Interesting titbit of information from Europe... Samsung is pushing big by taking over space in Carphone Warehouse http://rapidmobile.biz/carphone-ware....3QlDoSkC.dpbs

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    01-31-14 06:59 AM
    I don't expect much good news from the next report to be honest. Phone sales will be even worse, and spending will have depleted cash somewhat. I think we will probably see something disappointing, but not as bad as the previous two quarters, which is perhaps the best we can hope for. I hope I'm wrong as I'm buying more stock today but I doubt we will have anything to rejoice about for another several months.

Posted via CB10
    It won't be about the phone sales at this ER. It will be about their revenues with MDM.

After Jakarta drops and BBRY starts seeing revenue from their new partnership, without incurring the risk of further inventory writedowns, that's when the device sales will come back into the picture. But the earliest indications of that won't be arriving until the ER in June, unless they deliver a bombshell of a phone at MWC in Feb. (ie: iPhone-level precision manufacturing delivered at a 3rd World price point)
    bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    01-31-14 07:05 AM
    It won't be about the phone sales at this ER. It will be about their revenues with MDM.

After Jakarta drops and BBRY starts seeing revenue from their new partnership, without incurring the risk of further inventory writedowns, that's when the device sales will come back into the picture. But the earliest indications of that won't be arriving until the ER in June, unless they deliver a bombshell of a phone at MWC in Feb. (ie: iPhone-level precision manufacturing delivered at a 3rd World price point)
    Well, as I said, I would love to be pleasantly surprised lol. I do think the Z5 (surely that's what it will be called?) will sell surprisingly well. The BlackBerry is dead stuff is ending, and that drag will slowly lift from the phone sales situation. It just needs to be a good looking phone with great specs for its price - i hope that's not too much to ask. If BlackBerry aren't doing that then they may as well not even launch a phone. Anyway, fingers crossed as usual lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:23 AM
    01-31-14 08:10 AM
    Some exec(s) quit in BlackBerry India ive read, not sure if it's old news but it seems perhaps that's the reason for the premarket pullback of about 2% (last I looked) ?

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    01-31-14 08:23 AM
    Classic they blame everyone but themselves. If anyone should blame the carriers it's BlackBerry geez

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    01-31-14 08:25 AM
    A summary of the Globe and Mail article that was pulled from the web:

Globe says start-up shows secure way to drop BlackBerry
    The Globe and Mail reports in its Friday edition that while BlackBerry may still be a leader in enterprise security, corporate IT executives are recoiling at the thought of investing in new handsets from a company whose clients and investors are jumping ship. The Globe's Dave Morris writes it is little wonder, then, that a steady stream of competitors has flooded into the breach. Christy Wyatt is chief executive officer of Good Technology, one of the top software security firms soaking up BlackBerry's former enterprise clients. Ms. Wyatt was previously Citigroup's global head of consumer e-business and mobile technology. Good Technology is one of a handful of firms at the forefront of a rapidly expanding "bring your own device" software industry that is helping companies open up their computer networks to mobile devices. Anyone with an aging, company-supplied BlackBerry knows the irritation of trying to get work done on a device that is miles behind their personal smart phones and tablets. Tech-savvy employees have also grown increasingly frustrated at not being able to make use of the latest apps on devices that are tightly locked down by IT. Some companies are turning to Good to provide more options.
    Source: Stockwatch

Does anyone get the printed Globe & Mail? Is the article in there?
    laketrout73 likes this.
    01-31-14 08:53 AM

It will be about Chen again and his conf call. I think his stellar performance last Q and what they pre-announced and the cash/debt they took on bought BBRY 2-3 more quarters. The big players understand the story now and are likely to give him a few quarters unless the numbers are terrible. I think he lowered the bar enough last quarter so there shouldn't be any massive unexpected losses. Sure everyone will want to see the conversion rate from the free trials, but I think there is some time here to turn the ship. I'd like to see BBRY really push the security thing with the consumer as well. I think people are starting to care, finally about it, esp after Yahoo today. BBRY needs to pounce. Too bad BB10 isn't under the old server system where BBRY could lock it all down much better than any other consumer device could.
    La Emperor, Corbu and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-31-14 09:01 AM
    Any bets on where we will end up today?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:21 AM
    Here's to you Superfly_FR. 60000 posts on your great thread! Cheers
    Hey, that's so smart of you

I was searching for this one to congrat the 60Kth post author !
    So here we go full :
    Congrats W_Hoa for this amazing 60.000th post !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cheers.jpg
    Cheers,
    SF
    01-31-14 09:22 AM
    Any bets on where we will end up today?

Posted via CB10
    between 9 and 10
    bungaboy and Korepab like this.
    01-31-14 09:32 AM
    http://www.firmenpresse.de/pressinfo...hones-aus.html

And Google translate:
    Hamburg / Dusseldorf, 01/30/2014 - BlackBerry � and Hamburger Sport-Verein (HSV) have been partners for this season. In the Part of the cooperation were the members of the squad on 29 January equipped with BlackBerry 10 devices. Thus, the benefit Player of the HSVs immediately from the powerful BlackBerry Smartphones that of a flexible and efficient communication allow anywhere. When handing Captain Rafael van der Vaart and showed his team from the BlackBerry 10 user experience and the presented BlackBerry Devices Z30 and Q10 smartphones thrilled. BlackBerry 10
    is due to its high flexibility and the unique
    Features such as BlackBerry Time-Shift, BlackBerry Messenger and the BlackBerry Flow especially for highly mobile users as the players
    of HSVs. Playing easy to use is also the BlackBerry stroke, where all communication channels converge. Vielkommunizierer so have the perfect overview of incoming messages, emails or updates from social media channels.
    "We are pleased one of the oldest sports clubs
    Germany equip with our innovative BlackBerry devices. The Player of the HSV travel a lot and very clamped. We are pleased that we add with our smartphones can help to facilitate the communication - so you can they like privately effectively maintain contact professionally, "says Markus C. Muller, Managing Director BlackBerry Germany.
    The team of Hamburger SV was pleased with the diverse new ways of communicating and then the Blackberry Q10 and Z30 to use in everyday player. Rafael van der Vaart: "I can not keep their hands from my BlackBerry. I'm very satisfied and for me is no other cell phone in question. "
    The BlackBerry Z30 with a 5-inch display is the largest, fastest and most advanced BlackBerry smartphone and thus up to any task. The touch-screen device proves endurance, as it has the largest and longest lasting battery of all previous BlackBerry smartphone features. The BlackBerry Q 10, however, is with classical, but redesigned QWERTY keyboard equipped, with the letter due to the high accuracy even more pleasure makes. More information at www.blackberry.de
    01-31-14 09:35 AM
    Not fair! We had first dibs on that "reason". LoL
    01-31-14 09:46 AM
    A nice piece of reading if you ask me
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: BlackBerry: Positive Catalysts For 2014 - Seeking Alpha

BlackBerry is now the only OS to support two OSs, and you could argue this will lead to more quality app selections than Android or iOS alone, BB10 for work apps, and Android for entertainment.
    Foxconn will do more than just manufacturer phones -- it will actively promote BlackBerry phones and probably do it better than BlackBerry could in Asia with vendors, carriers, and consumers.
    [BES10]
    Despite the many competitors in this space, BlackBerry is still the 500lb gorilla in the room and enterprises don't change easily or switch to upstart companies for secure MDM solutions. Expect a slow and steady dose of BES10 adoption, especially since the new update opens up Android apps to those employees who can't live without them.
    Rightsizing: BlackBerry has been through a lot of painful layoffs over the past year, and that will continue for the first half of 2014. Expect to see future quarterly operational costs reduced as a result. It's sad for the employees getting laid off, but investors like to see management demonstrating the ability to make difficult cost-cutting decisions.
    01-31-14 09:54 AM
    Ironic that Mayer (yahoo CEO) was so vocal about dumping BlackBerry phones fro yahoo

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, zyben, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    01-31-14 09:54 AM
    Some TMobile subs in the US are reporting that they have received the 10.2.1 update this morning
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-31-14 10:23 AM
    Are we "drying" on low volumes ? Anyone ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    01-31-14 10:46 AM
    Slow recovery, but yet, climbing ... are you guys in bed ? lol
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    01-31-14 11:37 AM
    Oh, irony ...

the scandalous practices of the NSA has raised many questions towards our privacy. If these are the policies that get perceived as an abuse of power, they could cause such a visceral reaction globalized , mistrust towards the internet and all means of communication. If it does not now seem possible to do without our connected devices, what would prevent a revolution in protocols and / or user habits ?

In the same vein, the excessive centralization of data in favor of advertising established by the major Internet players , Google head, could equally cause users to be fed up, a fed that could well lead to a change in behavior. Moreover, to some extent , would not that what Facebook is already suffering with an early disinterestedness of its users, a harbinger of advertising fed up ?

Moreover, the richness displayed by Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) , Larry Elison (Oracle) , Elon Musk ( PayPal) , Marissa Mayer (Yahoo) or Tim Cook ( Apple) , not to mention the stock market valuations , astronomical fines and record profits may finaly cause a feeling of injustice , so a sense of rebellion.
    Then you're tempted to believe that's all good for BlackBerry ...
    But ...

Finally, it is important not to forget that all these ingredients are an integral part of the same world, the world of High - Tech. In fact, elements seem in place for a catastrophic scenario, but which one? For proof , just take into consideration the current situation of BlackBerry , who would have thought that when the Canadian firm was at its peak ?
    Lol, we're only half way ... people just need to make the link ... et voila.

(From : High-Tech : est-ce que 2014 sera l'ann�e de la r�volution geek ? (in French))
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-31-14 at 11:48 AM. Reason: some translation adjustments
    rarsen, sidhuk, zyben and 2 others like this.
    01-31-14 11:42 AM
    Wide awake here :-)

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    01-31-14 11:43 AM
    Here's how the falling wedge looks in the 30 minute chart. It hit the bottom part earlier. A close above $9.70 would be a good setup for next week.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-01-31-1.15.19-pm.jpg
    01-31-14 12:17 PM
    Hi JLagoon,
    Do you mind reconfirming your chart and explain the span of it. My curve seems different and I haven't touched the liquid refreshments yet, maybe my eyesight is slowly degrading.. Maybe my poor understanding, which of the parameters do you use but always willing to learn. Note I have been using the StockCharts.com info.
    Corbu, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-31-14 12:50 PM
    Hi JLagoon,
    Do you mind reconfirming your chart and explain the span of it. My curve seems different and I haven't touched the liquid refreshments yet, maybe my eyesight is slowly degrading.. Maybe my poor understanding, which of the parameters do you use but always willing to learn. Note I have been using the StockCharts.com info.
    Hi Rarsen:

The falling wedge spans up to February 6th. I use, MACD, RSI, and Stoch. RSI mainly. The SP appears to be dwindling down, after the gain from $6 range. I think, BBRY is waiting for another catalyst to break that top downtrend line around $10.75, then form a new pattern.

Maybe you could share your chart as well.
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    01-31-14 01:18 PM
    Still awake here. Just bought some more.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and JLagoon like this.
    01-31-14 01:38 PM
113,256 ... 23992400240124022403 ...