View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hmm not sure I believe all of those tax accounting assumptions. Also Google took the operating losses for the last few years. Another issue is what the actual cash flow was. If Google paid cash initially and if moto was cash flow negative, then it was a real problem.

Looks like Lenovo might have been smart to avoid bbry if it can get the moto assets this cheap though.

Posted via CB10
    Did Lenovo really avoid BlackBerry? Seems to me that they wanted nothing more than to own BlackBerry for obvious reasons, but I believe that they were shot down over national/govt/military security reason(??)
    I am certain that if Lenovo could have bought BlackBerry , they would have. Motorola (for same reasons said), is the next best choice for Lenovo.
    01-30-14 12:19 PM
    @ibpluto
    I hope you got home. I had a similar experience flying through London when north America was all frozen up at New years. BlackBerry travel warned me there was a problem so I was first to the gate to deal with it. Air Canada said there was no problem but I showed them my information and after a few calls they agreed. When they explained that it wouldn't be too much of a delay I opened my AC app on my Z10 and showed them that the departure time they had was before the plane was even going to be there. The checked their system and said I must be wrong. As they were checking the inbound flight got delayed another hour according to my trusty z10. Finally they made enough calls to confirm that the information I had was more accurate than what they had on their screens so they moved us to an earlier flight (even got an upgrade out of the deal). The wife was impressed.
    Gotta love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, Corbu, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    01-30-14 12:43 PM
    *cricket cricket cricket*...yawn

sooo how's everyone day going
    01-30-14 01:01 PM
    Wow 3000 pages and closing in on 60,000 posts. I think we should let SF make the magic 60k post

Posted via CB10
    randall2580, sidhuk, zyben and 2 others like this.
    01-30-14 01:11 PM
    *cricket cricket cricket*...yawn

sooo how's everyone day going
    This day is sooooo slow.

Posted via CB10
    slipstream89 likes this.
    01-30-14 01:21 PM
    Just saw a Z30 in the wild. Photos don't do it justice. This thing looks gorgeous in person.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    zyben, bungaboy, Randeman and 2 others like this.
    01-30-14 02:01 PM
    True, maybe it was BlackBerry anticipating. Lenovo expressed interest in buying BlackBerry.. and we did hear rumours about Lenovo buying IBM's server business before. I'm glad they teamed up with Foxconn before Lenovo stepped in.. I would have been much more worried otherwise.
    I think Lenovo was interested in BlackBerry long before the Motorola deal was approached/contemplated. BlackBerry would has sold them rights to their patents and they would have received the same hardware deal as Foxconn got. The problem there is that the BB Brand would have stayed with BlackBerry and that's a deal killer. Motorola was a much better fit for Lenovo then BlackBerry as they now hold international Branding and control of the product. BlackBerry would have wanted the same money and still hold onto control of the product.

The downside to all of this is that yet another company has the rights to a patent chest and that's dilutive to the value of all patents in general. Did anyone really think that Lenovo would purchase all of BlackBerry, or have the funding in place to do so? It never would have gone to them. We have to keep an eye on Lenovo now but the real star for 2014 is going to be BBRY. Apple is failing, no new products coming out from them, and, Foxconn is already developing the next generation of BlackBerry phones on a killer OS. Lenovo will be competing in the low-end market along with Samsung and Foxconn, BlackBerry has little to worry about right now, they just need to execute on the plan for 2014.
    rarsen, sidhuk, zyben and 11 others like this.
    01-30-14 02:25 PM
    @ibpluto
    I hope you got home. I had a similar experience flying through London when north America was all frozen up at New years. BlackBerry travel warned me there was a problem so I was first to the gate to deal with it. Air Canada said there was no problem but I showed them my information and after a few calls they agreed. When they explained that it wouldn't be too much of a delay I opened my AC app on my Z10 and showed them that the departure time they had was before the plane was even going to be there. The checked their system and said I must be wrong. As they were checking the inbound flight got delayed another hour according to my trusty z10. Finally they made enough calls to confirm that the information I had was more accurate than what they had on their screens so they moved us to an earlier flight (even got an upgrade out of the deal). The wife was impressed.
    Gotta love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    Me and my Z10 have safely arrived back to my cozy home in the land of Blackberry from that cluster that was Atlanta. I managed to get on the last flight out to Detroit, spent the night there because they had planty of inexpensive hotel rooms (no way I was sleeping on the termanal floor in Atlanta only to likely have my flights cancelled again this morning), and then casually grabbed a flight in the AM to Toronto.

It's days like yesterday, that I know I made the best choice in choosing Blackberry!

Also, made it home to download some juicy 10.2.1 goodness.....loving pinch to zoom in the hub and the config settings pull down. Also downloaded amazon store and will be candy crushing away tonight when I get caught up on some reports I need to get out.
    morganplus8, sidhuk, zyben and 5 others like this.
    01-30-14 02:32 PM
    QNX acoustics technology shortlisted for 2014 embedded AWARD

Okay, first things first. I didn't get the capitalization wrong. The name of the award really is spelled that way. I thought it odd at first, but I'm getting used to it. And besides, who am I to complain? After all, I spend a good part of my life promoting a product whose name is spelled all uppercase, and... where was I? Oh yes, the award!

Every year, the folks who organize the embedded world Exhibition&Conference hold the embedded AWARDs, which honor the most innovative software, hardware, and tools for embedded developers. And this year, the competition judges selected QNX Acoustics for Active Noise Control as a finalist in the software category.

If you aren’t familiar with our ANC solution, allow me to provide an overview — which will also help explain why the embedded AWARD judges are so impressed.

Automakers need to reduce fuel consumption. And to do that, they employ techniques such as variable engine displacement and operating the engine at lower RPM. These techniques may save gas, but they also result in "boom" noise that permeates the car's interior and can lead to driver distraction. And who needs more distraction?

To reduce this noise, automakers use ANC, which plays “anti-noise” (sound proportional but inverted to the offending engine tones) over the car's speakers. The problem is, existing ANC systems require dedicated hardware, which adds design complexity, not to mention significant Bill of Materials costs. And who needs more costs?

Enter QNX Acoustics for ANC. Rather than use dedicated hardware, QNX ANC provides a software library that can run on the existing DSP or CPU of the car's head unit or audio system. This approach not only reduces hardware costs, also enables better performance, faster development, and more design flexibility. I could go on, but I will let my colleague Tina Jeffrey provide the full skinny.

Did I mention? This wouldn’t be the first time QNX is tapped for an embedded AWARD. It has won two so far, in 2006 and 2004, for innovations in multi-core and power-management technology. It was also a finalist in 2010, for its persistent publish/subscribe messaging. Here's to making it a hat trick.

QNX Auto Blog: QNX acoustics technology shortlisted for 2014 embedded AWARD
    01-30-14 02:45 PM
    "yahoo says had coordinated effort to gain unauthorized access; says access affected yahoo mail accounts."
    01-30-14 04:09 PM
    The Globe and mail posted an article "Blackberry Killer" now it is pulled off.
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=globe...McOoyAHB3oHYCQ
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-30-14 04:33 PM
    What was it about?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 04:46 PM
    What was it about?

Posted via CB10
    This is the opening snippet from Google:
    The BlackBerry Killer
    The Globe and Mail - 1 hour ago
    That sucking sound you hear is the vacuum that BlackBerry's dramatic collapse has left in the...
    Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.1925 | Bell | CB10
    01-30-14 04:57 PM
    This is the opening snippet from Google:
    Here's a bit more.....

That sucking sound you hear is the vacuum that BlackBerry's dramatic collapse has left in the smartphone world. While the company may still be a leader in enterprise security, corporate IT executives are recoiling at the thought of investing in new …
    01-30-14 05:03 PM
    Here's a bit more.....
    Haha... wow. No wonder it was pulled.
    01-30-14 05:06 PM
    Here's everything I was able to capture from the Globe article that was pulled:
    That sucking sound you hear is the vacuum that BlackBerry's dramatic collapse has left in the smartphone world. While the company may still be a leader in enterprise security, corporate IT executives are recoiling at the thought of investing in new devices from a company whose clients and investors are jumping ship as though they had first-class cabins on the Titanic.
    <gap>
    Even before Christy Wyatt became the president and CEO of Good Technology�one of the top software security firms soaking up BlackBerry's former...
    <gap>
    Anyone with an aging, company-supplied BlackBerry knows the irritation of trying to get work done on a device that's miles behind their personal smartphones and tablets.
    <gap>
    As a Canadian, does Wyatt feel a bit funny about being the face of the product that some call a �BlackBerry killer�? �I guess I don't look at it that way,� she says carefully. �A lot of our customers�say, any large global bank�they've had BlackBerry for a period of time, and so we've always had this kind of peaceful co-existence.
    <gap>
    EDIT: I was able to get a little bit more (30 words or so), I've patched it in where applicable above.
    Last edited by mornhavon; 01-30-14 at 06:16 PM.
    01-30-14 05:47 PM
    01-30-14 08:04 PM
    And it continues . . .

Exclusive
    CSEC used airport Wi-Fi to track Canadian travellers: Edward Snowden documents
    Electronic snooping was part of a trial run for U.S. NSA and other foreign services

By Greg Weston, Glenn Greenwald, Ryan Gallager, CBC News Posted: Jan 30, 2014 8:59 PM ET| Last Updated: Jan 30, 2014 8:59 PM ET
    CSEC used airport Wi-Fi to track Canadian travellers: Edward Snowden documents - Politics - CBC News
    sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    01-30-14 08:10 PM
    "This is a smart phone support Bluetooth feature and design to running BlackBerry OS 10.2"...

And so it begins. ;-)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-30-14 09:44 PM
    BBM for Android Gingerbread 2.3.3+ Leaks Out http://www.berryreview.com/2014/01/3...3-3-leaks-out/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    01-30-14 10:05 PM
    BlackBerry Launches New ?Community? BB10 App Combining All Their Sites http://www.berryreview.com/2014/01/3...l-their-sites/

I tried it and found it pretty cool.
    Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy, rarsen and plasmid_boy like this.
    01-30-14 10:08 PM
    Here's to you Superfly_FR. 60000 posts on your great thread! Cheers

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sly2.jpg
    dusdal, Mr BBRY, erbby and 16 others like this.
    01-31-14 12:21 AM
    Did anyone see the march 22/14 $10 strike option?? can anyone make sense of this huge volume :/
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-march-22.png  
    01-31-14 01:01 AM
    Did anyone see the march 22/14 $10 strike option?? can anyone make sense of this huge volume :/
    It'll be a week before the next earnings report, which will be Chen's first quarter as CEO and give the first indication of how he's handling the turnaround.

The $10 price point is relevant to the debenture buyback, which is why we'll likely trade sideways around $10 for quite a while unless there's some significant good news that can't be spun into something negative.

If BBRY hasn't given any negative guidance a week before the ER (coinciding with the Mar 22nd deadline) then the stock should move upwards in anticipation of a decent quarter for Chen and BBRY. The first revenues from the BES10 roll out will finally be registered as part of their revenue stream going forwards, which should throw some new variables into how the market models BBRY's future.

This may lead to a significant market correction upwards followed by a rally and a final short panic.
    01-31-14 06:45 AM
    More branding

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20140131-055026.png

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    rarsen, morganplus8, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    01-31-14 06:52 AM
113,256 ... 23982399240024012402 ...