View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hi all:

Here are my updated BBRY charts. We have had 3 climbs, and each one is followed with a resting period. I think, we have formed the third resting period for the past 4 trading days. This appears to show a possible falling wedge pattern, which is, usually, bullish. As volume decreases, and the downtrend power decreases as well in this pattern. The wedge appears to end around February 6 (next Thursday). We'll see, whether this pattern is confirmed. It is confirmed, when it goes above $10.87. First, I believe, the SP needs to close above $10.60 in the next few trading days.

The support in the falling wedge pattern is around $9.25.

An interesting item to show is MA50 is about to cross MA100. The last time that MA50 crossed MA100, and followed with crossing MA200 was in late 2012 going into 2013. The SP reached $18 then.

Daily (longer time frame):
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-long.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-dailyscreen-shot-2014-01-29-8.27.09-pm.jpg

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry30.jpg
    zyben, Corbu, bungaboy and 16 others like this.
    01-29-14 07:52 PM
    Squirrel

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-29-14 08:15 PM
    So to a contributing and active member of the forums you have to be a *ick? I know what I'm looking for just a little more consensus. I wonder where you would be without information to help you - far from it of you profiting and yet participating in this thread and gaining I formation huh? Hmm.

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    Perhaps you might start your own thread and then you can make up any rules you like?

As for this thread is seems to be functioning quite well.
    sidhuk and OMGitworks like this.
    01-29-14 08:26 PM
    OK, I think BlackBerry travel just told me to f-off. On my 3rd terminal and 5th gate change today.

What an awesome app. I'm finding out about the gate changes before the information makes its way on the board. Insane good.

BlackBerry....for those that do......and get stuck at airports

CB10'n it via da Z
    01-29-14 08:32 PM
    Squirrel

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    Mole?
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    01-29-14 08:45 PM
    A little love for our friends from "La Belle Province"
    (and on topic lol)

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-29-14 08:45 PM
    Good BlackBerry write up from The Telegraph in the UK. It's a week old so aplogise if it has been posted.
    Key take-away:

Rising share prices indicate BlackBerry may have a brighter future than many feared - has it outwitted the commoditisation of the mobile phone?

While the sense of optimism is inescapable, it stems, perhaps, from the fact that BlackBerry seems to understand that it is not all about hardware. If it can make money from its secure messaging platform, BBM, and from its server products, it may become as indispensable to some businesses as ever it was. And it will not need to bother with the costly gamble of making increasingly commoditised hardware.
    BlackBerry: can it rise again? - Telegraph
    bungaboy, zyben, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    01-29-14 08:53 PM
    A little love for our friends from "La Belle Province"
    (and on topic lol)

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    The english Canuck version.

Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    01-29-14 09:01 PM
    Ya know when CrackBerry Kevin said he was taking out the Troll Trash in 2014?

Well look at what they found at the bottom of the bin.

sidhuk likes this.
    01-29-14 09:05 PM

Lol...that's an oldie, sad part is I remember this haha

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-29-14 09:13 PM

WTF bro. That's not very civil.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-29-14 09:48 PM
    Probably continue with Tizen. Considering how long they've been working at it, they might as well see it through at this point. They could also be waiting to see how well Jolla Sailfish is accepted.

Posted via CB10
    I've been giving this a lot of thought.

Developing a platform means spending hundred(s) of millions of dollars each quarter on development costs (R&D) alone. When (if) they announce a Tizen phone you can at least double that amount to add costs for Marketing and Sales.

I can't see them going for this approach. They would be overspending for no good reason (?) as the threat of Google going at it alone as a hardware provider is gone now. They're the absolute leader when it comes to Android devices. Why introduce Tizen at this stage? To confuse consumers, possibly introduce an inferior platform, overspend on development and marketing costs to upset investors...?

I think 2014 will become a very interesting year for the smartphone industry. These are some of my predictions

1. Google and Samsung will settle with the Rockstar consortium
    2. Samsung will discontinue Tizen development

2015 prediction:

1. Microsoft will realize their strategy for the smartphone industry has failed and look for 'strategic alternatives'

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 03:41 AM
    Can't help but think Lenovo buying IBM's low-end server business + Motorola is a reaction to Foxconn teaming up with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    01-30-14 04:44 AM
    Can't help but think Lenovo buying IBM's low-end server business + Motorola is a reaction to Foxconn teaming up with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Doubt it. That's too much to happen in too short a period to be any sort of reaction. Lenovo's been looking to expand for quite some time now

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ and OMGitworks like this.
    01-30-14 07:04 AM

Developing a platform means spending hundred(s) of millions of dollars each quarter on development costs (R&D) alone. When (if) they announce a Tizen phone you can at least double that amount to add costs for Marketing and Sales.

I can't see them going for this approach. They would be overspending for no good reason (?) as the threat of Google going at it alone as a hardware provider is gone now. They're the absolute leader when it comes to Android devices. Why introduce Tizen at this stage? To confuse consumers, possibly introduce an inferior platform, overspend on development and marketing costs to upset investors...?

I think 2014 will become a very interesting year for the smartphone industry. These are some of my predictions

2015 prediction:

1. Microsoft will realize their strategy for the smartphone industry has failed and look for 'strategic alternatives'

Posted via CB10
    I feel like I'm talking to myself.. but the reason why I think the current Microsoft strategy will fail is the following:

In 2013, Microsoft took over the Nokia business that was producing their WP7/8 smartphones. At this point in time, it made sense, since it seemed Google was also evolving towards the Apple and BlackBerry model of manufacturing smartphones alongside an in-house built OS (by buying Motorola).

However, now that Motorola has been sold to Lenovo, power seems to be shifting towards hardware players like Samsung, Lenovo... and Foxconn. Now, I'm assuming that Samsung will stop developing Tizen. And it could be that Lenovo will also produce WP8 smartphones. But even if that were the case, I can't see Microsoft competing with Lenovo on hardware. It would mean Microsoft would follow a similar path as Google and sell their hardware business. But even that I can't see happening, as WP8 is not *that* popular among OEMs.

And fortunately, Microsoft isn't Apple (selling high-margin devices).

So, if you ask me, keep your eyes on Samsung/Lenovo/Foxconn/Apple (no particular order) in 2014/2015!
    01-30-14 07:33 AM
    Doubt it. That's too much to happen in too short a period to be any sort of reaction. Lenovo's been looking to expand for quite some time now

Posted via CB10
    True, maybe it was BlackBerry anticipating. Lenovo expressed interest in buying BlackBerry.. and we did hear rumours about Lenovo buying IBM's server business before. I'm glad they teamed up with Foxconn before Lenovo stepped in.. I would have been much more worried otherwise.
    01-30-14 09:01 AM

2015 prediction:

Posted via CB10
    It will take stubborn Microsoft that much time to wake up to the fact it is to little too late for WP. Let's hope they waste a lot of time and money.

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_ likes this.
    01-30-14 09:39 AM
    From the perspective of an investor, I think that Blackberry should have waited to launch BB10 until 10.2.1 was ready. BB was already tarnished in the eyes of consumers and it made no sense to release a phone to a hostile consumer without the phone being ready for the big stage. It was also missing legacy features at launch that have since been mostly rectified. I think they would have been able to release the phones by last fall with 10.2.1. Also, the Keep Moving advertising campaign would have been a lot more effective with the toast notification feature.
    01-30-14 10:13 AM
    On the recurring general theme of security for credit card and personal handhelds:
    Visa CEO: We need better security, EMV chips, tokens | ZDNet
    http://www.zdnet.com/many-times-bitt...wn-7000025623/

Quick joke: In the past spies would transmit information by carrier pigeon, today they use Angry Birds...
    zyben, sidhuk, cjcampbell and 7 others like this.
    01-30-14 10:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think you have the tail and the dog confused and I seriously doubt this is the rare exception. This deal would have had been in the works, I suspect since about the time Lenovo was mentioned as a BBRY takeover suitor. I am glad to see BBRY stock rise and some positive news lately, but they still have along way to go and I seriously doubt Lenovo is doing anything to counteract anything BBRY does.
    Corbu likes this.
    01-30-14 10:31 AM
    I read an article yesterday that said Foxconn was looking at opening manufacturing facilities in North America. Does anyone believe this might have something to do with Blackberry and security issues?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:39 AM
    Happy Birthday BB10, but WTF are you?

A work in progress. Sometimes I whip out my BB10 device toss some apps around put it in my pocket and think: Damn, what the hell was that? It�s remarkable how simple every interaction with the device is. One handed use is amazingly built throughout the critical areas of navigation; it�s brilliant how efficient BlackBerry and their teams have worked the UI.

It feels entirely new, and yet inherently familiar. Blending the best of most current mobile OS into a patchwork platform crafted on the rock solid QNX kernel. Yet, BlackBerry 10 is a questionable name for your next generation OS. Licensing BBX would have been pretty easy. Instead, for BlackBerry it was merely a jump from 7-10 numerically. In the end, it really comes down to smart branding. Whatever �failures� BlackBerry 10 must endure in the public mindset are worth the time it buys them to flesh out and build the platform. Most operating system builds take upwards of 3 years. They launched BB10 in 2 (and have put a years worth of development atop that)

They purchased QNX in 2010, pumped out PlayBook OS in 2011 (QNX 6.5.x), and forged ahead 2 years building �BB10″ (QNX 8.0) their jump from BBOS 7 into the future (and a leap it was). But still that gives BB10 nearly 3 years in development as we know it today what Heins and crew were able to accomplish in short time for market is damn impressive and when you consider the atmospheres from behind the scene work in Building 44 at Google; to Steve Jobs� fuming lack of product development on iPhone in 2006 (building a truly great operating system is no easy task). Yet Samsung, LG, FireFox, HTC, Huwaei and others are all working on their own�

BlackBerry 10 is a work in progress. The OS is very much contained at this point. Working on the base and the mechanics of the OS interaction with the hardware is far more important than carefully crafted UI design tricks up front. But really if you�re interest in that you should check out what�s happening over in Finland from Jolla with their SailFish OS, don�t drool on your lap.

Word on da street, is that QNX was building a new kernel dubbed QNX 10 whether this will be used as a new base for �BB10″ in the future, or used for automotive and other QNX complementary verticals, like QNX Cloud is unknown. What we do know, and what the competition should really fear, is that BlackBerry has knocked out 3 tremendous OS updates across its nascent first year in the hands of the market.

The rate at which BlackBerry 10 the platform has been growing is great, but I hardly believe as an asset they will limit QNX to merely a handheld device. That is where the future lies for BlackBerry. BlackBerry 10 is merely derivative in this sense. From scratch-built for mobile, one wonders whether we�ll see features like �Showcase� mode from the PlayBook unlocked on a future release of BB10. With the recent 10.2.1 release we all see the platform at a much better place than at launch, and the core is much stronger.

Happy Birthday #BlackBerry10 we can�t wait to see you grow, evolve and transform in the years to come.

Happy Birthday BB10, but WTF are you? |
    sidhuk, Corbu, rarsen and 9 others like this.
    01-30-14 10:42 AM
    Thanks for the link. Mickiewicza written article. What's. More important us that this is how I feel each time I use my Z30.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    01-30-14 11:40 AM
    Lol, sorry for the mistakes.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    01-30-14 11:41 AM
    I'm in and out (off the internet while I finish some papers) but it seems lenovo is going to buy Motorola for $2 billion - $10 billion loss for Google... ouch.
    Thanks for the news.

Well, it is official, I no longer support Think pad, nor anything Lenovo, as it now more than ever in direct competition with our Berry.

I'd still like to see BlackBerry and Acer pair up somehow. I doubt Acer is very happy with being attached at the hip with MS.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-30-14 12:09 PM
113,256 ... 23972398239924002401 ...