View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lol the music playing after disconnecting from bluetooth have caused many embarrassing situations for me.
    LoL, I know. I started using music player Neutron. little buggy but have settings which can delay screen lock if being charged and have a hand wave settings through the motion sensor for Play-Pause-forward-rewind. wave hand to pause before turn off the car. the problem is that this player have too many bells and whistles that it is learning curve to learn.
    Iphone had the same issue not to long ago but they tweaked it. if blackberry want to be successful in the consumer arena they have to bake these kind features in the os for the mass consumers.throw in few cheap but presentable models out there along with some high ends latest show off kind of model.
    the only way I am upgrading from this z30 if blackberry comes with a keyboard Model with bigger and better screen, perhaps with trackpad. because with trackpad, I dont have to move my thumb for reaching large screen, it can stay on the Button. LoL.
    01-29-14 12:21 PM
    OT: Just for fun... Love this thread title:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9925498
    01-29-14 12:58 PM
    I am not sure why blackberry wont advertize these features? i was looking for wireless charging capabilities in Z30 and just found out that it does support it. now, is it Verizon only? or every z30 has it?
    Video shows off wireless charging capabilities of the BlackBerry Z30 – NerdBerry
    zyben, bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    01-29-14 01:33 PM
    OT: Just for fun... Love this thread title:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9925498
    Nice and I have great laughter.

I copied-pasted some funny lines just to entertain:

Blackberry support PROMISED me there would be no more freezing. But, I look outside this morning - there's still snow!!!! Thoroughly disappointed!!
    Mine still won't make coffee for me. I thought this update would change that. Sigh.
    Yeah it hasn't fixed my broken heart either.
    No coffee, no espresso, no martini. Unbelievable - they call this a smartphone?
    Why can't I get scrambled eggs with 10.2.1? BlackBerry can't ever become #1 again if it only makes sunny side up eggs, and I still don't agree with their decision to put the carriers in charge of toast instead of doing it themselves.
    If the marriage slows down and becomes unresponsive, do a security wipe and reload and it will be fast again. It will eventually settle down and over time you will have to repeat the process.
    Damn - it won't feed all the hungry children like the iPhone does either
    rarsen, Corbu, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    01-29-14 01:38 PM
    I am not sure why blackberry wont advertize these features? i was looking for wireless charging capabilities in Z30 and just found out that it does support it. now, is it Verizon only? or every z30 has it?
    Video shows off wireless charging capabilities of the BlackBerry Z30 – NerdBerry
    Verizon version only

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-29-14 01:39 PM
    Nice and I have great laughter.

I copied-pasted some funny lines just to entertain:

Blackberry support PROMISED me there would be no more freezing. But, I look outside this morning - there's still snow!!!! Thoroughly disappointed!!
    Mine still won't make coffee for me. I thought this update would change that. Sigh.
    Yeah it hasn't fixed my broken heart either.
    No coffee, no espresso, no martini. Unbelievable - they call this a smartphone?
    Why can't I get scrambled eggs with 10.2.1? BlackBerry can't ever become #1 again if it only makes sunny side up eggs, and I still don't agree with their decision to put the carriers in charge of toast instead of doing it themselves.
    If the marriage slows down and becomes unresponsive, do a security wipe and reload and it will be fast again. It will eventually settle down and over time you will have to repeat the process.
    Damn - it won't feed all the hungry children like the iPhone does either
    How about this?
    "Airplane mode still doesn't work, my phone stays a phone whenever I turn it on."

OK, I'll stop here...
    01-29-14 01:57 PM
    That what I do and recommend.
    Could we choose to use appropriate threads for troubleshooting and use this thread for investment related conversation please?

PS: so many references to names (first names; aka George) without reference, and instead to links of articles. Very frustrating for those of us new to investing and where articles linked have yet other links to others links to show relevance to the person named. I'd rather not have to open several links in my browser to get a basic understanding of what so.eo.e is taking about in their post (this thread). Help a guy out please?

Thanks.

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-29-14 03:17 PM
    I'm in and out (off the internet while I finish some papers) but it seems lenovo is going to buy Motorola for $2 billion - $10 billion loss for Google... ouch.
    01-29-14 03:18 PM
    Btw, BB:CAD is at $11.11 currently in the green.

01-29-14 03:18 PM
    Btw, BB:CAD is at $11.11 currently in the green.

It finished at 11.12 but that's red, unless you're talking about your personal gain.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 03:30 PM
    Could we choose to use appropriate threads for troubleshooting and use this thread for investment related conversation please?

PS: so many references to names (first names; aka George) without reference, and instead to links of articles. Very frustrating for those of us new to investing and where articles linked have yet other links to others links to show relevance to the person named. I'd rather not have to open several links in my browser to get a basic understanding of what so.eo.e is taking about in their post (this thread). Help a guy out please?

Thanks.

Well the long answer is . . . No. Sorry, that might not be what you are looking for.
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    01-29-14 03:51 PM
    Lenovo is buying Motorola from Google: http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/29/len...y-from-google/

It will buy it for $3 billion--Google bought it for $12.5 billion.

Let's go BBRY! Pretty good close today. I will post a chart tonight.
    01-29-14 04:02 PM
    Lenovo is buying Motorola from Google: Lenovo To Buy Motorola Mobility From Google For About $3B | TechCrunch

Now that was a quick turnover.
    01-29-14 04:03 PM
    For anyone who uses RBC, they have updated their app to allow access to your investment side so you can now trade while mobile without having to use the browser. It doesn't, however, have the convenience of the trading dashboard, but it's still a welcome addition.
    01-29-14 04:04 PM
    01-29-14 04:04 PM
    OT kindof. Just got a z30, anybody know of am easy of transferring across contacts apps etc???

Can I just restore a backup of Z10 to the Z30, would that work. I remember a lot of you got Z30, how did you do it?

Posted via CB10
    Hi Komoto:

I went from 9900 to Z30 smoothly. I am pretty sure Z10 to Z30 wouldn't be a problem. Just use the device switch function in Blackberry Link.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-29-14 04:05 PM
    Lenovo is buying Motorola from Google: Lenovo To Buy Motorola Mobility From Google For $2.91 Billion | TechCrunch

Google sold the set top box unit from Motorola to Arris for $2.4 billion and keeps the 17,000+ patents.
    01-29-14 04:17 PM
    HA!! Asshats - this Proves the expensive purchase of Motorola Mobility was simply NOT worth the expense to benefit ratio to Google.

Google is selling its Motorola Mobility division to Lenovo for $2.91 billion, according to a report from China Daily. Google acquired the company and its then 17,000-strong patent portfolio, along with 7,500 filed patents, in August of 2011 for roughly $12.5 billion.

At the time, Google said Motorola was a "natural fit" for the two companies and that it would "supercharge the entire Android ecosystem". The deal is said to include 10,000 of Motorola Mobility's patents, although it is likely that Google will retain licenses for those patents.
    Looking like all other mobile device manufacturers should have better pricing of stocks along with better patent court wars in favor of the Apple, BlackBerry consortium.

01-29-14 04:18 PM
    ^ Google keeps the 17,000+ patents BTW.

Did Motorola Mobility Only Cost Google $1.5 Billion?

We know what the headline number that Google paid for Motorola Mobility was: that’s $12.5 billion. But it’s possible for us to dig a little deeper and see what the real net cost is as well. And that net cost might have been as low as $1.5 billion, which is a pretty good price for the stash of patents that we all think they were really after.

The first deduction we should make is to the set top business that they’ve just sold to Arris:

Google has sold Motorola Mobility’s set-top box business to Arris Group for $2.35bn in cash and stock, in a deal that will go through next year.

The internet giant is offloading Motorola Home and getting a 15.7 per cent or so stake in broadband technology firm Arris plus $2.05bn in cash at the same time, Moto announced.

OK, so that’s some money back. But it’s most certainly not brought that purchase price down to $1.5 billion. The other thing we need to look at is the accumulated tax losses at Motorola Mobility. These were worth nothing to Motorola, because it wasn’t making profits to offset against such losses. But as we know, Google makes a fortune so any tax losses come straight off their own tax bill and are thus valuable to the company:

“The tax benefits of the deal make what was a good deal into a great deal,” said Robert Willens, a New York accounting and tax expert. He estimated that through the acquisition, Google can expect to reap $700m a year in tax deductions from future profits each year through 2019. Google also will be able to immediately reduce its taxes by $1bn due to Motorola Mobility’s US net operating loss, and by a further $700m due to its foreign operating loss, he said.

Tot those tax losses up, add the income from Arris, subtract from the original headline price and it does indeed look like Google only paid a net price of $1.5 billion for Motorola Mobility.

Which is a pretty good deal when you come to calculate it all out.
    Did Motorola Mobility Only Cost Google $1.5 Billion? - Forbes
    rarsen and JLagoon like this.
    01-29-14 04:25 PM
    Hmm not sure I believe all of those tax accounting assumptions. Also Google took the operating losses for the last few years. Another issue is what the actual cash flow was. If Google paid cash initially and if moto was cash flow negative, then it was a real problem.

Looks like Lenovo might have been smart to avoid bbry if it can get the moto assets this cheap though.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 05:02 PM
    So what will Samsung's strategy be going forward? All-in on Android or continue Tizen development?

I think they might ditch it.
    01-29-14 05:47 PM
    So what will Samsung's strategy be going forward? All-in on Android or continue Tizen development?

I think they might ditch it.
    Probably continue with Tizen. Considering how long they've been working at it, they might as well see it through at this point. They could also be waiting to see how well Jolla Sailfish is accepted.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 05:50 PM
    This is very stupid calculation. According to his logic, then Google should keep this division and make it lose $100 billion so Google will get $40 billions tax write-off and make 38.9 billion profit from buying Motorola Moibility.
    tatail likes this.
    01-29-14 05:51 PM
    Well the long answer is . . . No. Sorry, that might not be what you are looking for.
    So to a contributing and active member of the forums you have to be a *ick? I know what I'm looking for just a little more consensus. I wonder where you would be without information to help you - far from it of you profiting and yet participating in this thread and gaining I formation huh? Hmm.

01-29-14 07:18 PM
    Stuck in Atlanta airport in that epic mess. Thank god for BlackBerry travel, hub with all the channels of communication and the spare battery I just plop when I burned through the first one. All the iPhone folks at the charging stations making me giggle.

Hoping for one last chance to get out of here tonight or maybe I will be forced to blog from the terminal as I spend the night here.

Can hardly wait to get home so I can upgrade to 10.2.1. Spent the past 2 days reading all the cool things on t update and have had the darn update notification just sitting there.

Cheers all

CB10'n it via da Z
    01-29-14 07:34 PM
113,256 ... 23962397239823992400 ...