View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    "Resistance is futile" its our turn to profit

PS just got the update, honestly....not impressed. Everything is laggy and slow now and my emails arn't even showing up now. Only one they show are from months ago
    I have been running the leak since it was available. This is a great upgrade. Give the phone time to resync and settle in. Like Shane said up to 48 hours before things settle down.

And do the re-boot like sidhuk suggested.
    01-28-14 12:00 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140128_100626.png

So this is what all the hot air was over? Don't understand that at all lol.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    sidhuk, georg4BB, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    01-28-14 12:01 PM
    I'm going to go out in a limb and say that I think the 'Jakarta' sales are going to surprise people. The app gap is gone, and the OS is far more mature now. The BlackBerry is Dead stuff is also dying. If the price and quality of the device are right, I think BlackBerry are right back in the consumer device biz faster than people think. We just need to wait on the bozos in the shops to stop blocking BlackBerry phone sales on purpose...

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 12:04 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140128_100626.png 
Views:	755 
Size:	291.3 KB 
ID:	242756

So this is what all the hot air was over? Don't understand that at all lol.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    It was a big deal from the media that these apps not available. Now they are but no mention of android apps availability.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy, zyben and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-28-14 12:05 PM
    Thanks for help everyone! I just ended up reinstalling whatsapp that fixed the problem. Just waiting for my FB to sync again i hate having the notification on the side bar showing 1 but can't find the message I didn't read -_-

THANKS GENTS
    01-28-14 12:08 PM
    +1 to that. Don't expect full performance immediately, and expect a faster battery drain for a day or so. I don't even really plan to look at mine today, now that I've updated, other than the poke through the settings that I just did. Probably tonight I'll power off and pull the battery, then restart and expect everything to be back to normal.
    Hey Peter ! We missed you !!! Happy new year
    01-28-14 12:24 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1544978_574078672677501_379545933_n.png

BBM for Gingerbread.. isn't there 50 million+ users running that OS?
    bungaboy, Corbu, dusdal and 6 others like this.
    01-28-14 12:29 PM
    Thanks for help everyone! I just ended up reinstalling whatsapp that fixed the problem. Just waiting for my FB to sync again i hate having the notification on the side bar showing 1 but can't find the message I didn't read -_-

THANKS GENTS
    Glad it's working better for you now. As for your FB message, go to your lock screen, tap the FB symbol to preview, tap the message, then tap open. Those lock screen messages are now actionable
    01-28-14 12:29 PM
    Just figured that out too cj haha...a lot to play with and get use to now

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 12:41 PM
    Turn your attention to the BBRY chart, the 200-dma is at $ 10.08/shr and the high for the stock price this morning is .................. $ 10.08/shr!! We just need to close above this price and we have a very bullish chart pattern setting up without even trying to close that gap below $ 9.50/shr. So all eyes on $ 10.08/shr today!!

As for AAPL, glad I don't own it, I can't use their phone as it is today and therefore I can't buy the stock.
    10.05 +0.30 (3.08%) looks like we are having a hard time staying above that number
    01-28-14 01:03 PM
    Interesting, on the CNBC interview with Sculley, they were discussing how mobile payments will be a huge thing.

I agree! BBM Money, where is it, this could be huge. Any chance of it going cross platform?

Idea off the top of my head, for security make it operate similar to BES, all data for payments transferred through NOC, people either card companies or consumers pay a monthly fee for this access?

Like a BES account. Make it cross platform, link with BBM.

Profit?

Posted via CB10
    Now, think #QNX in the cloud ... idea ?
    01-28-14 01:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    I like to put it in vibrate mode and carry it in my pants' pocket. LoL
    01-28-14 01:16 PM
    Now, think #QNX in the cloud ... idea ?
    I'm curious to see where this will go.

Wouldn't you expect they 'already' have a plan regarding mobile payments? It has been quite a few years now since they started their beta program in Indonesia with BBM Money.. looking back, it might never see a global roll-out due to the support they'd need from banks(?). Now Apple is starting to create buzz, and BlackBerry (I'm sure with tons of experience, including important approvals depending on the direction it'll go. For example, with regards to NFC: BlackBerry Maker Gets Visa Approval on NFC Mobile-Payment Solution) seems to be holding off. Are stores, banks,... slow at catching up with technology? Is BlackBerry waiting for a company like Apple to set the tone for everyone involved?
    01-28-14 01:37 PM
    I like to put it in vibrate mode and carry it in my pants' pocket. LoL
    I forgot to add . . . you can call yourself from a land line too. LoL
    01-28-14 01:40 PM
    Hope we trade side ways till the end of the week so i can get in on some options before the next big pop
    01-28-14 02:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    About 24 hours in for me. LOVE the new drop down menu from the top and hew HUB options and new way to answer the phone/calls. Still figuring it all out. Download was excruciatingly slow over BBLINK with a good desktop and internet connection. Battery drain is an issue but I expect that to settle down over the next few days. Not perfect, but much better than previous BBRY "upgrade" fiasos.

Stock holding its own. Conf call in a few hours to see if the deal I am working on will get funded by the syndicate or not. I am not enthusiastic about it, but have a lot of time/work into due diligence at this point. It's (mostly) their money so....
    01-28-14 02:31 PM
    $10.06, so close to $10.08!
    01-28-14 02:36 PM
    $10.06, so close to $10.08!
    Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Let's wait for our Rubicon time...
    (Google it, you might find a CrackBerry.com thread with a familiar contributor )

Posted via CB10
    Bilaal, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-28-14 02:49 PM
    Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Let's wait for our Rubicon time...
    (Google it, you might find a CrackBerry.com thread with a familiar contributor )

Posted via CB10
    Literally took 10 seconds to find out what that was, but I'm more amazed to find out it's Wednesday morning :O
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-28-14 02:58 PM
    Superfly, I am not crazy am I? I hope BlackBerry have realised this opportunity.

When I thought about it all I could think was holy ****!

It's doable, what's taking so long?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-28-14 03:04 PM
    Looks like Options are still in control of this thing
    01-28-14 03:10 PM
    Interesting bit of info:

Since Apple hit its peak of $705 back in September 2012, Blackberry shares have outperformed Apple shares by about 67%. Who knew?!?

The relative performance trend of the two stocks is also evident in their current 2014 year-to-date movements, with Blackberry up 35% and Apple down about 10%.
    01-28-14 03:34 PM
    About 24 hours in for me. LOVE the new drop down menu from the top and hew HUB options and new way to answer the phone/calls. Still figuring it all out. Download was excruciatingly slow over BBLINK with a good desktop and internet connection. Battery drain is an issue but I expect that to settle down over the next few days. Not perfect, but much better than previous BBRY "upgrade" fiasos.

Stock holding its own. Conf call in a few hours to see if the deal I am working on will get funded by the syndicate or not. I am not enthusiastic about it, but have a lot of time/work into due diligence at this point. It's (mostly) their money so....
    Good luck!
    sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-28-14 04:01 PM
    Literally took 10 seconds to find out what that was, but I'm more amazed to find out it's Wednesday morning :O
    Ahhhh you remind me of me when I was in my 20's.
    sidhuk, Bilaal and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-28-14 04:02 PM
    Interesting bit of info:
    Sure, but pretty much on any given day the change in the price of Apple, is equivalent to the price of BBRY, lol.
    The drop in the price of Apple today, could buy out BBRY 4 times over and still have extra left. (This is of course assuming the share value at this point, which isn't actually possible since institutional holders aren't going to be selling at this price.)

Still interesting to note Apple stocks dropped $44 today. BBRY is only at $10 today.
    rarsen likes this.
    01-28-14 04:33 PM
113,250 ... 23932394239523962397 ...