View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    My attitude towards blackberry stock hasn't changed much at all since the beginning of this thread. I saw no reason to buy it then, and I don't see any reason to buy it as of now. I enjoy reading commentary from the street, however I invest on my own principles and what makes sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    My point was that what you feel regarding a stock should include heeding what the street thinks as well when making an investing decision. Not 100%, mind you, but I have learned that it shouldn't simply be disregarded.
    fedakd, Corbu, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    01-27-14 10:45 PM
    So, another good one from our main-man George:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1970...l?source=yahoo

Can't seem to click on page 2 of seeking alpha website articles with my Z10 browser due to 'site registry pop-up'. Anybody have a remedy for this?

Miss getting my dose of this thread, but been swamped lately.

Sent from my ? BlackBerry Z10.
    _dimi_, rarsen, Randeman and 2 others like this.
    01-28-14 12:48 AM
    Hi guys!
    Bought some shares right now because I believe in BlackBerry and most of all I LOVE THEIR PHONES. I'm using a Z10 at the moment but wanna switch to Z30 in the future.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 01:49 AM
    LMAO, this is Mr. Morgan's theme song no doubt.

Every stock he touches he makes $
    01-28-14 02:57 AM
    Well, it's official. Let's 10.2.1 !

New BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 Lets You Do More, More Easily

Update includes hundreds of new enhancements and refinements and is rolling out to customers through carriers around the world beginning today

Waterloo, Ontario – BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced BlackBerry� 10 OS version 10.2.1, a new software update for BlackBerry 10 smartphones that lets you do more, more easily, and helps you be more productive and stay better connected.
    BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 includes hundreds of new enhancements and refinements that will make the things you do every day faster and easier:

• Customize Pinch Gesture to Filter BlackBerry� Hub - BlackBerry Hub lets you access all your messages and notifications in one place. A new feature lets you instantly filter the message list in the Hub. You can customize the Hub to show only Unread Messages, Flagged Messages, Draft Messages, Meeting Invites, Sent Messages or Level 1 Alerts. Once the filter criterion is set, you can simply activate it with a pinch gesture on the Hub’s message list.

• Simplified Phone Experience - The phone includes a new incoming call screen that lets you swipe to the left to answer or swipe right to ignore a call. New intuitive icons allow you to instantly silence the call, or send a Reply Now response through BBM™, SMS or email that you can’t answer the phone right away. You can choose from a list of standard automated responses or respond with a personalized note.

• SMS and Email Groups - You can now create SMS and email groups for more efficient broadcast communications.

• Actionable Lock Screen Notifications - You can now “Tap to open” a message that appears on the lock screen, letting you respond to an important message much quicker or to check messages more discreetly.

• Picture Password for Quick Unlocking - You can quickly unlock your phone using a combination of a picture and a number (0-9) of your choice, which you place at a particular point on the image. When you try to unlock the phone, the picture will appear along with a grid of random numbers. To unlock, simply drag the grid so the number you selected overlays the particular point on the image.

• Customizable Quick Settings Menu - You can now customize what appears on the Settings menu, which includes features such as being able to quickly change the Brightness of the smartphone’s display, toggle various network connections, and access the built-in flashlight. The Settings menu also includes a toggle that lets you instantly switch between your Personal and Work perimeter.

• Offline Browser Reading Mode - You can now save the current web page you’re on for later viewing, even if you are offline or without an Internet connection.

• Preferred Contact Sync - You can now choose the sync source for your Contacts ensuring you always have the most up-to-date contact details. When adding a new contact you can designate which sources you want the contact info to sync with, such as the corporate address book, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.

• Device and Battery Monitor - A new and improved device monitor provides you with essential details on battery usage, the impact of installed apps on battery life and memory usage and storage, as well as CPU stats.

• Automatic Software Updates - OS updates can be set to happen automatically over a Wi-Fi� connection to help ensure you’re always benefiting from the latest and best possible customer experience.

• Enterprise Features - When combined with BES10 version 10.2, enterprise customers will gain additional security features and IT policies for when more granular controls are required, such as for regulated industries and for organizations that work with sensitive data. For more information about BES10, please visit www.bes10.com.

• FM Radio - If you have a BlackBerry� Z30, BlackBerry� Q10 or BlackBerry� Q5 smartphone, the new software update unlocks the built-in FM radio in those handsets. You can listen to local FM stations, which does not require any network connection.

Subject to carrier approvals, BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.1 will be available to customers around the world, rolling out starting today in the U.S., Europe, Canada, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America, and will be available for the entire line of smartphones running BlackBerry 10 (including the Porsche Design P’9982).
    01-28-14 07:10 AM
    Just started the restart process...
    01-28-14 07:17 AM
    Got my update notification this morning. Can't install until this afternoon. Can't wait!!!
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-28-14 07:20 AM
    Just started the restart process...
    I'm in the unlucky camp as of date ... want to be official (V.S leak) again !
    #canWait
    01-28-14 07:27 AM
    Rather OT but why do only some stocks show extended hours prices on the stocks app.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140128_053727.png

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    01-28-14 07:38 AM
    Whooohoooo.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000905.png

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-28-14 07:44 AM
    Rather OT but why do only some stocks show extended hours prices on the stocks app.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140128_053727.png 
Views:	809 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	242609

Depends on exchange...only certain exchanges offer after hours trading.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-28-14 07:46 AM
    Wow, you use a big font size.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:47 AM
    Getting old sucks bud...lol. supposed to wear readers but dont.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-28-14 07:54 AM
    Getting old sucks bud...lol. supposed to wear readers but dont.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    Yup. And, then there is also gravity to deal with! LoL
    01-28-14 08:06 AM
    Happy to see 10.2.1.XXXX here officially I think we trade side ways for awhile tho
    01-28-14 08:06 AM
    Depends on exchange...only certain exchanges offer after hours trading.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    I'm about 98% sure aapl has extended hours trading and yet the app doesn't show it.

01-28-14 08:07 AM
    Golden Nuggets, eh? Is that what George Orwell called the new iPhones and Androids?

And thanks to the rate of smartphone adoption, more and more data each year is flowing from out devices and up for grabs; just by updating Android software, the documents revealed, a user uploads nearly 500 lines of collectable data onto the network. While it is unclear the scope of data collection using smartphone apps, it is believed that apps introduced earlier to smartphones have proved more fruitful to the spy agencies. This led one NSA analyst to label a 2010 slide, "Golden Nugget!", in reference to iPhones and Android devices as prime data resources.
    sidhuk, Randeman and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-28-14 08:15 AM
    Another good news !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    01-28-14 08:16 AM
    Well, it's official. Let's 10.2.1 !
    Interesting to me not a single mention about the ability to directly load Android applications, perhaps the most compelling aspect of the update. Wonder why they refuse to even mention it but solely leave it for whispers and blogs like this one?
    01-28-14 08:16 AM
    I'm about 98% sure aapl has extended hours trading and yet the app doesn't show it.

Not sure...try toggling to Google as the search engine, (search > top left toggle) that's what mine is set to and is showing it :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000907.png

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    austriker likes this.
    01-28-14 08:19 AM
    And wholly short sell bliss on AAPL...lets see how big money props this up at open.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    01-28-14 08:24 AM
    Oh, now paint me like a victim when I was actually pimping for NSA!

Apple to Google Win Battle to Disclose Requests for Users' Data

Bloomberg

January 28, 2014 1:02 AM GMT

Jan. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Technology companies including Google Inc. and Apple Inc. won U.S. permission to disclose more about government orders for customer data, a step they sought to fortify their reputations after revelations about their role in U.S. spying.

Companies including Apple, which was the first to report details allowed under the agreement with the Justice Department announced today, are allowed to say broadly how many accounts are covered by government requests and whether the content of users' communications was sought.

Daniel Castro, an analyst with the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation in Washington, said the accord will provide only limited help to companies seeking to contain a global backlash that he has said could cost the U.S. economy $22 billion to $35 billion over the next three years.

“It doesn't clear up the fear, doubt and uncertainty that is hurting the ability of U.S. companies to sell their products and services abroad,” Castro said in an e-mail.

Companies, wanting to show that they safeguard privacy and carefully vet government requests, had made their case to senior U.S. officials including President Barack Obama. They said their reputations and future profits were put at risk by former government contractor Edward Snowden's revelations that the National Security Agency had access to information about their customers' Internet use.

The agreement allows the companies to publish, for the first time, aggregate numbers of orders under the National Security Agency's so-called Prism program, as well as national security letters seeking information for investigations.

Data Requests

“Communications providers will be permitted to disclose more information than ever before to their customers,” U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, said today in a joint statement.

Under Prism, the NSA gets court warrants to compel Internet companies to turn over online content created by their users. National security letters are administrative subpoenas from the Justice Department for records and don't require court approval.

The companies previously have been prohibited from disclosing any details about the orders, even whether they had received them. Google, Microsoft Corp., Yahoo! Inc., Facebook Inc. and LinkedIn Corp. filed motions with the secret court that oversees spying under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act asking to be able to publish details.

Two Options

In unveiling proposed changes to NSA surveillance programs on Jan. 17, Obama said that his administration would seek to allow the companies to be more transparent, without offering specifics. He announced the creation of a group led by one of his advisers, John Podesta, to review how companies and government are using data.

Under the agreement announced today, companies have two options.

They can publish the number of FISA orders and national security letters every six months in ranges of a thousand, beginning with 0-999.

There's a six-month delay for publishing data on FISA orders, meaning a report published on July 1, 2014, would reflect FISA data for the period ending Dec. 31, 2013.

Under the second option, companies are allowed to group the two types of orders together and report in ranges of 250, beginning with 0-249.

The government will require a two-year delay in publishing data about orders related to a new product or service offered by a company, according to the deal.

Apple Statistics

“We're pleased the Department of Justice has agreed that we and other providers can disclose this information,” the companies said in a joint statement today. “While this is a very positive step, we'll continue to encourage Congress to take additional steps to address all of the reforms we believe are needed.”

Apple, maker of the iPhone and the iPad tablet computer, said total national security orders received by the company between Jan. 1, 2013, and June 30, 2013, were less than 250, as was the number of accounts affected.

The content of customer Internet use was released in only about 3 percent of government requests, according to Apple data.

“Our business does not rely on collecting large amounts of personal data about our customers, which is reflected in the figures we are releasing under the new transparency rules,” said Kristin Huguet, an Apple spokeswoman.

“We look forward to working with the White House working group led by John Podesta, focusing on big data and the future of privacy,” she said. “We believe it's one of the most important issues facing our industry and our society today.”

'Single Battle'

The outlines of today's action were discussed during a meeting between intelligence officials and Justice Department representatives at the White House the night before Obama's Jan. 17 speech, according to a government official briefed on the matter who described the private session on condition of anonymity.

Kevin Bankston, policy director for the Open Technology Institute in Washington, called the deal “a single battle won in a much longer fight.”

“Meaningful transparency means giving companies the ability to publish the specific number of requests they receive for specific types of data under specific legal authorities,” Bankston said in an e-mailed statement.

“Asking the public and policymakers to try and judge the appropriateness of the government's surveillance practices based on a single, combined, rounded number is like asking a doctor to diagnose a patient's shadow: only the grossest and most obvious problem, if even that, will be ever be evident.”
    01-28-14 08:28 AM
    aaaannnnnddd ... we're back 2 digits :
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Randeman and 7 others like this.
    01-28-14 08:54 AM
    aaaannnnnddd ... we're back 2 digits :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1255 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	242662
    Good morning Gang.
    ApL. Money flowing in? Lol

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    01-28-14 09:02 AM
    The battle for 10 dollar calls and puts has started that expires this Friday
    OMGitworks and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-28-14 09:11 AM
113,256 ... 23912392239323942395 ...