Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    From N4BB:
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-plans-eve...-end-february/

BlackBerry’s update process in the first year of BlackBerry 10 wasn’t fantastic for its U.S. customers. Aside from some specific Z10 owners that are on Verizon, the U.S. BB10 consumer base has been stuck with 10.1 officially up until this point. You can mainly blame American wireless carriers for that, but obviously, BlackBerry hasn’t been too happy with how it’s gone either.

Tomorrow, BlackBerry 10.2.1 will officially be launched at 8am EST, and a lot of carriers will have the update available right away including one U.S. carrier, Verizon. Big Red’s Z10 will be getting 10.2.1 tomorrow morning with no limitations on number of users that have access to it, like before. If you’re on AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint though, don’t worry, your update is coming a lot sooner than we expected originally.

According to sources with knowledge of the update, BlackBerry is planning on having every major carrier in the world have a 10.2.1 update available to its customers by the end of February, with most jumping on board within the first couple of weeks. The great news for those of us in the States, is that that plan also includes the four major U.S. carriers.

We’ve been given a few tentative dates for U.S. carrier 10.2.1 releases, but keep in mind these are subject to change. The keyword here is “tentative,” but for now, they seem pretty solid to us.
    Verizon Z10: Starting tomorrow, January 28th, 2014
    Verizon Q10: Tuesday, February 4th, 2014
    Verizon Z30: Monday, February 10th, 2014
    AT&T Z10 & Q10: Monday, February 10th, 2014
    T-Mobile Z10 & Q10: Mid-February (anywhere from Feb 10th to Feb 20th)
    Sprint Q10: End of February

U.S. carriers apparently circumvented 10.2 all together, and were able to get their asses out of their heads for enough time to approve 10.2.1 in a timely fashion. Hopefully these updates go smoothly, and everyone can enjoy 10.2.1, and all the benefits it brings along.
    01-27-14 05:05 PM
    EDIT: I stand corrected.
    01-27-14 05:33 PM
    BB is in Canadian Dollars and BBRY is in american dollars. So the currency exchange you will get more Canadian dollars for your pounds but it all works out to the same because BB trades higher then BBRY because of the currency difference
    Not true. BB traded much higher than currency exchange when it was above $14 end of last year vs BBRY

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    01-27-14 05:34 PM
    Not true. BB traded much higher than currency exchange when it was above $14 end of last year vs BBRY

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    It won't always be exact, but it is relatively close.
    01-27-14 05:41 PM
    The only time you will get a huge discrepancy between the two exchanges is during an event such as last Mondays US holiday or when one or other of the exchanges is closed while the other remains open. The share price is very much in lock step with the exchange rate.
    01-27-14 05:46 PM
    Under the category of 'for entertainment purposes only' I bring you this from The Street:

(Never let it be said that some have it in for BlackBerry)

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Today's Featured Telecommunications Laggard
    By TheStreet Wire 01/27/14 - 05:01 PM EST

BlackBerry (BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry fell $0.14 (-1.4%) to $9.75 on average volume. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Gogo (GOGO), down 9.6%, Envivio (ENVI), down 8.5%, WPCS International (WPCS), down 8.4% and Novatel Wireless (NVTL), down 7.8%.

BBRY Stock | BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Today's Featured Telecommunications Laggard - TheStreet
    01-27-14 05:59 PM
    Under the category of 'for entertainment purposes only' I bring you this from The Street:

(Never let it be said that some have it in for BlackBerry)

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Today's Featured Telecommunications Laggard
    By TheStreet Wire 01/27/14 - 05:01 PM EST

BlackBerry (BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry fell $0.14 (-1.4%) to $9.75 on average volume. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Gogo (GOGO), down 9.6%, Envivio (ENVI), down 8.5%, WPCS International (WPCS), down 8.4% and Novatel Wireless (NVTL), down 7.8%.

BBRY Stock | BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): Today's Featured Telecommunications Laggard - TheStreet
    Those guys are dishonest to the point of being (almost) funny.

And their act is getting slightly old, if you ask me.
    01-27-14 06:05 PM
    Since we are talking "entertainment" with those clowns from The Street, anyone seen Jack Ryan:Shadow Recruit and noticed the fairly prominently displayed P9981 lately? The "bad guy" uses one...

Still room for some cool phones in BlackBerry's arsenal, I say.

So much for my contribution as an entertainment reporter.
    01-27-14 06:10 PM
    Slighty OT, slighty "entertainment", not so slightly NSA...
    BBC News - US and British spies 'get personal data from Angry Birds'
    01-27-14 06:20 PM
    What does everyone make of APPL's results?

Posted via CB10
    Color me impressed. 51 million iphones (sold), strong ipad sales, strong profits, new retail locations, not to mention the quality talent that was (recently) hired by the company. Incredible numbers
    Corbu and techvisor like this.
    01-27-14 07:34 PM
    Color me impressed. 51 million iphones (sold), strong ipad sales, strong profits, new retail locations, not to mention the quality talent that was (recently) hired by the company. Incredible numbers
    But they are not keeping pace with the industry's growth. They've got a very nice high end niche, though. The niche is also big enough and profitable enough that they can thrive there for quite some time, turning a healthy profit every quarter.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    rarsen likes this.
    01-27-14 08:26 PM
    iWatch
    iPad
    iTouch
    iGasm?

From my Z30 via CB10
    01-27-14 08:37 PM
    How about the #idontcare lol

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    01-27-14 08:48 PM
    But they are not keeping pace with the industry's growth. They've got a very nice high end niche, though. The niche is also big enough and profitable enough that they can thrive there for quite some time, turning a healthy profit every quarter.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I agree. I'll take pocket share over market share any day. Main Street is not impressed due to Apple's large market cap, not to mention their lack announcements (new products/product line), so in turn Apple is looked at as a stagnate company(non growth ala Microsoft). This doesn't bother me because it shows me that the company is focused and they move at their own accord vs letting Wall Street dictate their decisions. Apologies if my thoughts are all over the place, I'm cooking dinner/playing assassins creed...

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    techvisor and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    01-27-14 08:52 PM
    I would agree. Some seriously solid money being made. I guess the declining N.A. market share (yes, still large but declining) is now becoming an Apple problem too. The street doesn't seem to like what they presented. What's also interesting to note, is that during the conference call, I think it's the first time I've seen Apple go on the defensive... they mentioned Android 3 times to try and "out do" them in app store sales and profits for devs, quality of content, and I forget the other mention. It was almost an attempt to advertise.
    01-27-14 08:59 PM
    I would agree. Some seriously solid money being made. I guess the declining N.A. market share (yes, still large but declining) is now becoming an Apple problem too. The street doesn't seem to like what they presented. What's also interesting to note, is that during the conference call, I think it's the first time I've seen Apple go on the defensive... they mentioned Android 3 times to try and "out do" them in app store sales and profits for devs, quality of content, and I forget the other mention. It was almost an attempt to advertise.
    When you say think that means that there is shadow of doubt there (I never base my investments on what Wall Street thinks). I prefer to base everything on what I/we know. Increase in EPS, net Profit, Cash on Hand, strong leadership, and being the leader in said sector is what matters most (my main characteristics) to me. Apple isn't going to stay on top forever, however you'd be hard pressed to find a company that offers what they offer at this point in time. As an investor I'm pressed by this company. I'll panic once large institutions start dumping shares.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-27-14 09:22 PM
    Agreed but unfortunately the market agrees with what wall st thinks therefore they have the ability to punish a stock even if its profitable and showing pretty good numbers. We just can't win with all the money behind these firms. I'm curious how this carl icahn thing will play out actually so i'll be following that story

When you say think that means that there is shadow of doubt there (I never base my investments on what Wall Street thinks). I prefer to base everything on what I/we know. Increase in EPS, net Profit, Cash on Hand, strong leadership, and being the leader in said sector is what matters most (my main characteristics) to me. Apple isn't going to stay on top forever, however you'd be hard pressed to find a company that offers what they offer at this point in time. As an investor I'm pressed by this company. I'll panic once large institutions start dumping shares.

01-27-14 09:48 PM

Like I said, some seriously impressive numbers, but the leadership isn't (as) strong anymore, there is an air of arrogance around him (sound familiar?), market share dropping in their own backyard, the ever important US of A (insert sarcasm), and a first for going on the defensive in trying to convince the street of their strength as opposed to letting it speak for itself. Now, I don't think they are going anywhere anytime soon, and they do make a widely popular and quality product, but there's no way I'd be betting on them at $500/share. With that said, I wouldn't short them either, not with that balance sheet.
    01-27-14 09:56 PM
    Agreed but unfortunately the market agrees with what wall st thinks therefore they have the ability to punish a stock even if its profitable and showing pretty good numbers. We just can't win with all the money behind these firms. I'm curious how this carl icahn thing will play out actually so i'll be following that story
    Oh he'll be ranting and raving tomorrow for sure. lol I'm looking forward to some good sound bites from him.
    slipstream89 and bungaboy like this.
    01-27-14 09:57 PM
    Sorry...5000 engineers and zero innovation for how many product cycles? That in a nutshell is what the street is concerned with. They have strong support from some major funds and a ton of well placed "pumpers" so they'll be fine for a while...time will tell the rest of the story.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    cjcampbell, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    01-27-14 10:01 PM
    Sorry...5000 engineers and zero innovation for how many product cycles? That in a nutshell is what the street is concerned with. They have strong support from some major funds and a ton of well placed "pumpers" so they'll be fine for a while...time will tell the rest of the story.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    As stated above, I don't care what the street thinks. I don't buy/sell stocks based on what someone else thinks. I'd rather use my own brain/ information that I have access to.

01-27-14 10:16 PM
    It spreads. . .

http://n.mynews.ly/!EB.BFy8O

From my Z30 via CB10
    Corbu, sidhuk, zyben and 2 others like this.
    01-27-14 10:17 PM
    As stated above, I don't care what the street thinks. I don't buy/sell stocks based on what someone else thinks. I'd rather use my own brain/ information that I have access to.

Not to be argumentative, but to disregard what the market makers are thinking, you know the ones that ultimately decide what direction the stock is going to go, is kinda like, well, what many of us here did with BlackBerry over the last year. Since JC took over, the "street" has liked what they hear and see, and look what happens to the stock. They didn't like what they heard from TH, especially after every time he spoke, and look what happened to the stock. I was like "screw them... they're wrong about this company" but they decided in the end. I still believe whole heartily in BlackBerry based on what I see and the information available to me. Am I right? Well, some would agree and some would disagree but currently, the important ones, those on the "street" do and the sp reflects that.
    sidhuk, slipstream89, jxnb and 9 others like this.
    01-27-14 10:27 PM

Hey...that's this threads mantre...lol

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-27-14 10:28 PM
    Not to be argumentative, but to disregard what the market makers are thinking, you know the ones that ultimately decide what direction the stock is going to go, is kinda like, well, what many of us here did with BlackBerry over the last year. Since JC took over, the "street" has liked what they hear and see, and look what happens to the stock. They didn't like what they heard from TH, especially after every time he spoke, and look what happened to the stock. I was like "screw them... they're wrong about this company" but they decided in the end. I still believe whole heartily in BlackBerry based on what I see and the information available to me. Am I right? Well, some would agree and some would disagree but currently, the important ones, those on the "street" do and the sp reflects that.
    My attitude towards blackberry stock hasn't changed much at all since the beginning of this thread. I saw no reason to buy it then, and I don't see any reason to buy it as of now. I enjoy reading commentary from the street, however I invest on my own principles and what makes sense to me.

01-27-14 10:37 PM
113,252 ... 23902391239223932394 ...