View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Is this a 'Pentagon buys x number of BlackBerry's' style news item all over again? The ambiguity is amazing.

Dow Jones reports:

Whereas Crackberry reports:
    This is what he said:
    "We are working with them to design a new device, and we will showcase multiple devices at the trade show in Barcelona in February,"
    01-27-14 08:38 AM
    We're comparing apples and oranges with Gmail and BBM.

I don't think anyone said BB was dead, right?

My comment was simply inferring that outages can't happen if you want to sustain a long term user base in a crowded messaging market.

BB is also trying to rebuild its reputation as a messaging brand and can't show new users that "look, we're not reliable". If you don't believe that, then look at people's comments on social media.
    Xbbm is very new on the iphone. It will take few updates to wrinkle out the quirks. For example, a friend of mine just cant down load bbm on his iphone 5s in canada no matter what he does. Download starts but then it stops with the message that it can not be downloaded at this time. Now regardless of who's fault is that but there is one less user,
    IMO emails are for more important than the social media. Specially when xbbm is just a baby and plus, every time my message didnt make to recipient's iphone, my BBm was telling me with big red x that it is not delivered.
    Having said that, i do agree that reliability is important. What i did like is that issue was resolved with in an hour.
    Corbu, bungaboy, leafs123 and 1 others like this.
    01-27-14 08:38 AM
    Hope we trade sideways this week so i can enter a options position
    01-27-14 08:52 AM
    This is what he said:
    I wouldn't be too hasty in coming to a conclusion. Your quote "We are working with them to design 'a' new device", which is singular. Foxconn designs and builds many many devices both for others and itself. Chen mentioned 'a' phone - the Jakarta.

I'm only too happy to be wrong but....better to err on the side of caution.
    georg4BB, dusdal, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    01-27-14 08:52 AM
    I looked at foxcon quote and with my English I only understood that there is at least one device. Not sure what is the issue here.
    Guys are just reporting blackberry news to this thread for our benefits. Good bad or ugly, we can't control it. It is like my wife getting mad at the weather reporting people for this very cold and long winter.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    01-27-14 08:59 AM
    I looked at foxcon quote and with my English I only understood that there is at least one device. Not sure what is the issue here.
    Guys are just reporting blackberry news to this thread for our benefits. Good bad or ugly, we can't control it. It is like my wife getting mad at the weather reporting people for this very cold and long winter.

Your wife is on solid footing! LoL
    sidhuk, Corbu and techvisor like this.
    01-27-14 09:36 AM
    Waiting on the 10.2 VZW update thru BB Link. Excruciatingly slow and painful but I sure hope it's going to worth it!!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-27-14 09:43 AM
    Waiting on the 10.2 VZW update thru BB Link. Excruciatingly slow and painful but I sure hope it's going to worth it!!!
    Believe me. It is well worth it. By installing the leak I have enjoyed this for some time.

PS. If you don't like it, send it up here (to me) and I'll send you guys another Christmas tree next year. LoL
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-27-14 09:58 AM
    So who are we blaming the latest free fall of BBRY stock on, today?
    austriker likes this.
    01-27-14 11:15 AM
    Is the red from shorts fighting back, pentagon didn't actually order new BlackBerrys, or profit taking? Hmmm

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    01-27-14 11:16 AM
    Everything is on free fall today.
    I keeping an eye on six different stocks and all of them are following the same path.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    01-27-14 11:22 AM
    A bit of red over the short term isn't a terrible thing. So long as we stay above $9.50 or so, I reckon it's just a nice opportunity to buy some more. If it goes below that it become a great opportunity lol

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-27-14 11:28 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140127_112827.png

Free fall.

bungaboy likes this.
    01-27-14 11:29 AM
    This Morning: An Apple Downgrade in Advance of FYQ1, MediaTek’s Q, What’s Up with Social Media? - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

BlackBerry a bit better

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are down 26 cents, or 2.7%, at $9.63, after MKM Partners’s Michael Genovese this morning reiterated a Neutral rating on the shares, while raising his price target to $10 from $6.75 “as we model lower cash burn in Handsets due to the Foxconn outsourcing.”

Writes Genovese, “We now think the company’s net cash balance can stabilize at about $2bn assuming an additional $1bn in cash burn from operations and restructuring mostly offset by real estate sales and tax refunds. We now give BBRY $4 per share credit for cash, up from zero previously.”

At the same time, Genovese rejects the bulls’ argument for BlackBerry’s enterprise services business that popped up in light of VMware’s (VMW) $1.2 billion acquisition last week of AirWatch. Genovese thinks the case for “MDM,” or mobile-device management, as a savior for BlackBerry is unrealistic.
    01-27-14 11:30 AM
    If you want free fall, go look at Twitter lol

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    01-27-14 11:30 AM
    So tempted to buy into the pharmas again....just wish I had a bit more cash HALO, XOMA looking really nice.

Morgan was dead on in selling early! definitely buying back in cheaper
    sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    01-27-14 11:34 AM
    Just a quick update. Inverted hammer so far today. Possible good entry points at $9.5x. It needs to hold $9.50.

News: BlackBerry (BBRY) Fair Value Target Raised at MKM Partners

"We are increasing our fair value estimate for BBRY to $10 from $6.75 as we model lower cash burn in Handsets due to the Foxconn outsourcing," Genovese said. "We now think the company's net cash balance can stabilize at about $2bn assuming an additional $1bn in cash burn from operations and restructuring mostly offset by real estate sales and tax refunds. ..."

Daily chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-01-27-12.23.35-pm.png
    01-27-14 11:41 AM
    Let me guess, AAPL doing alright today.. or was it MSFT?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    01-27-14 11:41 AM
    I know there is a tendency to poo poo the Kantar numbers here, but they weren't pretty today. It can't have been any help.
    01-27-14 11:58 AM
    I am gonna pick more Halo today. debating between IAG and Halo. or both? what do you think Gang? or go more in Blackberry? any resourceful thoughts would be appreciated. thanks in advance
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-27-14 12:06 PM
    So tempted to buy into the pharmas again....just wish I had a bit more cash HALO, XOMA looking really nice.

Morgan was dead on in selling early! definitely buying back in cheaper
    I bought back all of my pharmas today, fully loaded there, now I'm going to have a look at BBRY. Got to love these major sell-offs. If I get a chance I'll post a chart on BBRY spanning the next couple of weeks.
    _dimi_, sidhuk, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    01-27-14 12:06 PM
    I love sell off periods, my previous Ford play is preventing me from buying at these levels but I can hold off until the next sell off which is always a guarantee! Did you buy back HALO, XOMA and ACAD morgan?

@sidhuk of course its your money you're investing but I would choose HALO over gold atm. The sell off has created a great opportunity in this stock giving you a chance to get in at cheap and nothing has changed with the company, I believe they are still awaiting some positive news soon too. Just my opinion though! GOOD LUCK!

I bought back all of my pharmas today, fully loaded there, now I'm going to have a look at BBRY. Got to love these major sell-offs. If I get a chance I'll post a chart on BBRY spanning the next couple of weeks.
    01-27-14 12:12 PM
    I love sell off periods, my previous Ford play is preventing me from buying at these levels but I can hold off until the next sell off which is always a guarantee! Did you buy back HALO, XOMA and ACAD morgan?

@sidhuk of course its your money you're investing but I would choose HALO over gold atm. The sell off has created a great opportunity in this stock giving you a chance to get in at cheap and nothing has changed with the company, I believe they are still awaiting some positive news soon too. Just my opinion though! GOOD LUCK!
    I bought a huge block of HALO at the 50-ema which is just above $ 14.80/shr. Every time it touches that indicator, it turns and heads North again and rallies to new highs. I have ACAD but didn't buy more, and I bought a couple of new ones too. But the lions share of the funds went into HALO, what a gift that one is. I think that BBRY could work its way down to the low $ 9.00's to fill that gap. Then I think it moves sideways for a few days before taking another run at the 200-dma. The stock is trading in a healthy way and should not be confused with weakness. Follow the charts and you will make money.
    randall2580, Mr BBRY, jxnb and 8 others like this.
    01-27-14 12:17 PM
    General market sell off. I don't think it has anything to do with BlackBerry per se.

Everyone is panicking

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 12:26 PM
    if we see a prolonged broader market sell off (another5% or so) this week, I would look for a 50% retracement of the gains by BBRY. So I would start getting active at about $8.50 or so.
    01-27-14 12:29 PM
113,251 ... 23882389239023912392 ...