1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Great news for anyone on Verizon!

http://m.crackberry.com/verizon-begi...21?cb_mobile=0

\(0^?^0)/

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    morganplus8, rarsen, zyben and 3 others like this.
    01-24-14 12:30 PM
    This 10.2.1 news is very good. Not only is it rolling out without/ahead of expectations.

More importantly Verizon launched at the same time.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    3_M4N, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    01-24-14 12:31 PM
    [insider news / call it rumor] 10.2.1 validated at SFR (vodafone/France).
    Yes! It has also landed in Europe already!
    dusdal, rarsen, zyben and 1 others like this.
    01-24-14 12:35 PM
    Yes! It has also landed in Europe already!
    No OTA yet, waiting for BlackBerry green light, I believe.
    Not confirmed by BB France, as of date
    Ribes Nigrum likes this.
    01-24-14 01:05 PM
    Red day overall in the market, so time for me to buy more. Bought more Ford at $15.90 and waiting for BAC to drop a little more. Have an order for march calls with 10 strike for $.95 im hoping it fills
    01-24-14 01:08 PM
    Presumably 40,000 BB10 Devices Within DoD Inventories

Could the DoD already have 40,000 BlackBerry 10 devices in their inventory? With the capriciousness from websites like The Verge, spewing negative sentiment at BlackBerry while the stock surges–on what Verge writer calls “news of a big win that never was.” I must protest–what a flatly under-educated subhead. I’m sorry, but while trying to bust editors for perpetuating good BlackBerry news (cited in DISA release on January 16th, 2014) bloggers and big media alike wrote up that the DOD acquired 80,000 new BlackBerry devices. BerryFlow reported that in fact the 80,00 devices (or 98%) were ‘legacy’ in nature. These inventories while already owned-still cover around 40,000 BlackBerry 10 devices. We were told that BlackBerry is the only OEM to get Authority to Operate on the DoD networks in this vote of confidence from August 8th 2013:

DISA is architecting the capacity to support 10,000 BlackBerry 10 smartphones by this [2013] fall and 30,000 by the end of 2013 on DoD networks.

In respect to the wording, the Aug 8th PR release says “architecting the capacity” for nearly 40,000 BB10 devices by the end of 2013. We are nearing the launch of the DoDs new defense platform roll out which leads us to believe that these BB10 devices are already under the DoD inventories OR they will be purchased sometime in the future: regardless this is a “Big Win” for BlackBerry no matter which way The Verge slants.

This stock has been undervalued for years, with lows down at 6 bucks. With all the inflated prices of tech stock in today’s world, $BBRY is becoming the mirror image, hyper-deflated. All the air is being blown in to pure plays with “hot and trendy” services and being sucked from the lungs of $BBRY who has been the golden standard for security for nearly 15 years.

When we look at BlackBerry in 2014, we see a spinning compass start to finally point north and if the needle can keep steady we’ll see the stock continue to rise. Free trials are ending and service revenue from BES10 will start playing in to the balance sheets to further help the cash bleed. This stock is definitely one to watch, but also one you should research thoroughly on your own. Placing your bets from the media’s rendition of the truth is fool hardy–BlackBerry is a quickly changing company. Looking back back 2 years at a 9900 and today at a Z30 on 10.2.1 one must revel in the strides they’ve made, and will continue to make into the future.

This is not an HTC. This is not solely a handset company. This is an MDM and EMM provider. BBM (Consumer) QNX (EMBEDDED) Services (ENTERPRISE) Handsets (UNIFIED PLATFORM).

Don’t step in our shine.

Disclosure: I am long $BBRY

Presumably 40,000 BB10 Devices Within DoD Inventories |
    01-24-14 01:09 PM
    Red day overall in the market, so time for me to buy more. Bought more Ford at $15.90 and waiting for BAC to drop a little more. Have an order for march calls with 10 strike for $.95 im hoping it fills
    Don't buy now as it is dropping like a rock!
    techvisor likes this.
    01-24-14 01:23 PM
    Gmail down:

You're not alone: Gmail is down.

You're not alone: Gmail is down. | ZDNet
    01-24-14 01:30 PM
    Don't buy now as it is dropping like a rock!
    up&down. Tricky game. Danger zone for people like me. Not tempting chance

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    01-24-14 01:59 PM
    up&down. Tricky game. Danger zone for people like me. Not tempting chance

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1164 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	241418
    Time for a glass or two of wine and relax Superfly...just one of those days....its "Le Weekend"
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-24-14 02:10 PM
    NEW DELHI: Smartphone maker Blackberry will introduce free voice calls on its instant messenger app over next month through an update which will also allow users to surf and create BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) channels, share content and geographical location on the go.
    Krishnadeep Baruah, senior director, channel marketing in Asia Pacific for Blackberry, told ET that the global update of the app will happen 'within a few weeks', which will put BBM in direct competition with apps like ..

Read more at:
    Blackberry to start free voice salls by February - The Economic Times

Read more at:

01-24-14 02:16 PM
    approx what I did ... but kept track, averaged and sitting right now @ $10.35 avg ...
    (warning: I've been a lucky rookie - think before you do - not an advice)
    I don't know if you are lucky yet. I hope you are but that same investment in an plain vanilla S&P 500 fund would be up around 40% and QQQ over 50% instead of just close to break even. Of course the entertainment value of owning BBRY and this thread can not be easily valued. Priceless........?
    01-24-14 02:20 PM
    Thats true. But in my case what I am looking for is returns which exceed the S&P 500 over the next 2- 3 years.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    01-24-14 02:33 PM
    That Berryflow piece is pure fanboy conjucture (again). Does anyone really think because the DoD (yes that DoD) said back in August that they were building in capacity for 40,000 BB10 devices that it actually happened? Possibly, but presuming it happened or will happen as fact seems no better than the Verge trash that was published. We don't know and won't know until they tell us. To take DoD's August statement and presume they actually have done or are going to do it is a massive leap of faith. Could be right, but.....

Good weekend to all, Wall Street will be glad to hear the bell ring and this week close.
    01-24-14 02:41 PM
    Morgan, is your retirement account your TFSA? That was my thought when you mentioned your option writing strategies and the ability to not have to worry about paperwork!
    01-24-14 03:09 PM
    Morgan, is your retirement account your TFSA? That was my thought when you mentioned your option writing strategies and the ability to not have to worry about paperwork!

Hi fedakd!!

I was referring to my one RRSP account, this one is full of BBRY and nothing else and it is doing very well. I trade stock in that account because it is a paperless issue and a lot easier to move stock in and out as there are no tax consequences.

For the fun of it, here's my wife's TFSA for today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-tfsa-account-update-jan-24a-2014.png

How's that for an account with $ 25,500 original dollars in it? She is so lucky to have me! LOL

The ECA is her only holding in this account (plus cash of course) as we recently sold her HALO stock. We are about to make purchases next week now that the DOW has fallen some. The ECA is profitable too, we write Call Options against that stock and have made far more than the $ 2,000 offset there. You can do wonderful things with the TFSA account.
    01-24-14 03:48 PM
    hi fedakd!!

i was referring to my one rrsp account, this one is full of bbry and nothing else and it is doing very well. I trade stock in that account because it is a paperless issue and a lot easier to move stock in and out as there are no tax consequences.

For the fun of it, here's my wife's tfsa for today:

Name:	TFSA Account Update Jan 24a 2014.png 
Views:	2304 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	241444

how's that for an account with $ 25,500 original dollars in it? She is so lucky to have me! Lol

the eca is her only holding in this account (plus cash of course) as we recently sold her halo stock. We are about to make purchases next week now that the dow has fallen some. The eca is profitable too, we write call options against that stock and have made far more than the $ 2,000 offset there. You can do wonderful things with the tfsa account.
    your the man lol
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    01-24-14 03:55 PM
    I don't know if you are lucky yet. I hope you are but that same investment in an plain vanilla S&P 500 fund would be up around 40% and QQQ over 50% instead of just close to break even. Of course the entertainment value of owning BBRY and this thread can not be easily valued. Priceless........?
    Well I've been investing by accident... or such.
    I have now a few CAC40 (French index) stocks I play with, started last June with ?600, now ~ ?750 that I must keep on a special tax free account. But that's another story

But I repeat that the sum of all I learned & laughed here worth much more than what I may lose... or win

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 03:58 PM
    Crap couple days. Hold the Line

DirtyThirty Zed it
    01-24-14 03:59 PM
    For those of us who are banking on a full BlackBerry recovery over the next few years, and I think that is where the real profit lies, these last two days are no big deal. We were at $6 not long ago, and we have shed a lot of the shorts. I'm still expecting bad news on Z30 sales at some point, and then a new flagship device with a harmfully ambitious/stupid/oblivious price which will create plenty of drag on sales yet again, but BlackBerry is going to live. Good luck to all of you jumping in and out, but I haven't got the energy for that, and am just going to buy a few more dips and sit back and enjoy the ride. Have a nice weekend.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 04:13 PM
    NEW DELHI: Smartphone maker Blackberry will introduce free voice calls on its instant messenger app over next month through an update which will also allow users to surf and create BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) channels, share content and geographical location on the go.
    Krishnadeep Baruah, senior director, channel marketing in Asia Pacific for Blackberry, told ET that the global update of the app will happen 'within a few weeks', which will put BBM in direct competition with apps like ..

Read more at:

Read more at:

Did I read 100 mill bbm users?

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and Ribes Nigrum like this.
    01-24-14 05:07 PM
    Hi fedakd!!

I was referring to my one RRSP account, this one is full of BBRY and nothing else and it is doing very well. I trade stock in that account because it is a paperless issue and a lot easier to move stock in and out as there are no tax consequences.

For the fun of it, here's my wife's TFSA for today:

Name:	TFSA Account Update Jan 24a 2014.png 
Views:	2304 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	241444

How's that for an account with $ 25,500 original dollars in it? She is so lucky to have me! LOL

The ECA is her only holding in this account (plus cash of course) as we recently sold her HALO stock. We are about to make purchases next week now that the DOW has fallen some. The ECA is profitable too, we write Call Options against that stock and have made far more than the $ 2,000 offset there. You can do wonderful things with the TFSA account.
    morgan that is very impressive! Just out of curiosity did you jusy buy options in the tfsa? I only put in 15k in mine but i only hold common stocks, usually speculative and some Bac back from 2011. Takes a long time to grow it!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 05:13 PM
    I don't think you can buy options in a tfsa

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 05:21 PM
    I don't think you can buy options in a tfsa

Posted via CB10
    Yep you can. You just have to register with your bank in order to do so. I called in about it the other day
    01-24-14 05:33 PM
    P.S: I'm still virgin in this area (OMG, I feel like a co...
    I'm on an airplane, spotty signal. Just wanted to confirm. SF, you are a virgin and a what? LOL

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 05:44 PM
113,256 ... 23852386238723882389 ...