View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I like what they are doing, took some of the largest gripes with the OS, apps and lack of carrier support and found solutions.

That is good management.

Stay focused, don't get distracted by all the crap out there!

Posted via CB10
    Randeman likes this.
    01-23-14 10:20 AM
    jebus, it's actually in a slow climb. We could go green today ....is there that much support at this point?
    Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid ?

01-23-14 10:53 AM
    Well, you got the "load of people will disagree with my view" comment right.

"Sorry but most invest to make money! Investing is not a "kumbaya" moment for me. Companies that screw up loose support and die.
    Again, you clearly separate moral or ethical considerations from your activities in the market. You have a right to do that by law, but that that's not the same as being moral. I personally don't think shorting belongs in an ideally ethical market. Shorting is not investment.

I am a proud capitalist, but I refuse to eject my values in the name of a fast buck. Again, that is just my position. In the case of BlackBerry, shorting in mass numbers has been devastating, and only a fool would argue that it hasn't damaged the actual company, sales, and real people who have lost jobs.

As for your mantra that investment is just about making money - no kimbaya, etc., that is the same argument that was made by slave traders, and the reckless members of the East India Company who Adam Smith so strongly opposed.

Let me give you an example of what your attitude has done in the past. You can find plenty of examples in our day of the costs in human suffering of a pathological view of the markets. In India, in the days of the East India Company, hundreds of thousands of Indians were left to starve to death while the Company held tonnes and tonnes of rice in its warehouses, and wouldn't sell it to the native people who had provided it, because the rice would sell at a higher price in Europe. At the same time, there were plenty of people who held the same view as you for whom such details were not worth considering.

To add a caveat, I could perhaps see a difference in degree in shorting a company like Twitter which is absurdly overpriced, but I still wouldn't do it. It's too difficult to make those distinctions. I would rather stick to investing as opposed to anti-investing.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

I am glad you are not investing my money.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    01-23-14 11:00 AM
    Gregg, could you please add/remove the [ quote ] and [ / Quote ] marks to make it clear what is yours and others ? Your post is confusing
    01-23-14 11:11 AM
    QNX Software Systems Launches New Cloud Business to Power the Internet of Things

As BlackBerry continues to transform its business by building a world-class team and bringing even greater focus to the company, I�m happy to announce the formation of QNX Software Systems� new Cloud business.

In this growing, connected world, it�s more important than ever to create technologies that not only connect people to people, but that connect to machines and devices for greater communication and interaction. BlackBerry and QNX have a long history of developing solutions that do just that. Solutions that connect and support the Internet of Things, including embedded platforms, networks and devices, are at the heart of what QNX delivers. Consider this � while there are 5 billion handsets in the world that we want to connect to, there may be 500 billion devices out there that present a tremendous opportunity for an organization with the experience and track record of QNX. I�m thrilled to create a group within QNX that will be dedicated to bringing these solutions to market in a timely and cohesive manner. This business is being established alongside our existing organizations that serve the embedded market (including general embedded and automotive).

Alec Saunders will lead this new group as Vice President of the QNX Cloud business. I am confident Alec will be successful in his new position given his previous experience in helping to build BlackBerry�s dedicated developer community and growing the BlackBerry application ecosystem as Vice President of Developer Relations and Ecosystem Development. Alec is returning to his roots, as he previously held the VP Marketing role at QNX from 2001 to 2002.

In addition, Marty Mallick has been appointed Vice President, Global Alliances and Ecosystems, which combines Developer Relations with his current Business Development and BlackBerry World responsibilities. Having worked closely with Alec on the evolution of our ecosystem, there is no better person than Marty to continue to advance this work. Marty�s expertise will allow him to work with partners and developers to make BlackBerry 10 users even more productive and efficient.

These changes underscore our continued efforts to drive collaboration across BlackBerry operating units, while leveraging top internal talent to help seize emerging business opportunities. I look forward to sharing more information about our Cloud team at QNX in the coming months as their work progresses.

QNX Software Systems Launches New Cloud Business to Power the Internet of Things | Inside BlackBerry
    01-23-14 11:31 AM
    01-23-14 11:46 AM
    HOLY drop batman
    01-23-14 11:56 AM
    HOLY drop batman
    That was fast ... They're (theverge) loading the boat
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    01-23-14 12:01 PM
    That was fast ... They're (theverge) loading the boat
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	778 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	241038
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	774 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	241039
    lol someone doesn't like the stock going up
    morganplus8, zyben, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    01-23-14 12:06 PM
    As much as I like The Verge. They really do (and other sites) have a hard on for hating on BlackBerry. I can't wait for these editors to shut up once and for all.
    01-23-14 12:08 PM
    As much as I like The Verge. They really do (and other sites) have a hard on for hating on BlackBerry. I can't wait for these editors to shut up once and for all.
    Just as soon as Blackberry stop giving them the ammo, they will stop shooting! What a mess our new CEO stepped in!
    techvisor and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-23-14 12:12 PM
    This is NOT A NEW News. If for people like me who can read the English, they knew days before that the 80,000 BB phones are the current ones that already in DoD's possession. However, the news does tell us that DoD has decide to use Blackberry BB10 as the serve software to manage all the mobile devices and they will and have to buy new smartphones to upgrade the old ones. Most of the phone DoD going to buy will still be BB phones!
    01-23-14 12:16 PM
    Good god, atleast let it stay above $10.
    01-23-14 12:19 PM
    Come on folks did we really believe BB would not give up some of the recent huge gains...this is to be expected and a correction was in order.
    Last edited by bigbadben10; 01-23-14 at 03:12 PM.
    01-23-14 12:27 PM
    Come on folks did we realy believe BB would not give up some it the recent huge gains...this is to be expected and a correction was in order.
    Yup, and the timing of this doom and gloom article was... asasine.

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10, sidhuk, zyben and 1 others like this.
    01-23-14 12:30 PM
    WTF climbing back up again fast

Edit: LoL may be not.

Edit #2 LoL May be Yes
    Last edited by sidhuk; 01-23-14 at 12:49 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-23-14 12:35 PM
    WTF climbing back up again fast

Edit: LoL may be not.
    Considering it went as low as $9.80 to be up at $10.10 is fast though.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-23-14 12:44 PM
    What a misleading article and title. They don't say anything. They just say bbry is in trouble. They don't even deny the claim that DOD will be buying bb10 handsets.

Sure no handsets ordered now, but what about in the future?

I think someone has a vested interest in keeping this stock down.

I would love to see what went on behind the scenes there. The goal is longterm don't forget that, block out the noise!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:49 PM
    The drop is just fine. Just buy more. I wasn't convinced the article said 80,000 phones ordered to begin with, but it doesn't matter. It's unlikely that they will be using those old BB7 phones for long anyway. It's still a good bit of news. I'm happy for the SP to sit sideways at $10 for a bit until some better news comes through. I'd like the chance to buy more anyway.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-23-14 12:49 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out how the Verge thinks that the DoD going cross platform "is anything but good news" for Blackberry, when Chen explicitly said they are transitioning to Enterprise and BES 10 will be used for the DoD to manage new devices. Man are these people still stuck on BlackBerry's handset model. FFS, he pawned that part off on Foxconn!

color me confused ....
    La Emperor, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-23-14 12:53 PM
    @bigbbrbeliever...

So I am pretty new to this thread and this is probably my first post. I will keep it short since my English is not that advanced and I don't want to bother you... ;-)

But I got a question. How do you know that the Pentagon uses BES10 to manage the devices? I mean it is not explicitly stated in the Press Release, isn't it? I wonder wether there is a chance that the Pentagon could use another MDM solution or even manage all devices by themselves?

Greetings from Germany
    dusdal likes this.
    01-23-14 12:55 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out how the Verge thinks that the DoD going cross platform "is anything but good news" for Blackberry, when Chen explicitly said they are transitioning to Enterprise and BES 10 will be used for the DoD to manage new devices. Man are these people still stuck on BlackBerry's handset model. FFS, he pawned that part off on Foxconn!

color me confused ....
    The devices were just gravy... What matters in the DISA news, is BES 10 running in Pentagon.
    And for IT Directors making the decisions, what's good for Pentagon is good enough for us...

Couple that with the Airwatch news of takeover yesterday, BES10 alone should be worth >>>1.5$ Billion.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 01-23-14 at 01:12 PM. Reason: I'm confused now. I just read that it may just be Fixmo running the legacy devices..damn it what do I know.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-23-14 01:03 PM
    What a drop...negative non news still seems to effect the sp immediately. But... I still think 2014 is going to be a better year for BB.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-i-am-stockberrian.jpg  
    01-23-14 01:18 PM
    @bigbbrbeliever...

So I am pretty new to this thread and this is probably my first post. I will keep it short since my English is not that advanced and I don't want to bother you... ;-)

But I got a question. How do you know that the Pentagon uses BES10 to manage the devices? I mean it is not explicitly stated in the Press Release, isn't it? I wonder wether there is a chance that the Pentagon could use another MDM solution or even manage all devices by themselves?

Greetings from Germany
    You will get your answer if you can answer the following question:
    Beside BB10, is there any other MDM solution which can manage the legacy BB phone?
    sidhuk, bungaboy, ibpluto and 2 others like this.
    01-23-14 01:19 PM
    The devices were just gravy... What matters in the DISA news, is BES 10 running in Pentagon.
    And for IT Directors making the decisions, what's good for Pentagon is good enough for us...

Couple that with the Airwatch news of takeover yesterday, BES10 alone should be worth >>>1.5$ Billion.
    all i know is that last 5 million shares made price gain of 38cents
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-23-14 01:19 PM
113,250 ... 23802381238223832384 ...