Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    half a million volume in pre-market
    01-23-14 08:22 AM
    Anecdotal story here. At Christmas I went Hawaii on holiday.

I actually saw TH, didn't speak to him as I would hate people to bug me on holiday.

Also I met Justin Bieber neighbour.

You may have seen him in the news recently.

The whole thing started apparently when Schwartz went round to his about his fast driving and loud music in the neighborhood. Bieber spat in his face!

Then he egged his house. Upon which the neighbour reported it to the police and they went to his house to search for evidence where they found narcotics.

His friend is now in court as apparently it was his. And now this.

Why do I tell you this, one because it is a cool story and I actually met the guy, who was really nice. 2, I think Bieber would be a PR nightmare now, looks like he is down and out.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    01-23-14 08:25 AM
    Thinking the pre-market action is a short headfake and minor profit taking.

We dropped when the market lost faith in BB10 sales and again when they lost faith with Thorsten Heins' management team. The drop in June was from stagnating BB10 sales and the drop from ER at September until November 4th was really the same drop, bolstered only by the $9 offer on the table.

We're back to trading sideways until the next ER, unless the media decides to take a second look at BB10 with the release of the Z30 with 10.2.1.2055 (??), which has been happening more and more lately.

Meanwhile, the written down Z10 seems to have been flying out the door into the waiting arms of government agencies, defense departments and international corporations.

Ten years from now they'll be talking about a carefully crafted coup by a Canadian tech company that made Apple's rise to power look like a hiccup.
    Randeman, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-23-14 08:33 AM
    Waterloo Inks $516,000 Deal For More BlackBerrys

Waterloo Inks $516,000 Deal For More BlackBerrys |

Posted via CB10
    Most of that is going to the TSP. 370 phones at $500 a piece is less than 200K. Of course they would vote yes to blackberry or they would be voted out at the polls.
    Last edited by spiller; 01-23-14 at 08:54 AM.
    bungaboy and ibpluto like this.
    01-23-14 08:38 AM
    oh well guys I chickened out and sold all my shares (I only had 1800) at market open @ $11.80 CND ish. going to watch it today and see when to get back in (prob soon, lol). cheers!
    01-23-14 08:39 AM
    oh well guys I chickened out and sold all my shares (I only had 1800) at market open @ $11.80 CND ish. going to watch it today and see when to get back in (prob soon, lol). cheers!
    I would of sold to if i didnt know that BBRY isnt even at book value yet. We can jump 10 -20 percent at any given time.
    01-23-14 08:46 AM
    Trying to grab xco calls today

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 08:47 AM
    Anyone else add to their position this morning? Got some more added @11.64 on tsx
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-23-14 08:49 AM
    Way OT, but he was mentioned as being a replacement of Alicia Keys . . .

Attachment 240974
    Cj Buffed him bad man. That's not fair.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    01-23-14 08:53 AM
    i'm going to try to buy it all back at $11.60 ish. wish me luck, for a couple hundred $ , this watching the tickers prob not worth it, lol
    01-23-14 08:55 AM
    oh the orders just filled
    stevenson232 likes this.
    01-23-14 08:56 AM
    A pop at the opening followed by a quick drop. Then yoyo until 15:30 then profit taking?
    And, another example why I don't "day trade" LoL
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-23-14 08:59 AM
    oh the orders just filled
    Congrats ... Im to nervous to sell and buy back im been holding for over a year now and doubled down at 6. Im confident we will see 20's this year and just dont want to miss a leg up but if you have the balls to trade it on the way up good on you
    01-23-14 09:00 AM
    Congrats ... Im to nervous to sell and buy back im been holding for over a year now and doubled down at 6. Im confident we will see 20's this year and just dont want to miss a leg up but if you have the balls to trade it on the way up good on you
    yeah dude, day trade is not worth it, (not at my skill level anyways). just going to hold now. it's too much stress and I need to do actual work, lol cheers!
    01-23-14 09:05 AM
    Down 37 cents in the pre-market.

Pullback or headfake?
    Consolidation, base building for a few days and then we see if there is enough to take it higher or if the day traders get impatient and start to sell to lock in profits. It's been quite a run.
    01-23-14 09:07 AM
    And, another example why I don't "day trade" LoL
    Less than 10% of day traders actually make money. Smart to stay away form trying to time the market hour to hour or minute to minute.

Got to go, but if any of you are holding 1500+ shares (depends on your transaction costs), selling covered calls is a nice strategy to lock in your price and pick up a premium for the risk. "Having" to sell for $15 or $20 or whatever you write them for ain't bad and you get the premium in the meantime. Worth a look for some??? YMMV.
    m0de25 likes this.
    01-23-14 09:12 AM
    I think this was posted a few weeks ago. But such a good read. And a great article to share with all your non blackberry friends

Rogue Android: We show you how BlackBerry's pain can be your gain • The Register
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-23-14 09:16 AM
    Google should develop and support GSP services by providing a GSP install in blackberry world, and charge for it (covers the 'license' that other manufacturers pay for GSP). Or blackberry should just figure out how to make this deal and license GSP for the BB10 android runtime. With 10.2.1.1925+ and GSP there is no reason the word on bb10 won't spread like wildfire. A better Android than Android.
    01-23-14 09:21 AM
    I personally don't bother with sell and buyback stuff. I used to, and I find it too much hassle. I'm betting on a healthy and profitable BlackBerry in 2-3 years, and I couldn't care much less whether the stock goes up or down tomorrow. Well, I would love it to go down a bit so I could find an excuse to buy more, but that's it.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 09:28 AM
    Mr. Morgan!

What are a couple major basic factors you look for in determining if a company is undervalued? Also, how much does the media play these days in your opinion in setting the stock price?
    I look at Book Value versus the price of the stock and more importantly, I look at the Balance Sheet for tons of cash and no debt. Not every company has mature products going to market so you can't judge them on whether or not you use their stuff. In BlackBerry's case though, we know the quality of the product as we use it every day. So although many companies aren't bringing too many products to market, they MUST have the cash to get the new product to market and it much make sense. That's why I like pharmas so much, but they need to have a strong pipeline and plenty of cash to see their products through to a final launch. The next thing I look for is ownership of the stock. Chen will make a $ 250 million dollar gain out of BBRY and he won't sleep until he has accomplished that. The Baker Brothers buy so many shares they can't sell them if the inestment turns sour, I like that. The media means nothing to me, its about clicks today and you would be hard pressed to find a good analyst in the sea of garbage out there. I hate Hedge Funds more than I hate the media but that is a whole other topic! It isn't the fault of shorts that BBRY is down, it is the fault of Hedge Funds and naked selling that crushed BBRY.

What are 2-3 basic TA points a newcomer should take into account for trading?
    Buy stock that are above their 200-dma, 50-dma- and probably their 20-dma/ema. Then look for a pattern or a channel that a stock is following and finally look for a shorter term indicator like a 7-ema that the stock follows to a tee. BBRY follows its 7-ema, since this rally began back at the lows, BBRY has failed to close below its 7-ema, so until that line is broken, you stay in the trade. Look for stocks that are basing out, either from bad news or neglect. Pay a close attention to the RSI of a stock, BBRY is above its RSI by quite a distance and subject to a correction now. Look for support, what was resistance going up is support going down. BBRY has major support at its 200-dma after crossing it yesterday. Look for a stock to fill most of the gaps made when the market became overly excited in the short-term. BBRY is the best performing tech on the planet this year and many have profits and fear of losing their gains so be aware of that if you are buyig today.

There are a large number of things to be looking for and once you champion these, you can add to that list as it takes little time to do some homework and get it right almost every time! GL
    01-23-14 09:33 AM
    Looks like we'll stand over the $10s ... let's chill out but stand firm !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy and Ribes Nigrum like this.
    01-23-14 09:36 AM
    Way OT, but he was mentioned as being a replacement of Alicia Keys . . .
    Justin Bieber arrested for DUI, drag racing in Miami Beach

Police in Miami Beach say Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber was arrested Thursday morning and accused of drunken driving and drag racing.

The Miami Beach Police Department confirmed 19-year-old Bieber�s arrest in a tweet on its official Twitter page.

Police say the pop star was drag racing on Miami Beach early Thursday.
    You uploaded the wrong pic BungaBoy ! This one's *BREAKSCLUSIVE* !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1545630_10152032582337779_490459282_n.jpg
    01-23-14 09:46 AM
    jebus, it's actually in a slow climb. We could go green today ....is there that much support at this point?
    01-23-14 09:48 AM
    jebus, it's actually in a slow climb. We could go green today ....is there that much support at this point?
    Volume is good so there is a chance
    01-23-14 09:59 AM
    Some of the folks at the Malaysia event for 10.2.1 have been tweeting that the global rollout updates can be had over wi-fi only.

The suggestion being the bypass of carriers.

If true, it could be pretty significant.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140123_014417.png

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-23-14 10:07 AM
113,250 ... 23792380238123822383 ...