View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey guys. I bought in at $6.90 after selling for a tiny loss when news of going private hit a while back. I'm not looking to sell but what I'm wondering now is whether I should buy more next week, or wait until BB cools off a bit - if it does? This already feels like a silly question, but does anyone think they know what an actual fair price is to buy BlackBerry right now? I'm looking to buy and hold, but I also don't want to buy a whole bunch and have the stock take a little dive five minutes after I do so.

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking about this. Anyone got any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Korepab likes this.
    01-22-14 11:40 AM
    Think its $18 actually which is even better
    Id love to see that lol. Once we hit are book value 15-18 bucks a share i think it will take some growth in profits to push us up more. Proof that JC is turning the ship around i think i said my one year target was 23 a few weeks ago.
    slipstream89 and bungaboy like this.
    01-22-14 11:40 AM
    OT. Got a regret gents. few months back I was looking at 3D printing (DDD), didn't move on it .....aaargh

I really need to invent a time machine..... the old saying of "If I knew then, what I know know" .... ~sigh~
    Corbu and BergerKing like this.
    01-22-14 11:44 AM
    OT. Got a regret gents. few months back I was looking at 3D printing (DDD), didn't move on it .....aaargh

I really need to invent a time machine..... the old saying of "If I knew then, what I know know" .... ~sigh~
    I actually just sold my position in DDD i got in at 29 a share.
    ibpluto likes this.
    01-22-14 11:47 AM

I was just thinking that same thing........about my wife.
    01-22-14 11:53 AM
    01-22-14 12:06 PM
    Morgan...real quick, don't want to interrupt this wonderful BBRY momentum: I listened to you re OXBT (just bought a tiny bit...and thanks btw). What's up with it today??
    01-22-14 12:09 PM
    I actually just sold my position in DDD i got in at 29 a share.
    awesome! It was $52.75 when I thought about. I set it on my BB Stocks app to keep an eye on it.

I really need to get out and take a course on this investing so I can understand these charts. I am such a dunce with fundimentals, and much more a news and trends guy. Not working for me thou ...LOL LOL

Morgan ....you up for a Vulcan Mind Melt?
    Corbu and rarsen like this.
    01-22-14 12:15 PM
    Morgan...real quick, don't want to interrupt this wonderful BBRY momentum: I listened to you re OXBT (just bought a tiny bit...and thanks btw). What's up with it today??
    Glad you own some! I haven't heard of anything to merit that pop, they will have to halt it soon unless they can confirm that the Baker Brothers (or some intstitutions) are loading up here. Enjoy the ride and only you can decide if you need to sell into this pop or not. I'll watch for any news.
    01-22-14 12:17 PM
    Oh and Morgan....PSDV....a much bigger "thank-you". So here it is THANK YOU.
    01-22-14 12:19 PM
    Re: ddd

They have an earnings multiple of nearly 200 haha.

I hope they are at a fixed-costs point of inflection ?.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-22-14 12:20 PM
    awesome! It was $52.75 when I thought about. I set it on my BB Stocks app to keep an eye on it.

I really need to get out and take a course on this investing so I can understand these charts. I am such a dunce with fundimentals, and much more a news and trends guy. Not working for me thou ...LOL LOL

Morgan ....you up for a Vulcan Mind Melt?

Ye im more of a fundimental investor and value investor. I normally looks at the sector that i believe has a god future then i go from there and pick a company in that sector and from there i then use technical ideas to time my entrance in my position
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-22-14 12:20 PM
    What's up with the delay on BB?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140122_202244.png

?Posted from my Z30 ?
    01-22-14 12:23 PM
    Oh and Morgan....PSDV....a much bigger "thank-you". So here it is THANK YOU.
    Thanks, I own a large block of that one and the 50-dma is about to cross up through the 200-dma which is called "The Golden Cross" and is very bullish. I want to sell that one because I own too many shares to get out of it on these light trading days. GL
    sidhuk, JLagoon and bondary like this.
    01-22-14 12:23 PM
    Thanks, I own a large block of that one and the 50-dma is about to cross up through the 200-dma which is called "The Golden Cross" and is very bullish. I want to sell that one because I own too many shares to get out of it on these light trading days. GL
    Well then how 'bout just signing them over to me. I'd be honoured to help you out lol!!!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    01-22-14 12:25 PM
    RSI is thru the roof!

Think it will drop tomorrow? Or continues its rally?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 12:29 PM
    Well, I'm not green yet...but, I'm a lot less brown now!

News just in: John Chen replaces Rob Ford as mayor of Toronto. John was quoted as saying, "I don't do Rasta.
    However, I'm selling all my real estate and moving BlackBerry to City Hall."
    01-22-14 12:37 PM
    Attachment 240724

From BBM's Social Media.
    Ha! That describes exactly how I felt when my investment got back in the green!
    #handsintheairmakinitrain

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    01-22-14 12:40 PM
    Great day for BBRY!!

@Morgan, I would like to ask about IAG/IMG if I may and hope you could weigh in on this. What do you think of the 2014 guidance they have issued out?
    01-22-14 12:45 PM
    Question for Morgan

How relavent is RSI if Shorts are covering? Is the correct assumption that if we have shorts covering "all bets are off" on your typicaly TA analysis?
    01-22-14 12:48 PM
    Great day for BBRY!!

@Morgan, I would like to ask about IAG/IMG if I may and hope you could weigh in on this. What do you think of the 2014 guidance they have issued out?
    Very quickly, they are sitting on about $ 1.00/shr in cash and their 2014 guidance gives them breakeven numbers at slightly lower prices for gold. This is a leveraged play, their CDN dollar policy is too rich so you could easily see them beat their guidance for this year. Why they don't hedge some of that production is beyond me! This is a great rebound play in Gold, you need to watch the price of Spot Gold to know when to enter and exit the trade here.

For the record, I sold out of IAG yesterday to raise capital for my next round of investments. I sold purely to raise more cash, and, this market makes me nervous at these levels. That was pure luck on my part as I didn't expect today's drop. I might actually be looking to get back in if it goes any lower. GL
    Korepab, MasterMoe, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    01-22-14 01:01 PM
    Any thoughts on how the lower Canadian dollar will effect export prices of the devices? Anyone see prices falling due to this lower dollar? Or maybe profits increasing?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 01:01 PM
    Very quickly, they are sitting on about $ 1.00/shr in cash and their 2014 guidance gives them breakeven numbers at slightly lower prices for gold. This is a leveraged play, their CDN dollar policy is too rich so you could easily see them beat their guidance for this year. Why they don't hedge some of that production is beyond me! This is a great rebound play in Gold, you need to watch the price of Spot Gold to know when to enter and exit the trade here.

For the record, I sold out of IAG yesterday to raise capital for my next round of investments. I sold purely to raise more cash, and, this market makes me nervous at these levels. That was pure luck on my part as I didn't expect today's drop. I might actually be looking to get back in if it goes any lower. GL
    Thanks for the input Morgan. And great timing on getting out!!
    01-22-14 01:08 PM
    Question for Morgan

How relavent is RSI if Shorts are covering? Is the correct assumption that if we have shorts covering "all bets are off" on your typicaly TA analysis?
    Not for me, I have been at this for a long time and I respect the RSI plus 70 reading when the stock begins to flatten out. That chart pattern has some gaps to fill on the downside and the RSI reading is telling us that this stock could incur a key-reversal here. That's why I had to sell some shares today, it is over-bought in the short term and I respect that. The one critical thing that Chen has not done so far is right-size the business model, that worries me in the short-term as it means we are still going to hear about some writedowns and bad press. I want this company to break-even on EPS ASAP. So when the stock rallies to crazy valuations and the only buyers are those who don't want to own it, I don't want to be looking for the last chair in this dance!

So I do care about RSI, at the same time, I know that all of the downtrend momentum has left the stock, the holders of the stock are a happy bunch and all we need to go higher is more investors who have a great vision of this company in 3 - 5 years time. So in the short-term, RSI does matter as it has all of last year. Check the chart for 2013 and you'll see the effect of RSI on BBRY.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 01-22-14 at 01:43 PM.
    01-22-14 01:10 PM
    What's up with the delay on BB?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140122_202244.png 
Views:	712 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	240750

?Posted from my Z30 ?
    Nothing. Why do you ask?

TSX is always delayed 15 minutes. It's normal.
    sidhuk and cjcampbell like this.
    01-22-14 01:24 PM
113,256 ... 23752376237723782379 ...