View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    That article seems quite valid in regards to asking questions. I posted something recently wondering what would happen if news broke that the BlackBerry code was cracked. I really don't think it's impossible that there is something to the story. One has to be a fool to blindly assume that BlackBerry is without a doubt immune to influence from the NSA, or US government in general. A counter consideration though would be why the US government wouldn't have been quietly supporting BlackBerry over the last few years if they had a perfect hotline into government communication around the world - one that everyone thought safe. It's a sticky one...i suppose we have to hope that there's nothing to it?

Posted via CB10
    Good points - both of them. But I'll reiterate that BBRY needs to craft a response to the reporter's question(s) or termed another way, the reporters allegations.
    01-20-14 12:45 PM
    Hey Morgan I know you think we will lose some of this gain but do you think this wont push shorts to cover tomorrow
    My point is that we are all struggling to find the kind of news that will sustain this rally. The shorts are probably covering today and we have a very nice gain in progress here. You will see constant short covering for the next 4 - 6 months. I don't know where they expect to make money on the short side with BBRY after the next Q report. The market discounts 6-months out and by the time the next Q is released, BBRY looks great on paper for the balance of the year. I always wonder who is selling, not so much who is buying these days. Tomorrow will be a positive day, just how much of it will be limited to MM's holding back the price, we don't know. So far, we are doing exactly what I thought we would do which is to setup for the opening tomorrow, just below key milestones. By key milestones, I don't mean Canadian TA points of support and resistance, I'm refering to US points like the round number of $ 10.00/shr/US, I think that level is critical for this rally to continue. My personal feelings here.
    W Hoa, La Emperor, zyben and 13 others like this.
    01-20-14 12:57 PM
    That article seems quite valid in regards to asking questions. I posted something recently wondering what would happen if news broke that the BlackBerry code was cracked. I really don't think it's impossible that there is something to the story. One has to be a fool to blindly assume that BlackBerry is without a doubt immune to influence from the NSA, or US government in general. A counter consideration though would be why the US government wouldn't have been quietly supporting BlackBerry over the last few years if they had a perfect hotline into government communication around the world - one that everyone thought safe. It's a sticky one...i suppose we have to hope that there's nothing to it?

Posted via CB10
    Valid point, but security concerns aren't just about NSA, in fact, NSA is mostly inofensive for most people and companys. Blackberry securty encription would be usefull against more common hacking, spyware, and other threats, especialy in this modern world where each day you pay more stuff with your phone, and security would take even bigger place when your smartphone starts to replace your credit cards.
    Security is way more than NSA stuff....
    01-20-14 01:03 PM
    Good points - both of them. But I'll reiterate that BBRY needs to craft a response to the reporter's question(s) or termed another way, the reporters allegations.
    Well, I doubt we will get that. We will probably get silence, or the usual, simple, 'We have no backdoor' response. To be fair, it's probably not a conversation they want to have in the media at the moment unless they are 100% 'innocent' - well no matter what, actually - not now.

The Germans aren't stupid people though. If they switched Merkel to a Z10, they will have considered all of this. If they can just add their own chip to the phone to secure it properly, it probably won't be a big issue for goverments who have the ability to do so.

Potential nuclear bomb for the SP though if such a scandal turned out to be true. Fingers crossed. Best not to think about it lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:09 PM
    Potential nuclear bomb for the SP though if such a scandal turned out to be true. Fingers crossed. Best not to think about it lol.
    And on the contrarian side.....a potential "here's a catalyst" news story if it happens to be wrong. Could the Globe & Mail be wrong though? lol.
    01-20-14 01:35 PM
    OT, but interesting, on the subject of privacy:
    What Secrets Your Phone Is Sharing About You - WSJ.com
    bungaboy, sidhuk and laketrout73 like this.
    01-20-14 02:01 PM
    @Markymark 23, when it comes to BBRY, each time in the last year it went down, but BlackBerry is looked upon a little differently now with JC at the helm

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    And here's a chart that goes back to 2010 and the holiday differences between BB and BBRY. Interesting (and you are quite correct, thank-you!!). But the variable missing from this year, as you point out, is JC. Hmmmm....what will happen.

https://businessincanada.com/2014/01...-u-s-holidays/
    bungaboy, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    01-20-14 02:07 PM
    And here's a chart that goes back to 2010 and the holiday differences between BB and BBRY. Interesting (and you are quite correct, thank-you!!). But the variable missing from this year, as you point out, is JC. Hmmmm....what will happen.

https://businessincanada.com/2014/01...-u-s-holidays/
    So your telling me that there is a chance it goes up again tomorrow lol
    01-20-14 02:13 PM
    Yes, it is a hard decision. I have sold all of positions in one of my accounts at $11.35 and picked up smaller position back at $10:81. I still have two very large positions in my RSP and will be holding it for a couple of years.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    01-20-14 02:17 PM
    So your telling me that there is a chance it goes up again tomorrow lol
    Oh yeah.....listen to me....you'll go far. NOT!!! lol

But on a little bit of a serious note, there's 2 wild cards in play here. 1) JC - Remember the last Q report and what happened...and has continued. 2) That stupid G&M article that hasn't yet been picked up (that I've seen) by the U.S. media. Time (18 hrs to be exact excluding PM) will tell!!
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-20-14 02:24 PM
    Oh yeah.....listen to me....you'll go far. NOT!!! lol
    I assume your display pic is a self portrait
    01-20-14 02:26 PM
    I assume your display pic is a self portrait
    Yes but sadly, until that definitive short squeeze takes place, I'm feeling much more like the slumped over guy lol!!
    01-20-14 02:43 PM
    Either going to be a very exciting morning tomorrow, or a very disappointing one. See everybody then!
    01-20-14 02:49 PM
    01-20-14 02:53 PM
    Found the origins of the Globe and Mail article regarding "The Strange connection between the NSA an Ontario Tech firm"

This article was written the 15th of january

Digital Dao: Guess Who Owns The Patent to RSA's Backdoor Algorithm? Blackberry
    01-20-14 03:06 PM
    Anyone with real time know what BB ended on? I got 10.71 here according to Yahoo.
    01-20-14 03:08 PM
    Anyone with real time know what BB ended on? I got 10.71 here according to Yahoo.
    Bilaal, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-20-14 03:11 PM
    10.80 +0.82 (8.22%)
    01-20-14 03:16 PM
    holy ish, this is on a role
    01-20-14 03:41 PM
    Wow! What a day
    Thought it could be a quiet one and spend the afternoon fixing my broken Z10 screen.

And now what ?
    This ! ?!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140120_223533.png

And that !?!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140120_201321.jpg

I'm dancing. Silently. I just refrain to shout. Not sure I can handle it for long...
    GGGGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH.
    Ooops... sorry NOT !

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 03:42 PM
    Found the origins of the Globe and Mail article regarding "The Strange connection between the NSA an Ontario Tech firm"

This article was written the 15th of january

Digital Dao: Guess Who Owns The Patent to RSA's Backdoor Algorithm? Blackberry
    And to quote a person posting in the G&M thread.

I am neither pro- or anti- Blackberry. I have worked in the field of cryptographic certification for a number of years and have had a number of smart phone manufacturers as customers (Blackberry, Apple, Droid, etc.). Just because Blackberry owns Certicom does not imply the the Dual EC DRBG is in use in their smartphones. If one looks at CAVP cert #133 (DRBG Validation List) you will see that the BlackBerry smartphones use a different flavor of DRBG. Dual EC DRBG does however form part of the Certicom cryptographic library (DRBG Validation List) but that is precisely what it is, a General Purpose Cryptographic library. The users of said library (software and product architects) are free to use whatever components they want and are under no obligation to employ Dual EC DRBG. This does not stop someone from designing a product using such a library and only allowing Dual EC DRBG, or setting it as the default mechanism. If one looks at specific Blackberry product cert (Validated 140-1 and 140-2 Cryptographic Modules) and looks at the publically available Security Policy document, you will see that the one and only DRBG implemented in the product is the AES CTR DBRG with alg. cert #s 132 and 133.

So for you 'Chicken Littles' out there, the 'Sky is NOT falling'. WRT to Dual EC DRBG at least, your Blackberry Smartphone has not been unduly compromised with this particular backdoor. This is really a load of "Much Ado About Nothing" so I ask that any further commenters to stick to the facts and do their research before slagging Blackberry.
    zyben, W Hoa, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    01-20-14 03:54 PM
    Wow! What a day
    Thought it could be a quiet one and spend the afternoon fixing my broken Z10 screen.

And now what ?
    This ! ?!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140120_223533.png 
Views:	828 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	240250

And that !?!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140120_201321.jpg 
Views:	831 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	240251

I'm dancing. Silently. I just refrain to shout. Not sure I can handle it for long...
    GGGGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH.
    Ooops... sorry NOT !

Posted via CB10
    OT:

So. Do tell SF. I have a Z10 with a crack in the upper right corner of the screen. What do I need and how hard and expensive is it to fix?

A few pointers or maybe a new thread? S'il vous plait.
    01-20-14 03:57 PM
    OT:

So. Do tell SF. I have a Z10 with a crack in the upper right corner of the screen. What do I need and how hard and expensive is it to fix?

A few pointers or maybe a new thread? S'il vous plait.
    This for starters...

BlackBerry Z10 Replacement Parts

http://www.etradesupply.com/oem-blac...7-001-256.html

Plus buy this kit Ken. The video on the above link shows how to replace the LCD.

16 in 1 Kit Screwdriver Tweezer Set Versatile Repair Tools for PC PDA Phone PSP | eBay
    bungaboy, Randeman, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    01-20-14 04:56 PM
    Can't you just buy a brand new one for 200

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 05:11 PM
    Piece of cake Bunga lol aha

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-20-14 05:33 PM
113,252 ... 23662367236823692370 ...