• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well well.
    Morning Gym?
    You mean Gym Gym or the Gym?
    LoL

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Gym for OFG (old Fat guys) 10:30-11:30 am Atlantic time.
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-20-14 10:14 AM
    @Markymark 23, when it comes to BBRY, each time in the last year it went down, but BlackBerry is looked upon a little differently now with JC at the helm

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    01-20-14 10:14 AM
    WOW! Great day so far and plenty of volume in the first hour. It is hard to pin point the news that is driving this rally but it is welcome if you aren't short. I would claim the DoD news is the one driving it but we could still be seeing some residual affect from post options trading and Fridays' news. Anyway you look at it, we are challenging the long down sloping line from the $ 16.00/shr/US high made way back in May 2013. That line crosses at around $ 10.00/US today and so we are just above that at the moment with a CDN pice of $ 11.00/shr plus.

My take on all of this is that we will hold around the $ 11.00/shr mark and probably give some of it up when US trading begins tomorrow. The RSI = 82.5 today is extremely over-bought for BlackBerry and there isn't solid enough news to keep that over-bought reading going. So I would see the BBRY (US) price try to get above $ 10.00 and fail at the end of the day. This is my personal feeling and it is derived from the massive rally we have seen in the stock over the past 2 months and those 125 million shares that will flow out of that bond issue, if they try to hedge those shares the rally will stop here. That kind of dilusion might put a cap on this rally soon so just be aware of it.

So be cautious, don't expect miracles on a daily basis and let's try and hold onto a decent gain for tomorrow. GL
    01-20-14 10:15 AM
    Interesting there isn't wider spread reporting about the DoD news and more suprising is that BB hasn't issued a stement .....
    La Emperor likes this.
    01-20-14 10:15 AM
    Gym for OFG (old Fat guys) 10:30-11:30 am Atlantic time.
    Aqua fit class?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    01-20-14 10:19 AM
    Yes, I would like to know more about the DOD announcement. Are they buying any BB10 devices? Are they using BES10 to manage all the devices? How many devices are new and how many are old? This all needs to be clarified for the stock to maintain this rally when the US market opens tomorrow. Where is LCJR when we need him haha

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:39 AM
    I'm officially in the green! I was only a little bit off last Friday. What a way to start the week!

And... here... we... GO!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    JLagoon, bungaboy, Korepab and 3 others like this.
    01-20-14 10:54 AM
    Aqua fit class?

Posted via CB10
    I am big . . . . but not an Orca! LoL

It's called "Pumping Hearts" (for old farts LoL)
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    01-20-14 11:00 AM
    I need another 34 cents on the TSX to go green.

Was green for a little while though. What a nice start to the week.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-20-14 11:04 AM
    BlackBerry Shares Continue Comeback Since Foxconn Deal Announced - Canada Real Time - WSJ

What a difference a month makes.

In early December BlackBerry shares were hitting 10-year lows amid fresh rounds of pessimism about the company’s future and its next earnings results. And on December 20, when BlackBerry reported a loss of $4.4 billion, the doubters were proved right.

But with the bad news came an announcement from BlackBerry’s new chief executive, John Chen, that investors have started to rally around: the company would outsource its hardware business to Taiwan’s Foxconn Technology Group and focus entirely on services and winning back the enterprise market.

Since then, BlackBerry shares are up 45% on Nasdaq. On Friday, they climbed another 6% to $9.09 after a report from Citron Research argued that the stock was undervalued and issued a price target of $15.

There’s no stock trading in the U.S. Monday, but on the Toronto Stock Exchange Blackberry’s shares were recently up more than 11% on the back of that Citron report and other positive notes on stock blogs.

So investors are clearly encouraged by Mr. Chen’s pronouncements and some may think the stock is undervalued. Still, even Mr. Chen is trying to keep expectations low. In December he said he would be “happy” to break even on the company’s device business, adding he didn’t expect BlackBerry to be profitable until 2016.
    01-20-14 11:13 AM
    Hi all:

Great to see BB.TO today. Here are my updated charts. I was planning to post on Sunday, but remembered that Monday is a holiday for stock market in the US. Nevertheless, in the previous post, I was expecting it to break the red line on the daily chart, when it moves up. The strong close last Friday showed a tease, just above it. It still has room to go up in this cycle, so it could gap up on Tuesday as it is happening today in TSX.

The second downtrend line to break is the blue line on the daily chart. This is the one that Morgan mentioned, which started at the $16 range back in Summer of 2013.

Overall, the pennant and bull flag are confirmed with volume. I am expecting for the SP to start a new pattern for its next move to break the blue line. Congratulations to those, who are still holding, and just reached green after quite a while.

Daily chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-01-20-12.00.12-pm.png

30 minute chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-01-20-12.00.26-pm.png
    m0de25, bungaboy, zyben and 16 others like this.
    01-20-14 11:17 AM
    Good to see the positive moves for the past few weeks.
    Hope they announce the Bbm 2.0 soon, to keep the momentum going.
    Seems like finally, the street is starting to feel that the stock is undervalued, and that it has very good potential.
    A couple of upgrades now won't do any harm either
    01-20-14 11:24 AM
    Reminds me of a song . . . "Got My MoJo Workin'" LoL

We will see ups and downs but I think we are on a positive roll now.

(But, never forget what we went through in the last 12 months. Keeps one humble.)
    01-20-14 11:29 AM
    Quick question for JL and Morgan......based on both of your last posts, can I assume that the gap up on Nasdaq tomorrow will basically align the Tuesday USA price with today's CDN price??? This is a little tough for me to figure out but I must admit, it's been a fascinating run thus far and it's wonderful to see everyone here recouping what they genuinely deserve to recoup!!!

And one last question. BNN here in Canada has mentioned "short squeeze" a heck of a lot this morning. In your opinions, when a real "this is it" short squeeze hits, what do you think it'll look like??

And on another note, here's our fabulous Cdn Globe and Mail at it again. Man these people just don't stop. The article is a little technical for me, BBRY needs to respond to clarify.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...ticle16402341/
    Last edited by Markymark 23; 01-20-14 at 11:44 AM.
    01-20-14 11:33 AM
    Yes, it is delayed.

You can get live quotes through your (Canadian) brokerage.
    I have been using this to get live quotes outside of my stock trader

http://www.level2stockquotes.com/rea...ck-quotes.html

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:43 AM
    This from another thread:

Negatron MIGRATION TO BLACKBERRY 10 HAS BEGUN

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...-begun-894881/
    01-20-14 11:46 AM
    Quick question for JL and Morgan......based on both of your last posts, can I assume that the gap up on Nasdaq tomorrow will basically align the Tuesday USA price with today's CDN price??? This is a little tough for me to figure out but I must admit, it's been a fascinating run thus far and it's wonderful to see everyone here recouping what they genuinely deserve to recoup!!!

And one last question. BNN here in Canada has mentioned "short squeeze" a heck of a lot this morning. In your opinions, when a real "this is it" short squeeze hits, what do you think it'll look like??
    I expect the CDN price will back off at the opening tomorrow, depends on where we close today as we are giving up much of the gain here. It is worth mentioning that we gapped above an important Canadian milestone of the 200-dma today ( $ 10.60/shr/cdn) and that will likely become support for tomorrow. We are in the process of testing that 200-dma right now, it is mildly important that we take a stand here on a TA basis. The other point is that many are saying this is a "short covering rally" and if they are right, the shorts will step aside and the stock will fall back because this isn't, by deffinition, a "value driven rally" based upon a news event that created additional value. We will know if/when the stock closes with much of its gains today.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-january-20-2014.png

With this chart, you can see the resistance that we have cleared here. We are forming a nice channel for additional gains over time as well. We tried to create a hyper rally this morning and failed on that but we cleared important resistance along the way. The 200-dma is at $ 10.60/shr/cdn today and we are still above that level which is great. The August high, downtrend line has been given up, the $ 8,20 - $ 8.45/shr/US resistance is a distant past. We are killing off the over-bought levels with short-term pauses that refresh here. This is a major cyclical rally for BBRY. You only have to look back a year ago to see this type of rally take place. But I do warn you, we might not have a value based rally on the go here so be careful when you hope for a sustained move in the stock. I love this investment for all of 2014 and won't be selling here but I could be happier with a longer period of quiet trade and less movement in the price right now.

So to summarize, we have a great chart pattern developing here, it is over-bought at this time and if we are seeing short-covering, we could be testing new support levels like the 200-dma tomorrow. The US will open up a bit disappointing I'm afraid, but, it will try to build on the momentum here and clear more important milestones along the way. I personally want to see BBRY trade above $ 10.00/shr/US tomorrow, that's a major win for me! GL
    zyben, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 10 others like this.
    01-20-14 12:03 PM
    I saw a sudden 0.26 drop at the time of 12:46.
    What is the price now?
    01-20-14 12:04 PM
    I saw a sudden 0.26 drop at the time of 12:46.
    What is the price now?
    Go to Yahoo Finance and type in BB.TO to look at the inter-day trading chart. Even though it is delayed by 15 minutes, you can see what has happened. The stock have made a move toward support at the 200-dma and bounced off it so far. The 200-dma is at $ 10.60/shr/cdn and we are back up to $ 10.83/shr/cdn right now. The volume has also dried up so there isn't much stock for sale at these higher price levels. The "ask" is so weak that the shorts will have to take it higher to cover any additional shares today so that's good news in itself. Unless shorts take another run at it this afternoon, we are going to trend sideways for a couple of hours here.
    rarsen, bungaboy, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-20-14 12:13 PM

So to summarize, we have a great chart pattern developing here, it is over-bought at this time and if we are seeing short-covering, we could be testing new support levels like the 200-dma tomorrow. The US will open up a bit disappointing I'm afraid, but, it will try to build on the momentum here and clear more important milestones along the way. I personally want to see BBRY trade above $ 10.00/shr/US tomorrow, that's a major win for me! GL
    Thanks so much Morgan!! Would you consider adopting me??
    01-20-14 12:14 PM

And on another note, here's our fabulous Cdn Globe and Mail at it again. Man these people just don't stop. The article is a little technical for me, BBRY needs to respond to clarify.

The strange connection between the NSA and an Ontario tech firm - The Globe and Mail
    Hi Markymark:

I think, BBRY has had a few mini short squeezes, after the December ER. We have been wishing for type of short squeeze similar to Tesla, and Netflix. I don't think, this kind of short squeeze will happen with BBRY. Unless, there is a huge news release, bigger than the Foxconn deal, or a profitable quarter to surprise everyone or a surge of buying activities from new or existing shareholders. There are still plenty of shorts that have not covered nevertheless. I estimate that their average is around $11 - $12.
    morganplus8, Corbu, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    01-20-14 12:22 PM
    Hi Markymark:

I think, BBRY has had a few mini short squeezes, after the December ER. We have been wishing for type of short squeeze similar to Tesla, and Netflix. I don't think, this kind of short squeeze will happen with BBRY. Unless, there is a huge news release, bigger than the Foxconn deal, or a profitable quarter to surprise everyone or a surge of buying activities from new or existing shareholders. There are still plenty of shorts that have not covered nevertheless. I estimate that their average is around $11 - $12.
    And thanks JL. It's what I thought and to me, BNN seemed to be making more of it than what it actually was (is).
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-20-14 12:26 PM
    That article seems quite valid in regards to asking questions. I posted something recently wondering what would happen if news broke that the BlackBerry code was cracked. I really don't think it's impossible that there is something to the story. One has to be a fool to blindly assume that BlackBerry is without a doubt immune to influence from the NSA, or US government in general. A counter consideration though would be why the US government wouldn't have been quietly supporting BlackBerry over the last few years if they had a perfect hotline into government communication around the world - one that everyone thought safe. It's a sticky one...i suppose we have to hope that there's nothing to it?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 12:33 PM
    Have a look at the Level II quotes coming in, you'll see some very nice bids taking place at this level.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-january-20a-2014.png

See how lopsided the bids are? If there ever were a margin call on shorts, you would see thousands of these all day. They had better be careful.

"Shorts, govern yourselves accordingly".
    jxnb, JLagoon, anamar_97 and 6 others like this.
    01-20-14 12:35 PM
    Have a look at the Level II quotes coming in, you'll see some very nice bids taking place at this level.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY Chart January 20a 2014.png 
Views:	724 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	240200

See how lopsided the bids are? If there ever were a margin call on shorts, you would see thousands of these all day. They had better be careful.

"Shorts, govern yourselves accordingly".
    Hey Morgan I know you think we will lose some of this gain but do you think this wont push shorts to cover tomorrow
    01-20-14 12:41 PM
113,256 ... 23652366236723682369 ...