View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I expect some BS news articles to bash BlackBerry some more. I also don't see a hard short squeeze just yet. There is lots of money at stake from short side.
    I still can't believe that how much media can lie and get away with it. How many blackberry vs world's defence departments bs stories went on for months.
    A friend of mine on a business here in Canada, most of his business is in HK. He still does business on 9900 but carries a note 3 with him. Playing with z30 he said he wont have to keep two devices any more.
    He also thought blackberry was going out of business according to the media people. And blackberry new phones were Sh...t.
    After playing with z30 for few minutes all of a sudden he has a totally different opinion about the blackberry phone and BS Of the media.
    I am sure this is happening with other people too.
    Bully nature of media is the worst enemy of the society in general. I know in certain countries media is the worst for bullying the politicians and taking bribes despite the facts that politicians in those countries are the most dangerous people in the world.
    Having said all of that, I like that media is almost being forced to make somewhat better call about blackberry. Just like the religious God, media also want to be on the "right" side of the prediction.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    01-19-14 11:14 AM
    Unless Chen goes Heins and starts making promises they have no clue of how they can implement, I'd suspect confidence will continue to grow as the drips we're seeing become a trickle, and then a thin stream. Going outside and getting someone that isn't a 'fan' first to run things was the biggest thing that started the confidence turnaround. It surprised a lot of people when they expected doom and gloom and got a BlackBerry cream pie in the face.
    Sometimes it's just too easy that I feel the lack of comment should suffice lol
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 01-19-14 at 04:10 PM.
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-19-14 11:15 AM
    Hey sidhuk,

I don't think we will ever see a hard short squeeze. I think that most of the shorts have been covering already. Next report i think we will see another 30-40 million have covered

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-19-14 11:27 AM
    Hey sidhuk,
    I don't think we will ever see a hard short squeeze. I think that most of the shorts have been covering already. Next report i think we will see another 30-40 million have covered
    Posted via CB10
    I don't want a short squeeze. Because it'll be - again - an artificial valuation of the company and $BBRY will return to volatility and gamble.
    Let's get back to the fair book value ($12-16 Billions ?) valuation for now and add some prospective valuation as things goes (hopefully, well ) afterwards.
    $BBRY stock must reflect company value and performance, not "drive" the performance ... as it has been for years now.
    01-19-14 12:11 PM
    I found this awesome pic on BlackBerry Middle East's Twitter feed:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000888.png

Zee Z30 posted thiz
    01-19-14 12:23 PM
    I found this awesome pic on BlackBerry Middle East's Twitter feed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000888.png 
Views:	803 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	239873

Zee Z30 posted thiz
    I hope BlackBerry will be able to shock the mobile world with a groundbreaking new mobile phone ability this year - it really would be nice to be able to leave the laptop at home...anyway, 2014 already seems much nicer than most of last year...

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:06 PM
    I agree I don't want a huge short squeeze. I think a fair value for BlackBerry today is 15 dollars a share

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:13 PM
    I don't want a short squeeze. Because it'll be - again - an artificial valuation of the company and $BBRY will return to volatility and gamble.
    Come on, SF!
    Life IS a roller coaster ride. I'd say hang on tight and let her rip!
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-19-14 01:16 PM
    I hope BlackBerry will be able to shock the mobile world with a groundbreaking new mobile phone ability this year - it really would be nice to be able to leave the laptop at home...anyway, 2014 already seems much nicer than most of last year...

Posted via CB10
    Indeed...I'm certain it's as simple as a great cloud expieriance coupled to a micro HDMI or Miracast feed but that works for me....would allow a significant amount of presentations, briefs etc. to get accomplished with just the device....all securely of course.

Zee Z30 posted thiz
    01-19-14 01:17 PM
    Would you guys buy a Z30 off kijiji? im so tempted
    sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    01-19-14 02:34 PM
    Maybe...get the carrier and ser#, call and make sure not stolen.

Zee Z30 posted thiz
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    01-19-14 03:01 PM
    Maybe...get the carrier and ser#, call and make sure not stolen.

Zee Z30 posted thiz
    Yeah, as long as the bases are covered, it's a fairly reasonable thing to do, some folks buy and trade phones frequently, and kijiji is just one source of finding good deals if one is cautious.
    01-19-14 04:07 PM
    Ya, outside of a few misses, he is pretty remarkable at finding companies to short.

I didn't look into his long picks. Did you see anything on those during your search?

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    In this SA article BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry rallies; Citron thinks shares are worth at least $15 - Seeking Alpha, in the comments section, someone mentioned that SOHU was a Citron long pick also, and its pretty much doubled.
    01-19-14 04:38 PM
    Do due diligence and you should be fine. I got one off Craigslist in December, it was a good deal and is working perfectly.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    01-19-14 04:42 PM
    Come on, SF!
    Life IS a roller coaster ride. I'd say hang on tight and let her rip!
    I'm too old for that lol.
    I believe a short squeeze will bump the stock but could make it dive right after. Nothing but artificial pump and dump like situation.
    Not good, because any move from Chen is going to be bashed by shorts... and we've had a snapshot of their power already.
    Keep the noise as far as possible... standing in a warm shadow is what $BBRY needs until next ER, IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:05 PM
    In this SA article BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry rallies; Citron thinks shares are worth at least $15 - Seeking Alpha, in the comments section, someone mentioned that SOHU was a Citron long pick also, and its pretty much doubled.
    I found one of their other long picks (not cherry-picking just the only one I've come upon so far) It was MOVE on the Nasdaq. Back in May they put a $17 target on it. At the time it was just over 10.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    bungaboy, erbby, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    01-19-14 05:32 PM
    Keep the noise as far as possible... standing in a warm shadow is what $BBRY needs until next ER, IMHO.
    I am with SF on this one. As of tomorrow, JC will have been at the helm for 11 weeks. Give us another 41 weeks of periodically announced solid news (BBM, BES, Enterprise, Jakarta, QNX, etc.), swift action and astute media presence and we should see this ship starting to head in the right direction. There is yet a lot of work to do and execution matters. But, if we go by what has been accomplished since Nov. 4, we have reasons to be optimistic and to believe that some of the lustre of this Company can yet be restored. Execute well, be calm and steady for a while... The rest will take care of itself.

What we need is for JC to remain in good health and to act as the emergency room doctor he recently alluded to. The patient is not out of the woods yet, but he's already starting to feel better. We'll all soon drink to his regained health... and we'll uncork the Champagne in Paris or Tokyo when he reaches 100!
    01-19-14 06:44 PM
    Extracted the BlackBerry part from a Times of India article on PW:

In a similar move, Watsa has placed his bets on BlackBerry, whose market value has plunged from $80 billion in 2008 to $4 billion now. Though he later withdrew the $4.7-billion buyout bid, he continues to be optimistic about the future of BlackBerry and has been investing in its debt offerings, providing much-needed cash for the handset maker. Fairfax is BlackBerry's largest shareholder and had brought on board John Chen, credited with turning around Sybase, a mobile software company, as CEO. "BlackBerry is an iconic brand. It has got tarnished a little. You guys too have heard about me because of BlackBerry," beamed Watsa flashing his BlackBerry Z30. "The brand should not compete head-on with Apple and Android in the consumer market, but has advantages in the enterprise market and the new leadership is focusing on that," said the sexagenarian, also known as the 'Warren Buffett of Canada'.
    We don't think of next polls while investing: Prem Watsa - The Times of India
    01-19-14 09:30 PM
    Don't look now...best performing Tech stock in North America in 2014 is.........

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1390190718249_171131.jpeg
    (Edit) So far, as in...to date.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 01-20-14 at 06:03 AM.
    01-19-14 10:08 PM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1954...ticle_readmore

Contrarian long-term BUY with a target price of $17.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 04:46 AM
    Happy monday gang :
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/01/blackberry-expected-to-be-the-pentagons-device-of-choice/

According to the reports, the Pentagon is apparently looking to roll out 80,000 BlackBerry handsets to its employees starting on the 31st of January. However they also do plan on having some variety and will give out around 1,800 iOS and Android devices as well. The Pentagon also reportedly has plans to hit 100,000 users by the end of the fiscal year, meaning that there is still chance for BlackBerry to push its product to the Pentagon before then. Of course BlackBerry will need more than 100,000 units at the Pentagon to stay in business, but it is a pretty promising start to 2014 and who knows, perhaps other agencies and businesses might follow suit.
    I LOOOOVE that !!!!

edit : do you read the 1,800 iOS and Android device will be under BES10 like I do ?
    01-20-14 05:26 AM
    Happy monday gang :
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/01/blackberry-expected-to-be-the-pentagons-device-of-choice/

I LOOOOVE that !!!!

edit : do you read the 1,800 iOS and Android device will be under BES10 like I do ?
    I have to admit that I am confused by this.

I thought all these devices were already "in use" but they were being enrolled in BES10 or the new pilot program on that date.

I hope I am wrong.
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    01-20-14 05:38 AM

I thought all these devices were already "in use" but they were being enrolled in BES10 or the new pilot program on that date.

I hope I am wrong.
    Given the 01/31 date ... yet we have to consider the "roll out" which is by nature later than buy ...
    01-20-14 05:40 AM

I hope I am wrong.
    Today, DISA�s mobility program supports 1,800 unclassified mobile devices including iPad 3 and 4, iPhone 4S and 5, Samsung 10.1 tablets and Samsung 3S, and Motorola RAZR devices. However, BlackBerry devices still dominate the DoD landscape, considering the mobility program supports 80,000 BlackBerry smartphones.

Pentagon to launch mobile management rollout Jan. 31 | Federal Times | federaltimes.com
    01-20-14 05:51 AM
    Today, DISA’s mobility program supports 1,800 unclassified mobile devices including iPad 3 and 4, iPhone 4S and 5, Samsung 10.1 tablets and Samsung 3S, and Motorola RAZR devices. However, BlackBerry devices still dominate the DoD landscape, considering the mobility program supports 80,000 BlackBerry smartphones.

Pentagon to launch mobile management rollout Jan. 31 | Federal Times | federaltimes.com
    This is what confuses me. From another article.

"DISA will support BlackBerry devices with the existing [Blackberry Enterprise Server]. During the transition period, DISA is not provisioning new iOS/Android users on the existing server," Pentagon spokesman Damien Pickart said in an email. "We are delaying provisioning of those devices until the [mobile device management] environment is ready in Jan 2014. We will provision new devices as rapidly as possible starting in January 2014."
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-20-14 06:19 AM
113,256 ... 23612362236323642365 ...