427 37.82%
    Ahahaha green equals pink Ahahah

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-18-14 11:44 AM
    And in turn, he'll be in the pink

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahahaha.

Black cards, Black cars - all BlackBerry-thing!
    01-18-14 12:14 PM
    BlackBerrys Will Make Up 98% of Mobile Devices on New Defensewide System

A Pentagon system intended to secure a mix of brand name smartphones for warfighters will primarily support BlackBerrys when the tool starts launching later this month, according to Defense Department officials.

About 80,000 BlackBerrys and 1,800 Defense-owned Apple and Android-based phones and tablets will begin being hooked up to the new management system on Jan. 31, officials announced on Friday.

A transition from tethered workstation computers to mobile information access that began in 2012 is contingent on this system functioning. The $16 million project aims to ensure users -- potentially 300,000 of them � don�t compromise military data on their phones or corrupt defense networks when on-the-go.

Popular devices expected to go online include the iPad 3 and 4, iPhone 4S and 5, Samsung 10.1 tablets and Samsung 3S, and Motorola RAZR devices.

"The new year will bring new mobile capabilities to as many as 100,000 DoD users," Pentagon officials said in a statement. "DoD will begin deploying version 1.0 of the unclassified mobility capability Jan. 31 and will build out capacity to support up to 100,000 users by the end of the fiscal year."

At the end of the month, users of the mobile device management system will have access to an app store, support for Defense encryption keys, and several departmentwide services, including enterprise email and Defense Connect Online.

Around May, the Pentagon will add a business software package so that users can edit Word documents and other Microsoft Office files.

There currently are 16 apps available, and 90 programs under evaluation.

DISA did not test the system before awarding a contract for installation to DMI last year, according to Defense officials. Questions have been raised about the ability to deploy one part that protects email and Web browsing under an aggressive timeline without short-changing security.

Last year, some military members working off Apple and Android electronics had to revert to older model BlackBerrys because of the system changeover. At the time, Pentagon spokesman Damien Pickart said in an email. "We are delaying provisioning of those devices until the [mobile device management] environment is ready in Jan 2014. We will provision new devices as rapidly as possible starting in January 2014."

BlackBerrys Will Make Up 98% of Mobile Devices on New Defensewide System - Nextgov.com
    01-18-14 12:29 PM
    blackberrys will make up 98% of mobile devices on new defensewide system

[/url]
    boom shaka lak
    01-18-14 12:36 PM
    Holy ****tt

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    01-18-14 12:37 PM
    Ooooo.....shorts are going to feel it on Monday

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-18-14 12:47 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-shorts.jpg

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    01-18-14 12:54 PM
    I'm unclear on what this means. The article doesn't explicitly say that the military is purchasing 80,000 BlackBerry devices. We may have to wait and see how this one pans out...

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 12:55 PM
    Lol...I doubled and made out very well on the run up from 8 to 17 and change...sold half to lock in profit...my wife on the other hand...she bought at 18.21... and I haven't heard the end of it since lol.
    So... 18.21 is my magic number for peace and harmony around my house

Zee Z30 posted thiz
    FIFY

So... 18.21 is my magic number for a piece and harmony around my house
    01-18-14 12:59 PM
    The markets are closed Monday the tax will be open for business tho

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 01:10 PM
    FIFY

So... 18.21 is my magic number for a piece and harmony around my house
    I bought in at 18.14 or something very similar to your wife. However, I sold at 9 and bought back straight away on the TSX so I'm in one of those predicaments too lol.
    01-18-14 01:33 PM
    The news of 80k BlackBerrys is for legacy devices. It is the implementation of a $16 million contract let a few months back. It is for unclassified devices.

DISA Announces Initial Release v1.0 of DoD Unclassified Mobility Capability

FORT GEORGE G. MEADE, Md. – The new year will bring new mobile capabilities to as many as 100,000 DOD users.

DOD will begin deploying version 1.0 of the unclassified mobility capability Jan. 31 and will build out capacity to support up to 100,000 users by the end of the fiscal year.

In the 11 months since the announcement of the DOD Mobility Implementation Plan, DISA as the lead agency for the DoD Mobility Capability has made substantial progress toward delivering unclassified mobile capability to the Department of Defense.

The program currently supports 1,800 unclassified mobile devices including iPad 3 and 4, iPhone 4S and 5, Samsung 10.1 tablets and Samsung 3S, and Motorola RAZR devices with participation from the combatant commands, services, and agencies throughout DOD. The program also supports 80,000 BlackBerry phones.

By Jan. 31, DOD Mobility Unclassified Capability users in DISA will begin the phased transition to initial release 1.0 capabilities including the mobile device management system,
    DISA Press Release
    bungaboy, rarsen, take99 and 3 others like this.
    01-18-14 02:36 PM
    Back in 2011 a contributor to SA compiled the results of short position picks from Citron's head, Andrew Left.

The results are in the table below or check the link for the article. If this is accurate I wouldn't want to be in his sights.
    A Comprehensive Scorecard for Citron Research - Seeking Alpha
    For those who skipped the tiny print in the image earlier, I dug through it a bit.

This Citron guy is good at picking stuff to short, but he missed in a very few cases. Although most of his picks ended up out of business (i.e. -100%), his biggest miss actually went up 273% (Life Time Fitness). He'd predicted problems resulting from cash flow issues, but that didn't happen.

Here's his second biggest miss: Fairfax Financial. He apparently had concerns about their corporate structure but they went up 246% (over what appears to be more than five years).

For those who have been under a rock, Fairfax is basically our buddy Prem Watsa, who put in place BlackBerry's new CEO John Chen...
    01-18-14 04:27 PM
    Ya, outside of a few misses, he is pretty remarkable at finding companies to short.

I didn't look into his long picks. Did you see anything on those during your search?

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    bungaboy, rarsen and bondary like this.
    01-18-14 04:47 PM
    Interesting days.

I am both sad and happy at myself that I didn't buy at 6 because I showed discipline, which is good, but I could have had half the average.

Anyway I stick to what I said. My average is 15. I think we shouldn?t have a problem getting there if the turnaround continues.

If they do this all, I don't see why the 100 dollar party is a crazy idea.

Don't want to get too greedy, but thinking of buying more.
    DoD announcement would be great.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 05:58 PM
    Pretty good work being done at the Ottawa Rehabilitation Centre:
    Ottawa rehab doctor uses BlackBerry 10 phone to measure patients improvements | IT Business

Well done!
    Very nice, I'll be passing this on to my rehab doctor and physio therapist.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    01-19-14 12:20 AM
    Very good article here. It's nothing we don't know already.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1953...ticle_readmore

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 03:40 AM
    Opening the Home Automation Front to Google’s Data Mining using Nest, for the technically inclined...

Google and Home Energy Information | The Energy Collective
    01-19-14 07:30 AM
    I didn't look into his long picks. Did you see anything on those during your search?
    I didn't. I think that article focused solely on his shorts, so I have no idea what he does with long picks, if he ever does anything. (Was this the guy who recently in effect said BBRY is now a long pick? I've been a bit busy elsewhere to keep track.)
    01-19-14 08:54 AM
    Yup that's exactly the situation.

At the time of that 2011 SA article he had only given one long recommendation to date.

If I get a moment I'll have a search.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-19-14 09:13 AM
    Nothing really interesting here but for the fact that we have been witnessing a slow and progressive change in the nature of some headlines recently. The definitive "company is dead" pronouncements are being replaced by question marks as to its future. We are making some progress! Granted, it's all anecdotal evidence but still...

Blackberry’s Misery Finally Stopping?

What?! You can even find some kudos in there! I thought the festive gift-giving season had ended...

BlackBerry is certainly not out of the woods yet with so many obstacles to overcome in 2014. As shown in recent sales, the darling of Canada�s technology industry is still in a fight in the smartphone market. There is still no denying that Blackberry has been beneficial to the competition and both businesses and regular consumers in the last decade with all their innovative technology.
    01-19-14 09:31 AM
    Monday? Shorts squeeze day!
    01-19-14 09:45 AM
    I always liked Mexico. Holidayed there last winter. BlackBerry Owns 26.9% of Mexico’s Smartphone Market Share According to CIU Study – NerdBerry Also with that recent DoD news, hopefully causes some stress for the short sellers, especially with the holiday in the US. Wondering, can short sellers trade on other exchanges, or would they have to sweat an extra day if something good happened tomorrow?
    01-19-14 10:08 AM
    Monday? Shorts squeeze day!
    I don't think you will see a squeeze on this stock unless there is a sudden dramatic piece of news that indicated BlackBerry will see a profit next quarter. You will see a slow and steady short exit provided the sentiment remains positive.

CB10'n it via da Z
    01-19-14 10:48 AM
    Unless Chen goes Heins and starts making promises they have no clue of how they can implement, I'd suspect confidence will continue to grow as the drips we're seeing become a trickle, and then a thin stream. Going outside and getting someone that isn't a 'fan' first to run things was the biggest thing that started the confidence turnaround. It surprised a lot of people when they expected doom and gloom and got a BlackBerry cream pie in the face.
    01-19-14 11:10 AM
113,250 ... 23602361236223632364 ...