View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    A relatively unknown entity releasing a speculative report can't be the reason for the run. It makes no sense, we are up over 5% on the TSX right now!
    01-17-14 12:33 PM
    If we can hold this 9.00 +0.44 that would be a great start to the weekend
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    01-17-14 12:33 PM
    Interesting report just came out. A group called Citron research who are new to me.

PDF file:

http://www.citronresearch.com/wp-con...bbry-final.pdf
    Nice.

"It is Citron’s opinion that it is suicidal to bet against well-capitalized strong
    management in the enterprise mobile space. It’s just our honest opinion that once
    conservative valuations against Blackberry’s very viable and highly legitimate enterprise
    technology businesses are in place, this stock could easily double."
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-17-14 12:38 PM
    Up 22% on HALO, to get out or not. Only 200 shares so no benefit to selling covered calls.........
    SPHS up 11%, Morgan, you rock!!
    Been busy so checking in intermittently.

What the heck is going on today eh?!
    I was going to sell one of my other positions too (up 13% so far today)...decisions... LOL
    Otech#CB, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    01-17-14 12:38 PM
    A relatively unknown entity releasing a speculative report can't be the reason for the run. It makes no sense, we are up over 5% on the TSX right now!
    I wrote earlier in the week that I thought we were into an option play. BBRY was sitting at $8.37 at the time. I still think it's an option play.

The report is not could be moving this stock.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 01-17-14 at 01:35 PM.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and slipstream89 like this.
    01-17-14 12:40 PM
    I'm making a gamble this is an unsubstantiated bump and sold off my shares to lock in my profits.

Will buy back in assuming the stock does it's usual Friday late afternoon dive.
    01-17-14 12:43 PM
    http://berryflow.com/citron-research...ks-15-minimum/

Looks like I seen it coming for quite a while now.
    01-17-14 12:48 PM
    Interesting report just came out. A group called Citron research who are new to me.

PDF file:

http://www.citronresearch.com/wp-con...bbry-final.pdf

You beat me at it ... now watch towards the moon !!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Otech#CB, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    01-17-14 12:50 PM
    You beat me at it ... now watch towards the moon !!!
    And me! I've called it since I invested when they were @ 6.49 and dropping.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-17-14 12:52 PM
    Stop squeezing the lemon (citron in French), read the Citron !
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-17-14 12:53 PM
    And me! I've called it since I invested when they were @ 6.49 and dropping.
    Nice call
    rarsen and Otech#CB like this.
    01-17-14 12:54 PM
    I'm making a gamble this is an unsubstantiated bump and sold off my shares to lock in my profits.

Will buy back in assuming the stock does it's usual Friday late afternoon dive.
    Well, you got your profits ... so you can wait ... I guess.
    01-17-14 12:55 PM
    01-17-14 12:57 PM
    Citron Research Wiki:

Andrew Left (born July 9, 1970, in Detroit Michigan) is a notable[1][2] activist short seller and author and editor of the online investment newsletter Citron Research, formerly StockLemon.com. Founded in 2001, StockLemon.com changed its name to Citron Research in April 2007.[3] Citron Research provides critical, short-focused stock market commentary. Left researches and short sells companies he believes to be engaged in fraud, have been suspiciously promoted, or have been mistakenly overpriced by the stock market.[4][5][6][7]

A 2011 profile of Left in the Financial Times said “The acerbic Mr. Left relies on a keen nose for sniffing out problem companies.”[8]

The Financial Times and other business publications have reported on Left’s notable predictive accuracy.[4][8] A number of companies he has reported on were subsequently subjected to regulatory or law enforcement intervention, often resulting in steep drops in stock prices.[2]

Left has been featured as an expert commentator in a variety of media outlets, including Barron’s,[9] CNBC,[10][11][12] and CNNMoney.[13] Citron Research's report predicting the finding of financial fraud at Longtop Financial Technologies is cited in a 2011 Harvard Business School Case Study.[14]

In 2012, Left was a panelist at Columbia Business School's China Business Conference.[15]

Andrew Left - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    bungaboy, rarsen, Randeman and 3 others like this.
    Well, you got your profits ... so you can wait ... I guess.
    Who knows if it will come back down? I am entirely speculating on past behaviour here.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    Want. Bbry to get back to $7.99. Want more and didn't jump when I should have.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 01:03 PM
    BBRY rallies just before Wolf of Wall Street begins. This must be a good sign!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140117_190637_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    zyben, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    01-17-14 01:07 PM
    Wow, now see the abstract in S.A mail alert ... walawalawala !
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry rallies; Citron thinks shares are worth at least $15 - Seeking Alpha
    BlackBerry rallies; Citron thinks shares are worth at least $15

Jan 17 2014, 13:27
    Short-seller Citron Research, the bane of many a growth stock investor, considers BlackBerry (BBRY +4.6%) an unappreciated value play.
    • Citron highlights new chairman/CEO John Chen's success at turning around Sybase (sold for $5.2B to SAP), and declares his early moves - the Foxconn deal, focusing on enterprise software/services - have "significantly de-risked BlackBerry's balance sheet."
    • The firm also considers BES 10 to be well-positioned in a fast-growing mobile device management (MDM) software market - it points out BES 10's Google Play rating (4.0/5) beats that of rivals Good Technologies, AirWatch, and MobileIron - and that government support remains healthy due to BlackBerry's security expertise.
    • Also mentioned: The value of BlackBerry's patent portfolio; the popularity of the QNX OS in the automotive market (200+ vehicle wins); BBM's growth since arriving on Android and iOS; and a 36M-share drop in short interest from Dec. 15 to Dec. 31 to 107M (suggests a short-squeeze is in play).
    • Citron's report (.pdf)

Run shorty, RUN !!!
    And I'm ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1932869_o.jpg
    Otech#CB, bungaboy, W Hoa and 2 others like this.
    01-17-14 01:07 PM
    Attachment 239386

this is gotta hurt?
    La petite pills bleu? LoL
    sidhuk, Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    01-17-14 01:13 PM
    This is why the general public and analyst is lost on this play. Such a fixation on the phones.

I'm pretty sure BlackBerry isn't trumpeting the phones as the winning variable in this press release.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-17-14 01:22 PM
    La petite pills bleu? LoL
    yellow/Beige works better and longer. LoL
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-17-14 01:24 PM
    i know this may have posted here again but i like it so much.

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) are up 45 cents, over 5%, at $9.01, after the stock got a thumbs up this afternoon from the most unlikely of places, notorious short sellers Citron Research, who argue today that short sellers are misguided in their negativism on the smartphone maker.

“As a short seller, nothing creates a better investment opportunity than a heavily shorted stock based on a flawed thesis,” write the Citron team.

Citron argues short-sellers are still fixated on the company’s defeat in the smartphone market at the hands of Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOG), but that they need to “get over it.”

What makes the situation more interesting is the incredible amount of unwarranted bearishness coming from Wall Street analysts. Virtually every major Wall Street firm currently has a Hold or Sell on the stock, based on the same substantially flawed analysis.

Instead, the firm argues CEO John Chen, installed in November, has significantly de-risked the balance sheet of the company, an improvement that is not reflected in media coverage of a failing handset maker:

The new strategy — eliminating device inventory risks and refocusing on enterprise software business — has already significantly de-risked Blackberry’s balance sheet. Street estimates of its cash position outlook in the future largely portray the company stabilizing its cash flow within the next few quarters. RBC, for example, sees Blackberry stabilizing its cash position in the 3rd quarter of fiscal 2015, which is three quarters from now. While investors are bombarded on a daily basis with media articles about the struggling handset maker as if the Company was going to fall apart any day, the reality is it has a healthy balance sheet, with ample liquidity to execute its turnaround strategy and make the necessary investments for growth.

The authors lambast various “misperception” examples, including an article by BusinessWeek‘s Joshua Brustein yesterday — “the journalist ridiculed Blackberry’s recent press release of selling 1,000 BB 10 devices and further emphasized the fact that at its peak, Blackberry sold 7,000 phones per hour — and they attack a report by Citigroup‘s Ehud Gelblum‘s December 10 initiationof coverage with a Sell rating, writing “Again, the analyst’s focus here is still on BB10 devices and has yet to manage to realize Blackberry today is an enterprise software play. Why? It’s because the Citi research analyst covers Communication Equipment rather than Enterprise Software.”

The authors write that all these parties are missing “The New BlackBerry,” a software company:

It is going to be an enterprise software company with focus on mobile device management solutions and other potential mobile enterprise software opportunities. The Blackberry today is a fundamentally different company from the old Blackberry that investors were familiar with just a short few months ago before John Chen stepped in.

After lauding BlackBerry’s “BES” device management software, its “BBM” group-messaging application, and its ”QNX“ embedded operating system, the authors argue for the value of the company’s patent holdings:

Analysts have pegged different value on Blackberry’s patent portfolio, ranging from $1 billion to $3 billion. The company was ranked 20th in number of US patent approval for 2013 with 1334 patents approved over the course of the year. Its market capitalization today is a small fraction of virtually every single one of the companies ranked in top 30.

In conclusion, the authors cite this as one of their rare long positions:

Our readers will know that Citron does not undertake a long position in any stock often. And when we do recommend a stock, it is with a reason. (For example, we tweeted about APOL below 20 (after having exposed its major regulatory vulnerability in 2009 when it was over 80), MOVE at 11 in May 2013, WUBA at 24 in October, ATHM below 30 in December. We shared our SOHU valuation analysis writeup (March and August 2012, when the stock was in the 40’s). These positions have stood the test of time respectably. It is Citron’s opinion that Blackberry shorts would be well served to update their research. (Many already have: short interest has fallen from over 32.2% in mid-November, to appx 20.7% as of 12/31/13.) It is Citron’s opinion that it is suicidal to bet against well-capitalized strong management in the enterprise mobile space. It’s just our honest opinion that once conservative valuations against Blackberry’s very viable and highly legitimate enterprise technology businesses are in place, this stock could easily double. The anticipated 2014 IPO’s of much less firmly-rooted competitors will only serve to bolster this thesis. Of course … as always … “Cautious investing to all” … long or short.
    01-17-14 01:29 PM
    01-17-14 01:38 PM
    While my photoshop was still open (after this weird mockup) ... enjoy and share, my friends !
    Please note the volumes, too

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-googleplaystore20140117.png
    01-17-14 01:44 PM
    yellow/Beige works better and longer. LoL
    How long do you need?
    I just turned 40, so just planing ahead (no pun intended).
    sidhuk, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-17-14 01:48 PM
113,256 ... 23562357235823592360 ...