Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    only 300 less than apple... impressive for a "dying" company
    01-15-14 02:02 PM
    WOW! Even us "shorts" are making good money today! A pleasant surprise!
    Shanerredflag and BergerKing like this.
    01-15-14 02:38 PM
    on other news ...
    just got my BES10 in the cloud trial account activated.
    Now my Z30 has two lives !

Not sure as of date of what I must keep under embargo so I can't say much besides ...
    It's easy as breathing to enroll the device !

I'll report about it in another thread but gang, you deserved the *breaking* !

Must quit my screen, have a nice evening and see you 2morrow !
    SF

edit: if you see a picture, I'm not supposed to have it posted (thought I deleted it but it was still here in attachment). Please see it and then forget it (refresh). Do not distribute or I may burn in hell.
    Great news. Let's hope everyone else has as smooth an experience as you did.

Thank you for sharing what you can.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-15-14 02:44 PM
    You should know
    Attachment 238844

LoL 9 time out of 10 people don't show that information.
    Superfly_FR and sidhuk like this.
    01-15-14 03:37 PM
    What the F is going on these days? A positive article from BGR.
    What BlackBerry?s Z30 does better than any other smartphone http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBo...3/shOjO77x7-M/

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    01-15-14 03:37 PM
    OT: Investors Buy Nestor Not Nest - Business Insider! LMAO

Oh, and the Wolf on Wall-street was a great flick... And quite funny
    Last edited by Kid Vibe; 01-15-14 at 04:01 PM.
    01-15-14 03:46 PM
    Google in trouble again and this time in Canada. Any guesses as to why? You guessed it.... PRIVACY...

Google broke Canada’s privacy laws with targeted health ads, watchdog says - The Globe and Mail
    01-15-14 04:05 PM
    What the F is going on these days? A positive article from BGR.
    What BlackBerry?s Z30 does better than any other smartphone BlackBerry Z30 typing analysis: still better than any other | BGR

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    Kind of a BGR rehash of the Wired story we had last week. Asleep at the switch, but at least they acknowledged it.
    01-15-14 04:56 PM
    Apologies if already posted.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/video/is...EC_SQzS2A.html

Posted from my perfect Z30 device
    01-15-14 05:02 PM
    The SP is consolidating nicely. Earlier today in a conference, someone next to me is a Z10 user. I must say, it still looks like a sleek phone after a year later, and the screen is sharp.

My Z30 will be here next week.
    01-15-14 05:03 PM
    Apologies if already posted.

Is the BlackBerry Officially Dead?

The more I hear this guy speak, the more I really don't like him and am more than a tad happy he didn't get a chance to bid on BB. He's sucking Apples clock and it just seems like now that he's missed out on BB, he's looking to be acquired or partner with them.
    Corbu likes this.
    01-15-14 05:25 PM
    The more I hear this guy speak, the more I really don't like him and am more than a tad happy he didn't get a chance to bid on BB. He's sucking Apples clock and it just seems like now that he's missed out on BB, he's looking to be acquired or partner with them.
    Agree...the word "greasy" comes to mind lol

Anyway...decent day today :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000879.png

01-15-14 05:32 PM
    Lucky me that I don't have to hear this guy speak. Reading the title is enough for me already...
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-15-14 05:32 PM
    Wasn't that bad lol. He defiantly has an agenda though.

cjcampbell, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-15-14 05:38 PM
    Yes he definitely has a agenda and still seems to be playing his cards close to his chest

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-15-14 05:46 PM
    The SP is consolidating nicely. Earlier today in a conference, someone next to me is a Z10 user. I must say, it still looks like a sleek phone after a year later, and the screen is sharp.

My Z30 will be here next week.
    You will absolutely love the Z30!!! Load 10.2.1.1925 and be amazed.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    01-15-14 05:54 PM
    Well, I've had a few and since gold is in a very interesting stage, I thought I'd touch on it again. Today it dropped back below the 50-dma which it tried to clear and hold the last two days. Like Friday, it got pinned between this and the 20-ema. I'm going to put up two charts... one is a continuation of my previous one that I posted the other day, and the other is a second scenario that could play out. If the second plays out, and seeing as we are past the "strong" gold season I can't see why not, we'll be seeing the high 1100's again.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot-12-.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot-15-.png
    01-15-14 06:21 PM
    Found this : How to Buy and Sell Shares in Bursa Malaysia? : 1-million-dollar-blog
    Appears to me that this is the minimal (100) number to buy for stocks traded AT Malaysian market.
    Should not apply to (foreign) shares traded on Nasdaq or Torronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
    Yeap, this is correct. I'm just drawing an example for my country. Its a mechanism that was devised way back then to stop peasants and low wage earners to do low volume contras and whatnot (I have no idea about stocks, I find them funny) so it stopped a lot of low wage earners from making contras (something like buy in big bulks without paying upfront, and just pay the difference in the values) in numbers small enough. More like a detterence scheme.

But thanks for pointing out the difference though! I'm gonna poke around further.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    01-15-14 06:58 PM
    BlackBerry could use this:
    Maybe along with some TAT tech to come?

Eat it samsung.
    01-15-14 08:36 PM
    First things first: Morgan, thank you so much for the reply. To be honest, I wasn't hoping for that quick a response. You came through, as usual, with very pertinent information.

To the rest of the group: My sincere apologies. I'm very new to this forum/blog and, even though had heard of Morgan, I really didn't know where to turn to get relevant info on this company from him. Now that someone has pointed me in the right direction, I will henceforth direct my non-Blackberry queries elsewhere. Thank you all for your understanding.
    Superfly_FR and morganplus8 like this.
    01-15-14 09:15 PM
    No worries Ivon...this is a friendly group.

Superfly_FR and morganplus8 like this.
    01-15-14 09:45 PM
    Ivon, we try to stay on topic as much as possible but the odd chatter about others is ok. I try my best to reserve it for after hours as to not derail during the threads busy times

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-15-14 10:19 PM
    No worries Ivon...this is a friendly group.

Took a bit of patience, but December really helped a lot.
    01-15-14 10:19 PM
    Hey there, everyone!

Back after a month+ time-off. There are over 150 pages to catch-up on. So, I am just going to skip them all and start reading (and contributing to) this thread from today.

Before I went away, BBRY was close to $5 and now it's up! So, I guess something cool has happened over past month. It looks like John Chen is working on changing perceptions. From BlackBerry being perceived as a dying company to being perceived as an under-dog with room to grow. I guess, that can bring-up the stock price to at-least fair-value (which I think, consensus estimate on this thread has ben $13 to $17). If John manages to change public/media perceptions, we can hope to get to $13 (at-least) in near future.

I am running 10.2.1.1055 on my BBRY for past month and I've to say it has addressed several shortcomings already. I guess in another couple of months, we'd have even BETTER Android support (that should help close app-gap a bit) and even more productivity features.

Also, checked out demo of BBM 2.0 - and it looks like they are adding a bunch of new features (most interesting being BBM Voice and Glympse/location sharing). I think both these features have potential to create NEW buzz and will probably help BBRY gain another few million (new) BBM users. Assuming, of course, they don't screw-this-rollout-of-BBM2.0 with buggy features like they screwed-up the original BBM 4 ALL launch and ended-up having to delay it by 2 months (?).

Overall, I see that:
    a. John Chen is working on changing perceptions (re-organizing business, hiring top talent, re-focusing on iconic keyboard, mitigating inventory risk by letting FoxConn produce sub $200 BBRY devices etc.)

b. BBM 2.0 seems to have enough new features to warrant brand-new buzz

So, I see us heading to fair-value ($13+) in near future.

In other news, my Jan 2014 Strike $35 options will expire worthless this weekend

and by the way, any non-BBRY stock picks from MorganPlus8?
    I expect to receive a small bonus of few thousand at the end of February. I'd probably invest it into stocks. Last time, I only invested in BBRY. This time, I'd like to invest in BBRY again and maybe another stock. Would love to hear what MorganPlus8 is watching for himself.
    Cheers,
    01-15-14 11:35 PM
    Article from "The Street": Why BlackBerry (BBRY) Is Up Today

BlackBerry has a solid foothold in India, where more than 1,000 Indian enterprises have either adopted or tested BlackBerry Enterprise Services 10 since its debut in Jan. 2013. ITC Limited, a conglomerate that employs more than 25,000 people in more than 60 locations throughout India, has integrated BlackBerry Enterprise Services 10 into its operations.
    Can this be the reason? The India news was out houres before the opening bell, but the rise began houres after.

TheStreet Ratings team rates BLACKBERRY LTD as a Sell with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
    "We rate BLACKBERRY LTD (BBRY) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself."...
    I don't understand this kind of ratings. Its only blabla about the well known weaknesses of the company. A rating solely based on the weak performance of BBRY in the past, nothing about the opportunities, the new strategy and the future. With this logic every good performing company will grow forever and every bad performing company will inevitably die.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-16-14 02:37 AM
113,256 ... 23512352235323542355 ...