View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I have a genuine question. How much of minimum shares is someone allowed to buy in whatever stock exchange BBRY is involved in?

My country's laws stipulate that a buyer must buy a minimum share of 1000 units (so let's say BBRY's share is USD 9), so I'll have to fork out a minimum of 9000usd on top of whatever fees imposed.

9000usd, yikes, that's a year's wage.

Its a genuine question. Really.
    My initial bid was for 5 shares. I missed it and second was for 50.
    I don't think there's anything preventing from buying even 1 alone ...
    01-15-14 09:00 AM
    What Country is that?
    You should know
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-15-14 09:01 AM
    I have a genuine question. How much of minimum shares is someone allowed to buy in whatever stock exchange BBRY is involved in?

My country's laws stipulate that a buyer must buy a minimum share of 1000 units (so let's say BBRY's share is USD 9), so I'll have to fork out a minimum of 9000usd on top of whatever fees imposed.

There is no minimum as far as I'm aware. Are you sure it's not just a rule of the brokerage you are using?
    01-15-14 09:01 AM

Found this : How to Buy and Sell Shares in Bursa Malaysia? : 1-million-dollar-blog
    Appears to me that this is the minimal (100) number to buy for stocks traded AT Malaysian market.
    Should not apply to (foreign) shares traded on Nasdaq or Torronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-15-14 at 09:18 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-15-14 09:04 AM
    Good morgan, Morgan! :-)

I've been following you on and off for the past several weeks and have put on my list several of your recommendations and even bought into a few of them, among which PSDV and SPHS. All I can say is So Far So Good! :-)

There one company, based in Quebec, I wanted to ask you about. Its name is Opsens (OPS on the Vancouver Stock Exchange). It was rated as one of the 50 best performing Canadian companies in 2013. I first bought into it several months ago at around 0.25 and sold about a month ago with a really decent profit. I returned to the scene of the crime recently and, knock on wood, it hasn't failed me... yet. I just wanted to know if you had ever heard of them and, if so, what you thought about them.

Opsens Inc. (Opsens) is engaged in developing and manufacturing technical and scientific instruments. The Company is a developer, manufacturer, supplier and installer of a range of fiber optic solutions. Opsens provides sensors for the measurement of pressure, temperature, displacement and strain to original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and end users in the oil and gas, medical and laboratories fields. (Google Finance)

At first glance, the two sectors wouldn't appear to be complementary, but maybe the company is on to something. Perhaps you could share what you have on them, assuming that you're aware of their existence . It would be appreciated both by myself, and, who knows, maybe even by potential future investors.

If it doesn't ring any bell, no biggie. I will continue to follow you and, hopefully, reap the fruits of your extensive knowledge elsewhere.

Many thanks.

(and BTW, be well. In the end, THAT is by far the most important stuff)
    01-15-14 09:07 AM
    These low level trades are so difficult to read ... thoughts about it anyone ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    01-15-14 09:07 AM
    Hey Morgan sorry to bother you. was TNG One of your picks?

Posted via CB10
    Are you referring to TNG-N? I haven't looked at that Bio if you are referring to it. I mentioned IAG - for a gold play that was shaping up to break out and several BIO-s over the past few days. Some of them have already started their moves. I also own a couple of others that we don't talk about, PSDV and OXBT not to mention XOMA. Those .... and my recent picks (early Dec/ late Nov) and are in play in our house. CHTP has been on the kind of ride that PSDV was on!
    q649, JLagoon and Mr BBRY like this.
    01-15-14 09:10 AM

I've been following you on and off for the past several weeks and have put on my list several of your recommendations and even bought into a few of them, among which PSDV and SPHS. All I can say is So Far So Good! :-)

There one company, based in Quebec[...]
    Many thanks.

Hi Ivon98 and welcome to the CrackBerry community !
    I'd recon that you use our side-but-friendly topic for this, as the main thread topic is about BBRY and while we can occasionally ask about several opportunities, it is not intended to become an "all purpose" investing discussion board.
    Hope you'll understand that it it nowhere targeted against you personally, just general forum guidelines you may not have read already
    In fact, you just gave me the opportunity to remind this to all thanks !

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...cation-853728/

Cheers
    SF
    01-15-14 09:14 AM

There one company, based in Quebec, I wanted to ask you about. Its name is Opsens (OPS on the Vancouver Stock Exchange). It was rated as one of the 50 best performing Canadian companies in 2013. I first bought into it several months ago at around 0.25 and sold about a month ago with a really decent profit. I returned to the scene of the crime recently and, knock on wood, it hasn't failed me... yet. I just wanted to know if you had ever heard of them and, if so, what you thought about them.

Opsens Inc. (Opsens) is engaged in developing and manufacturing technical and scientific instruments. The Company is a developer, manufacturer, supplier and installer of a range of fiber optic solutions. Opsens provides sensors for the measurement of pressure, temperature, displacement and strain to original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and end users in the oil and gas, medical and laboratories fields. (Google Finance)

At first glance, the two sectors wouldn't appear to be complementary, but maybe the company is on to something. Perhaps you could share what you have on them, assuming that you're aware of their existence . It would be appreciated both by myself, and, who knows, maybe even by potential future investors.

If it doesn't ring any bell, no biggie. I will continue to follow you and, hopefully, reap the fruits of your extensive knowledge elsewhere.

Many thanks.

Welcome to the board!

Having said that, this is the BlackBerry thread so I'll be brief. My background is in Engineering, I owned a company that manufactured automated equipment and that field has been my area of expertise for many years. We were leading edge and imported the latest technology from OEMs to assist them in testing their products so many of our machines had prototype technology which appealed to our client base.

This company sells less than $ 8.0 MM per year and while their margins are great, they aren't profitable yet. With $ .10/shr in hard assets, you have to hope that their cash and cashflow will carry them around long enough to turn their first consistent profit. I like their product mix but I haven't used any of their sensors so I can't speak for field applications here. I don't buy into any stock that I can't so growth in their future. This one is not for me and I would look for those companies that I mention that are cash rich and have some life changing products in development. Best of luck with those stocks of yours .... as I own them too!
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-15-14 09:29 AM
    It looks like it going to take a good piece of news to give us our next pop. Not sure what that will be tho lol, Maybe some big android apps being made available in blackberry world. Lets say instagram and snapchat
    01-15-14 10:16 AM
    AMD looks to be revving its engines...up almost 5% today with ER next week. Thanks M8!
    Corbu and morganplus8 like this.
    01-15-14 10:16 AM
    Hey M-8 what do you think of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd as an investment to go along side our BBRY investment. They will benefit greatly if BBRY does turn it around.
    01-15-14 10:20 AM
    At least it was a change from "embattled" smartphone maker.. lol
    Just wait for "recovering" smartphone maker.........
    01-15-14 10:22 AM
    OT, may be not.
    Either the Troll took an early flight or they got selected for this mission for change in tone?
    Manitoban vies for one-way ticket to Mars - Manitoba - CBC News http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...497256?cmp=rss
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    01-15-14 10:32 AM
    It looks like it going to take a good piece of news to give us our next pop. Not sure what that will be tho lol, Maybe some big android apps being made available in blackberry world. Lets say instagram and snapchat
    On the contrary, I think BBRY is really going through a nice consolidation here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-january-15-2014.png

We are still inside this long, 6-month down channel but we are burning off that RSI above 70 and are now below it. We need to get to the uptrend line that is more sustainable and that means a few more days of moving sideways. We have parked on the 7-ema perfectly, when is the last time you have seen BBRY behave perfectly? The volume is drying up, the stock is flat, it is holding onto support perfectly.

It would be impossible to maintain that green line for several weeks. Never going to happen. Look at this chart in a few days and you'll see how things are shaping up here.
    bungaboy, zyben, rarsen and 13 others like this.
    01-15-14 10:39 AM
    Hey M-8 what do you think of Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd as an investment to go along side our BBRY investment. They will benefit greatly if BBRY does turn it around.
    FairFax is a great company but I don't buy funds, I look in them to see what they like and buy the individual plays. The fact that they are all in on BBRY makes this trade even better in that light.My faovurite Fund is the Baker Brothers of course!
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    01-15-14 10:41 AM
    Hey guys looking into HALO march calls now and trying to decide which one is worth it

I'm looking into the $12.50 strike at the moment because it's going for $3.60 so wouldn't that mean my breakeven would be $16.10?

What do you guys think or recommend?
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-22-march-14.png  
    01-15-14 11:41 AM
    Morgan,

Did you ever do any Engineering work/installations in southern Ontario? I have an electrical Engineering background and used to work in automotive engineering (GM in Oshawa, and then more consulting based work). Manufacturing in Ontario is not what it once was so lucky I had a Comp Sci degree to help me switch out and stil stay near my family.
    01-15-14 11:46 AM
    on other news ...
    just got my BES10 in the cloud trial account activated.
    Now my Z30 has two lives !

Not sure as of date of what I must keep under embargo so I can't say much besides ...
    It's easy as breathing to enroll the device !

I'll report about it in another thread but gang, you deserved the *breaking* !

Must quit my screen, have a nice evening and see you 2morrow !
    SF

edit: if you see a picture, I'm not supposed to have it posted (thought I deleted it but it was still here in attachment). Please see it and then forget it (refresh). Do not distribute or I may burn in hell.
    01-15-14 12:07 PM
    Break out starting to happen 8.45 +0.12 (1.44%)
    01-15-14 12:10 PM

edit: if you see a picture, I'm not supposed to have it posted (thought I deleted it but it was still here in attachment). Please see it and then forget it (refresh). Do not distribute or I may burn in hell.
    To turn a phrase...oh, I didn't see what you did there.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    01-15-14 12:39 PM
    Fasten your seatbelts we are going up again
    01-15-14 12:40 PM
    Looks like a busy afternoon.
    01-15-14 01:09 PM
    Any idea on why this mid afternoon climbing? It's breaking 8.60$
    Superfly_FR, Korepab and bungaboy like this.
    01-15-14 01:14 PM
    http://www.berryreview.com/2014/01/1...kings-in-2013/

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    zyben, Superfly_FR, W Hoa and 7 others like this.
    01-15-14 01:14 PM
113,252 ... 23502351235223532354 ...