Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sold out of 10,000 initial inventory.
    What's our cut?

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-14-14 02:36 PM
    I haven't been able to find out how many they have actually sold. We are stuck not knowing if it is 20 or 30 or more I guess. Thanks
    None have been shipped yet , Waiting to hear BBRY next move on the matter
    01-14-14 02:38 PM
    I have no idea. The post was just to add weight to BBUK14's post.

Cheers
    I was being sarcastic here, if there were only a handful of units sold, there will be no futher lawsuit and the company will close down. The simple fact that the company is failing to tell us how many they sold, should suggest they basically bombed on the idea. It will come out in court but any company with a solid launch would want to get that information out there. They got all of the press they are ever going to get these past few weeks. Thanks and no offense to you of course!
    W Hoa, Korepab, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    01-14-14 02:55 PM
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/16/te...oofinance&_r=0

Bridging the Gap Between BlackBerry and iPhone
    Review: Typo Keyboard Case for iPhone 5

Despite the popularity of touch-screen smartphones, some BlackBerry users have clung to their phones equipped with tactile keyboards. For those reluctant to let go of their BlackBerry, Typo Keyboard is here to help with the transition to a touch screen.

Typo is actually a cellphone case, currently available for the iPhone 5 and 5s, with a wireless keyboard on the bottom. The entrepreneurs behind the concept are hoping to make life easier for those who desire the functions and apps on the iPhone but also like hammering out an email on a keyboard.

The case, which can be ordered from the company’s website for $99 for shipping in February, is surprisingly slim yet sturdy, adding little bulk to the iPhone. Inside is a tiny lithium-ion battery, only 1 millimeter thick. The keyboard covers the bottom of the phone, but the ports are still accessible. And setup, via Bluetooth, was easy.

The keys are laid out in typical Qwerty fashion, with alternate keys for capitalization, numbers and symbols. The iPhone’s home button is covered, but Typo includes a button that returns your phone to its home screen, as well as one that lights up the keyboard.

The buttons are relatively easy to push, especially for people who are familiar with BlackBerry devices. I gave up my BlackBerry for an iPhone years ago, so going back to a physical keyboard presented a bit of a challenge. After a few texts, though, my thumbs became more agile. But Typo has no trackpad, so I still had to use the touch screen. And there is no autocorrect, or even a send button, which didn’t make texting any faster for me.

Typo Keyboard has garnered a lot of interest since its inception, mostly because it is backed by the celebrity host Ryan Seacrest and the company is facing a lawsuit from BlackBerry. But the unfortunately named device, which suggests a typographical error, needs some refinement before it deserves the attention it’s drawing.
    01-14-14 03:15 PM
    I think Chen is doing a great job of keeping good news spread over time, and releasing something positive once a week or so...any bets of whether next week will have any goodies? for heaven's sake, I do hope we get some BBM and/or update news next week, but I'm not holding my breath. If he is smart, he won't release them at the same time but will do so with a fortnight in between - always better to spread good news thin, and dump bad news all at once.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    01-14-14 03:15 PM
    Any one knows what app is being used here and how those nice looking options come up?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-eye_view.jpg
    01-14-14 03:32 PM
    It's a Wired CES app. Look closely and you will see under the arc of circles...?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-14-14 03:49 PM
    Any one knows what app is being used here and how those nice looking options come up?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye_view.jpg 
Views:	561 
Size:	268.8 KB 
ID:	238635
    Hi sidhuk, it's Tumblr

https://www.google.com/search?q=tumb...ui%3B500%3B334
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-14-14 03:54 PM
    Well, it's after hours now and since I know some of us are interested in IAG/IMG, I thought I'd put up a gold chart seeing as it has a direct effect, as today showed clearly. I think we'll know in the next couple of days, or by weeks end at the latest, which direction it wants to go.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screenshot-9-.png
    01-14-14 04:13 PM
    Well, it's after hours now and since I know some of us are interested in IAG/IMG, I thought I'd put up a gold chart seeing as it has a direct effect, as today showed clearly. I think we'll know in the next couple of days, or by weeks end at the latest, which direction it wants to go.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (9).png 
Views:	507 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	238656
    bought some of this yesterday morning. thanks for the update guys.
    01-14-14 04:30 PM
    This one is for Superfly_FR.

If ever you see fit and deem it worthwhile, I think these fellow countrymen might benefit from some of your wisdom regarding what BES is all about and the fact that BBRY is not dead yet! Dans la langue de Moli�re!

BlackBerry Entreprise Server arrivera sur Windows Phone 8 - Mon Windows Phone

We're all about educating the masses, are we not?
    01-14-14 04:42 PM
    Soooo..... Did you (Morgan) mention CHTP the other day? I can't find the post in this busy thread but thought I'd mention that it's up near 150% in AH based on confirmation of FDA approval. Once again, the Baker Brothers pick a winner. Mind you, it started down 50% from where it was a few weeks ago....
    sidhuk, Corbu, plasmid_boy and 4 others like this.
    01-14-14 04:59 PM
    Soooo..... Did you (Morgan) mention CHTP the other day? I can't find the post in this busy thread but thought I'd mention that it's up near 150% in AH based on confirmation of FDA approval. Once again, the Baker Brothers pick a winner. Mind you, it started down 50% from where it was a few weeks ago....
    I have 30,000 shares of one of the stocks that they are holding, hope that it will also increase this much
    01-14-14 05:09 PM
    yes I remember being discussed here. funny how it dipped to 2.30 before the news.

OK Guys, it is time to hit the gym. Gotta feed the beast.
    01-14-14 05:17 PM
    And just came across this on another thread....

01-14-14 05:22 PM
    And before I go. This is the first positive news from these bozos.

BlackBerry might soon open the floor to Android apps http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/techr..._I/story01.htm

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    01-14-14 05:24 PM
    Wow...My previous post was to suggest the medical aspects may be huge...NOT to dis BB lol, might even become a decent investment.
    Anyway...I BOUGHT A Z30 today ...anyone have any suggestions for a decent case? I have a screen protector on her already but am thinking a case is in order...or maybe nekked lol...one sweet device!!!
    cjcampbell, dusdal, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    01-14-14 05:53 PM
    not sure if this was mentioned as it was done through 1109510 Ontario Limited, a holding company controlled by Prem Watsa, but see below

�On December 24, 2013, 1109510 purchased 129,000 Shares in the open market at a price per share of U.S.$7.7071 per share.

Prem Watsa, Fairfax Acquire Some Shares of BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) for Investment Purposes - Insider Monkey
    01-14-14 06:52 PM
    Hi kadakn01,

Yes information was previously circulated on Dec 31, but still interesting to share. Though the Inside Monkey article only supplied partial information, and please don't get me started on what I think of too many journalists :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...005.132979.jpg
    Last edited by rarsen; 01-14-14 at 07:26 PM.
    01-14-14 07:13 PM
    Wow...My previous post was to suggest the medical aspects may be huge...NOT to dis BB lol, might even become a decent investment.
    Anyway...I BOUGHT A Z30 today ...anyone have any suggestions for a decent case? I have a screen protector on her already but am thinking a case is in order...or maybe nekked lol...one sweet device!!!
    I really like the leather flip case.

Get 10.2.1.1925 leak on it and you will love it.
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-14-14 07:24 PM
    Lol. Didn't mean to make you feel like that bro. I just couldn't type it in better English. All is cool

Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-14-14 07:26 PM
    How narrow-minded can those journalists be? Let's hope they'll see the light and will assert themselves one of these days, instead of repeating the same tired old lines... In any event, on with the show!

Real Keyboards for the iPhone - WSJ.com

It's tough to admit, but I am still a BlackBerry addict. I have an undying love for keyboards with real keys.

You will get used to typing on a touch screen, people have told me since 2007. You will get used to living without the perfectly shaped physical keys and their melodious clicks. You will get used to auto-correct.

Only I haven't, and phones with physical keys have become an endangered species.

The best phone with a real keyboard is a BlackBerry Q10. Even longtime BlackBerry fans understand it isn't a good choice. The company's future is uncertain and worse, the phones offer subpar software and far fewer apps than the competition.

But just when I thought I'd never type on small plastic keys again, hope arrived. Two new keyboard cases for the iPhone—the $100 Typo Keyboard Case and the $60 Solomatrix Spike—promise to place genuine QWERTY keyboards beneath my fingertips. The trouble is, they can only do it by hampering the core iPhone experience.

Typo has an interesting back story. According to the company, "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest was sick of lugging around an iPhone and a BlackBerry (see, celebrities are just like us), so he and his business partner Laurence Hallier decided to bring BlackBerry's keyboard to the iPhone. The keyboard looks so much like the classic design, in fact, BlackBerry has filed a lawsuit against Typo's maker, Typo Products LLC, alleging it infringed against BlackBerry patents. The company says preorders have sold out and new orders will ship in February. A BlackBerry representative said the suit has been filed in California and is still pending.

Unlike bulky Bluetooth keyboards, the 1.4-ounce Typo fits snugly around the iPhone 5 or 5S like a regular slip-on case, adding about a half an inch to the phone's overall length. It felt foreign at first, but within minutes my thumbs were at home on the four-row keyboard. I've even got stats to back that up: In repeated typing tests on my iPhone's software keyboard, I averaged 37 words a minute; with Typo, I averaged 57. Not all people I gave the keyboard to could type fast or even liked using it—but tried-and-true BlackBerry users were off to the races almost instantly. There's even a backlight button to illuminate the keys.

That's the good news. The bad news is Typo covers up the iPhone's home button and remaps it to a button on the bottom right of the keyboard. It takes some getting used to and if you have a 5S, you lose the convenience of the fingerprint scanner.

I had other issues with Typo. The Bluetooth connection disables the iPhone's auto-correct feature so you better be more accurate because you have to manually correct any typos. The keyboard itself is overly plastic-y. I like the clicking of keys more than most, but these made so much noise, I couldn't inconspicuously type during a meeting. The case makes the phone top heavy. And you have to charge the case via Micro-USB once a week. If only it was powered by the phone itself, or better yet, doubled as a portable battery pack, like Mophie's cases.

The Spike keyboard manages to avoid those Bluetooth shortcomings but it has its own issues.

Instead of establishing a wireless connection, the keyboard is placed over the iPhone's pop-up software keyboard. The keys make direct contact with the screen when you press them. When you aren't using the keyboard, you can swing it around and stow it in the rear of the case. It's a clever design trick, but also a clumsy one. I've spent more time flipping the keyboard out of the way than I've saved on my typing speed.

And since the rigid keys must line up with the on-screen keys, they are narrower than the Typo's and they don't always register keystrokes. Auto-correct works and it does help, but at 25 words a minute, I'm slower on the Spike than I am even on Apple's AAPL +1.99% software keyboard.

Neither the Spike nor the Typo are available for Android phones. However, unlike iOS, Android lets users download keyboard apps aimed at making touch-screen typing easier. On the Swype app, you draw a line from one letter to another and the software intelligently predicts the word. Though Swype is popular and even comes preloaded on Samsung's Galaxy S4, I never had much luck with it—32 measly words a minute. I had a bit better luck with the SwiftKey app, which predicts the next word you might type based on your typing history. I averaged 40 words a minute on the Moto X's 4.7-inch screen.

It's clear no software keyboard can give me the speed and confidence I get from one I can really feel. The perfect transplanted BlackBerry keyboard may still arrive, but the Typo is the best one I have found so far. Ultimately, those of us with a love for hardware keyboards seem to be running out of time, especially if we want to maximize the benefits of modern-day smartphones.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-14-14 07:29 PM
    I really like the leather flip case.

Get 10.2.1.1925 leak on it and you will love it.
    Thanks Bunga...ordered that, the Otter and a Transformer...surely one will suffice

Oh...this is my first post from "the beast"...black theme, ******* AWESOME display and this keyboard is even better than the Z (for my big fingers anyway).

Loving this thing

Posted from my perfect Z30 device
    01-14-14 07:58 PM
    Lol. Didn't mean to make you feel like that bro. I just couldn't type it in better English. All is cool

Lol...all good my friend, wasn't meaning to make anyone uncomfortable

Did I mention how much this 30 kicks azz? I was procrastinating with the thought "how much different from the 10 could it be"....well, VERY DIFFRENT is the answer...Loving this thing

Posted from my perfect Z30 device
    jxnb, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-14-14 08:01 PM
    OK so I saw this article in information week about the DOD and BYOD that I thought would be interesting. Basically it sounds very encouraging for BES10. Then I followed the link in the article to the GSA approved vendors list for MDM expecting to see BlackBerry at the top of the list. Wrong. Not even there? What's up with that.

link to Article: http://www.informationweek.com/gover...d%3C%2Fspan%3E

link to GSA site http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/171143

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DREXcb; 01-14-14 at 08:36 PM. Reason: links
    01-14-14 08:28 PM
113,256 ... 23482349235023512352 ...