View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    In the next 3 months we have a few Catalyst to move us higher.

1. Bbm 2.0
    2. 10.2.1 launch
    3. New phone launch for emerging markets

Anyone else see any possible catalyst

Posted via CB10
    BBM 2.0 and 10.2.1 aren't much of a catalyst since neither of these translates to more revenue. At least not directly, or in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    01-13-14 10:03 PM
    I see them as catalysts because if BlackBerry markets these right these announcements can really change the perceptions of BlackBerry. 10.2.1 closes the app gap and Bbm 2.0 adds great exposure

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:19 PM
    Super fly please go ahead and share your thought or you can PM me and we can share are theories

Posted via CB10
    A while ago, in the "looking for alternatives / going private" times, I wrote that we might see a mix of participations, joint venture and alliances.
    SAP was (with MSFT wihch, obviously was wrong) in my list of possible partners and still see them as a very great opportunity for a partnership.
    By these times I was also claiming that BB may decide to split the enterprise into consumers/enterprise divisions V.S harware/software.
    Seems like I've been (very) partially right, as whe have the deal with Foxconn (I didn't spot them) and the emergence of an Enterprise division (yet with a hardware one). Yet, this enterprise division, besides the focus it self-demonstrates, sounds tailored to fit a partnership.

- Oracle went mobile a few weeks ago by the acquisition of Bitzer
    �On November 15, 2013 Oracle announced it has acquired Bitzer Mobile, a provider of mobile applications management solutions that allow organizations to provide employees access to corporate data and applications from their mobile devices, to address the growing security needs created by the bring your own device (BYOD) movement�The transaction has closed.�
    - As Chen stated, even if -today- Knox is a joke, it won't stay alike for long.

Concentration times ... what would you do if you were SAP, with all the BlackBerry board being your former champions ?

Warning : this is pure speculation ... or not
    01-14-14 02:50 AM
    In the next 3 months we have a few Catalyst to move us higher.

1. Bbm 2.0
    2. 10.2.1 launch
    3. New phone launch for emerging markets

Anyone else see any possible catalyst

Posted via CB10
    I believe the gratest Catalyst will be BES in the Cloud. Because it targets a massive market; the "in between" sized companies; those who can't afford hosting BES and need BES10 to migrate to BB10 devices or enroll their appl/android fleet in enhanced capabilities and security.

It is almost ready, already in beta right now (I should be testing it ... but recent changes in FR may have make the deal different)
    jxnb, bungaboy, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    01-14-14 02:54 AM
    I believe the gratest Catalyst will be BES in the Cloud. Because it targets a massive market; the "in between" sized companies; those who can't afford hosting BES and need BES10 to migrate to BB10 devices or enroll their appl/android fleet in enhanced capabilities and security.

It is almost ready, already in beta right now (I should be testing it ... but recent changes in FR may have make the deal different)
    Would it be feasible to offer a low-cost BES solution to families or even individuals? Or would they need support from the carriers to offer a BIS-like solution?

This one thing I'm really interested in.

I would expect there's a big market for this while the NSA story is unraveling. Even a highly secured cloud storage solution for everyone I'd expect to be very popular.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 03:07 AM
    Would it be feasible to offer a low-cost BES solution to families or even individuals? Or would they need support from the carriers to offer a BIS-like solution?

This one thing I'm really interested in.

I would expect there's a big market for this while the NSA story is unraveling. Even a highly secured cloud storage solution for everyone I'd expect to be very popular.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely.
    In fact, BES in the cloud is tailored for that (not sure it'll be marketed as such though). "for the cost of a cup of coffee per month". You can see it as BIS-like (but much better actually) for individuals. Tmobile has started to roll it already for professionals : T-Mobile exclusively begins offering cloud-hosted BES10 Servers | CrackBerry.com
    and http://business.t-mobile.com/corpora...tions/bescloud
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-14-14 at 04:41 AM.
    01-14-14 03:26 AM
    Absolutely.
    In fact, BES in the cloud is tailored for that (not sure it'll be marketed as such though). "for the cost of a cup of coffee per month". You can see it as BIS-like (but much better actually) for individuals. Tmobile has started to roll it already for professionals : T-Mobile exclusively begins offering cloud-hosted BES10 Servers | CrackBerry.com
    I wondered about that a while ago, but I just don't think governments would want that. They wouldn't be impressed with BlackBerry provided security and privacy to individuals. I think that if BlackBerry offered 'personal BES10', BlackBerry would become a truly huge company, but that would mean completely undermining the surveillance state. Imagine a world of privacy...that's a modern government's worst nightmare.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 04:49 AM
    Nokia 'Normandy' budget Android phone purportedly leaked in multiple images | NDTV Gadgets

That thing looks like Windows Phone ported to Android.

Is Nokia "Normandy" the weapon that Nokia designed to get 7b+ from Microsoft, or is a project leaded by Microsoft to join the Android party?

Maybe Ballmer and Gates are more pragmatic than Balsillie and Lazaridis. Microsoft has a cost advantage over other Android OEMs.
    01-14-14 06:33 AM
    I wondered about that a while ago, but I just don't think governments would want that. They wouldn't be impressed with BlackBerry provided security and privacy to individuals. I think that if BlackBerry offered 'personal BES10', BlackBerry would become a truly huge company, but that would mean completely undermining the surveillance state. Imagine a world of privacy...that's a modern government's worst nightmare.
    Posted via CB10
    It's definitely not for governments and security concerned enterprises. They have on premise BES10 for that.
    Yet, for non critical users, it could be interesting, as you can federate several BES servers (on premise and SAAS) to gain a reasonable level of security and ease of management, at a lower cost than a standard CAL ... (thinking out loud here).
    jxnb and rarsen like this.
    01-14-14 06:35 AM
    Interesting read on why NOT to trust some platforms:
    How The NSA Hacks Your iPhone (Presenting DROPOUT JEEP) | Zero Hedge

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I had to quote the "juicy" parts. LoL

"DROPOUT JEEP is a software implant for the Apple iPhone that utilizes modular mission applications to provide specific SIGINT functionality. This functionality includes the ability to remotely push/pull files from the device. SMS retrieval, contact list retrieval, voicemail, geolocation, hot mic, camera capture, cell tower location, etc. Command, control and data exfiltration can occur over SMS messaging or a GPRS data connection. All communications with the implant will be covert and encrypted."
    01-14-14 06:42 AM
    "How ironic would it be if Blackberry, left for dead by virtually everyone, began marketing its products as the only smartphone that does not allow the NSA access to one's data (and did so accordingly). Since pretty much everything else it has tried has failed, we don't see the downside to this hail mary attempt to strike back at Big Brother and maybe make some money, by doing the right thing for once."

I feel like a lot of people have been saying this, but we have yet to see any kind of advertising or statement from BlackBerry to capitalize on this. Wouldn't it be a smart play, or would it not make sense strategically?

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    Why alienate your largest customer base? US Federal Government has millions of BlackBerry devices. Do not forget this
    3_M4N likes this.
    01-14-14 07:08 AM
    BBM 2.0 to include Gingerbread support?

BlackBerry Looking To Expand BBM To Devices Running Gingerbread -

This would expand the possible user base...
    01-14-14 07:36 AM
    Chen just purchased 25000 BBRY shares:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chen.jpg
    01-14-14 07:55 AM
    A while ago, in the "looking for alternatives / going private" times, I wrote that we might see a mix of participations, joint venture and alliances.
    SAP was (with MSFT wihch, obviously was wrong) in my list of possible partners and still see them as a very great opportunity for a partnership.
    By these times I was also claiming that BB may decide to split the enterprise into consumers/enterprise divisions V.S harware/software.
    Seems like I've been (very) partially right, as whe have the deal with Foxconn (I didn't spot them) and the emergence of an Enterprise division (yet with a hardware one). Yet, this enterprise division, besides the focus it self-demonstrates, sounds tailored to fit a partnership.

- Oracle went mobile a few weeks ago by the acquisition of Bitzer

- As Chen stated, even if -today- Knox is a joke, it won't stay alike for long.

Concentration times ... what would you do if you were SAP, with all the BlackBerry board being your former champions ?

Warning : this is pure speculation ... or not
    It seems like that could def happen. Do you think BBRY would end up spinning it off and selling that part of the business because as of right now that seems like its going to be what gets them up and going i would be sad to see them sell it
    01-14-14 08:10 AM
    Chen just purchased 25000 BBRY shares:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chen.JPG 
Views:	625 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	238509
    only 200k worth but it shows confidence
    01-14-14 08:11 AM
    Going through 9 today?

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 08:17 AM
    Going through 9 today?

Posted via CB10
    Doubtful, pre is only up slightly and I don't see any big news hitting today. 9 would have to be significant break through based on the last 10ish day trends I'd say.

In my rookie opinion

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    01-14-14 08:22 AM
    "How ironic would it be if Blackberry, left for dead by virtually everyone, began marketing its products as the only smartphone that does not allow the NSA access to one's data (and did so accordingly). Since pretty much everything else it has tried has failed, we don't see the downside to this hail mary attempt to strike back at Big Brother and maybe make some money, by doing the right thing for once."

I feel like a lot of people have been saying this, but we have yet to see any kind of advertising or statement from BlackBerry to capitalize on this. Wouldn't it be a smart play, or would it not make sense strategically?
    Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    “I could put a sales team on Wall Street. I know how to do this up and down Wall Street … we will go in and tell them why BES is the best thing for them, and go through the road map, the offerings, and all that good stuff. We're going to protect their investment in iPhone, and Android, and everywhere else, even with Windows Phones.”
    You'd better bet that it will be part of the explanation
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    01-14-14 08:23 AM
    Going through 9 today?

Posted via CB10
    Let's gain back what we've lost yesterday; will be fine for me. Shaking too much will raise the speculative interest. In low volumes ... we don't want that, I believe.
    Too early for a rain dance let's wait for the 2 digits !
    morganplus8, sidhuk, W Hoa and 3 others like this.
    01-14-14 08:25 AM
    BBM 2.0 to include Gingerbread support?

BlackBerry Looking To Expand BBM To Devices Running Gingerbread -

This would expand the possible user base...
    Good sign for things to come. This needs to be one truly universal, swiss knife type usable app in order to succeed in today's market. Days of limited features releases have gone. I like blackberry's approach.
    I like to see BBM on the desktop in a bridge mode with blackberry link or whole BB10 experience On PC mac and even ubuntu.
    01-14-14 09:06 AM
    Why alienate your largest customer base? US Federal Government has millions of BlackBerry devices. Do not forget this
    Plus does anyone still think the NSA can't get 99% of what passes over your BB device? What they don't steal they can get valid search warrants for and no publically traded company will refuse to honor a Federal US warrant or subpeona. I think BB security is great for many reasons, but protection from the NSA ain't one of them.
    mornhavon likes this.
    01-14-14 09:11 AM
    Going through 9 today?

Posted via CB10
    Another consolidation day or two would be nice, put in a base to pop from end of week........
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-14-14 09:12 AM
    Here here.
    Most iPhone banking apps vulnerable to hacking http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...c=rss&attr=all
    01-14-14 09:15 AM
    Here here.
    Most iPhone banking apps vulnerable to hacking Most iPhone banking apps vulnerable to hacking | News | TechRadar
    I am unclear from the article though. Is he talking about ONLY on jail broken devices?

"All of the apps that Sanchez tested could be installed and run on jailbroken devices, which have been modified by the user to accept apps unauthorized by Apple. Running an app on a jailbroken device lets attackers circumvent the security features built into iOS and access the restricted resources of other apps on a user's device."

If so, then it's a non story if you ask me. Anyone who jail breaks their device and then logs on to their financial accounts on public wifi deserves whatever they get..........
    01-14-14 09:40 AM
    [Reposted from Luca Filigheddu's Ch... C000CAE7B]
    [Reposted from MichaelClewley C00014277]
    One of the features added into 10.2.1 is what we call "Running Shift". This is that feature for all you die hard trackpad users that are missing the trackpad for things like text selection. It's really easy to use!

Press and hold the shift key and you can move your thumb anywhere on the screen to move t"

I didn't know about this feature.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    01-14-14 10:25 AM
113,252 ... 23462347234823492350 ...