702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well now.....wouldnt that move the goal posts mid game

CB10'n it via da Z
    01-11-14 10:25 AM
    Gravity bud...it gets us all. lol

Posted via CB10
    I thought it was the centrifugal force of the two life generating planets which which sacrifices the Bi_Pol_er "issue".
    Lol

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 01-11-14 at 10:41 AM.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-11-14 10:31 AM
    I thought it was the centrifugal force of the two life generating planets which which sacrifices the Bi_Pol_er "issue".
    Lol

Or that...haha

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-11-14 10:42 AM
    Seems to me, in his glorious generosity, Superfly should share his wallpaper with his friends...

For the greater good of Civil Engineering and BBs, obviously!
    oh, I made some (sry, some more work to make them cleaner still required) ... you'll probably have to crop left side bc that's 2550X1080 (21:9) but here you go, gang !

Enjoy
    Attached Files
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    01-11-14 10:59 AM
    What a story, M8. Thank you for sharing it. Just got home having a beer and catching up on the thread. Really happy to see your positive attitude. Keep it up, positive thinking has real impacts at fighting diseases.

I am a little confused that you mentioned viral infection but you also mentioned treatment with antibiotics. Antibiotics don't kill virus, they kill bacteria. The viral form of the disease usually doesn't need treatment and typically resolves itself after couple weeks (there isn't an effective treatment for viral infection anyway). But if your membrane was compromised, antibiotics treatment is a good way to prevent bacteria invasion of the central nervous system.

I love traveling those islands too. My favorite vacation is sitting on the beach all day, SCUBA occasionally. But I am always worry about these bacteria, viruses, and parasites that cause Neuro inflammation. So, I usually don't dare to venture off to the untested areas. These things invade our brain usually by going up our nose. I don't put my face into rivers and lakes down there (and southern US), especially warm waters.
    It is serious stuff, M8, so please be a good patient and do exactly what the doctor ordered.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for those positive words plasmid_boy!

We are a lot alike in that respect, our family heads to the islands several times each year and unlike many, we don't sit by the pool and drink all day, that sport is for after dark. LOL

Your comment about the treatment re: a virus versus a bacterial infection is so true except that our medical professionals aren't at all like Dr. "House", you can't pop into the hospital and get his kind of never-failing service, put up with his rude nest and head home all fixed up. In my case the virus causes all kinds of things to attempt to fail. I sat in ICU for 2 days while my heart rate dropped to 30 beats/min and it took them that long to figure out that I wasn't getting enough oxygen. Once they popped on the mask my heartbeat soared. So you can imagine how they would react when they saw the right side of my face swelling, they assumed it is bacterial. Then there is the whole breakdown of your system as time goes on until finally you are infected and carrying bacteria that your system can no longer fight. That in a nutshell is how you end up on antibiotics fighting for your life. If any of you have had a relative in the hospital for even a week, you'll know how easy it is for them to slip in various "hospital sicknesses" from the flu and so on. The virus is the tip of the problem, from there, you develop all kinds of digestive issues and heart and lung problems.

None if this will stop me from heading back down South mind you, I'll spend less time on remote areas and stay at 5 star hotels etc.. Maybe I sit by the pool and drink all day too ..................
    01-11-14 11:01 AM
    Attachment 237649

Hey Morgan... Glad to see you back and with force too. Crazy **** you've had to go through but you seem like the kind of guy that takes what's dealt and does the best with it. kudos!!

Looking at IAG/IMG and gold, don't you think it would be prudent to see what gold does as it approaches the 1260 area? I've been watching and it seems to me that the top of the downward channel it's in, coupled with the horizontal resistance at that area, it could pose a problem? It seems to be pinned between the 20-ema and the 50-dma at the moment. I remember when it dipped below 1300 for a moment and rebounded...for a couple of days. I bought thinking it would be all good and would hate to make the mistake again. (I didn't lock in gains and lost a fair amount as I continued to hold hoping for gold to rebound.... gah....)
    That's it, you need to watch the stock first to see if it will be breaking out this week, and, keep an eye on the metal to see if Friday's pop is the one setting it up for a new bull run. This is a seasonal thing and gold and IAG might be a great buy down here if they both confirm the breakout. Don't buy the stock ahead of confirmation. It looks as though you might see a breakout this week in both cases. Even if the stock and the commodity confirm the breakout, you always get a chance to enter the trade when it drops back to support. No rush here just a heads up that gold maybe back in play.

Excellent chart by the way.
    01-11-14 11:13 AM
    @Ilovdeadcompany

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, ibpluto, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    01-11-14 11:26 AM
    oh, I made some (sry, some more work to make them cleaner still required) ... you'll probably have to crop left side bc that's 2550X1080 (21:9) but here you go, gang !

Enjoy
    Beautiful, thanks! Reminds me of Fogal and Aubade...
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-11-14 11:27 AM
    Hey Morgan can I get your thought on the short interest numbers? Are u suprised that so many where able to cover and only pop the stock about a buck and a half and also how many do you think have covered since the 31st thanks

Posted via CB10
    It has been my experience that when the shorts cover in large volumes like this, they don't come back to the trade and that trade becomes a bullish one that lasts for 12 months or so. It doesn't mean the stock goes straight up, the MM's control the price of the stock to the bitter end.I can illustrate many cases where shares make impressive gains for the next 12 months, in this case, BBRY will return to a multiple that reflects the general market for a company with their asset base. To me it is a very positive sign, not the kind of rally many think will happen mind you, it won't double over night. Rather you will see the stock move into strong hands in a controlled fashion. I have no idea what the next numbers will look like but I assume they will continue the same trend here. GL
    bungaboy, rarsen, Randeman and 8 others like this.
    01-11-14 11:28 AM
    [Weekend O.T]
    About the Cana-investments ...
    Anyone with an idea of what ticker (more likely) isn't a pump and dump company ?

Ticker Price Market Cap Shares Outstanding Cash Assets Liabilities Equity
    PHOT 0.26 $ 185,082,517 711,855,833 $ 237,000 $ 3,081,000 $ 2,810,000 $ 271,000
    CBIS 0.1446 $ 110,087,437 761,323,906 $ - $ 586,000 $ 3,555,000 $ (2,969,000)
    MJNA 0.1953 $ 185,067,835 947,607,961 $ 2,037,000 $ 45,319,000 $ 1,312,000 $ 44,006,000
    GRNH 0.395 $ 59,631,461 150,965,723 $ 5,000 $ 42,000 $ 154,000 $ (111,000)
    HEMP 0.0612 $ 100,976,902 1,649,949,387 $ 2,000 $ 2,640,000 $ 1,212,000 $ 1,428,000
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-11-14 at 12:40 PM.
    01-11-14 11:29 AM
    Corbu, since you didn't posted it on a higher level, I hope you don't mind I did ...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-apps-892647/

Il love this news. It fits the required level of testing and screening.
    secure BB10 OS running containerized android apps ... now let's see what occurs with google services ???

Hats off for this pick, thanks !
    Corbu, morganplus8, zyben and 7 others like this.
    01-11-14 11:33 AM
    I stopped by this morning to point out another stock that might turn out to be a huge winner:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sphs-jan-11-2014.png

SPHS - has $ 50 MM in cash, a solid pipeline, 70% of its stock held by institutions and 10% of the stock held by management who bought those shares at a higher price using their own money. The stock float is 16 MM and so the cash on hand is at $ 3.00/shr so you are paying little for the assets. Have a look at the chart and tell me if you believe this one is just waking up here. How is that for a baseline to launch from?
    01-11-14 11:44 AM
    Thanks for those positive words plasmid_boy!

We are a lot alike in that respect, our family heads to the islands several times each year and unlike many, we don't sit by the pool and drink all day, that sport is for after dark. LOL

Your comment about the treatment re: a virus versus a bacterial infection is so true except that our medical professionals aren't at all like Dr. "House", you can't pop into the hospital and get his kind of never-failing service, put up with his rude nest and head home all fixed up. In my case the virus causes all kinds of things to attempt to fail. I sat in ICU for 2 days while my heart rate dropped to 30 beats/min and it took them that long to figure out that I wasn't getting enough oxygen. Once they popped on the mask my heartbeat soared. So you can imagine how they would react when they saw the right side of my face swelling, they assumed it is bacterial. Then there is the whole breakdown of your system as time goes on until finally you are infected and carrying bacteria that your system can no longer fight. That in a nutshell is how you end up on antibiotics fighting for your life. If any of you have had a relative in the hospital for even a week, you'll know how easy it is for them to slip in various "hospital sicknesses" from the flu and so on. The virus is the tip of the problem, from there, you develop all kinds of digestive issues and heart and lung problems.

None if this will stop me from heading back down South mind you, I'll spend less time on remote areas and stay at 5 star hotels etc.. Maybe I sit by the pool and drink all day too ..................
    I learned that lesson years ago and almost paid heavy price for it.
    I never ever ever send my love ones to the hospital without me.
    There is special protocol to follow when you arrive at the emergency. Be stupid and rude with a mixture of niceness.
    Don't be afraid to make a scene and then things will start moving.
    Don't trust the doctor because he is just a doctor. Remember, doctor has the license to kill people and you are not to trust. The worst thing is that most doctors think of their clients that they are stupid but in fact it is the doctors who are just snobs.
    I have many friends who are doctors. Some of them only realized that how rude and careless they were, when they became one of their own's customers and ended up in the hospital where the doctors were unaware that their client is also a doctor.
    I am sorry to say that but it is fact that majority doctors are just the worst people out there.
    If some one disagree with me then I challenge them to come with me and prove or I am willing to travel where ever.
    One should just hear these doctors talking among them selves. It is all about how much their weekly or monthly billing is. I mean there is nothing wrong with making money but stop killing people for god sakes.

There. I feel better now
    LoL

Last edited by sidhuk; 01-11-14 at 12:03 PM.
    01-11-14 11:49 AM
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25689093

BBC report on car connectivity. No mention of QNX as usual.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    rarsen and Corbu like this.
    01-11-14 11:52 AM
    I stopped by this morning to point out another stock that might turn out to be a huge winner:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPHS Jan 11 2014.png 
Views:	1153 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	237763

SPHS - has $ 50 MM in cash, a solid pipeline, 70% of its stock held by institutions and 10% of the stock held by management who bought those shares at a higher price using their own money. The stock float is 16 MM and so the cash on hand is at $ 3.00/shr so you are paying little for the assets. Have a look at the chart and tell me if you believe this one is just waking up here. How is that for a baseline to launch from?
    I like this one...thx M8.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    01-11-14 11:53 AM
    There is special protocol to follow when you arrive at the emergency. Be stupid and rude with a mixture of niceness.
    Don't trust the doctor because he is just a doctor. Remember, doctor has the license to kill people and you are not to trust. The worst thing is that most doctors think of their clients that they are stupid but in fact it is the doctors who are just snobs.
    I have many friends who are doctors. Some of them only realized that how rude and careless they were, when they became one of their own's customers and ended up in the hospital where the doctors were unaware that their client is also a doctor.
    I am sorry to say that but it is fact that majority doctors are just the worst people out there.
    If some one disagree with me then I challenge them to come with me and prove or I am willing to travel where ever.
    One should just hear these doctors talking among them selves. It is all about how much their weekly or monthly billing is. I am mean there is nothing wrong with making money but stop killing people for god sakes.

There. I feel better now
    LoL

I grew up around plenty of Doctors and most of what you say is true. My father is a retired surgeon and he is well known for giving a damn about your health. My uncle is more along the lines of what you described, he is rich and let's the world know about it every day. My other uncles are more like my father.

The key to hospital stay is to get the heck out of there ASA you can. Don't hang around to get sick, get fixed up and run!
    bungaboy, sidhuk, BBdotTO and 7 others like this.
    01-11-14 11:58 AM
    Corbu, since you didn't posted it on a higher level, I hope you don't mind I did ...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-apps-892647/

Il love this news. It fits the required level of testing and screening.
    secure BB10 OS running containerized android apps ... now let's see what occurs with google services ???

Hats off for this pick, thanks !
    Lol, I may have refrained ... you did post it, but in another section ...
    AND (more importantly)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

10.3 was surprising me ...
    01-11-14 12:04 PM
    Super, thanks and very well done in reaching for AS directly.
    01-11-14 12:07 PM
    Morgan....I've taken a look at what you suggested as far as "up and comers" - thank-you, gives me much more to think about this weekend while digesting all of this wonderful BBRY stuff. If you're up to it and know anything about ONCS and INO I'd appreciate your opinion. They appear to be joined at the hips and from what I've read over the past couple of days, they appear promising. Or are they??? Both are pretty inexpensive right now and while plodding through the reports of another inexpensive stock on Thursday (RNN) I decided "what the hell". I just bought a little bit and it went up almost 80% the next day. Timed something right for the first time in my life lol.

If you can....much appreciated - Mark
    01-11-14 12:17 PM
    Morgan have you seen the show monsters inside of me? It is episodes of people just like you who have been through similar situations. It's something you don't wish on your worst enemy. Hope you have a super fast recovery.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-11-14 12:30 PM
    One should just hear these doctors talking among them selves. It is all about how much their weekly or monthly billing is. I mean there is nothing wrong with making money but stop killing people for god sakes.

There. I feel better now
    LoL

Man, that's tough, but mostly true. I remind my MD students all the time to treat their patients with respect and always consider their non-medical issues as well (I am PhD, not MD). But, doctors are people too. Most of them are stretched to the max, lack of sleep, seeing one patient after another non stop, tenureship on the line for things they can't control, emotionally stressed due patient death, the list goes on. It is not a career for people without passion for others, and the money isn't that good (except for transplant surgeons). To do this job well, one needs to love people and genuinely wants to make a difference, but also to the job well, one need to learn to become cold-blooded (being too emotional would help anyone). I have never met anyone that did not cry or had to try hard to hold back their tears when their patient die. So, I don't believe that doctors enjoy seeing their parents die. For me, I stay away from our Children's Hospital (next to my office). I can't handle watching bald kids with tubs hooked up playing happily in the toy room, not knowing that they only weeks left in this world. Many doctors are financially stretched and extend themselves beyond their limits (on call, walk-in clinics, etc). My friends working as MDs are wonderful people, but most have been divorced at least once, it is a demanding job.

If we are sick, the hospital is really a good place to be. Most procedures are standardized. In unusual cases, as M8's, there are standardized procedures for ordering tests, but you can't sit on your hands while waiting for results. The best thing to do is put him on antibiotics right away because it is the most common cause and the downside of the treatment is small. As a patient, the best thing to do is to express your concerns, ask questions, and do exactly what the doctor orders. Sometimes those orders are experiments testing to find the correct treatment, if you don't follow instructions precisely it would be difficult to determine the correct treatment for you, or worse implementing wrong treatments. Trust between doctors and patients is key for best outcome. If don't trust you doctor just tell him/her this 'I have difficulty trusting people with my life and I am very nervous right now. It would make me feel better if you can take your time to explain to me the situation and rationale for treatments.' Any doctor would be happy to honor your request.

Having said that, there are incompetent people and there are people working in the wrong profession for the wrong reasons. Even when you encounter these people, the best thing to do is help them help you.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 01-11-14 at 03:12 PM.
    rarsen, sidhuk, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    01-11-14 02:45 PM
    Morgan have you seen the show monsters inside of me? It is episodes of people just like you who have been through similar situations. It's something you don't wish on your worst enemy. Hope you have a super fast recovery.

Posted via CB10
    Well I watched about the first 2 minutes of this show when it debuted. Good lord, I thought "Mayday" was bad. Brought back nightmares and since then it's banned in our house lol.
    morganplus8 and notafanboy like this.
    01-11-14 02:59 PM
    Morgan....I've taken a look at what you suggested as far as "up and comers" - thank-you, gives me much more to think about this weekend while digesting all of this wonderful BBRY stuff. If you're up to it and know anything about ONCS and INO I'd appreciate your opinion. They appear to be joined at the hips and from what I've read over the past couple of days, they appear promising. Or are they??? Both are pretty inexpensive right now and while plodding through the reports of another inexpensive stock on Thursday (RNN) I decided "what the hell". I just bought a little bit and it went up almost 80% the next day. Timed something right for the first time in my life lol.

If you can....much appreciated - Mark
    Hi Mark,

Not too much info on these plays, ONCS has $ .10/shr in cash and a large stock float. There are some good Phase II prospects in the box but they need a whole lot more cash to develop them and about 2 1/2 years to see them through to a Phase III result. Thus it is very speculative at this time. This one dropped into the yearend and is popping a bit now so don't let that move fool you! Having said that, there will be some interest in their Phase II studies so you never know, if you can produce some good institutional ownership in this play it might be worth a percentage of your investment. Risky business but R&D stock is where it is at.

INO - These guys have some good connections in the sector and hold decent cash after doing an underwriting in the Spring of last year. They don't have a Phase III presence and that's not so good as many Phase II prospects don't fly, and those shares sold to raise cash, at $ .55/shr will come back to haunt the stock as well. I like companies with plenty of cash, a pipeline that includes some Phase III work, even if they fail to deliver, so this one is better off than the one above but risky as well.

What can I say about RNN, the stock took off like a rocket so the market is telling you they hit gold! they received a $ 3.00 target last week and that's about the only reason for the rally so be aware of that news. Their burn rate is roughly $ 8.0MM/yr and they raised $ 5.6 MM selling shares at $ .52/shr and those shares will be re-sold into the general market, this explains why the stock is popping, they are distributing those shares in the secondary market. Again, they have 2 years worth of cash, they have some interesting drugs in the works but their work is 2 - 3 years away from meaning anything.

I avoid stocks like these because their agenda is really about selling more shares to fund their projects. Sure the stock will pop but they need home runs in order to stay alive. Best of luck and hope you trade these ones for profit and be wary of BB's with "shareholders" telling how wonderful each company is. Grap your profit and move on! GL
    bungaboy, rarsen, Randeman and 5 others like this.
    01-11-14 03:20 PM
    Man, that's tough, but mostly true. I remind my MD students all the time to treat their patients with respect and always consider their non-medical issues as well (I am PhD, not MD). But, doctors are people too. Most of them are stretched to the max, lack of sleep, seeing one patient after another non stop, tenureship on the line for things they can't control, emotionally stressed due patient death, the list goes on. It is not a career for people without passion for others, and the money isn't that good (except for transplant surgeons). To do this job well, one needs to love people and genuinely wants to make a difference, but also to the job well, one need to learn to become cold-blooded (being too emotional would help anyone). I have never met anyone that did not cry or had to try hard to hold back their tears when their patient die. So, I don't believe that doctors enjoy seeing their parents die. For me, I stay away from our Children's Hospital (next to my office). I can't handle watching bald kids with tunes hooked up playing happily in the toy room, not knowing that they only weeks left in this world. Many doctors are financially stretched and extend themselves beyond their limits (on call, walk-in clinics, etc). My friends working as MDs are wonderful people, but most have been divorced at once, it is a demanding job.

If we are sick, the hospital is really a good place to be. Most procedures are standardized. In unusual cases, as M8's, there are standardized procedures for ordering tests, but you can't sit on your hands while waiting for results. The best thing to do is put him on antibiotics right away because it is the most common cause and the downside treatment is small. As a patient, the best thing to do is to express your concerns, ask questions, and do exactly what the orders. Sometimes those orders are experiments testing to find the correct treatment, if you don't follow instructions precisely it would be difficult to determine the correct treatment for, or worse implementing wrong treatments. Trust between doctors and patients is key for best outcome. If don't trust you doctor just tell him/her this 'I have difficulty trusting people with my life and I am very nervous right now. It would make me feel better if you can take your time to explain to me the situation and rationale for treatments.' Any doctor would be happy to honor your request.

Having said that, there are incompetent people and there are people working in the wrong profession for the wrong reasons. Even when you encounter these people, the best thing to do is help them help you.

Posted via CB10
    sorry Plasmid, i know i am over reacting here. you are 100% right that it is not for every one, just like any other profession. the only difference is that in this profession, people put (their lives) more trust in you. when some one trust some one, it is very easy to take advantage of. the name doctor carries a lots of weight in people's mind and almost God like trust. I know we are in the wrong thread to discuss this but what the heck, it is Saturday.
    LoL
    I thought only qualification under the current system, one require is to become a doctor is very good droid like Memorization skills. the real doctors need lot more than that.

( My Gym is connected with a hospital, i do see and play with few emergency doctors, I know how the nurses hold the page so that doc dont have to run back)
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    01-11-14 03:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    WOW! I haven't watched that series, some crazy stuff there! I can't watch that knowing I'm having some issues with a bug right now. Okay, I watched one, I learned I need better Doctors. Thanks
    Markymark 23 and plasmid_boy like this.
    01-11-14 03:34 PM
113,256 ... 23412342234323442345 ...