View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Confession time. I am posting from an iPad Air. First Apple product ever. Laptop died so I was looking for a no hassle solution to deal with email, surfing and light document handling. It costs and typing sucks but for my aging eyes the screen size, form factor and simplicity or how it handles docs, PDFs and the like it's OK. Have a new appreciation for Apps as well. Not the end all, but some are slick and make it easier. BBRY keyboard still FAR superior. Chen is 100% right to tout it.
    I bought my better half a Tab3 for Christmas...(mostly to see what it was about...already have a couple Pads).
    Other than having to learn a new OS it is not bad at all...10.1 inch for under 325.00!!!

Man do I wish BB10 was on a 10" tablet...sad they aren't able to do it yet.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks and bungaboy like this.
    01-10-14 08:11 PM
    Actually just got a tab 3 8" and I have to admit i'm liking it. Only issue was that it didn't turn on properly after i drained the battery but its been resolved. Only if BB had a better tablet. Btw it was cheap too from bestbuy $230

I bought my better half a Tab3 for Christmas...(mostly to see what it was about...already have a couple Pads).
    Other than having to learn a new OS it is not bad at all...10.1 inch for under 325.00!!!

Man do I wish BB10 was on a 10" tablet...sad they aren't able to do it yet.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-10-14 08:16 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-01-10-9.29.50-pm.png

Hey Morgan... Glad to see you back and with force too. Crazy **** you've had to go through but you seem like the kind of guy that takes what's dealt and does the best with it. kudos!!

Looking at IAG/IMG and gold, don't you think it would be prudent to see what gold does as it approaches the 1260 area? I've been watching and it seems to me that the top of the downward channel it's in, coupled with the horizontal resistance at that area, it could pose a problem? It seems to be pinned between the 20-ema and the 50-dma at the moment. I remember when it dipped below 1300 for a moment and rebounded...for a couple of days. I bought thinking it would be all good and would hate to make the mistake again. (I didn't lock in gains and lost a fair amount as I continued to hold hoping for gold to rebound.... gah....)
    MasterMoe, bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    01-10-14 08:27 PM
    I bought a new tablet too.

A blackberry Z30. A great mobile computing device.

Just beat all comers at CES Wired's blog contest.

Try one. You'll love it.

As an aside it vibrates and will fit in your pants pocket too. 8-10" tabs can't do that! LoL

From my Z30 via CB10
    01-10-14 08:45 PM
    I bought a new tablet too.

A blackberry Z30. A great mobile computing device.

Just beat all comers at CES Wired's blog contest.

Try one. You'll love it.

As an aside it vibrates and will fit in your pants pocket too. 8-10" tabs can't do that! LoL

From my Z30 via CB10
    Still haven't made time to grab one lol....gotta get that done! ( love my Z too).

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-10-14 09:11 PM
    Hey Morgan can I get your thought on the short interest numbers? Are u suprised that so many where able to cover and only pop the stock about a buck and a half and also how many do you think have covered since the 31st thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 10:18 PM
    Ahhhhhh...one following a long week!

Attachment 237640

Posted via CB10
    I am on my fith one. Just simple Bacardi. With soda stream water and ice
    01-10-14 10:24 PM
    Morgan, when I'm rich, we can have a both enjoy a warm cup of sake sometime in Tokyo, ya?

Good to hear from you. My plan is not to invest once I get some savings back up, but I will keep my eyes open... BB is looking like a good buy right now.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-10-14 11:22 PM
    Looking at the charts, we covered the gap back up to $10 now we need to cover the 10-15 WE CAN DO THIS!!
    01-10-14 11:39 PM
    I think the shorts will continue to cover and bring us back to 15 where we will float until we see some progress with JC's business plan

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 11:42 PM
    I think the shorts will continue to cover and bring us back to 15 where we will float until we see some progress with JC's business plan
    Posted via CB10
    I'm glad I hold in the storm despite my urging cash need for real estate.
    I'll wait as long as possible (at least next year) but I may consider cutting half of my position when we reach the low $11s as I will need some more cash to make decoration and construction.

[OT]
    Just got my new 29" 21:9 Philips monitor ... it's cool ! Feel like a kid in a candy store
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1522820_580122598749090_558655526_o.jpg

oh, didn't stand kiddish too long ... or maybe KidVibe style then
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1523446_580123365415680_1853306140_o.jpg

Have a great weekend gang !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-11-14 at 04:15 AM.
    01-11-14 02:46 AM
    I'll wait as long as possible (at least next year) but I may consider cutting half of my position when we reach the low $11s as I will need some more cash to make decoration and construction.

[OT]
    Just got my new 29" 21:9 Philips monitor ... it's cool ! Feel like a kid in a candy store

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1523446_580123365415680_1853306140_o.jpg 
Views:	1513 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	237676

w0w! Love the wallpaper . . . . and the monster monitor. Nice!
    01-11-14 07:43 AM

[OT]

Name:	1522820_580122598749090_558655526_o.jpg 
Views:	669 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	237675

Lol,
    "The old civil engineer" didnt comment on the so tight and secure BB wallpaper,
    BB=Bikini Bridge
    01-11-14 07:59 AM
    Oopsie . . . .

Target: Breach affected millions more customers

Associated Press
    January 11, 2014 2:17 AM GMT

NEW YORK (AP) — Target's pre-Christmas security breach was significantly more extensive and affected millions more shoppers than the company reported last month.

The nation's second largest discounter said Friday that hackers stole personal information — including names, phone numbers as well as email and mailing addresses — from as many as 70 million customers as part of a data breach it discovered in December.

Target Corp. disclosed last month that about 40 million credit and debit cards may have been affected by a data breach that happened between Nov. 27 and Dec. 15 — just as the holiday shopping season was getting into gear.

According to new information gleaned from its investigation with the Secret Service and the Department of Justice, Target said Friday that criminals also took non-credit card related data for some 70 million shoppers who could have made purchases at Target stores outside the late Nov. to mid-Dec. timeframe. Some overlap exists between the two data sets, the company said Friday.

"I know that it is frustrating for our guests to learn that this information was taken and we are truly sorry they are having to endure this," said Gregg Steinhafel, Target chairman, president and CEO, in a statement.

While Target investors have been largely unmoved, the incident has shaken shoppers.

The company's stock has traded at about $63 since news of the breach leaked on Dec. 18. It slipped just 67 cents, or 1 percent, to $62.67 in morning trading Friday.

Target revealed on Friday, however, that the breach diminished holiday sales. The company cut its forecast for fourth-quarter earnings, a key sales barometer.

The theft from Target's databases is still the second largest data breach on record, rivalling an incident uncovered in 2007 that saw more than 90 million credit card accounts pilfered from TJX Cos. Inc.

Target said in December that customers' names, credit and debit card numbers, card expiration dates, debit-card PINs and the embedded code on the magnetic strip on the back of cards had been stolen.

Target tried to woo scared shoppers back to stores on the last weekend before Christmas with a 10 percent discount on nearly everything in its stores. But Customer Growth Partners LLC, a retail consultancy, estimated that the number of transactions at Target fell 3 percent to 4 percent on the Saturday before Christmas, compared with a year ago.

"You have violated that person's trust. And it's going to take time to regain that trust," said Brian Sozzi, CEO & Chief Equities Strategist of Belus Capital Advisors.

Target lowered its fourth-quarter adjusted earnings guidance to a range of $1.20 to $1.30 per share, down from $1.50 to $1.60 per share.

Analysts surveyed by FactSet expect earnings of $1.24 per share.

The Minneapolis company also said that it now foresees fourth-quarter sales at stores open at least a year will be down about 2.5 percent. It previously predicted those sales would be about flat.

This figure is a closely-watched indicator of a retailer's health.

Target cautioned that its fourth-quarter financials may include charges related to the data breach. The chain said the costs tied to the breach may have a material adverse effect on its quarterly results as well as future periods.

The company has 1,921 stores, with 1,797 locations in the U.S. and 124 in Canada.

01-11-14 08:11 AM
    Lol,
    "The old civil engineer" didnt comment on the so tight and secure BB wallpaper,
    BB=Bikini Bridge
    "The old civil engineer" was trying to solve an "erect!on" issue with the bridge. LoL
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    01-11-14 08:15 AM
    Ailing BlackBerry Is a Patient That Can Be Cured, Says CEO John Chen | Re/code

BlackBerry’s chief executive John Chen likens the company he heads to a patient in serious need of medical attention.

And he is the surgeon.

“I would really kick myself if I don’t try it,” Chen said in an interview with Re/code. “Any normal exec or CEO would have probably said ‘I want a safer, easier job.’ I am abnormal.”

Chen’s treatment plan: BlackBerry needs to get back to its roots serving businesses, especially those in regulated industries, such as government and Wall Street, Chen explained. In those areas, BlackBerry still does not have a larger rival. But the company needs to act fast. Those who are using BlackBerry devices are, for the most part, using ones based on old versions of the company’s operating system.

The challenges faced by the well regarded former CEO of Sybase aren’t all that different from those he faced years ago when he was brought in to save that company. At the time, the company was struggling — and struggling against big-name players such as Microsoft and Oracle.

The first key to BlackBerry’s turnaround is to work with businesses that are using BlackBerry’s server software, since they are the ones most likely to stick with the company. The latest version of that software, known as BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, can manage iPhones and Android devices as well as BlackBerrys old and new.

But while 30,000 of the company’s 80,000 business customers have a BES 10 system in place, many of them are trial customers. Chen said a big part of his task is to convert the large but unspecified number of businesses testing the software into paying customers. From there, he hopes to start selling more BlackBerry-based handsets, too.

“I think I am going to sell the server first,” Chen said. “The server will lead the device sale.”

He didn’t give specific sales targets, but said he hopes to have solid numbers on both fronts to tout when he speaks at the Code Conference in May.

But even as it pursues expansion in some areas, Chen said, BlackBerry needs to continue its corporate diet, with the company likely to be smaller a year from now than it is today — and BlackBerry has already undergone some serious belt-tightening. At the same time, the company needs to invest in a couple areas, particularly its enterprise sales force and the server software development team.

Among the areas where Chen is scaling back is hardware projects, noting that he has killed a number of specific phone designs that were in the works when he joined two months ago.

The device business, Chen said, is tougher than the software part of the equation because it is so hit driven.

“It’s just like the movie business,” he said. Chen knows it has been a long time since BlackBerry had a hit, but said the company still has an opportunity to put out BB10-based devices that people will actually want to buy.

Those phones that BlackBerry does make will be built in large part with the help of Foxconn, with physical keyboards being a key feature on most devices.

Chen also wants BlackBerry to get closer to customers. As part of that plan, BlackBerry will open a major sales office near Wall Street customers in New York, a security research facility near its Washington, D.C.-based federal government customers and a Bay Area-based engineering office, he said.

“Over time I might build some more,” Chen said.

He’d like to have engineering talent at a number of sites around the world, but knows there are more pressing matters in his bid to turn around the struggling phone maker.

Chen sees two other businesses as part of the company’s future. First is the BBM messaging product, which has lost a lot of ground to WhatsApp, Line, iMessage and other products. But Chen noted it still has 83 million active monthly users, roughly half of whom are on Android or iOS devices.

To stay relevant, Chen said, it is important to see that number continue to grow. He pointed to a recent deal with Korea’s LG to preload BBM on its Android smartphones as an example of this strategy.

But perhaps the most important opportunity for BBM is to focus on features that businesses want, especially around security and manageability.

The other area with room to grow, Chen said, is the QNX business. BlackBerry bought QNX to form the heart of its revamped phone operating system, but QNX also has a strong position inside cars. Chen said there is an opportunity to expand its role in the car as well as other markets where machines are talking to machines, such as manufacturing.

One area where Chen isn’t spending much time is looking back at how BlackBerry got in the mess it is in.

“How you get sick is not the concern of the doctor,” Chen said. “The concern is how to fix you.”

He admitted that the surgery is not without major challenges, including some recalcitrant management and a customer base that has not gotten needed care and attention.

“If you are an emergency room doctor, you should not be afraid of the blood,” Chen said.

Chen sounds and acts like a man who is in this for the long haul. Until this week, BlackBerry was describing Chen as interim CEO, but the company says “the search for a CEO has been put on the back burner for now.”
    01-11-14 08:50 AM

Nice....ummm....monitor, yeah monitor. LOL

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    01-11-14 08:52 AM
    With so many breaches in security, hoping our Old Civil Engineer didn't suffer from the Snapchat exposed database
    Predictably, Snapchat user database maliciously exposed | ZDNet

Is someone compiling the total number of millions of people affected by all of these breaches, when will they wake up?
    01-11-14 09:18 AM
    Seems to me, in his glorious generosity, Superfly should share his wallpaper with his friends...

For the greater good of Civil Engineering and BBs, obviously!
    01-11-14 09:24 AM
    With so many breaches in security, hoping our Old Civil Engineer didn't suffer from the Snapchat exposed database

Is someone compiling the total number of millions of people affected by all of these breaches, when will they wake up?
    It is crazy isnt it....with all these breaches I would think an investment in an identity theft fund may be wise.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    01-11-14 09:26 AM

Believe me, if this Old Civil Engineer sent out a nude selfie . . . . . the SPCA and World Wildlife Fund would come running. LoL
    01-11-14 09:31 AM
    Believe me, if this Old Civil Engineer sent out a nude selfie . . . . . the SPCA and World Wildlife Fund would come running. LoL
    Why is that? Is it because over the years, that little beast is becoming endangered and rarely seen?
    01-11-14 09:57 AM
    Why is that? Is it because over the years, that little beast is becoming endangered and rarely seen?
    Gravity bud...it gets us all. lol

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 10:04 AM
    Developers Confirm Blackberry World will Soon be Accepting Android Apps

FWIW:

Major game and app development companies are being approached by Blackberry to submit their apps to a new section on Blackberry World. In the past, Blackberry only accepted apps done using their own proprietary format. In the near future Blackberry will be releasing a new firmware update that will allow users to install Android apps (apk) files directly on their phone. To gear up for this transition, Blackberry will be offering Android apps for direct download in their online app store.

At least four different game development companies at Pepcom and CES confirmed to Good e-Reader that they have been approached by Blackberry to include their productivity and gaming apps into Blackberry World. This basically requires no work on the developers part who have an existing Android app that is compatible on 4-6 inch smartphones. All the studios/developers have to do is make a new profile and submit icons/screenshots and app descriptions. Blackberry owners will be able to download and install them the same way they have been downloading apps since Blackberry 10 was released.

Blackberry is betting big on the 10.3 firmware update that will allow native android apps to work on the Q5, Q10, Z10 and Z30. This will allow your average user to install whatever they want and not be limited. The Good e-Reader labs tested an early build of this update on the Z10 and installed our own Good e-Reader App Store. I was able to install and run every app we had. This is going to be a serious boon for people who have been let down by the dirge of apps until this point on Blackberry World.

There is no estimated date when the new firmware update will be pushed out. Some companies have confirmed that its basically all done, but Blackberry is waiting to have at least 10,000 Android apps in their library before they start a marketing campaign.
    01-11-14 10:16 AM
    Seems to me, in his glorious generosity, Superfly should share his wallpaper with his friends...

For the greater good of Civil Engineering and BBs, obviously!
    Civil engineers meaning P___*?
    Lol
    Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 01-11-14 at 10:41 AM.
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    01-11-14 10:24 AM
113,256 ... 23402341234223432344 ...