View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%

The old civil engineer in me really likes those bridges...
    HEY!!!! I'm the old Civil Engineer!
    rarsen, Corbu, morganplus8 and 2 others like this.
    01-10-14 02:51 PM
    HEY!!!! I'm the old Civil Engineer!
    Sorry about that, Chief!
    rarsen, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-10-14 02:56 PM
    Short interest is out. 107 million!
    Down 36 million!

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, Corbu, rarsen and 14 others like this.
    01-10-14 03:06 PM
    Short interest is out. 107 million!
    Down 36 million!
    Holy declining short interest, batman.

Hard to believe close to 40 million short positions were closed and it only pushed the stock up a buck and a quarter.
    bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    01-10-14 03:12 PM
    Holy declining short interest, batman.

Hard to believe close to 40 million short positions were closed and it only pushed the stock up a buck and a quarter.
    They prop have covered another 30 since the 31st
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-10-14 03:17 PM
    The Cat is out of the bag and the shorts are covering i think we go up from here
    01-10-14 03:18 PM
    To a pretty good week all in all, don't you think?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-2xupz3i.jpeg

And now for our weekly quiz: How many Z10s in there?

Props to: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0/#post9833592
    zyben, bungaboy, rarsen and 7 others like this.
    01-10-14 03:22 PM
    To a pretty good week all in all, don't you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2xupZ3I.jpeg 
Views:	799 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	237610

And now for our weekly quiz: How many Z10s in there?

Props to: http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0/#post9833592
    There is 4
    zyben, rarsen, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    01-10-14 03:25 PM
    Up in AH After Hours: 8.87 +0.11 (1.26%) i guess its bullish that shorts are covering
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-10-14 03:44 PM
    Morgan we have talked offline a few times, and I cant thank you enough for your contribution and I wish you get the chance to go back to the tropics and enjoy! You know my position size and I am quite happy with being patient and waiting.
    01-10-14 03:48 PM
    There is 4
    I agree. From the bottom to the top #2, #5, #9 & #13.
    01-10-14 03:56 PM
    Hey Morgan8. I think I swam in the exact same place, in Coz. I think the only thing that saved me was growing up in the cess pool of the Ottawa river, and the Rideau. And, swimming /diving in various questionable harbours all around the world. I may have the antibody that you need.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 04:54 PM
    Encouraging story! Thanks for that, the DR, wow! I was "lucky" to make it home, I think. LOL

So glad to hear that you are doing well today, I hope your experience isn't scaring your family and friends away from the islands? I need a lot of work done still, the position of my brain is critical now, who would have thought? Because you have been through this, I will tell you that I needed 28 rounds of antibiotics to survive the initial shock to the system. I would be curious to hear more about your virus. I was a really healthy guy up to this point and that's paying off for me now. As for investments, be patient on this one, you will look back at the end of this year and be very pleased with the out come my friend!
    Morgan, you can pm anytime and we can chat. The story would make everyone here sick but I have to say that your experience trumps mine 10 fold. My heart goes out to you but by all accounts you're a strong person so I'm having a drink for you right now (yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause and you will be able to indulge with the rest of us soon) so here's to you!!!
    01-10-14 04:58 PM
    OT: Didn't want to say anything till markets closed but Love Oxygen Biotherapeutics (OXBT) nice 27% jump in stock price. I sold half my shares of BB and invested the other in OXBT and AMD, gotta divest my portfolio. So far I'm taking a small hit. If these 2 hit about $12/share and BB climbs back to $13 I will have counted this year a valuable lesson in the stock market.
    01-10-14 05:05 PM
    Well gang, another crazy cool day.
    Let's mark them all, let's enjoy them all.
    Being BB's day or just another day.

Luv.
    SF
    01-10-14 05:17 PM
    We didn't see such a positive and solid week for BBRY for months if not years...
    01-10-14 05:25 PM
    We didn't see such a positive and solid week for BBRY for months if not years...
    I guess this sums it up pretty well ...

BlackBerry CEO John Chen Is Creating the Unimaginable: Optimism
    Critically, even BlackBerry's primary investor, Fairfax Financial Holdings, has expressed its growing confidence in the brand. BlackBerry announced Jan. 8 that Fairfax, through its subsidiaries, is making an additional $250 million investment in the company, buying convertible debt.
    What a change ...
    Nite again !
    01-10-14 05:30 PM
    Damm, I must quit ... BBaddict !
    Last one, for the road ...

Apple iPhone Market Share 2013: Still growing, but slower than before | BGR
    The competition in the smartphone world might finally be making Apple sweat. According to the latest data from Kantar Worldpanel, the iPhone’s market share in Great Britain in November 2013 was down over 5% from the same month in 2012. Forbes contributor Chuck Jones points out that not only are other platforms growing at a much faster rate, but the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c are actually attracting a significantly smaller market share than the iPhone 5 did a year ago.
    Did you notice it's BGR's ?

edit; Kantar's figures are not good for BB either, to be fair.
    rarsen, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-10-14 05:38 PM
    From eweek:

John Chen is smart, focused, down to earth and pleasant. People are starting to think BlackBerry might not die after all.

BlackBerry CEO John Chen Is Creating the Unimaginable: Optimism
    01-10-14 06:01 PM
    Morgan, you can pm anytime and we can chat. The story would make everyone here sick but I have to say that your experience trumps mine 10 fold. My heart goes out to you but by all accounts you're a strong person so I'm having a drink for you right now (yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause and you will be able to indulge with the rest of us soon) so here's to you!!!
    Hi Markymark 23!!

I don't think my situation is any more dangerous than yours was, I wouldn't want emergency care in the DR myself. Anytime you need surgery for any virus it is a serious thing. I would like to hear your story someday soon as it might give me some insight into my own issues. For me it was timing, we couldn't move fast enough to contain the virus when it was outside of the brain.

New Investments:

Anyway, I would normally be posting my thoughts to my new BBM Channels Site regarding new investments and since you guys are going to make a crazy amount of money on BlackBerry this year, I thought I would post to this thread as my BBM Channels aren't fired up yet.

There are three investments shaping up here, one is:

IAG - it is turning up again and gold is starting a cycle of double bottoming and getting ready to rally here. Gold has to break its downtrend line in the next few days to confirm the new cycle and if it can, you will have a trading rally in gold and associated stocks. IAG will need to move above $ 3.70 next week to confirm the next leg up here. I'll post some charts to show everyone how this is shaping up again this year. On a TA basis, it is above its 7-ema and its 20-ema and ready to make a move.

The second choice is that of TGT-X. It is one of those plays that you look at over the past 2 years and wonder why anyone would invest it it. But those days of flat lining will soon be over, they have a great pipeline, $ 50 MM in cash, a burn rate of $ 16 MM and three years to get their drugs to market. The Baker Brothers are in this one and adding to their position and it just has to continue its trend above $ 5.00/shr to start the long climb to the moon. This one has taken 18 months to develop and should finally be the next ACAD/HALO in 2014. The stock is battling the 7-ema and the 20-ema and it looks like it is going to be a great rally once it clears the $ 5.00/shr mark.

It is diofficult to be the first mover in many of these stocks so this is a way to look at the long term chart and see that a couple of plays are setting up for major moves this year.

The third stock is THLD. It too has plenty of cash and some promising pipeline drugs in the works and actually earns an income. It has been flat lining between its 200 dma and its 50 dma and looks to be getting ready to make a big move in 2014 as well. The base is $ 4.00/shr forever and above the 200-dma you can expect some fireworks.
    01-10-14 06:40 PM
    Morgan,
    It's been said before by many other members of this thread but I must say it again: your posts are golden. I want to thank you for enlightening me on TA and a number of other interesting stocks.
    C
    01-10-14 06:49 PM
    Wow...awesomeness through and through you all. So happy you're back M8!! Nice to see the "vigor" again. .

(we leave for Belize on the 11th of Feb...free diving the blue hole for sh1ts n giggles and doing a ton of snorkeling/ diving around the reef too...now I'm half scared)

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 07:25 PM
    Encouraging story! Thanks for that, the DR, wow! I was "lucky" to make it home, I think. LOL

So glad to hear that you are doing well today, I hope your experience isn't scaring your family and friends away from the islands? I need a lot of work done still, the position of my brain is critical now, who would have thought? Because you have been through this, I will tell you that I needed 28 rounds of antibiotics to survive the initial shock to the system. I would be curious to hear more about your virus. I was a really healthy guy up to this point and that's paying off for me now. As for investments, be patient on this one, you will look back at the end of this year and be very pleased with the out come my friend!
    What a story, M8. Thank you for sharing it. Just got home having a beer and catching up on the thread. Really happy to see your positive attitude. Keep it up, positive thinking has real impacts at fighting diseases.

I am a little confused that you mentioned viral infection but you also mentioned treatment with antibiotics. Antibiotics don't kill virus, they kill bacteria. The viral form of the disease usually doesn't need treatment and typically resolves itself after couple weeks (there isn't an effective treatment for viral infection anyway). But if your membrane was compromised, antibiotics treatment is a good way to prevent bacteria invasion of the central nervous system.

I love traveling those islands too. My favorite vacation is sitting on the beach all day, SCUBA occasionally. But I am always worry about these bacteria, viruses, and parasites that cause Neuro inflammation. So, I usually don't dare to venture off to the untested areas. These things invade our brain usually by going up our nose. I don't put my face into rivers and lakes down there (and southern US), especially warm waters.
    It is serious stuff, M8, so please be a good patient and do exactly what the doctor ordered.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 07:37 PM
    Ahhhhhh...one following a long week!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000873.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 07:50 PM
    BlackBerry Z30 Defeats Rivals at CES Competition

As you all know, this week was the tech show to end all tech shows. The Consumer Electronics Show is held in Las Vegas every January, and tech bloggers from all over the world flock to the Las Vegas Convention Center to ogle at all the newest gadgetry. Among the crew in attendance were a group of four editors from Wired, and they decided to hold a small competition to see which smart phone could handle a show of this magnitude the best. It may come as a surprise to you that BlackBerry pretty much demolished the competition.

Wired first announced the competition at the beginning of the week, and the rules are simple: offer compelling coverage and content at CES 2014 with nothing but a smart phone. No laptops, DSLRs, high quality audio recorders, or fancy tablets allowed.

Each of the four editors were assigned a different smartphone from the four major operating systems, Android (Motorola Moto X), BlackBerry (Z30), iOS (iPhone 5S), and Windows Mobile (Nokia Lumia 1020). The competitors were awarded 25 points for every day they successfully used only the smart phone, as well as bonus points for various other achievements.

Here�s how the competition ended:

4th Place: Android/Motorola Moto X with 100 points
    3rd Place: Windows/Nokia Lumia 1020 with 145 points
    2nd Place: iOS/iPhone 5S with 147.75 points
    1st Place: BlackBerry/BlackBerry Z30 with 257.5 points

Not only did the Z30 win, but it blew everyone else out of the water by over 100 points! I don�t know about you, but that� s a pretty major victory for what they all figured would be the under dog!

For more information on how BlackBerry swept the floor with all its competitors, as well as seeing how Wired offered amazing coverage of CES with nothing but smart phones, check out this link.

If you�d like to chime in on what you think about this competition, we�ve already got a good conversation going over in our forums; feel free to voice your opinion in there!

And finally, if you want to congratulate Tim Moynihan on his victory, feel free to hit him up on Twitter. And don�t forget to drop our favorite hashtag, #IChooseN4BB!

BlackBerry Z30 Defeats Rivals at CES Competition - N4BB
    01-10-14 07:58 PM
113,256 ... 23392340234123422343 ...