View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    IF nokia is valued at 30 billions i think blackberry is worth more then 5 billion
    01-10-14 10:42 AM
    Yes im really interested in that number, remember last years shorts held on all the way up to 18 but maybe now that all the bad news is out they would change there mind.
    I think we are missing information when it comes to number of shorts, and that is the price at which they shorted.

If everyone shorted at 25$, then it stands to reason that they still all held at 18$ whereas people that shorted at 8$ might cover way earlier. That is why I find it really hard to read into these reports on the number of shorted stocks. Maybe someone can tell me wrong, and explain what I am missing...
    01-10-14 11:05 AM
    Hope your recovery will be smooth Morgan!! looking forward to your channels!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 11:05 AM
    Slightly OT but worth a look:
    Samsung: Knox Security Gap Not Specific to Galaxy Devices - Digits - WSJ

Samsung Electronics said a security gap in its Galaxy smartphone identified by an Israeli cybersecurity lab is not specific to the company’s devices.

Rather, Samsung said, the vulnerability is more broadly linked to Google's Android operating system. In a statement on the company’s website Thursday, Samsung said that “legitimate Android functions” could be used “in an unintended way” to intercept unencrypted application data.

“This research did not identify a flaw or bug in Samsung Knox or Android, ” it said.

Knox is Samsung’s security system that attempts to cordon off company data from applications for personal use.

The statement, which Samsung said was published in collaboration with Google, said that its research showed “the importance of encrypting application data before sending it to the Internet.”

Samsung’s statement said that customers who used “standard security technologies,” such as a virtual private network, would have prevented an attack.

Google confirmed that it had contributed input to the Samsung statement, but declined to comment further Friday.

Other makers of devices running the Android operating system, including South Korea’s LG Electronics and Taiwan’s HTC declined to comment.

Last month, researchers at Israel’s Ben-Gurion University of the Negev claimed to have discovered the security gap, which it called a “critical vulnerability in highly secure Samsung mobile devices” – a reference to the Knox security system that the company has preinstalled on its new high-end Galaxy smartphones.

“We aim only to increase the public’s security and privacy awareness and we believe it is critical to issue a security patch to Android and/or Samsung KNOX based devices in order to shut down the open vulnerability,” Ben-Gurion University’s Cyber Security Labs said in response to Samsung’s latest statement.

The university’s claim regarding the vulnerability, which was published by the university on its main website, was first reported in The Wall Street Journal last month.
    morganplus8, sidhuk, zyben and 8 others like this.
    01-10-14 11:08 AM
    [QUOTE=morganplus8;9832589][QUOTE]

That is crazy! Glad to hear you are doing better though. Hang in there!
    La Emperor, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    01-10-14 11:10 AM
    Wow, your story made me even more curious. When you refer to the tropics, may I ask where exactly? I hope you make it back there soon.

Perhaps for the $100 party, or did you just tell us you'll be selling your BBRY stock at the 10.x levels?? :-)

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-10-14 11:20 AM
    I think we are missing information when it comes to number of shorts, and that is the price at which they shorted.

If everyone shorted at 25$, then it stands to reason that they still all held at 18$ whereas people that shorted at 8$ might cover way earlier. That is why I find it really hard to read into these reports on the number of shorted stocks. Maybe someone can tell me wrong, and explain what I am missing...
    "Short interest in RIM climbed to 59.2 million shares at the end of February 2012" so that tells me that the shorts are $15 dollars or under and the 59.2 million are above 15 dollars

http://static.seekingalpha.com/uploa...rtinterest.jpg

Also that shows that the ones above 15 are most like around 50 dollars or soo
    01-10-14 12:01 PM
    Wow, your story made me even more curious. When you refer to the tropics, may I ask where exactly? I hope you make it back there soon.

Perhaps for the $100 party, or did you just tell us you'll be selling your BBRY stock at the 10.x levels?? :-)

Posted via CB10
    We travel all over the Caribbean and down to the South end of Mexico and everything in between. One of our favourite trips is a quick flight to Cozumel where we rent a Jeep and travel the island for remote spots to swim and snorkel all day. It was on one of those trips where we were facing the mainland that I contracted a virus. We know this because we didn't leave a specific area that week. I only found out that I had a problem when we left the airport. I suffered incredible pain for the rest of the flight and went to the hospital as soon as we landed. The virus had kicked in and was eating away at that time. We had no idea where all of the waste products from the mainland and the island itself went. It doesn't surprise me now that they simply dump their waste into the sea! My family and friends don't ever want to go South again and that's plain silly so I promised them that as soon as I can fly I'll be returning to Cozumel. This was a very rare occurance and not likely to happen to me again. Looking back, I probably won't be staying in/near Cancun anytime soon but everywhere else is still a go.

As for BBRY, when the cerebral-spinal fluid burst, I sold off a large part of my holdings for my family's sake. Once we felt I was okay I quickly bought those shares back. Part of that trade was 50,000 shares of BBRY, since then, I have thought about trading those shares and have done so twice now. I hold a great deal more of BBRY but I will be trading the 50,000 in the weeks ahead. My $ 10.25/shr target would be my next trade. I'll have a better feel for it all when we near $ 10.00/shr. I could in fact decide NOT to sell any of those shares so don't plan on following me only to find out that I purchased more! LOL

Hope that answers your questions?
    01-10-14 12:05 PM
    I feel the concern of your health, Morgan. This is some really serious stuff. Sending prayers, and positive thoughts for you. As others do, I wish you the best and fastest recovery.
    01-10-14 12:10 PM
    Hi Morgan, I hope you are able to put all of this stuff behind you someday soon. I caught a virus too a few years back and was hospitalized (in the Dom. Rep. - yikes) and then surgery here. I'm fine now, all went back to normal but it did take quite a long time. About the only thing it seems to have done is scuttle my ability to invest properly lol. All the best...and thanks so much for all that you do.
    01-10-14 12:15 PM
    We travel all over the Caribbean and down to the South end of Mexico and everything in between. One of our favourite trips is a quick flight to Cozumel where we rent a Jeep and travel the island for remote spots to swim and snorkel all day. It was on one of those trips where we were facing the mainland that I contracted a virus. We know this because we didn't leave a specific area that week. I only found out that I had a problem when we left the airport. I suffered incredible pain for the rest of the flight and went to the hospital as soon as we landed. The virus had kicked in and was eating away at that time. We had no idea where all of the waste products from the mainland and the island itself went. It doesn't surprise me now that they simply dump their waste into the sea! My family and friends don't ever want to go South again and that's plain silly so I promised them that as soon as I can fly I'll be returning to Cozumel. This was a very rare occurance and not likely to happen to me again. Looking back, I probably won't be staying in/near Cancun anytime soon but everywhere else is still a go.

As for BBRY, when the cerebral-spinal fluid burst, I sold off a large part of my holdings for my family's sake. Once we felt I was okay I quickly bought those shares back. Part of that trade was 50,000 shares of BBRY, since then, I have thought about trading those shares and have done so twice now. I hold a great deal more of BBRY but I will be trading the 50,000 in the weeks ahead. My $ 10.25/shr target would be my next trade. I'll have a better feel for it all when we near $ 10.00/shr. I could in fact decide NOT to sell any of those shares so don't plan on following me only to find out that I purchased more! LOL

Hope that answers your questions?
    Wow, that is a crazy story MP8!

I was just in Cozumel 2 weeks ago and nearly went diving. Hearing your story now makes me glad I didn't! When you say 'facing the mainland' I assume you went snorkeling somewhere around San Miguel? And likely shortly after a rain storm?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    01-10-14 12:26 PM
    I feel the concern of your health, Morgan. This is some really serious stuff. Sending prayers, and positive thoughts for you. As others do, I wish you the best and fastest recovery.
    Thanks JLagoon,

I felt that out of respect I should mention what my surgeries are for, as most CB members have no clue what's wrong with me. For many, a root canal is surgery and it would be ignorant of me to not to at least provide the reason why I'm not posting to the thread any more. So now that is off my back! I have found that the only thing that is worth considering "serious" in your life are those around you, nothing else matters. Without going through something like this, I would never have appreciated everyone else as much as I do today. Not that I didn't care for them, it's how my actions affect others, that part I never understood. Now I get it, so my advice to everyone is, take good care of your health, you might need to call on your heart and lungs to fight a battle of a life time. Thanks sir!

BBRY is holding up fine, we had a few hours in the negative this week and the rest of the time we have been gaining. Looking forward to a JLagoon chart in the days ahead!
    01-10-14 01:10 PM
    Good to see you active Morgan.

I'm thinking it looks poised to climb in the last hour. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-10-14 01:15 PM
    Take care Morgan. Positive vibes all the way.
    01-10-14 01:17 PM
    Hi Morgan, I hope you are able to put all of this stuff behind you someday soon. I caught a virus too a few years back and was hospitalized (in the Dom. Rep. - yikes) and then surgery here. I'm fine now, all went back to normal but it did take quite a long time. About the only thing it seems to have done is scuttle my ability to invest properly lol. All the best...and thanks so much for all that you do.
    Encouraging story! Thanks for that, the DR, wow! I was "lucky" to make it home, I think. LOL

So glad to hear that you are doing well today, I hope your experience isn't scaring your family and friends away from the islands? I need a lot of work done still, the position of my brain is critical now, who would have thought? Because you have been through this, I will tell you that I needed 28 rounds of antibiotics to survive the initial shock to the system. I would be curious to hear more about your virus. I was a really healthy guy up to this point and that's paying off for me now. As for investments, be patient on this one, you will look back at the end of this year and be very pleased with the out come my friend!
    Korepab, jxnb, Superfly_FR and 4 others like this.
    01-10-14 01:23 PM
    Wow, that is a crazy story MP8!

I was just in Cozumel 2 weeks ago and nearly went diving. Hearing your story now makes me glad I didn't! When you say 'facing the mainland' I assume you went snorkeling somewhere around San Miguel? And likely shortly after a rain storm?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cozumel.png

I don't want to ruin the conversation on this thread so I'll make it short! San Miguel faces Playa Del Carmen, but the road North of San Miguel ends at that bump just North of the Village. We have two locations we like to go to, the one at the South end of the island which borders a Park, and the remote location at the top. When I get there I only see the vast water and little else. On a really clear day you can see Cancun. I think our issue was with the location, there is a fresh water stream there and we enter the sea from that location and it is likely a breeding ground for waste products from all directions. The water is like 100 degrees and makes it easy to enter the sea. The West side of the island is so rough, you rarely are able to enter the water on that side. So you are partially right, at the end of the road North of the Village is a Hotel, that's the last thing you'll see on your journey. We drive out of the village and head West and then North. That's why I feel like I'm on the opposite side of the village and still see Cancun.
    01-10-14 01:42 PM
    Hey, Morgan -- I really appreciate your posts this week and especially today. What you're saying is very meaningful in a lot of ways. As far as one's actions affecting others around them, please just know that your words and generous mentoring have helped a number of people on this thread, not the least being me.
    01-10-14 01:47 PM
    Good to see you active Morgan.

I'm thinking it looks poised to climb in the last hour. Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    The stock is doing extremely well, we should be so lucky to own a stock that burns off over-bought TA this way. We are strong all day, the volume has dried up completely now and it can be pushed higher when they are ready. In the past, we would see a rally like this and a drop shortly there-after. JLagoon provides the best charts for daily activity and I'm not going to challenge his good work by doing my own. I would guess it looks like a pennant formation and is likely to resolve higher from here. Nice to see it trading at $ 8.88 and not prior to falling into the hands of Prem at that! LOL
    sidhuk, rarsen, Corbu and 5 others like this.
    01-10-14 01:48 PM
    Hey, Morgan -- I really appreciate your posts this week and especially today. What you're saying is very meaningful in a lot of ways. As far as one's actions affecting others around them, please just know that your words and generous mentoring have helped a number of people on this thread, not the least being me.
    Hi jxnb!!

Yeah, I'm learning a lot about life lately. For instance, you can't hide anything, in my city someone knows someone and all the news gets out. The second point is that you shouldn't hold back thinking you are protecting others from some kind of pain. It doesn't work that way at all. You need to lead by example and put it all out there and show some strength. I'll be remembered for what I have done, my family is secure, I have accompished plenty of things and would like to do more but in the end, there are all kinds of people with greater issues than I have right now. I'm spending all kinds of time with my family because of this, that's cool! I problably should talked about this sooner! Thanks
    rarsen, zyben, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    01-10-14 02:08 PM
    Are we in the breakout portion of a cup and handle formation that started in November?
    01-10-14 02:09 PM
    Damn Morgan, thats crazy stuff. Get well please.
    01-10-14 02:10 PM
    Are we in the breakout portion of a cup and handle formation that started in November?
    I won't post the chart but you are right, up to the $ 8.00/shr area, we had the classic drop, the base building period and the start of a rally that backed off at $ 7.80/shr. Now we have cleared important resistance and rallied hard. The only thing to slow us down is the RSI above 70 right now, otherwise, the trend is definitely up from here. I'm following the 7-ema for this rally and the stock has gotten ahead of itself here.
    jxnb, rarsen, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    01-10-14 02:14 PM
    here trending now.
    Bikini Bridge.
    CANT INSTALL BUEDIO SOFTWARE - Yahoo Search Results
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    01-10-14 02:18 PM
    Bikini Bridge.

The old civil engineer in me really likes those bridges...
    01-10-14 02:34 PM
    Even an old engineer who is not civil (pun possible) hasn't lost his appreciation for the finer things in life. Hi-hi
    01-10-14 02:50 PM
113,256 ... 23382339234023412342 ...