Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Seems to be a setup for a pop day.
    01-10-14 07:08 AM
    Confession time. I am posting from an iPad Air. First Apple product ever. Laptop died so I was looking for a no hassle solution to deal with email, surfing and light document handling. It costs and typing sucks but for my aging eyes the screen size, form factor and simplicity or how it handles docs, PDFs and the like it's OK. Have a new appreciation for Apps as well. Not the end all, but some are slick and make it easier. BBRY keyboard still FAR superior. Chen is 100% right to tout it.
    01-10-14 07:29 AM
    there is definitely a Trojan Horse in the company ! either Literally or just with the form of incompetence.

it is OUTREGEOUS that bbm messaging from BB devices to ios and android devices is down for many hours and noone has done anything about it. worst publicity for BBRY and it will come out really negative from the usual suspects... and sadly they are right too
    01-10-14 07:38 AM
    OT but is it too late to buy HALO? BBRY seems to be taking off at ease.

Posted via CB10
    Confession time. I am posting from an iPad Air. First Apple product ever. Laptop died so I was looking for a no hassle solution to deal with email, surfing and light document handling. It costs and typing sucks but for my aging eyes the screen size, form factor and simplicity or how it handles docs, PDFs and the like it's OK. Have a new appreciation for Apps as well. Not the end all, but some are slick and make it easier. BBRY keyboard still FAR superior. Chen is 100% right to tout it.
    Work got me an air - I've found the best PDF app is PDF expert - I like the ipad but find it a little inflexible compared to my nexus 7 tablet.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    RBC upgraded BlackBerry to sector perform.

Hopefully the rest try to keep up with this SP too.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    Corbu, W Hoa, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    01-10-14 07:44 AM
    Premarket has bbry within spitting distance of $9

01-10-14 07:45 AM
    RBC upgraded BlackBerry to sector perform.
    With a price target of $10.
    W Hoa, bungaboy, dusdal and 3 others like this.
    01-10-14 07:50 AM
    Premarket has bbry within spitting distance of $9

Hopefully its not the whole pump and dump game again , i remember earlier in the year that was happening every day for a while
    01-10-14 08:05 AM
    there is definitely a Trojan Horse in the company ! either Literally or just with the form of incompetence.

it is OUTREGEOUS that bbm messaging from BB devices to ios and android devices is down for many hours and noone has done anything about it. worst publicity for BBRY and it will come out really negative from the usual suspects... and sadly they are right too
    The thread for "OUTREGEOUS" posts/rants is down the hall and to the left!
    Last edited by bungaboy; 01-10-14 at 03:39 PM.
    01-10-14 08:09 AM
    Hopefully its not the whole pump and dump game again , i remember earlier in the year that was happening every day for a while
    Lets see . . . a quick pump to $9.15 range followed by a dip into the $8.75 range then flatline for a while.
    sidhuk and BlackistheBerry like this.
    01-10-14 08:11 AM
    Lets see . . . a quick pump to $9.15 range followed by a dip into the $8.75 range then flatline for a while.
    Maybe but remember nothing is causing these pops but market makers and short covering atm.
    01-10-14 08:14 AM
    Also after the mkt close today is short interest as of 2013 year end. It will be interesting to see the amount of decrease.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 08:18 AM
    Shall I set a sell order at 9.14 and buy order at 8.76? Just kidding.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-10-14 08:20 AM
    Also after the mkt close today is short interest as of 2013 year end. It will be interesting to see the amount of decrease.

Posted via CB10
    Yes im really interested in that number, remember last years shorts held on all the way up to 18 but maybe now that all the bad news is out they would change there mind.
    01-10-14 08:22 AM
    Oh, I am sorely tempted, but don't have the doodads for it. LoL
    01-10-14 08:25 AM
    The thread for "OUTREGEOUS" posts/rants id down the hall and to the left!
    Funny how new and the old and the new ID showed up at the same time. It has been a relief from doom gloom and BS posters. I guess they are back again.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    01-10-14 08:42 AM
    Briefly broke through $9.00

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-10-14 08:57 AM
    OT. Can anyone tell me or private message me what other stocks the baker brothers are invested in?

Posted via CB10
    i believe this one was updated yesterday: BAKER BROS ADVISORS LLC Current Holdings *(note updated as of 1/9/14)* |
    notafanboy likes this.
    01-10-14 09:51 AM
    We will trade flat that until end of day where i think we will see another rise
    01-10-14 10:02 AM
    This week finally brought my BlackBerry shares to back in black status...ya.
    Glad to know you are on the mend Morgan. You keep leaving us all to worry about you. Wish I had of bought HALO last summer when you first talked about it. I looked hard at it but the pharmaceuticals don't like me so I stood and watched it take off. Hope you are taking a little profit off the table on that one.
    CB10
    Hi Robert!!!

Good to see you back on the boards again! I have a couple of charts for you to help you decide what to do next.

Let's start with BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-january-10-2014.png

BBRY has come a long way over this past month. The stock price is way over-bought now but the momentum is on its side. We blew through resistance (heavy line) and now that is considered support so you would look to buy at $ 8.40/shr. The weak downtrend line ($ 9.25 is the target) is our next target and we are trying to get there while over-bought. The end goal for me is that $ 10.25/shr mark which I believe is where we are going on this long move up. We need to take the time to work off the over-bought situation otherwise we are setting ourselves up for a more pronounced sell-off down the road.

The next stock is HALO:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-jan-10-2014.png

This one is popular and you just have to play the channel until someone comes along and buys the company for $ 35.00/shr. Simple! I'm currently about to write the Feb $ 17.00/shr Calls on this one giving me about $ 18.40/shr should the stock pop to the top of that channel. That's a great return for such a short period of time (recently bought at $ 14.35/shr).

As for my health, I haven't said much about it but I should at least explain what has happened. I incurred a virus in my head while in the tropics, I brought it home and immediately underwent surgery to kill off the virus before it could do more damage as it moved lightening fast. It has been eroding a number of protective layers, starting in the middle ears, I lost my hearing, it has eaten away at the protective layers of my nerve structure (7 nerves on each side of your head), and finally, it has broken through the dura and entered the cranial cavity of the brain. When the dura broke I lost most of my cerebral-spinal fluid, this happened just prior to Christmas. So that is why I have undergone so many surgeries. We are trying to capture and contain the virus before it does any more harm, then we can start the rebuilding process. I mentioned back in December that I was launching some BBM Channels but those three channels will have to wait until we resolve the latest breach. We spent a lot of time in the tropics each year and most of that time is spent in the water. I have never used any protection from the elements and never knew that I could contract something like this virus. If we can resolve this problem I'm likely to head back down there again, only this time I'll take some precautions. So that is why I have been stepping aside from the thread for the past year. This is of course the quick notes non-medical version of what has happened! Thanks for your ongoing concern, as with many others on this thread, our family does appreciate it very much.
    01-10-14 10:03 AM
    GL with your health, Morgan.
    01-10-14 10:07 AM
    Keep up the good fight M-8
    01-10-14 10:19 AM
    Morgan, STAND SURE!

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Continue to send good waves and positive vibes your way.
    01-10-14 10:35 AM
    Well we were close on the lower one. It hit $8.78! LoL The high so far only $9.005.

So now you see why I don't swing trade. LoL
    Corbu and sidhuk like this.
    01-10-14 10:39 AM
113,256 ... 23372338233923402341 ...