View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OK....way way OT. Posted for amusement purposes only.

Marijuana stocks soar as speculators see green
    They�ve got high hopes.

Bruce Perlowin, the chief executive officer of Hemp Inc. who has seen his stock soar 205 percent to 8 cents in the last three days, says investors are suddenly bidding up marijuana companies because they want to find �the next Microsoft.� Robert Frichtel, his Advanced Cannabis Solutions Inc. up 144 percent after posting $455 in sales last quarter, said �euphoria� is driving gains that in some cases top 1,700 percent.

�The demand for marijuana is insatiable,� said Perlowin, a once-jailed smuggler who filed last month to sell 12 million shares of the Las Vegas-based company even as its market value holds 99.97 percent below the world�s biggest software maker. �You have a feeding frenzy for the birth of a new industry.�

While regulators warn of scams, some of the biggest percentage gains in the stock market this year are being enjoyed by investors speculating on marijuana penny stocks. GreenGro Technologies Inc., which provides management services for medical dispensaries, has soared 1,714 percent to 80 cents. Tranzbyte Corp., which sells pot in Colorado, has gained more than 310 percent in five trading sessions, crossing above a penny for the first time in 11 months.

Marijuana stocks soar as speculators see green | Financial Post
    01-09-14 04:05 PM
    The sooner they make this legal the better....geez all the money wasted fighting a drug war they will never ever win is just so daft.
    01-09-14 04:14 PM
    The sooner they make this legal the better....geez all the money wasted fighting a drug war they will never ever win is just so daft.
    I agree... tax the **** out of it, make it quality and the same price/cheaper than you can get it on the street, and you get 2 major benefits... 1, major revenues that will offset the loss, or at least decline, in smokers revenues, and 2, a major hit to organized crime. Imagine the loss the Angels would feel if they no longer had the green flowing from the green?
    01-09-14 04:21 PM
    I agree... tax the **** out of it, make it quality and the same price/cheaper than you can get it on the street, and you get 2 major benefits... 1, major revenues that will offset the loss, or at least decline, in smokers revenues, and 2, a major hit to organized crime. Imagine the loss the Angels would feel if they no longer had the green flowing from the green?
    Totally CJ, I know quite a few people personally in the "Biz" from my town... This is going to happen, it has to because local governments are broke both here and in the USA. Dishing out speeding tickets just does not cut it anymore! They need serious revenue and this is it. Plus, nobody will drive fast anymore as everything will be in slow motion
    01-09-14 04:27 PM
    Sean Penn at his best...

cjcampbell, bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    01-09-14 04:36 PM
    Totally CJ, I know quite a few people personally in the "Biz" from my town... This is going to happen, it has to because local governments are broke both here and in the USA. Dishing out speeding tickets just does not cut it anymore! They need serious revenue and this is it. Plus, nobody will drive fast anymore as everything will be in slow motion
    And having been there (I was one of the ones doing the fighting), I agree with you guys in terms of the casual/simple possession-type of user. This is going to be a double-whammy money maker for government in terms of what they can make (tax) and what they don't have to spend (enforcement). Personally though.....I prefer Wisers!!!
    01-09-14 04:53 PM
    We derailed a lot v.s the thread lol
    Agree with most, may I add the therapeutic aspect is very, very interesting and promising.
    A very good friend of mine has sclerosis and it's a real hope for him...

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 05:06 PM
    Back on topic, I liked to see this afternoon after a busy day

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140109_234459.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-09-14 05:09 PM
    And having been there (I was one of the ones doing the fighting), I agree with you guys in terms of the casual/simple possession-type of user. This is going to be a double-whammy money maker for government in terms of what they can make (tax) and what they don't have to spend (enforcement). Personally though.....I prefer Wisers!!!
    Me too. BUD wisers. LoL
    01-09-14 05:38 PM
    Love the headline:

"BlackBerry's Funeral May Have To Wait. It Seems To Have Returned From The Dead"

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry's Funeral May Have To Wait. It Seems To Have Returned From The Dead - Seeking Alpha
    Other than George K, Michael is the only other SA writer worth his salt.
    01-09-14 07:08 PM
    Slightly OT but have you guys seen this?

BBi Showcase: BlackBerry MySpot -

Not technically bright enough to determine whether it is interesting or not... Seems to be but what do I know!
    bungaboy, zyben and rarsen like this.
    01-09-14 07:22 PM
    This is another example of how experts are bull****. I was recently having a conversation with a friend who said I was mad for generally completely ignoring experts in finance, business, and politics, but I don't care. If you actually follow up on most experts, you find that they are almost always wrong. These analysts predict one thing and then predict something else shortly after. They should all just try to be honest and say they haven't got a clue.

Posted via CB10
    Buffett or Munger once said that analysts are right about 50% of the time.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 07:24 PM
    BlackBerry's Chen: We'll get our talent from Silicon Valley - Fortune Tech

Excerpts:
    Despite the seeming improbability of bringing BlackBerry back from the dead, Chen has a lot of goodwill behind him. For one, investors are anxious to support any company that can disrupt the stronghold that Google and Apple have in the smartphone market, making the competitive dynamics more equitable. And a generation of smartphone users who first learned to send e-mail on the go with a BlackBerry still miss the physical keyboards. Chen has said he'll bring them back.

In December, Chen announced a corporate reorganization that untethered the company's software services from its devices. And he's building a sales force to make a more direct pitch to regulated industries like finance and health care, which face security measures and compliance issues that BlackBerry has long been well-equipped to address. "The reason BlackBerry hasn't won it in the past is because there hasn't been a sales force on it," he said.

Chen has faith that BlackBerry will rise again. He has now dropped the "interim" from his title as CEO. But he's not leaving Silicon Valley for Waterloo, where the company is based. "This is where we're closer to the market and we'll get our talent," he said.
    01-09-14 07:38 PM
    QNX Shows Off With 13 Partners at CES http://www.berryreview.com/2014/01/0...BerryReview%29
    notafanboy, Corbu, zyben and 7 others like this.
    01-09-14 09:33 PM
    OT. Can anyone tell me or private message me what other stocks the baker brothers are invested in?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 09:45 PM
    OT. Can anyone tell me or private message me what other stocks the baker brothers are invested in?
    Not sure, but this might help:
    Following Smart Money: Baker Brothers LLC Investments In 2013 And Beyond - Seeking Alpha
    Following Smart Money: Baker Brothers Investments In 2013 And Beyond, Part 2 - Seeking Alpha

Let us know if you find anything else! GL
    rarsen, bungaboy and notafanboy like this.
    01-09-14 09:55 PM
    This week finally brought my BlackBerry shares to back in black status...ya.
    Glad to know you are on the mend Morgan. You keep leaving us all to worry about you. Wish I had of bought HALO last summer when you first talked about it. I looked hard at it but the pharmaceuticals don't like me so I stood and watched it take off. Hope you are taking a little profit off the table on that one.
    I really like JC and am confident that he is the man to turn this ship around. PW on the other hand is in my bad books. The only good thing he has done for us is bring in JC. Everything else PW has done was for his own benefit. My wish is that PW stays the heck away from JC and let's him do his stuff. We need the JC vision to materialize. The only thing JC has done so far that causes me to scratch my head a bit is his comments about having the future focus on the querty. I know some who are lovers of the querty but I just see the future as being all about screen space. A decent screen size is important for so many different functions and applications. The Q10's were never flying off the shelf. Looks like they are moving ahead with the Q30. I would like to hear your comments about the keyboard focus.
    Looks like Super Fly is soon moving to Canada or the USA as I read that French millionaires get taxed at a rate of 75%.
    TMG:TSXV or TMGEF:US (greys). Try to pick up under 0. 07, 12 month hold, looking for 0.25 by Dec 2014. I hold it. Don't put the farm on it.
    Still using the Z10 but my bro got the Z30 and has easily sold me on it. I can upgrade in February so I'm already anxious for it cause it blows me away for several reasons. Who needs the querty?
    I think the 100 party should be in Paris so Super Fly has no excuse and we can drink lots of French champagne.
    Wishing you all a kickass 2014!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, sidhuk, cjcampbell and 7 others like this.
    01-09-14 10:15 PM
    Been profiting off halo a lot, usually just buy 60 contracts may start purchasing more after next big drop

Posted via CB10
    Randeman and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-09-14 11:36 PM
    Buffett or Munger once said that analysts are right about 50% of the time.

Posted via CB10
    Coin flip. I would agree that in a very broad sense, 50% seems about right, but in specifics it's just extremely difficult to predict things. 'the signal and the noise' is a great book that covers this phenomenon actually.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 01:26 AM
    Looks like Super Fly is soon moving to Canada or the USA as I read that French millionaires get taxed at a rate of 75%.
    LOL, I wish I had to pay these 75% ... so far away from my current situation ... (more than €1million/month salary)
    Still using the Z10 but my bro got the Z30 and has easily sold me on it. I can upgrade in February so I'm already anxious for it cause it blows me away for several reasons. Who needs the querty?
    Yup, totally agree. Makes me wonder why Chen is promoting QWERTY again ... They must have something really cool ... or cheap to promote in the next keyboard device. Or it'll be a ...flop.
    I think the 100 party should be in Paris so Super Fly has no excuse and we can drink lots of French champagne.
    Wishing you all a kickass 2014!
    Anytime for the $100 in Paris !
    Thank you and wishing you the exact same !

Cheers
    SF
    rarsen, bungaboy, Randeman and 2 others like this.
    01-10-14 02:58 AM
    Back on topic, I liked to see this afternoon after a busy day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140109_234459.png 
Views:	939 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	237373

Posted via CB10
    May I ask which app you are using?

All Black all BlackBerry-thing!
    01-10-14 03:24 AM
    May I ask which app you are using?

It's Stocks for BlackBerry10. Get it here : Stocks for BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry World
    Or scan this with your BB10 device within BBM:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-appworld.blackberry.com.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-10-14 03:46 AM
    It's Stocks for BlackBerry10. Get it here : Stocks for BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry World
    Or scan this with your BB10 device within BBM:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	appworld.blackberry.com.png 
Views:	1023 
Size:	819 Bytes 
ID:	237479
    Thank you. Downloading now!

01-10-14 04:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Found this, Baker holdings BAKER BROS ADVISORS LLC : Portfolio Holdings | J3SG
    rarsen, jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    01-10-14 06:00 AM
    Stockdaddy Turbo just got a sweet update that gives you in hub stock alert notifications. I've been using the Stocks app up until now, but I imagine some of you more active traders will appreciate this new feature.

http://crackberry.com/stock-daddy-tu...ed?cb_mobile=0

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35677891

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-10-14 06:51 AM
113,256 ... 23362337233823392340 ...