View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    01-09-14 10:00 AM
    Well the Law Firm "Dewey, Cheatem & Howe" is the big loser here.

Apple, Samsung CEOs agree to mediation in U.S. patent fight

SAN FRANCISCO — Reuters
    Published Thursday, Jan. 09 2014, 5:53 AM EST
    Last updated Thursday, Jan. 09 2014, 5:56 AM EST
    sidhuk and Robert Halloran like this.
    01-09-14 10:11 AM
    BlackBerry price target raised to $8-$9 from $6.50-$7 at Wells Fargo

After meeting with BlackBerry's management, Wells Fargo believes that worries about the company's liquidity are less of an issue. The firm thinks the company is making the right moves, but recommends waiting for more business model clarity and P&L transitions before getting more constructive on the name. The firm keeps a Market Perform rating on the stock.

BlackBerry Price Target Raised
    Coming from these BBRY haters that's a pretty good report. We need time to let all of this news work its magic. When BB 10.2.1 comes out, voice and video for BBM-X and some perks for BES 10.2 clients in the BBM area, we could see some meaningful moves here. I tell you, I can't find fault in anything they are doing right now. While we wait, that heavy resistance at $ 8.20 to $ 8.45 is acting as great support. Prem got himself a great deal on those remaining bonds, he won't convert them until they are worth a billion more, we should see a gradual move to the exercise price ($ 10.00/shr) in the weeks ahead. For those following the TA on this one, the 7-ema seems to be support here, we are just working off the high RSI right now. Nice to see so many positive comments from the board but don't expect the stock to go straight up here guys!
    zyben, Corbu, rarsen and 22 others like this.
    01-09-14 10:50 AM
    Coming from these BBRY haters that's a pretty good report. We need time to let all of this news work its magic. When BB 10.2.1 comes out, voice and video for BBM-X and some perks for BES 10.2 clients in the BBM area, we could see some meaningful moves here. I tell you, I can't find fault in anything they are doing right now. While we wait, that heavy resistance at $ 8.20 to $ 8.45 is acting as great support. Prem got himself a great deal on those remaining bonds, he won't convert them until they are worth a billion more, we should see a gradual move to the exercise price ($ 10.00/shr) in the weeks ahead. For those following the TA on this one, the 7-ema seems to be support here, we are just working off the high RSI right now. Nice to see so many positive comments from the board but don't expect the stock to go straight up here guys!
    True that moves are being made in the right direction. But we need sales NOW to ensure they don't blow thru all their cash before they get there. It's going to be a little longer before these changes have an impact and we need some immediate results so that can buy enough time to execute the plans.

Fortunately it looks like Watsa is willing to do what it takes to cover BlackBerry costs until then......

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-09-14 11:16 AM
    Ot: $halo new high!!
    01-09-14 11:21 AM
    Seems like 2014 could be a good year. had a green start and looks like moves are being made everywhere. First post in months. feels kinda surreal voicing again.
    01-09-14 11:29 AM
    True that moves are being made in the right direction. But we need sales NOW to ensure they don't blow thru all their cash before they get there. It's going to be a little longer before these changes have an impact and we need some immediate results so that can buy enough time to execute the plans.

Fortunately it looks like Watsa is willing to do what it takes to cover BlackBerry costs until then......

Posted via CB10
    I agree, my only complaint over the past month was the slow progress in CORE, they need to speed up that process. Having said that, I'm really pleased with the changes that are being made so far. The phones aren't something you can alter over night so I won't go there, but they have incredible inventory to draw Enterprise in, BES 10.2 is available to be sold now, no more trials there. We have some BB 10 software upgrades coming in the months ahead that will make that Z30/Q10 package something worth marketing too. Enterprise will have to look at those phones when they are able to load Android and make use of Balance, I think sales will follow. I haven't purchased the Z30 yet but I've tested it, finally, and I feel there are plenty of consumers out there that will love it once they become aware of it. The audio is crazy good and the screen size is perfect for watching videos. I like my Z10 and won't give it up but I can see us using both phones this year, looks like the wife is getting my Z10!

It is so refreshing to hear positive news on BBRY, I never read an article from The Fools or SeekingApproval, that's garbage reporting. Chen is the only source I care about now, nothing else matters. GL
    Corbu, Korepab, 3_M4N and 11 others like this.
    01-09-14 11:31 AM
    Chen is the only source I care about now, nothing else matters.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and morganplus8 like this.
    01-09-14 11:41 AM
    HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS!! check out ICPT (Baker Brother Investement) today...up 290% no kidding!!
    CDM76, cjcampbell and morganplus8 like this.
    01-09-14 11:55 AM
    I havnt seen anything trade so flat in my life
    01-09-14 12:11 PM
    I havnt seen anything trade so flat in my life
    You need a nice flat, solid foundation to build on. Honestly, consolidation is GREAT here for a few days.

Oh HALO..........
    01-09-14 12:44 PM
    This is fine. Let's not all hope for a sharp rise that will leave people gutted when the price drops again. Slow and steady does it. The damn thing was under $6 not too long ago...

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-09-14 12:44 PM
    HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS!! check out ICPT (Baker Brother Investement) today...up 290% no kidding!!
    Reminds me of Standard Co. The one day it spiked 400%!!

CB10'n it via da Z
    01-09-14 12:47 PM
    BlackBerry price target raised to $8-$9 from $6.50-$7 at Wells Fargo

After meeting with BlackBerry's management, Wells Fargo believes that worries about the company's liquidity are less of an issue. The firm thinks the company is making the right moves, but recommends waiting for more business model clarity and P&L transitions before getting more constructive on the name. The firm keeps a Market Perform rating on the stock.

BlackBerry Price Target Raised
    This is another example of how experts are bull****. I was recently having a conversation with a friend who said I was mad for generally completely ignoring experts in finance, business, and politics, but I don't care. If you actually follow up on most experts, you find that they are almost always wrong. These analysts predict one thing and then predict something else shortly after. They should all just try to be honest and say they haven't got a clue.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 12:53 PM
    This is another example of how experts are bull****. I was recently having a conversation with a friend who said I was mad for generally completely ignoring experts in finance, business, and politics, but I don't care. If you actually follow up on most experts, you find that they are almost always wrong. These analysts predict one thing and then predict something else shortly after. They should all just try to be honest and say they haven't got a clue.

Posted via CB10
    Off topic to the thread but on topic with your comment, mostly.

This guy took the predictions for the English Premier League and compared top 'experts' against statisticians.

spoiler: stats beat the pants off them

http://jameswgrayson.wordpress.com/2...ter-190-games/

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-09-14 01:25 PM
    Clean sweep for the "Stat" boys! M+8 you are vindicated...we never had any doubt bro!!
    bungaboy, Corbu, take99 and 2 others like this.
    01-09-14 01:28 PM
    They did ok today. they own 320K shares.
    Randeman likes this.
    01-09-14 01:45 PM
    They did ok today. they own 320K shares.
    Yeah....wish I had their insight! I tutored my daughter the other day on an essay she was writing for school on the stock market. I showed her some of Morgan's/J.L.'s posts and charts and told her about the saga of Blackberry. I went through everything I've "tried" to learn and it was soooooo easy to show her how people made mistakes with timing, etc (using me as the example of course). I showed her this one today and it blew her mind. "Daddy, why didn't you buy that stock??" Oh well. Much like my timing with Halo (I was just about ready to buy on Monday when Morgan bought in again on the dip but it had gone "all the way up to 14.60" by the time I noticed it so I thought I'd wait. F'n moron! Another day I guess.

Cheers all, here's to a fantastic year ahead!!
    01-09-14 01:58 PM
    Yeah....wish I had their insight! I tutored my daughter the other day on an essay she was writing for school on the stock market. I showed her some of Morgan's/J.L.'s posts and charts and told her about the saga of Blackberry. I went through everything I've "tried" to learn and it was soooooo easy to show her how people made mistakes with timing, etc (using me as the example of course). I showed her this one today and it blew her mind. "Daddy, why didn't you buy that stock??" Oh well. Much like my timing with Halo (I was just about ready to buy on Monday when Morgan bought in again on the dip but it had gone "all the way up to 14.60" by the time I noticed it so I thought I'd wait. F'n moron! Another day I guess.

Hey Mark, I think its all about patience, to me that is the key. It has never ever let me down. There are always opportunities its a question of research and observation...maybe a lil bit of luck thrown in.

Look at BlackBerry, just wait and see what the share price does in the next few years with JC at the wheel. PW knows exactly what he is doing. He will make his money back in spades but it will take time which is why he's always long on his investments. He is a billionaire for good reason. He is very shrewd, smart and he is most of all a patient man!
    01-09-14 02:10 PM
    Got some traction now
    01-09-14 02:35 PM

If only it was as easy as she expects eh? LoL

Posted via CB10
    Markymark 23 and bungaboy like this.
    01-09-14 02:39 PM
    Off topic to the thread but on topic with your comment, mostly.

This guy took the predictions for the English Premier League and compared top 'experts' against statisticians.

spoiler: stats beat the pants off them

http://jameswgrayson.wordpress.com/2...ter-190-games/

I am sure the pathetic performance of my Man U is wreaking havoc on the experts. Plus Arsenal hasn't choked (yet). :-)

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    01-09-14 02:45 PM
    Green 8.72 +0.18 (2.11%)
    01-09-14 03:01 PM
    I am sure the pathetic performance of my Man U is wreaking havoc on the experts. Plus Arsenal hasn't choked (yet). :-)

Posted via CB10
    Haha just wait until they meet my league two Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup.

OMGitworks likes this.
    01-09-14 03:43 PM
    Just wondering aloud, with regard to this Typo business...

Last we heard, Quinn, Emanuel, Urquhart, & Sullivan has not filed for an injunction to stop them from putting the thing on sale January 30. With Chen's comment above, I am starting to wonder if there could be an opening to a licensing deal. Would that be wise, for BBRY?
    They have no intention of blocking this. They just want to be properly compensated. They've licensed the keyboard in the past and will do so for anyone who wants to use it. Just don't take it without permission.
    Corbu, morganplus8, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    01-09-14 03:47 PM
113,256 ... 23352336233723382339 ...