View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey guys another off-topic but i was just refreshing the cb thread and it keeps bringing me to a new site saying needs further authentication. I enter in the repeated #s now when I change pages on cb a popup that says "hello" keeps showing. Wtf happened

Posted via CB10
    you are not alone. same here. LoL
    01-07-14 11:34 AM
    Back to normal now. I had the same issue.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    zyben, Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    01-07-14 11:35 AM
    Kevin better not be letting hackers toy with us at CES...
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-14 11:38 AM
    Wow. Way to go BlackBerry! Volume on BlackBerry is almost as much as Facebook today.
    Interest is definitely picking up.
    And, thanks Morgan+8 for single-handedly turning HALO back around.
    01-07-14 11:44 AM
    not sure which website you are at SF but i have 44mill volume.
    Yes, I noticed that (I'm on NASDAQ site) many times ...
    Guessing if NLS volume isn't somehow only the sales or buys while the global volume wil be both ...
    Anyone to help with this ?
    01-07-14 11:49 AM
    Hi SuperFly!

Could you please elaborate on what the Nokia Siemens network actually is or does? I saw your other thread and just finished reading the article you provided. But I don't feel much wiser. Yes, I'm sure it's me

Thanks!
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-07-14 11:50 AM
    QNX and Aisin AW to Provide Localized In-Vehicle Navigation for Japanese and Worldwide Markets

LAS VEGAS, 2014 International CES (North Hall, Booth 536), January 7, 2014 � QNX Software Systems Limited, a global leader in software platforms for in-car electronics, today announced that Aisin AW Co., Ltd., a leading supplier of navigation systems and software solutions to automakers and automotive electronics manufacturers worldwide, will integrate its navigation engine into the QNX CAR� Platform for Infotainment. QNX Software Systems and Aisin AW will showcase the capabilities of the navigation engine this week, at the 2014 International CES tradeshow.

Since 1992, Aisin AW has been providing navigation systems that enable safe, comfortable, and eco-friendly driving through voice and visual guidance. The company�s navigation systems support a variety of countries and regions.

�QNX Software Systems and the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment support the vision of our software business. Together, our technologies can help customers build infotainment systems with the latest navigation features sought after by OEMs worldwide,� said Kyomi Morimoto, officer, vehicle information technology division, Aisin AW. �Navigation is an important aspect of the vehicle experience and this collaboration with QNX Software Systems will help us reach a wider market globally, including customers in Japan.�

Aisin AW navigation systems are deployed in numerous in-car systems. Aisin AW customers include Toyota, Audi, Volkswagen, General Motors, Fujitsu Ten, Panasonic, and others. Furthermore, Aisin AW has developed a new navigation engine for the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment.

�Aisin AW�s exceptional navigation capabilities are valued by global automotive companies, including those in Japan, and we are thrilled that our QNX CAR Platform customers will have access to this technology, which can significantly enhance the navigation experience,� said Peter McCarthy, director, global partnerships, QNX Software Systems.

QNX Software Systems has licensed its software technology for use in tens of millions of in-vehicle systems worldwide, including 3D navigation systems, multimedia head units, digital instrument clusters, connectivity modules, and hands-free systems. The company�s QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment offers a unique set of pre-integrated technologies to help reduce development efforts and speed time to market for connected, media-rich infotainment systems. The platform is also highly flexible, providing customers with support for a rich choice of application environments, smartphone platforms, user interface technologies, and connectivity standards.

QNX and Aisin AW to Provide Localized In-Vehicle Navigation for Japanese and Worldwide Markets
    01-07-14 12:02 PM
    How many shorts do you guys think have covered up till today
    01-07-14 12:07 PM
    Hi SuperFly!

Could you please elaborate on what the Nokia Siemens network actually is or does? I saw your other thread and just finished reading the article you provided. But I don't feel much wiser. Yes, I'm sure it's me

Thanks!
    Thanks for asking, since it seems Siemens exited the company last summer. Have to edit a few posts lol
    About the NSN, you'll find everything here : Nokia Solutions and Networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    bungaboy and _dimi_ like this.
    01-07-14 12:13 PM
    I would say only a couple of million, will take alot more good news to get rid of the hardcore shorts

How many shorts do you guys think have covered up till today
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-14 12:13 PM
    Now BBRY needs to get some growth and revenue numbers out for QNX. It's clear they are growing and making in-roads, but it is very hard to tell the magnitude or effect it will have on the company financials.

Share the good news!
    01-07-14 12:16 PM
    John Chen no longer interim CEO, becomes CEO of BlackBerry today

John Chen was appointed interim CEO of BlackBerry back in November, as of today you can scratch the interim off his title as he is now the chief executive officer of BlackBerry.

Mr. Chen made the announcement during a CES roundtable in Las Vegas today where he let people know that BlackBerry is no
    longer searching for a CEO as for the most part people like what they have seen, the vision, future plans, letters and overall managing of the company.

As we all know that BlackBerry plans to move away from the consumer market, to a degree and focus on its enterprise users with services and software. BlackBerry will continue to create smartphone devices as that will be Foxconn’s part of the companies plan to become profitable by early 2016.

For now, we can expect to see and hear a lot from John Chen as CEO of BlackBerry, no longer an interim.

John Chen no longer interim CEO, becomes CEO of BlackBerry today - BlackBerry Empire
    01-07-14 12:25 PM
    I would say only a couple of million, will take alot more good news to get rid of the hardcore shorts
    The shorts are likely rotating. For some (not me) this run up might be a good time to short while others will have gotten out. For me, shorting BBRY has a very bad risk/reward ratio, but for the day traders, maybe they think they are smarter than your average investor. Maybe they are finally wrong..... Don't forget that there is some seriously heavy (58,000+) 8.00 call and 41,000 9.00 call option trades out there for next week. That's going to end up being 10M+ shares in play in the very near future. Somebody may have a very keen interest in moving the shares one way or the other or keeping the price between 8-9. Sometimes you move the shares, sometimes you get run over by them...........
    01-07-14 12:26 PM
    @RobertWCheng: BlackBerry CEO says the Foxconn smartphone he's working on will be priced under $200, so emerging markets. #CES2014

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-07-14 12:44 PM
    BlackBerry launches BlackBerry Work Drives 2.0 Beta Program

This just in. Fresh news out of the oven is BlackBerry’s latest offering: BlackBerry Work Drives 2.0.

What is BlackBerry Work Drives and why is it 2.0 and not 1.0? Initially, BlackBerry Work Drives enables BlackBerry users to remotely access, edit and manage content located on enterprise network drives. Once the network drives are mapped through the Work Drives app, native applications like File Manager and Documents To Go? can be used to manage the network files and folders.

However, version 2.0 features the following:

Integration with Microsoft SharePoint
    Share URL for SharePoint
    Modify access for: Users that have modify access permissions and sites that have no check-in/out & versioning enabled
    View Only mode
    Remote Configuration For Work Drives Accounts.

BlackBerry Work Drives 2.0 is currently in Beta testing and probably won’t be expected to go public for another 3 to 4 weeks.

BlackBerry launches BlackBerry Work Drives 2.0 Beta Program - BlackBerry Empire

Thanks for the update Billy
    01-07-14 12:47 PM
    The shorts are likely rotating. For some (not me) this run up might be a good time to short while others will have gotten out. For me, shorting BBRY has a very bad risk/reward ratio, but for the day traders, maybe they think they are smarter than your average investor. Maybe they are finally wrong..... Don't forget that there is some seriously heavy (58,000+) 8.00 call and 41,000 9.00 call option trades out there for next week. That's going to end up being 10M+ shares in play in the very near future. Somebody may have a very keen interest in moving the shares one way or the other or keeping the price between 8-9. Sometimes you move the shares, sometimes you get run over by them...........
    On the first run up to $ 7.80 I threw in a short order for 50,000 shares and there weren't any available to borrow at that amount. It is surprising that those shares aren't there, suggests the shorts are still hanging in there and we'll not see much covering. I dumped 50,000 and bought them back $ .29/shr cheaper. This kind of rally kills the shorts because it isn't panic related. They think the stock will pause, form a top and drop from here and it just isn't happening so far.
    01-07-14 12:57 PM
    Well, like a true sucker I am back in at $9.04 (TSX).
    01-07-14 12:57 PM
    John Chen We will no longer have any significant inventory issues moving forward looks to turn profit by 2016

As John Chen is now officially the CEO of BlackBerry he is out there at the CES show in Vegas doing several interviews, going into more detail in regards to his vision and future plans of the company.

Chen continues to be optimistic when talking about BlackBerry’s future and looks to turn profit by early 2016. While the next smartphone’s hardware won’t be be built by BlackBerry, CEO of BlackBerry is determined that the company have a role to play in the data and communication platforms that mobile devices will use in the future (software and services).

John Chen says profit is ‘going to take a while’ but ‘We will no longer have any significant inventory issues moving forward’ speaking about the deal with Foxconn handling the hardware inventory.

Another key point Chen said was “For the next 18 months development will only focus on enterprise.” There’s your answer if you are thinking about what BlackBerry will be working on development wise.

John Chen 'We will no longer have any significant inventory issues moving forward' looks to turn profit by 2016 - BlackBerry Empire
    01-07-14 12:59 PM
    John Chen We will no longer have any significant inventory issues moving forward looks to turn profit by 2016

As John Chen is now officially the CEO of BlackBerry he is out there at the CES show in Vegas doing several interviews, going into more detail in regards to his vision and future plans of the company.

Chen continues to be optimistic when talking about BlackBerry’s future and looks to turn profit by early 2016. While the next smartphone’s hardware won’t be be built by BlackBerry, CEO of BlackBerry is determined that the company have a role to play in the data and communication platforms that mobile devices will use in the future (software and services).

John Chen says profit is ‘going to take a while’ but ‘We will no longer have any significant inventory issues moving forward’ speaking about the deal with Foxconn handling the hardware inventory.

Another key point Chen said was “For the next 18 months development will only focus on enterprise.” There’s your answer if you are thinking about what BlackBerry will be working on development wise.

John Chen 'We will no longer have any significant inventory issues moving forward' looks to turn profit by 2016 - BlackBerry Empire
    Is it just me or do you see them making it to profit way before 2016 now that the hardware risk is off the table. I truly see them starting to turn a profit next time this year. Maybe Chen is just being careful when giving these numbers because he doesn't want them to bite him in the ***
    01-07-14 01:03 PM

well....as long as they maintian one higher end touch screen then more power to them. I personally love typing on the BB10 Z10 virtual keyboard. More so then the Q10.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    01-07-14 01:05 PM
    Did someone already link to the QNX extension to in-flight infotainment?

"
    Rockwell Collins In-flight Entertainment System

The QNX booth also features the PAVES? On-demand in-flight entertainment system from Rockwell Collins. This system runs on the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment and lets airlines offer passengers the latest in high-definition video and entertainment applications. The demonstration illustrates how developers can easily adapt the QNX CAR platform for markets with performance and reliability needs similar to those of automotive, while implementing a completely different HMI and user experience. "

http://www.qnx.com/news/pr_5763_2.html

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    sidhuk, zyben, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    01-07-14 01:15 PM
    FY 2016 or 2016? From the ER call I understood FY 2016 which implies profitable by March 2015?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 01:16 PM
    well....as long as they maintian one higher end touch screen then more power to them. I personally love typing on the BB10 Z10 virtual keyboard. More so then the Q10.
    In the conference today Chen said one new device this year (other than Jakarta).

With the Z10 already getting it's upgrade in the form of the Z30, I'd expect the next device (other than Jakarta) to be a qwerty (Q30?).

Hopefully that's not the case and we get a surprise upgrade to the Z line later this year.

Z10 STL100-3 |10.2.1.1925 | Bell | CB10
    01-07-14 01:19 PM
    Is it just me or do you see them making it to profit way before 2016 now that the hardware risk is off the table. I truly see them starting to turn a profit next time this year. Maybe Chen is just being careful when giving these numbers because he doesn't want them to bite him in the ***
    The same thought occurred to me when I read the update. It's possible that Chen is managing expectations to set up for surprise outperformance. As nice as that would be, we have to manage our own expectations and not set ourselves up for disappointment
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    01-07-14 01:22 PM
    $8.50 is being a pain in the ****
    01-07-14 01:24 PM
113,256 ... 23272328232923302331 ...