1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    8.47@NASDAQ

When is this thing going to stop?
    01-07-14 08:57 AM
    QNX and Qualcomm Announce First In-car Infotainment System Powered by Snapdragon Automotive Solutions

Companies demonstrate powerful in-vehicle graphics, video, and wireless capabilities at 2014 CES

QNX Software Systems Limited, a global leader in software platforms for in-car electronics, and Qualcomm Incorporated QCOM +0.30% , through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., today announced that the companies will implement support for the high-performance video and graphics capabilities of Snapdragon(TM) Automotive Solutions in the QNX CAR(TM) Platform for Infotainment, a comprehensive, standards-based solution for building connected infotainment systems.

This is the first automotive implementation of the complete Snapdragon Automotive Solutions and it will be demonstrated in the QNX(R) reference vehicle, a specially modified Jeep Wrangler, at the 2014 International CES, January 7-10, Las Vegas Convention Center, North Hall, Booth 536.

QNX and Qualcomm Announce First In-car Infotainment System Powered by Snapdragon Automotive Solutions - MarketWatch
    01-07-14 08:57 AM
    14M shares traded in first half-hour. Not bad for a dead company...
    01-07-14 08:59 AM
    Where are the Shorts now?? Can't see them making any noise...
    01-07-14 09:02 AM
    8.47@NASDAQ

Would be awesome to push through $8.50. We need a chart to see where the next resistance level is after that!

I see $8.51 now!
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-14 09:02 AM
    Would be awesome to push through $8.50. We need a chart to see where the next resistance level is after that!

I see $8.51 now!
    I expect BBRY to get close to 10$ in February...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-07-14 09:03 AM
    8.47@NASDAQ

I'm hoping it doesn't
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    01-07-14 09:03 AM

I see $8.51 now!
    I get the feeling we're going to pop higher on news from CES.

I wouldn't put much trust in charts at the moment, news trumps trend analysis.
    01-07-14 09:04 AM
    We are eating through some major resistance right now, that was fast! The big question now is can we hold this gain? RSI is in over-bought territory and the stock has come a long way ........................ nice to see everyone is so pumped.
    01-07-14 09:05 AM
    Any watching that stock market it's going up and up

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:07 AM
    I think BBRY is growing pretty strong for a company that didn't make huge anouncements for the last 2 weeks... This shows how much trust the market has in Chen...

I bought a few shares at 6.26$, I'm expecting to double my investment this year at this rate... Such a shame that I didn't had time to get them at 5.75
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-07-14 09:08 AM
    8 minutes later and it's 20 million+
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    01-07-14 09:09 AM
    I honestly thin BBRY is worth 15 dollars a share today without any news. Shorts are finally leaving and a true Market value is being shown
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-14 09:12 AM
    I can't believe I am going to buy back into this stock.

Although I should have bought back in on Friday...
    01-07-14 09:13 AM
    Patience was the name of the game

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    01-07-14 09:14 AM
    QNX nd CES2014 the story by Paul Leroux @ QNX : QNX Auto Blog: The wraps are off! First look at the new QNX technology concept car
    bungaboy, rarsen, W Hoa and 4 others like this.
    01-07-14 09:15 AM
    Patience was the name of the game

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Yes it is ive been holding for over a year and doubled down a couple weeks ago
    bungaboy and JLagoon like this.
    01-07-14 09:16 AM
    And now, the news' spread to the market. Good move to have Qualcomm associated here.
    QNX and Qualcomm Announce First In-car Infotainment System Powered by Snapdragon Automotive Solutions

BTW, did you notice some familiar names in the press release ?

Multiple navigation engines from Elektrobit, Kotei Navi & Data, Aisin AW, and Nokia HERE
    [...]
    Support for Android Jellybean apps, including iHeartRadio
    [...]
    The QNX reference vehicle will also feature an IBM cloud services demo, including IBM’s MessageSight, InfoSphere Streams, and Worklight products for performing remote, real-time control and analytics of car sensor data.
    [...]
    oh ...
    01-07-14 09:21 AM
    Doing an OTA update isn't rocket science, and an OTA to a car is probably safer than someone upgrading the laptop OS at home.

OTA update would be secured over blackberry's network. pre update OS put on a Recovery drive partition. Checksum hash for file verifications (OTA) for the OS update BEFORE installing the update. Then update. Anything goes wrong, provide a boot option screen to recover the recovery OS. This allows car manufacturers an easy option to keep their customers up to date on the newest OS and features. A happy customer is a return customer.

Google's incentive is blackberry can update the Google app suite more securely, and allow 'push' updates.

Ford has been providing updates to MyFordTouch sync via downloads and SD cards to avoid the cost (covered by Ford) to do the update at the dealer. That only works for the technology literate folks.
    I just don't see it working that way in the foreseeable future - Google won't help BBRY and people are generally not fool proof but fools :-) but perhaps and hopefully you will be right. Exciting times no matter what.
    01-07-14 09:23 AM
    Just woke up and when I looked at the SP, wasn't sure if I was looking at BBRY or BB!
    Whoever is working at it seems to be doing a great job !
    GOOD morning!
    01-07-14 09:40 AM
    OMG OMG ...
    QNX Software Systems to demonstrate HERE Auto embedded navigation at CES | CrackBerry.com

Do you realize it may mean we'll see some connections between NOK-Siemens and BlackBerry networks ? (and you may play a little further ... if you dare lol)
    (damm, this 8ball was nice ... )

edit: FYI http://nsn.com/
    01-07-14 09:42 AM
    "what you can't see is new acoustics technology from QNX that lets you "barge in" and issue voice commands even when a song is playing. How cool is that?"
    Priceless.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    01-07-14 09:46 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd BB 9.00* +0.49 (5.76%) Broke 9 on the tsx
    01-07-14 09:54 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140107_100147.png
    Some said Dead company. Where are these people? You sir, tried to convince me to give up my money to wall street vultures. No matter how nice you play now or in near future, not gonna lift my ignore list ban.

Million shares a minute? Not bad.

There, I feel better now.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    01-07-14 10:05 AM
    There, I feel better now.
    Everyone is asked to clean mouse+keyboard+screen prior leaving the office, please
    01-07-14 10:08 AM
113,256 ... 23252326232723282329 ...