View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I would just like to point out that we have had more PR releases in the past month with Chen then an entire year if TH. I really think the plan was to drive the price down so they could take it private.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree with that plan. They had the opportunity to take it private and chose a different route. They also had a second quarter of write downs so it wasn't a fluke from the previous quarter. The price dropped not on the current value, but on the perceived future value. The only reason it is rising now, is people have had a chance to hear Chen speak and seem to have at least a little faith that the end isn't near and that under this leadership, a business moving forward is not just plausible, but probable. Here in our neck of the woods, we cringed coming into any time TH had to speak.... how do you think the rest of the investors felt? Well, the shorts looked forward to it as it was like having Christmas morning each time. lol.
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    01-06-14 10:15 PM
    So do you believe that management was just completely incompetent?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:18 PM
    So do you believe that management was just completely incompetent?

Posted via CB10
    No, just not up to the task.
    01-06-14 10:20 PM
    I don't know if you can blame them because they were clearly c+ executives at best but they shot them self in the foot over and over again. I blame them for letting the shorts take advantage of them. I'm just happy that Chen has clearly built a management team that means business. I was lucky enough to get in last year before the big run and has doubled down again here from 6-8. I truly believe we can see are 52 weeks highs again within 2014

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:26 PM
    I would just like to point out that we have had more PR releases in the past month with Chen then an entire year if TH. I really think the plan was to drive the price down so they could take it private.

Posted via CB10
    I would have to agree with you. There may have been a plan to take BlackBerry private but resistance from within stopped it . We will never know but BlackBerry did do everything wrong to the point it looked planned out as no one could be that incompetent.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:39 PM
    TH is a smart guy but CEO wasn't the right position for him. Chen is a true leader and a good one at that. Investors are impressed with Chen and it's not hard to see why.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:42 PM
    I honestly don't think TH was ever in charge. He was hired by the board and played like a puppet. He was just the face to take all the heat. He knows he will never get a job ever again thats why is pay was so high.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:45 PM
    Damn that guy is a great speaker. Factual, to the point, all business, but with a personality.
    And having fun! Or so it seems...
    I like the fact he is actually talking about a "secure private internet for your business" through xBBM...basically explaining where a new stream of money will be coming from. Awesomeness!

Posted via CB10
    And using Channels like a company intranet feature. I also liked a couple of other little tidbits.... one, he doesn't see channels making any real commercial money, but it's seen as more of a means to an end (clarity and setting expectations), and two, to be a "major player, if not the dominant player" (again, clarity and expectations).
    And did you guys notice we went from "we" (the company) to "I" (the CEO) ?
    This is a major communication turnaround; from the "building tech team" to the "salesforce chief".
    Here we go : SELL LIKE H3||.
    01-07-14 04:13 AM
    I honestly don't think TH was ever in charge. He was hired by the board and played like a puppet. He was just the face to take all the heat.
    True
    He knows he will never get a job ever again thats why is pay was so high.
    wanna bet a beer on that ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-14 04:14 AM
    Yes sir...
    I've been kinda struggling with some of this...I find it hard to believe allot of this "news"wasn't in the works for a while now. I don't believe for a second it all come about in the last ten weeks and the issue I'm struggling with is two fold:
    1) why not communicate a syllable of this earlier
    And
    2) Why let the share price slide with that deplorable lack of communication?

I'm Not complaining (really) but it all seems a bit bizarre. ..just thinking out loud.

Posted via CB10
    Timing ...
    Look at what is happening right now on the M2M (see automitive/ Android), form factor (after the 7" tablet, the phablet @ APPL), etc.
    BlackBerry has now the tools and products, some of them ahead of competition (timing wise).

Like when you set a camp fire:
    - dry - paper, small dead wood, medium wood ...
    then you can put logs - even damp or green
    - fire will burn - even under rain -

Omit one step ? you'll only get temporary white smoke and run out of matches trying to light it back on.
    Chen's just fired his first match. Paper and small wood ...
    01-07-14 04:20 AM
    I like the fact he is actually talking about a "secure private internet for your business" through xBBM...basically explaining where a new stream of money will be coming from. Awesomeness!

Posted via CB10
    Funny how I've been contradicted about this (remember http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ng-esn-878796/ ?) when I talked about it in French headquarters ... with a "BBM is for consumers, not for Enterprise".
    Either it was already in "the plan" and they did not want to talk about it (oh, naughty !) or it wasn't ... and I may get ready to apply for a job (Anyone @ BlackBerry reading this ? lol) ...
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    01-07-14 04:35 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000259_edit.png

Was 8.20 in PM earlier, ...announcing another great day? One would hope!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 06:28 AM
    Hi,

As expected CES announcements about vehicles this week, a video on some car hacks. Curious where Industry stands on this :
    01-07-14 07:07 AM
    8.01 +0.40 (5.26%)
    After Hours: 8.05 +0.04 (0.50%)

Must be announcing something good at CES
    I agree the recent 2 day run up is 'buy the rumour' for CES news. If BlackBerry doesn't announce anything great, me might see a small pull back.

I'm really hoping they have an announcement that the Audi / Google partnership runs on QNX, and Blackberry will allow in car OS updates OTA. And the partnership means Google Play Services can run on any QNX/BB10 OS. And QNX/BB10 OS starts heavy integration with Google cloud services.
    01-07-14 08:17 AM
    And if we do hear something maybe we could see more shorts being squeezed?!

Greeeeeen

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-07-14 08:26 AM
    I agree the recent 2 day run up is 'buy the rumour' for CES news. If BlackBerry doesn't announce anything great, me might see a small pull back.

I'm really hoping they have an announcement that the Audi / Google partnership runs on QNX, and Blackberry will allow in car OS updates OTA. And the partnership means Google Play Services can run on any QNX/BB10 OS. And QNX/BB10 OS starts heavy integration with Google cloud services.
    Car OS OTA is going to be difficult to roll out. It's one thing to brick your phone, but locking up your car is another, even if it is only the non-essential features. Also manufacturers/dealers are going to want you to go to the dealership so they can charge you $250 for a 10 minute update........ I also don't think Google has ANY INCENTIVE WHATSOEVER to allow BBRY to integrate into any of their ecosystem. Unfortunately, both of these ideas are likely dead on arrival for the foreseeable future.
    01-07-14 08:37 AM
    BBRY > NOK

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 08:38 AM
    So Chen confirmed the Jakarta will be touchscreen non physical querty (without saying it).

And follows that statement with.... Blackberry will predominantly build physical qwerty keyboard phones going forward (maybe until BB10 catches on to the masses and they build more models).

I sure hope those next hardware qwerty phones (enterprise market?) are a 4" screen Q model (1440x1440) and a 5.2" screen slider.
    01-07-14 08:42 AM
    8.30 +0.29 (3.62%) hellloo
    01-07-14 08:43 AM
    01-07-14 08:48 AM
    01-07-14 08:49 AM
    TH is a smart guy but CEO wasn't the right position for him. Chen is a true leader and a good one at that. Investors are impressed with Chen and it's not hard to see why.

Posted via CB10
    I think CEO is too much for TH, like you said, he was a smart guy, and I'm sure it has a lot of abilitys in specific areas, but he just couldn't handle the entire boat.... Chen in contrast seems like a strong leader, and he acknowledges his specific limitations, so he already has hired proven people for those areas...

Chen is adressing blackberry's Lows and potentiating the Highs
    01-07-14 08:50 AM
    Car OS OTA is going to be difficult to roll out. It's one thing to brick your phone, but locking up your car is another, even if it is only the non-essential features. Also manufacturers/dealers are going to want you to go to the dealership so they can charge you $250 for a 10 minute update........ I also don't think Google has ANY INCENTIVE WHATSOEVER to allow BBRY to integrate into any of their ecosystem. Unfortunately, both of these ideas are likely dead on arrival for the foreseeable future.
    Doing an OTA update isn't rocket science, and an OTA to a car is probably safer than someone upgrading the laptop OS at home.

OTA update would be secured over blackberry's network. pre update OS put on a Recovery drive partition. Checksum hash for file verifications (OTA) for the OS update BEFORE installing the update. Then update. Anything goes wrong, provide a boot option screen to recover the recovery OS. This allows car manufacturers an easy option to keep their customers up to date on the newest OS and features. A happy customer is a return customer.

Google's incentive is blackberry can update the Google app suite more securely, and allow 'push' updates.

Ford has been providing updates to MyFordTouch sync via downloads and SD cards to avoid the cost (covered by Ford) to do the update at the dealer. That only works for the technology literate folks.
    01-07-14 08:53 AM
    01-07-14 08:53 AM
    01-07-14 08:54 AM
113,256 ... 23242325232623272328 ...