View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Let's have 60,000 post party some where? It is too cold. Lets see who can commit to a grand get together. Cause many of us know most of the gangs personalities. Would be fun to meet meet for couple of days away from this minus 50.
    They even have England Vegas direct flights these days. Or Japan or something.
    LoL

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    01-05-14 07:42 PM
    Antoine.... How did you make out with the iPhone battle?

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    01-05-14 08:01 PM
    Let's have 60,000 post party some where? It is too cold. Lets see who can commit to a grand get together. Cause many of us know most of the gangs personalities. Would be fun to meet meet for couple of days away from this minus 50.
    They even have England Vegas direct flights these days. Or Japan or something.
    LoL

I vote for Japan!

Any guess on what the SP will be for the 60,000th post?
    Last edited by Corbu; 01-05-14 at 08:20 PM.
    sidhuk, Kid Vibe and bungaboy like this.
    01-05-14 08:06 PM
    OK. Japan +1000.

Any I time I drink. The sale price to me is 100.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-05-14 08:10 PM
    OK. Japan +1000.

Any I time I drink. The sale price to me is 100.
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-05-14 08:18 PM
    The best part of that story is the overwhelming majority of the posts are friendly and cordial...well done to all.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, cjcampbell, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    01-05-14 09:07 PM
    It seems the WSJ never misses an opportunity for pettiness...
    OVERHEARD - WSJ.com

Legal action by BlackBerry BBRY -0.52% against a firm making a keyboard case for the iPhone is ironic given its own keyboard travails. On Friday, BlackBerry said it had sued Typo Products—partly owned by TV host Ryan Seacrest—over a case for the iPhone 5 and 5S that adds a physical keypad. BlackBerry says the Typo product infringes its "iconic keyboard."

Iconic or not, it's no longer selling well. BlackBerry took a $1.6 billion charge in its most recent quarter due to poor sales of its newest handsets. These included the Q10, which brought a physical keypad to its newest operating system. That's about $600 million more than the previous quarter's charge, blamed mostly on the touchscreen Z10.

The latest charge suggests keypad fans aren't enough to rescue its smartphone business. Still, as the lawsuit shows, BlackBerry hasn't given up on keypads, especially as analysts reckon most of its remaining value lies in patents and other intellectual property. It obviously doesn't want iPhone users developing CrackBerry thumbs.
    CrackBerry thumbs! I smell a case of intellectual property infringement!
    01-05-14 09:16 PM
    Wow the WSJ is a joke and anti BlackBerry. If there was any doubt there is no doubt any longer.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    01-05-14 09:44 PM
    I can't understand how the pro NSA media who is pushing the anti freedom and democracy agenda would attack BlackBerry for protecting their intellectual property

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 09:58 PM
    Antoine.... How did you make out with the iPhone battle?

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    bad ... got to pinch my nose and go to get her a 5S.
    Thus, besides fangirl-ism, every day I have IRL situations where her smartphone s**s and my Z30 doesn't
    01-06-14 02:19 AM
    thanks Bungaboy, but ...

58,000 Posts in your OUR thread!
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    01-06-14 02:23 AM
    Just a small clip on bloomberg regarding German government secure phone competition

The Battle to Make Merkel's New Secure Mobile Phone: Video - Bloomberg
    01-06-14 02:58 AM
    Hi guys,

A quick update on the chart. In my previous post, I mentioned that there is a possibility to see a descending triangle on the 30 minute chart, which would not be good. Fortunately (knock on wood), the SP has formed an ascending triangle with the top around $7.79. This is, usually, a continuation sign of bullish pattern. Volume has decreased correspondingly as well. I would expect to see a pop above $7.79.

On the daily chart, MA20 is about to cross MA50, which is another bullish signal, and RSI shows that the SP is not overbought.

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-01-06-5.36.49-am.png

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-01-06-5.25.48-am.png
    01-06-14 04:42 AM
    Wow the WSJ is a joke and anti BlackBerry. If there was any doubt there is no doubt any longer.

Posted via CB10
    If recapping financial results and stating the obvious (QWERTY phones are a dying market) is anti-BB, I cant imagine what you must think of the management that caused the current state of affairs to happen in the first place.

You may also want to reconsider your username.

Sent from Galaxy Mega 6.3 using Tapatalk
    OMGitworks and anon(4086547) like this.
    01-06-14 07:20 AM
    You do realize that those articles are paid for by Google and apple? How else could they miss the most important fact that QNX is the leader? BlackBerry can not out spend Google and apple with propaganda articles.

Posted via CB10
    Yes the WSJ is clearly a paid for article type of newspaper. Do we really know QNX is the leader? I suspect QNX competes, but personally have no idea who the leader is. If QNX is the leader, then it is BBRY's fault for not publicizing that and the automakers for not mentioning that to the WSJ when they were obviously interviewed for this story.

Just catching up on all the new posts, but glad to see that some things haven't changed a bit.

Happy New Year to all.
    aniym likes this.
    01-06-14 07:49 AM
    OT: Just scratching the surface.

Reminds me of a story I heard, when I was a youngster, of Jesus and the money changers.

JPMorgan nears $2-billion deal in Madoff case

JESSICA SILVER-GREENBERG and BEN PROTESS
    The New York Times News Service
    Published Monday, Jan. 06 2014, 5:50 AM EST
    Last updated Monday, Jan. 06 2014, 7:54 AM EST

Working through a long list of legal problems, JPMorgan Chase is starting the new year with another steep payout to the government.

The bank plans to reach as soon as this week roughly $2 billion in criminal and civil settlements with federal authorities who suspect that it ignored signs of Bernard L. Madoff’s Ponzi scheme, according to people briefed on the case.

All told, after reaching the Madoff settlements with federal prosecutors in Manhattan and regulators in Washington, the bank will have paid some $20 billion to resolve government investigations over the last 12 months.

JPMorgan’s Madoff settlements, the people briefed on the case said, would also involve a so-called deferred prosecution agreement, a criminal action that would essentially suspend an indictment as long as JPMorgan acknowledged the facts of the government’s case and changed its behavior. The agreement, nearly unheard-of for a giant American bank and typically employed only when misconduct is extreme, underscores the magnitude of the case against JPMorgan. . . .

JPMorgan nears $2-billion deal in Madoff case - The Globe and Mail

01-06-14 07:59 AM
    01-06-14 08:39 AM
    It seems the WSJ never misses an opportunity for pettiness...
    OVERHEARD - WSJ.com

CrackBerry thumbs! I smell a case of intellectual property infringement!
    The fact that BBRY state of affairs is not shining has nothing to do with whether or not they should take all necessary measures to protect their intellectual property. When Apple is suing Samsung, is it as a last resort because things are bad for Apple ? That is so short-sighted from the WSJ. Anybody in their right mind would be well advised to protect their property, intellectual or not, period!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, Randeman, ibpluto and 3 others like this.
    01-06-14 08:39 AM
    Nice spike. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 09:01 AM
    Nice spike. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe this?

9:02 am BlackBerry announced that Ron Louks will join the Company as President, Devices and Emerging Solutions (BBRY) : Ron Louks joins BlackBerry from The OpenNMS Group, where he served as the Chief Executive Officer. Prior to that, Ron held many leadership positions over several decades in the technology industry, including as the Chief Strategy Officer of HTC America Inc. (HTCKF unit) and the Chief Technology Officer at Sony Ericsson (SNE, ERIC jv).

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    01-06-14 09:11 AM
    Yes the WSJ is clearly a paid for article type of newspaper. Do we really know QNX is the leader? I suspect QNX competes, but personally have no idea who the leader is. If QNX is the leader, then it is BBRY's fault for not publicizing that and the automakers for not mentioning that to the WSJ when they were obviously interviewed for this story.

Just catching up on all the new posts, but glad to see that some things haven't changed a bit.

Happy New Year to all.
    Happy New year OMG !
    As a rough starting point ...
    At present, QNX Software and Microsoft together account for around 75 to 80% of the car-infotainment OS market. However, questions remain about the long-term future of proprietary automotive OSes.
    https://www.abiresearch.com/press/qn...market-share-t
    rarsen, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    01-06-14 09:11 AM
    Wow, this thread still is still going?

Hey gang! Just popping in to say "hi" and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

It's great to see some positive news with BB nowadays. Looks like they're putting together a solid team and are taking things one step at a time towards more realistic goals.

Wish I had some extra cash to get back in the sandbox here. Good luck to everyone!!!

PS: Noticed that Morgan is back on his feet in a big way, hope things are well big guy
    01-06-14 09:20 AM
    Nice, CHEN seems to be hard at work, not just spinning wheels either...actual plan the work, work the plan. With communication to boot!

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, Superfly_FR, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    01-06-14 09:34 AM
    Nice, CHEN seems to be hard at work, not just spinning wheels either...actual plan the work, work the plan. With communication to boot!
    I like this bit:
    ''On our path to return BlackBerry to profitability, nothing is more important than remaining deeply connected to our customers, and designing and delivering secure products that exceed their expectations."
    01-06-14 09:41 AM
    Wow, this thread still is still going?
    Hey gang! Just popping in to say "hi" and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    It's great to see some positive news with BB nowadays. Looks like they're putting together a solid team and are taking things one step at a time towards more realistic goals.
    Wish I had some extra cash to get back in the sandbox here. Good luck to everyone!!!
    PS: Noticed that Morgan is back on his feet in a big way, hope things are well big guy
    Hey m0de25 ! Happy new year to you & family as well !
    Yup, looks like the trend is quite nice
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

ABout John Louks hiring, S.A email alert (pretty good) : BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry hires former HTC/Sony Ericsson exec to be devices chief - Seeking Alpha
    BlackBerry hires former HTC/Sony Ericsson exec to be devices chief • 10:26 AM

• BlackBerry (BBRY +2.4%) has hired Ron Louks, a telecom industry vet who has done stints as HTC's chief strategy officer and Sony Ericsson's CTO, to be the head of its Devices and Emerging Solutions unit. Most recently, Louks was the CEO of network management software developer OpenNMS. (PR)
    • Louks is the latest in a string of executive hirings (I, II) made by John Chen, who has been busy putting his stamp on BlackBerry since becoming chairman/interim CEO in November. He'll be tasked with turning around a hardware business that has seen its device shipments nosedive over the last year, and which is set to outsource a large chunk of its design/manufacturing work to Foxconn.
    sidhuk, m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    01-06-14 09:42 AM
113,256 ... 23192320232123222323 ...