View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I thought that blackberry have more money than the keyboard company to fight litigation.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    Probably so, but I think the main point for me is ensuring that BlackBerry gets an uncontested 'industrial design' awarded to thwart any future copying.
    I still think this may not be as easy as one would figure.
    In addition, I wonder how long BlackBerry has owned any keyboard patents, because patents also have a shelf life. I think it is 20 Years.
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-04-14 12:25 AM
    They are absolutely delusional. Hope BlackBerry wins and their are awarded either licensing fees or a massive settlement. Typo also better hope the judge isn't a BlackBerry user

And it seems Typo is actually going to try and fight BB on the suit......

“We are aware of the lawsuit that Blackberry filed today against Typo Products. Although we respect Blackberry and its intellectual property, we believe that Blackberry’s claims against Typo lack merit and we intend to defend the case vigorously. We are excited about our innovative keyboard design, which is the culmination of years of development and research. The Typo keyboard has garnered an overwhelmingly positive response from the public. We are also looking forward to our product launch at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week and remain on track to begin shipping pre-orders at the end of January.”
    jxnb, rarsen, plasmid_boy and 6 others like this.
    01-04-14 12:31 AM

“We are aware of the lawsuit that Blackberry filed today against Typo Products. Although we respect Blackberry and its intellectual property, we believe that Blackberry’s claims against Typo lack merit and we intend to defend the case vigorously. We are excited about our innovative keyboard design, which is the culmination of years of development and research. The Typo keyboard has garnered an overwhelmingly positive response from the public. We are also looking forward to our product launch at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week and remain on track to begin shipping pre-orders at the end of January.”
    "Years" What is Typo birth date ?
    01-04-14 04:15 AM
    They are absolutely delusional. Hope BlackBerry wins and their are awarded either licensing fees or a massive settlement. Typo also better hope the judge isn't a BlackBerry user
    I agree.
    They probably know something that we don't, but from what I can see Typo don't stand a chance at using the 'independent development' card. In order for this argument to work, they need to prove that they had independently developed the keyboard design before BlackBerry did.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 07:24 AM
    "Years" What is Typo birth date ?
    I think it was May 2012.
    The founders, both Secrest and Hallier, are BlackBerry users and claimed "can't live without keyboard". But it seems what they are effectively saying is 'iPhone keyboard is not functional '. Which I agree after using an iPhone for more than 2 years while I waited for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    01-04-14 07:59 AM
    It will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out. It seems as though BlackBerry aren't going to try and shut them down, but simply get compensation. Either way, it should end up being a good thing for BlackBerry, publicity wise. It will remind people that BlackBerry still exists, and might make them more aware of BB10, just through having people see or read about the case.

Posted via CB10
    mike869 likes this.
    01-04-14 08:39 AM
    I'm sure BlackBerry has excellent lawyers, but i'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. It's clear that they were prepared to fight. in other words, they've probably planned their defense for this claim since day one. And felt confident enough in their argument to move forward with the venture. I guess time will tell whether the courts will agree with them or not.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    01-04-14 09:50 AM
    Yeah, time will tell. To be honest, I suspect Seacrest and them may not even have expected BlackBerry to still be around to sue them...

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, Corbu, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    01-04-14 09:58 AM
    I suspect as well that this is not going to be a long, drawn out process, but that Seacrest will settle with BlackBerry. It would be funny if he had to include a little BlackBerry logo on every silly keyboard he sold. That won't happen, but it would make me giggle.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    01-04-14 10:02 AM
    I suspect as well that this is not going to be a long, drawn out process, but that Seacrest will settle with BlackBerry. It would be funny if he had to include a little BlackBerry logo on every silly keyboard he sold. That won't happen, but it would make me giggle.

Posted via CB10
    THAT would be awesome!!!! Instead of financial compensation a little "designed in collaboration with BlackBerry " on front of every keyboard. Hahahaha. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-04-14 10:19 AM

�We are aware of the lawsuit that Blackberry filed today against Typo Products. Although we respect Blackberry and its intellectual property, we believe that Blackberry�s claims against Typo lack merit and we intend to defend the case vigorously. We are excited about our innovative keyboard design, which is the culmination of years of development and research. The Typo keyboard has garnered an overwhelmingly positive response from the public. We are also looking forward to our product launch at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week and remain on track to begin shipping pre-orders at the end of January.�
    What else are they going to say? Yeah we ripped BlackBerry off and will pay through the nose? They will pay it's just a matter of how much. I can't tell which keyboard is which. Kind of reminds me of those guilty killers with dna all over the crime scene and saying they are not guilty in court.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    01-04-14 10:31 AM
    Do we actually think that Typo will sell millions of these for BlackBerry to actually get decent royalties?

I also don't think the keyboard market for iPhones is significantly large and this move is just for BB to remind everyone that keyboards are their thing and no one can copy them.
    01-04-14 12:47 PM
    Do we actually think that Typo will sell millions of these for BlackBerry to actually get decent royalties?

I also don't think the keyboard market for iPhones is significantly large and this move is just for BB to remind everyone is keyboards are their thing and no one can copy them.
    I agree. It could simply be them not letting a precedent to be set. If they didn't do anything, it would open the door, to lets just say Samsung, to run a limited number of qwerty phones based on the Q10 design for those that may want one.
    01-04-14 12:52 PM
    OT:
    Sorry fellas but I just want to know where I can send a quick message/complaint regarding BBM for android. Everything seems fine with my IOS friends that use BBM but i contact my brother with BBM too and he's on android same with my cousin. They never receive my messages instantaneously and I dont receive theirs. I got really frustrated because i've been tracking this for weeks and last time he sent me a message it stayed as a checkmark and I did not receive his message until hours later and vice versa. I hope BB knows of this issue and has an update with it because due to this my cousin uninstalled and refused to get BBM ever again. To be honest this is a real pain in the ***, anyone got any suggestions?
    Rant.
    01-04-14 01:12 PM
    The Seacrest keyboard is a nonsense. I think it's really good that BlackBerry are doing this, as it will probably end in good publicity, and help remind people that the company is still around, though. Even with a stolen design, the keyboard on the iphone is too narrow for effective keypad, two-thumb typing. I think the best result is a payout of some kind, along with some frequent mention of BlackBerry is the news, in a not-negative light.

It could also work the other way around though. What the media will probably do is mention BlackBerry as the 'floundering', 'failing', 'hapless', former giant on the verge of bankruptcy, etc., etc.

Still, there is only so long that you can keep chanting that a company is dead without them actually being dead. Here in the UK, I am now seeing an average of one BlackBerry 10 device a day in the wild, which is way up from even six months ago. If BlackBerry can get the next two flagships right, we'll all be in good shape. It was always going to take time for people to get into BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-04-14 01:36 PM
    OT:
    Sorry fellas but I just want to know where I can send a quick message/complaint regarding BBM for android. Everything seems fine with my IOS friends that use BBM but i contact my brother with BBM too and he's on android same with my cousin. They never receive my messages instantaneously and I dont receive theirs. I got really frustrated because i've been tracking this for weeks and last time he sent me a message it stayed as a checkmark and I did not receive his message until hours later and vice versa. I hope BB knows of this issue and has an update with it because due to this my cousin uninstalled and refused to get BBM ever again. To be honest this is a real pain in the ***, anyone got any suggestions?
    Rant.
    I'm not sure where to complain, but you aren't the first, so I'm sure they are aware of the issue. There are a lot of demands on the BBM folks right now, and I hope they haven't gone and fired too many people, and are now unable to push ahead with crucial advancements with the pace required.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 01:38 PM
    OT:
    Rant.
    Is the setting on his BBM for Android set to always connected, meaning he sees the BB logo on the top left of his homescreen? I had this hiccup on Android where BBM wasn't always connected. I don't know why it isn't set to always connected by default.
    bungaboy and theRock1975 like this.
    01-04-14 03:36 PM
    The Seacrest keyboard is a nonsense. I think it's really good that BlackBerry are doing this, as it will probably end in good publicity, and help remind people that the company is still around, though. Even with a stolen design, the keyboard on the iphone is too narrow for effective keypad, two-thumb typing. I think the best result is a payout of some kind, along with some frequent mention of BlackBerry is the news, in a not-negative light.

It could also work the other way around though. What the media will probably do is mention BlackBerry as the 'floundering', 'failing', 'hapless', former giant on the verge of bankruptcy, etc., etc.

Still, there is only so long that you can keep chanting that a company is dead without them actually being dead. Here in the UK, I am now seeing an average of one BlackBerry 10 device a day in the wild, which is way up from even six months ago. If BlackBerry can get the next two flagships right, we'll all be in good shape. It was always going to take time for people to get into BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Try BBM.com or BB on twitter maybe?
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    01-04-14 03:53 PM
    I would like to see BlackBerry using that patent portfolio of theirs and start making companies pay

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    01-04-14 04:39 PM
    OT / Saturday night live made in France.... Calvados (out of age) and friends
    Cheers gang!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140104_235022.jpg

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, Corbu, rarsen and 8 others like this.
    01-04-14 04:53 PM
    Thanks leaf! ill check it out tonight and see if that will fix it

Is the setting on his BBM for Android set to always connected, meaning he sees the BB logo on the top left of his homescreen? I had this hiccup on Android where BBM wasn't always connected. I don't know why it isn't set to always connected by default.
    leafs123 and Korepab like this.
    01-04-14 06:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think blackberry should make the device for Apple phones and brand it boldly.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    01-04-14 09:15 PM
    Just wanted to chime in, I have gone into observation mode while I set up a new company.

First of all I like what john Chen has done so far. Like I said BlackBerry problem has nothing to do with the product, it is pr marketing and public perception. John seems to be aware of this and really making an effort.

The OS is really at a similar level to the other oses out there, it is better at some things than others, but still rock solid.

BES 10 I would imagine is similar. Foxconn is a good move. Get some cheap bb10s out there. Biggest thing now, keep the updates rolling out, and start to quieten the naysayers.

First PR move should be to constantly be in the public eye and in touch with shareholders, second tackle bad publicity head on. You can always put a spin on things if you have to. The third PR target, which will be the most difficult is to get people to start to see BlackBerry as hip, cool, up to date. This will be important and difficult, but it's possible.

It will be interesting to see what they reveal at CES10. It is a good chance for them to begin stage three by showing the public they are up to date with a product for cars.

Like we said handsets, mdm, qnx and bb10, and BBM are all going in the right direction.

What i would like to see in q1 2014.

Mdm- some big names signing up and pr releases with numbers
    BBM - release of voice, video and channels for ios and android. This should trump all other messaging apps and speed up adoption
    Handsets- release of two cheap handsets and some publicity and hype for new high end ones. Talk of tablet and or smartwatch?
    Bb10.2.1 release. Google play access and 10.3 features announced.
    Qnx to dominate CES10
    Announcing a new PR company, someone with balls.

It's a tall order, but would show a number of massive moves if possible.

What I am seeing at the moment. Bb10
    In London is very sparse. Only seen a few handsets. still.many bb7 handsets out there.
    I think apple has lost its wow factor, but is still popular. Big marketing dollars are being spent by Apple and samsung.
    In my personal group of friends BBM is not used more. I am not a good indicator though as I have very few friends!

BlackBerry has an up hill battle on, if they can execute on all of the above I think the company is undervalued. I believe that we are looking at 12 months minimum, maximum 36 months for this to unfold.

John Chen best be ready for the ride.

PS, still waiting for my 100 dollar party

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_, jxnb, bungaboy and 11 others like this.
    01-05-14 02:46 AM
    Just wanted to chime in, I have gone into observation mode while I set up a new company.

First of all I like what john Chen has done so far. Like I said BlackBerry problem has nothing to do with the product, it is pr marketing and public perception. John seems to be aware of this and really making an effort.

The OS is really at a similar level to the other oses out there, it is better at some things than others, but still rock solid.

BES 10 I would imagine is similar. Foxconn is a good move. Get some cheap bb10s out there. Biggest thing now, keep the updates rolling out, and start to quieten the naysayers.

First PR move should be to constantly be in the public eye and in touch with shareholders, second tackle bad publicity head on. You can always put a spin on things if you have to. The third PR target, which will be the most difficult is to get people to start to see BlackBerry as hip, cool, up to date. This will be important and difficult, but it's possible.

It will be interesting to see what they reveal at CES10. It is a good chance for them to begin stage three by showing the public they are up to date with a product for cars.

Like we said handsets, mdm, qnx and bb10, and BBM are all going in the right direction.

What i would like to see in q1 2014.

Mdm- some big names signing up and pr releases with numbers
    BBM - release of voice, video and channels for ios and android. This should trump all other messaging apps and speed up adoption
    Handsets- release of two cheap handsets and some publicity and hype for new high end ones. Talk of tablet and or smartwatch?
    Bb10.2.1 release. Google play access and 10.3 features announced.
    Qnx to dominate CES10
    Announcing a new PR company, someone with balls.

It's a tall order, but would show a number of massive moves if possible.

What I am seeing at the moment. Bb10
    In London is very sparse. Only seen a few handsets. still.many bb7 handsets out there.
    I think apple has lost its wow factor, but is still popular. Big marketing dollars are being spent by Apple and samsung.
    In my personal group of friends BBM is not used more. I am not a good indicator though as I have very few friends!

BlackBerry has an up hill battle on, if they can execute on all of the above I think the company is undervalued. I believe that we are looking at 12 months minimum, maximum 36 months for this to unfold.

John Chen best be ready for the ride.

PS, still waiting for my 100 dollar party

Posted via CB10
    Great post! I'd add doing one or two acquisition(s) that would bring value in terms of customer base and IP (M2M: sierra wireless; or MDM: no idea actually:-))

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 03:49 AM
    OT / Saturday night live made in France.... Calvados (out of age) and friends
    Cheers gang!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140104_235022.jpg 
Views:	1090 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	235991

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    01-05-14 07:23 AM
113,256 ... 23172318231923202321 ...