View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Dare I say it ....GREEN
    cjcampbell, Corbu, ibpluto and 4 others like this.
    01-03-14 01:03 PM
    Dare I say it ....GREEN
    Careful . . . . that is a proven troll attractant!
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    01-03-14 02:05 PM
    Careful . . . . that is a proven troll attractant!
    Troll Threat.
    Low Moderate High

currently Low
    01-03-14 02:11 PM
    So. Where is the outrage?

Snapchat mum after hackers access users’ info

January 2, 2014 - 6:50pm Barbara Ortutay THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK — Snapchat, the disappearing-message service popular with young people, has been quiet following a security breach that allowed hackers to collect the usernames and phone numbers of millions of its users.

Company spokeswoman Mary Ritti said Thursday morning that the company is assessing the situation, but did not have further comment.

As Americans rang in the New Year, hackers reportedly published 4.6 million Snapchat usernames and phone numbers on a website called snapchatdb.info, which has since been suspended. The breach came less than a week after security experts alerted Snapchat of a vulnerability in its system and warned that an attack could take place.

In response to the warning, Snapchat said in a blog post last Friday that it had implemented “various safeguards” over the past year that would make it more difficult to steal large sets of phone numbers. But the measures appear to have fallen short.

The incident bruises the image of a young company that reportedly turned down a $3 billion buyout offer from Facebook last year. According to the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project, nine per cent of U.S. cellphone owners use Snapchat, which amounts to roughly 20 million adults, based on 2012 census data. The Pew study didn’t include users under 18, a demographic with which Snapchat is especially popular. The Los Angeles-based company, which has no source of revenue, has not disclosed its own user figures.

What should users do? Gibson Security, the firm that warned Snapchat of the security vulnerability on Dec. 25, has created a site (lookup.gibsonsec.org/) that lets users type in their username to see if their phone number was among those leaked. Of two user accounts that The Associated Press checked, one was found to have been compromised.

sidhuk, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    01-03-14 02:13 PM
    Troll Threat.
    Low Moderate High

currently Low
    That is just too funny. Made me backdraft my water.
    sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    01-03-14 02:14 PM
    Yeah imagine the backlash if BB email drops out for a day you would see it all over the news ppl would be freaking out saying the are leaving BB etc. Snapchat loses your personnel phone number. Meh! That's ok we will use Instagram
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    01-03-14 02:18 PM
    That is just too funny. Made me backdraft my water.

lol to funny but i think the troll will soon be gone
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-03-14 02:19 PM
    anyone else see that 12 cent drop -_-

Hey m8 if you have time do you mind taking a screen shot of the chart attributes you use with stock charts? the charts I see from TDW shows a closing of the BB in regards to Ford stock but when I plot on stock charts its different, just wanna see whats going on

Thank you!
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-03-14 02:43 PM
    Either some short trying his hardest, or it hit some resistance point and there was profit taking....bouncing back up again
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-03-14 02:48 PM
    Either some short trying his hardest, or it hit some resistance point and there was profit taking....bouncing back up again
    Ye i seen that must be a resistance point
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-03-14 02:51 PM
    Somebody jinxed it!
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-03-14 03:10 PM
    Somebody jinxed it!
    All my fault guys
    Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    01-03-14 03:13 PM
    All my fault guys
    Just teasing. Fell more on TSX for some reason. Dollar didn't go up that much today.
    01-03-14 03:29 PM
    Just teasing. Fell more on TSX for some reason. Dollar didn't go up that much today.
    Didn't Morgan8 said that he will be day trading this? LoL
    Cause I am.
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-03-14 03:43 PM
    Didn't Morgan8 said that he will be day trading this? LoL
    Cause I am.
    Yabut, he said he was gonna tell us when. LoL
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-03-14 04:38 PM
    Yabut, he said he was gonna tell us when. LoL
    Remember. He is not allowed to drink yet.
    I and the gang can
    Lol.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    bungaboy, plasmid_boy and rarsen like this.
    01-03-14 04:47 PM
    Wow! Too many pages have passed since my last post to even bother counting. You people are relentless! Perhaps some of you should apply to the Berry for work!

I have a 53 page patent that took a year of full time to complete, so I know a few things about patents et. al. I was thinking that if the Seacrest defendants walk away unscathed, that this may open the flood gates to have other corporations with larger reserves come out with the same design for their phones. Hope this doesn't happen.
    Could you image if Samsung, HTC, or any of the others offered a device that transformed their gear into a basic BlackBerry? Now add XBBM, and that presents a case to not bother buying BlackBerry anymore.
    Hey, we all know that bb10 is the best OS, but you still can't kick this 'what-if' aside.

PS - I used BBM video with a client today who didn't even know that his Q10 could do it(!). His face lit up like a kid in a candy store; hilarious. Now, if BlackBerry could just out out a commercial to showcase some of their main features....

Rant Continues:
    BlackBerry should run a number of 15 second commercials that each showcase one nifty BlackBerry feature, but run each in continuation just following a popular show going to commercial.

Well that said, good to dip my finger back in this thread. I'll catch up this evening as to what ya'll have been discussing.
    01-03-14 05:46 PM
    @Bacon Munchers. Nobody wants a physical qwerty keyboard smartphone, remember? DOA they said. LoL

Then they copy it! WTF.
    01-03-14 06:21 PM
    @Bacon Munchers. Nobody wants a physical qwerty keyboard smartphone, remember? DOA they said. LoL

Then they copy it! WTF.

Yeah, let's remember Gandhi's famous quote:
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

I just hope BlackBerry wins this case. Even with 1 claim out of a few that they are going for.
    When I filed for the patent, we claimed way more than we knew would be awarded; a common position when filing. Patents are tricky, because the defendants can bring 'prior art' (previous similar designs) to the table just to sway a judgment or at least lessen a claim. If Seacrest uses Samsung, HTC, Nokia, or brand X (they all made keyboard phones of various designs) to their defense, and of course they will, we may have an expensive and long-drawn case ahead of us.
    I would have waited for the device to gain traction before suing, as this would bring the spotlight to BlackBerry for the younger crowd.

Interesting case.

Say, you are really in the know for emerging news. Have you heard news on that case against BlackBerry regarding the stock??
    bungaboy, fedakd and Bilaal like this.
    01-03-14 08:12 PM
    I thought that blackberry have more money than the keyboard company to fight litigation.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    01-03-14 08:29 PM
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

I just hope BlackBerry wins this case. Even with 1 claim out of a few that they are going for.
    When I filed for the patent, we claimed way more than we knew would be awarded; a common position when filing. Patents are tricky, because the defendants can bring 'prior art' (previous similar designs) to the table just to sway a judgment or at least lessen a claim. If Seacrest uses Samsung, HTC, Nokia, or brand X (they all made keyboard phones of various designs) to their defense, and of course they will, we may have an expensive and long-drawn case ahead of us.
    I would have waited for the device to gain traction before suing, as this would bring the spotlight to BlackBerry for the younger crowd.

Interesting case.

Say, you are really in the know for emerging news. Have you heard news on that case against BlackBerry regarding the stock??

BB is probably going to defend their 'design' patent rather than a technology. If that's true, Typo will probably won't succeed at defending the case by pointing at prior arts - it is undeniably a BlackBerry design. What they might succeed at is by arguing that the design is in fact functional and not a design element. But I don't think that there is any ambiguity that the BlackBerry Keyboard works better because of clever design, so IMO Typo is fighting a loosing battle.
    I think that they are going to settle with BlackBerry and pay the necessary licensing fees - it is the proper thing to do.

Still trying to catch up reading this thread, but being a little impaired after couple Crown Royal :P

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:52 PM

Haven't heard a peep. It will go away I think. Ambulance chasers and mud shark bottom feeders.
    sidhuk and Bacon Munchers like this.
    01-03-14 08:55 PM
    BB is probably going to defend their 'design' patent rather than a technology. If that's true, Typo will probably won't succeed at defending the case by pointing at prior arts - it is undeniably a BlackBerry design. What they might succeed at is by arguing that the design is in fact functional and not a design element. But I don't think that there is any ambiguity that the BlackBerry Keyboard works better because of clever design, so IMO Typo is fighting a loosing battle.
    I think that they are going to settle with BlackBerry and pay the necessary licensing fees - it is the proper thing to do.

Still trying to catch up reading this thread, but being a little impaired after couple Crown Royal :P

Posted via CB10
    Well there's your problem. Have quadruple instead.
    plasmid_boy, sidhuk and CDM76 like this.
    01-03-14 08:57 PM
    And it seems Typo is actually going to try and fight BB on the suit......

“We are aware of the lawsuit that Blackberry filed today against Typo Products. Although we respect Blackberry and its intellectual property, we believe that Blackberry’s claims against Typo lack merit and we intend to defend the case vigorously. We are excited about our innovative keyboard design, which is the culmination of years of development and research. The Typo keyboard has garnered an overwhelmingly positive response from the public. We are also looking forward to our product launch at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week and remain on track to begin shipping pre-orders at the end of January.”
    rarsen, Corbu, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    01-03-14 10:30 PM
    And it seems Typo is actually going to try and fight BB on the suit......

�We are aware of the lawsuit that Blackberry filed today against Typo Products. Although we respect Blackberry and its intellectual property, we believe that Blackberry�s claims against Typo lack merit and we intend to defend the case vigorously. We are excited about our innovative keyboard design, which is the culmination of years of development and research. The Typo keyboard has garnered an overwhelmingly positive response from the public. We are also looking forward to our product launch at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas next week and remain on track to begin shipping pre-orders at the end of January.�
    Heh, wonder if Typo will be put beside BlackBerry at the CES.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-03-14 11:55 PM
113,250 ... 23162317231823192320 ...