View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    welcome back morgan!! get some rest its just good to hear from you!

personally like to thank you for HALO again i made well into the 5 figures with just options so if your ever in TO drinks/food on me!
    This year personally waiting for BBRY to recover some and then im out into other stocks
    12-31-13 10:07 AM
    I think that I mentioned couple months ago that the mainstream media will likely talk more about security issues with these popular phones. Most people don't care yet because they haven't heard enough about it. If people would just stop and think about it for a few minutes, they would realize that they should rust out to the closest carrier and buy a BlackBerry as soon as possible.
    But I have a feeling that most people are too busy to think - even for only a few minutes.
    I agree as I was about to post something similar. The issue is that until the mass populous uproars against the NSA stuff, nothing will be done, thus any news articles about it are meaningless. Those of us who go on these forums and other blogs on the internet are educated and knowledgeable enough regarding the privacy issues at hand but the average consumer doesn't know much or doesn't care either.

I think there will be a boiling point where these issues will come to a head and as a society we should care about, but until that is done, status quo will remain.
    12-31-13 10:07 AM
    Welcome back Morgan. Glad to see you made it through ok.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 10:12 AM
    I agree as I was about to post something similar. The issue is that until the mass populous uproars against the NSA stuff, nothing will be done, thus any news articles about it are meaningless. Those of us who go on these forums and other blogs on the internet are educated and knowledgeable enough regarding the privacy issues at hand but the average consumer doesn't know much or doesn't care either.

I think there will be a boiling point where these issues will come to a head and as a society we should care about, but until that is done, status quo will remain.
    Task force urges limit on NSA snooping

Associated Press
    December 19, 2013 1:16 AM GMT

WASHINGTON (AP) — A presidential advisory panel has recommended dozens of changes to the government's surveillance programs, including stripping the National Security Agency of its ability to store Americans' telephone records and requiring a court to sign off on the individual searches of phone and Internet data.

The panel did not recommend that the NSA stop seizing phone and Internet data entirely, and it was unclear whether the changes would limit the scope of the collections. President Barack Obama ordered the review board to submit recommendations following disclosures earlier this year about the vast nature of the government's surveillance programs, but he is under no obligation to accept their proposals.

The White House authorized the release of the review group's report Wednesday, weeks ahead of schedule.

The panel called for more independent review of what the NSA collects and the process by which it goes about gathering data. The group also proposed that a court sign off on the individual searches of the metadata.

In addition, the panel called for tightening federal law enforcement's use of so-called national security letters, which give authorities sweeping authority to demand financial and phone records without prior court approval in national security cases. The task force recommended that authorities should be required to obtain a prior "judicial finding" showing "reasonable grounds" that the information sought was relevant to terrorism or other intelligence activities.
    12-31-13 10:16 AM
    And another . . .

Report: NSA spying on virtual worlds, online games

Associated Press
    December 9, 2013 6:16 PM GMT

LONDON (AP) — American and British intelligence has been spying on gamers across the world, media outlets reported Monday, saying that the world's most powerful espionage agencies packed virtual universes full of undercover agents and surreptitiously monitored traffic across online fantasy games such as "World of Warcraft."

Stories carried Monday in The New York Times, the Guardian, and ProPublica said U.S. and U.K. spies have spent years trawling online games for terrorists or informants. The stories, based on documents leaked by former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden, offer an unusual take on America's world-spanning surveillance campaign, suggesting that even the fantasy worlds popular with children, teens, and escapists of all ages aren't beyond the attention of the NSA and its British counterpart, GCHQ.

Virtual universes like World of Warcraft can be massively popular, drawing in millions of players who log months' worth of real world time competing with other players for online glory, virtual treasure, and magical loot. At its height, World of Warcraft boasted some 12 million paying subscribers, more than the population of Greece. Other virtual worlds, like Linden Labs' "Second Life" or the various games hosted by Microsoft's Xbox — home to the popular science fiction-themed shoot-em-up "Halo" — host millions more.

Spy agencies have long worried that such games serve as a good cover for terrorists or other evildoers who could use in-game messaging systems to swap information. In one of the documents cited Monday by media outlets, the NSA warned that the games could give intelligence targets a place to "hide in plain sight."

The 82-page-document, published on The New York Times' website, also noted that opponents could use video games to recruit other users or carry out virtual weapons training — pointing to the Sept. 11, 2001 hijackers as examples of terrorists who had used flight simulation software to hone their skills.

Important details — such as how the agencies secured access to gamers' data, how many players' information was compromised, or whether Americans were swept up in the spying — were not clear, the Times and ProPublica said, but the reports point to a determined effort to infiltrate a world many people associate with adolescents and shut-ins.

At the request of GCHQ, the NSA began extracting "World of Warcraft" data from its global intelligence haul, trying to tie specific accounts and characters to Islamic extremism and arms dealing efforts, the Guardian reported. Intelligence on the fantasy world could eventually translate to real-world espionage success, one of the documents suggested, noting that "World of Warcraft" subscribers included "telecom engineers, embassy drivers, scientists, the military and other intelligence agencies."

"World of Warcraft" wasn't the only target. Another memo noted that GCHQ had "successfully been able to get the discussions between different game players on Xbox Live." Meanwhile, so many U.S. spies were roaming around "Second Life" that a special "deconfliction" unit was set up to prevent them from stepping on each other's toes.

Blizzard Activision Inc. —the company behind of "World of Warcraft" — Linden Labs, and Microsoft Inc. did not immediately return messages seeking comment, although the Times cited a Blizzard spokesman as saying that any surveillance "would have been done without our knowledge or permission." GCHQ said it had no comment on the stories beside the assertion that it operated in "a strict legal and policy framework" with rigorous oversight.

12-31-13 10:19 AM
    Indeed, Glad to hear from you Morgan. Get some fast recovery. There are lots of butts to be kicked yet.
    Your presence is being missed here very much

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    12-31-13 10:28 AM
    Good to see Morgan back in typical form, with a clear mind. Thank you again for your knowledge and your advice throughout 2013. A speedy recovery and all the best for 2014!
    12-31-13 10:34 AM
    We are all stoked to have you back Morgan. Keep well rested my friend!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    12-31-13 10:35 AM
    Very green today

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.jpg
    plasmid_boy and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-31-13 10:45 AM
    Welcome back Morgan hope you recover quickly.
    12-31-13 10:45 AM
    Welcome back Morgan! I wish you all the best for your recovery.
    sidhuk, Corbu, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-31-13 10:49 AM
    M+8 So glad to see you back, wish you a speedy recovery!!
    Hello everyone!

I want to thank so many of you for your best wishes over the holidays. I have tried to keep up with the messages on this thread but I rarely get a chance to see them as my wife has strict recovery rules for me. I asked her to post a message but she didn't know what to say about my condition so she passed on it knowing she would allow me some PC time in the days ahead. So I have been using my Z10 to read posts and I must say, you guys are on top of everything!

I went into surgery prior to the earnings report and I must confess that I still haven't been able to read the afternoon report from BlackBerry so I can't comment on the results at this time. They did partner up, something I have been begging them to do for months now and that clears the deck to allow them to produce and sell BlackBerry phones at various entry levels. I'm so pumped about that, but, I was concerned that they aren't enabling CORE fast enough. Those writedowns are being drawn out but Chen is doing a wonderful job based upon my limited knowledge of his public appearances.

As far as trading has gone, I purchased a block of additional shares in BlackBerry prior to the ER so I'm really pleased with the out come. I then sold a block of 50,000 shares after my surgery just to protect my account in the days after my recovery when things looked a bit shaky. I have since purchased them back and might consider day trading that block of stock going forward here. Thanks to JLagoon's great TA, I feel comfortable trading those shares while holding onto the rest. If I do go ahead with the day trading program I'll post my charts and reason for buying/selling to the board.

The only other thing I have done was to option out all of our HALO at the $ 15.00 Jan Call strike for $ 1.60/option. We are likely to lose those shares in the next 2 1/2 weeks freeing up funds to invest in a couple of new stocks. So that's it, not many trades but my net position in BBRY has gone up and as JLagoon have said, a good close above $ 8.00/shr, or for that matter a close above the recent high, could send BBRY to the all important mid $ 8.00/shr which is resistance. Things are really looking up for BBRY in 2014. Tax related selling is now over, Chen is doing a great job so far, I don't miss Heins at all, we might see a very strong rally in this stock as new money enters into the scene.

Best of luck to everyone and thank you so much for all of the kind words over the past two weeks of recovery, I only wish I could thank each of you individually but I know my wife won't allow me that much PC time! LOL

PS. I forgot to mention PSDV, a great recovery there, hope some of you are still holding that one as they are likely to have some good news in January. I think the only flop has been IAG/IMG? It tanked on the back of gold prices but I'm thinking of buying a block of that trading stock on the next dip. I need to lay down. Good luck!
    12-31-13 10:50 AM
    Welcome back Morgan! Hope you are having an excellent recovery.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 11:12 AM
    Welcome back Morgan! Hoping 2014 brings you a better year.

Posted via CB10
    georg22, bungaboy, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    12-31-13 12:06 PM
    Welcome back Morgan, 2014 will be a great year!
    12-31-13 12:55 PM
    Yes Virginia there very well may be a Santa Claus!

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...dition-889377/
    Last edited by bungaboy; 12-31-13 at 01:51 PM.
    12-31-13 01:31 PM
    OT: As we near the end of trading for 2013 I want to send this out for a good laugh to end the year. Listen closely and enjoy!

12-31-13 02:03 PM
    UP 7.45

Yeeahhhh
    12-31-13 02:14 PM
    end right off the HOD for the closing of the year! Hope it continues to teens early next year!

Happy new years everyone
    12-31-13 03:04 PM
    12-31-13 03:25 PM
    Happy New Year everyone...so happy M8 is recovering and thanks to each of you for making this an awesome place.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 03:45 PM
    Happy New year! Wanna stop,remember and thanks the great peoples (can't name all of them) on this thread who gave some good insight through this year. please keep up the good work for the year to come I thank you and know that many people thank you!!!
    12-31-13 03:59 PM
    And thank you John Chen for the new BB/BBRY Theme Song 2014!

12-31-13 03:59 PM
    And thank you John Chen for the new BB/BBRY Theme Song 2014!

The days of "big hair" bands

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-31-13 04:33 PM
    Happy New Years to all, Morgan I pray that the new year will bring you health above all.
    Thanks again for all the time and knowledge you have contributed to the thread over the past year, very much appreciated over here. Sold all my HALO awhile ago, held on to my PSDV so far, was nice to see it bounce back.
    12-31-13 05:08 PM
113,256 ... 23112312231323142315 ...