• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    One thought a day, even w/o a post.
    >>> positive vibes.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 04:41 PM
    Still hanging in that range I suggested as being positive so all good in my book. Headed back to new England after the new year, but great to wake up to this z10 beach sunrise this morning!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000286.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 04:56 PM
    BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 Sold Well in Nigeria This Season

Mobile phones used to be reserved for the top class in the Nigerian society but in the current age, the costs of smartphones decreased dramatically, thus becoming accessible to more people. Nigeria, like many emerging markets out there, have seen a fast-rising middle class combined with an influx of cheap low-end smartphones from Chinese and Korean phone makers.According to the article, 2013 experienced a “gadget boom” with attractive phones and tablets. Competition has certainly become more intense as the trend continues. The good news is Nigeria has always been known to be one of the countries where BlackBerry still accounts for a significant percentage of the market share. This year is no different.

The team behind Ventures surveyed the retail markets during the holiday seasons for the top five hottest selling devices. BlackBerry Q10 and BlackBerry Z10 both claimed one of the top five spots. Apparently, despite the cross-platform release of BBM, sales of Q10 remained relatively consistent due to its versatile hardware. Sales of the Z10, on the other hand, went through a substantial change. The increase in demand was assisted by the drop in price. In fact, Z10 was the number one top selling device at Slot Limited, a Nigerian retailer.

It is certainly nice to see BlackBerry is still a brand that is sought after. As the BlackBerry 10 user base grows, so will developer support. Hopefully this is a trend that will continue in years to come:

BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 Sold Well in Nigeria This Season -
    bungaboy, CDM76, Randeman and 8 others like this.
    12-30-13 06:56 PM
    Another sensitive security article, not too many you can thrust out there !!
    RSA leaves back door open for NSA | DVICE
    12-30-13 06:59 PM
    Another sensitive security article, not too many you can thrust out there !!
    RSA leaves back door open for NSA | DVICE
    &

I think, you are right. I didn't recall seeing Apple as a QNX partner a few months ago.
    Deserves a news article and thread and blog post all their on on the main page!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen likes this.
    12-30-13 08:48 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-article-1314281-0b335a2e000005dc-517_634x575.jpg
    Is it me drunk or something really going on?

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    12-30-13 09:28 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-1314281-0B335A2E000005DC-517_634x575.jpg 
Views:	1542 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	234777
    Is it me drunk or something really going on?

Not sure but the sum of exposed digits is 41 lol

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 09:41 PM
    Not sure but the sum of exposed digits is 41 lol

Posted via CB10
    Naa. I count 60. LoL

Here is the link
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosl...illusions.html

12-30-13 09:50 PM
    Naa. I count 60. LoL

Here is the link
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosl...illusions.html

Count again lol...continuous line

But I'm on number three of CR so don't trust my numbers haha.

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10, sidhuk, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    12-30-13 10:27 PM
    Lagoon! would you mind putting up a chart just becuase we havnt seen one in awhile itll be greatly appreciated!

btw. M8 hope your recovering well!
    I hope m+8 is doing well. Haven't seen him in a while. Always look forward to his insights and charts. Get well soon M+8

Posted via CB10
    georg22, bungaboy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-30-13 11:22 PM
    Lagoon! would you mind putting up a chart just becuase we havnt seen one in awhile itll be greatly appreciated!

btw. M8 hope your recovering well!
    Hi Slipstream:

Sure thing. For the past 3 days, the SP has been in technical overbought area, which reached outside of the Bollinger band, so it dropped from its peak. Over 100 million shares were traded, after ER, and the SP went up. This has not happened for months. And there are reasons for this to happen--the changes in Blackberry management as we have followed. So far, the drop is not the typical BBRY drop, which used to be very fast and steep, after a rally, especially after ER.

Based on the daily chart, I see support, still at $6.80--coincides as MA50. $6.45 is a support as well, but I would not want to see it bounce at this SP, because it is too close with the previous downtrend. The next level to break is $8.16, which coincides as MA100. As you can see on the daily chart, it has been months that BBRY has not traded above MA50 or MA100. Right now, the SP is in a technical downtrend. I see two near term possibilities: a. the SP would drop, and bounce at $6.80 in the next 2 or 3 trading days to challenge MA100. When this happens, we should see a bullish whipsaw on the stoch. RSI, and MACD. b. the SP would drop to $6.45 in the next 5 - 7 trading days. When this happens, the stoch. RSI, and MACD will do a steeper cycle, but the SP will rise again eventually.

Based on the 30 minute chart, there is a possibility of a descending triangle formation. If the SP touches, and bounces at around $7, and bounces to $7.20, and drop again, then this won't be good. It correlates to scenario b in the daily chart description.

Overall, the good thing is that, I think, the market has seemed to show a semi-positive feedback since the December 2013 ER. We saw how the SP rose that day. Blackberry has a new management, a new partnership with Foxconn, wants to compete in the low cost consumer handset market, has a new vp of marketing and a new vp for enterprise sales from SAP, a QNX showcase in CES, and who knows what else?

I wish, as some of you do, BBRY would skyrocket in one day to trade in the mid teens. At least, we have new developments that are more concrete about the company to relate to the SP. Let's see how the market treats Blackberry in January, and how Blackberry treats its market, and the media.

Daily chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-12-31-4.07.46-am.png

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-12-31-4.08.57-am.png
    12-31-13 04:16 AM
    Yikes: NSA can turn on your iPhone?s camera, mic without you knowing http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TheBo...3/op0fgKmzyLw/

12-31-13 07:34 AM
    Additionally the video in the attached site from another CB tread is of interest to those interested in the technical aspects of a iPhone backdoor:
    NSA Was Able to Capture Live Data From Compromised iPhones in 2008, Including Live Camera, GPS, and More - Mac Rumors

Not much is safe out there !
    sidhuk, _dimi_, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    12-31-13 07:47 AM
    Quite a few interesting links dealing with the iPhone's security recently. Thank you for bringing them up.

What I find strange is that none of them seem to be worth a mention on Yahoo's Finance page (or any other such site) though...

I guess nobody cares! The iPhone is such a nice phone... and who cares about security, after all.

Imagine if the security stories concerned BlackBerry. What would the stock be worth now? Pennies?

And a good last day of 2013 to all!
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-31-13 at 08:08 AM.
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-31-13 07:53 AM
    The NSA Has Crazy Good Backdoor Access to iPhones http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/gizmo...nes-1492117035
    No wonder north American government want blackberry to loose and iPhone to succeed.
    I wonder why bully media was used against blackberry?

12-31-13 07:54 AM
    The NSA Has Crazy Good Backdoor Access to iPhones http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/gizmo...nes-1492117035
    No wonder north American government want blackberry to loose and iPhone to succeed.

I don't buy for a second that BES can be compromised.

Posted via CB10
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    12-31-13 08:30 AM
    12-31-13 08:32 AM
    A Globe & Mail article with hardly any negative spin.
    What's going on at the G&M? Regular staff on holiday?
    12-31-13 08:38 AM
    �He has never explained how he plans to secure non-BlackBerry devices when he doesn�t get the support of the [other] manufacturers,� Alan Dabbiere, AirWatch LLC�s chairman, said in an interview. �He never answers that concern. And claiming 80,000 customers is fine, but those are 80,000 BlackBerry hardware customers.�

Seems like this guy have no idea that blackberry 10 are better phones than what is available in the market. Specially z30.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-31-13 08:51 AM
    The NSA Has Crazy Good Backdoor Access to iPhones The NSA Has Crazy Good Backdoor Access to iPhones

I think that I mentioned couple months ago that the mainstream media will likely talk more about security issues with these popular phones. Most people don't care yet because they haven't heard enough about it. If people would just stop and think about it for a few minutes, they would realize that they should rust out to the closest carrier and buy a BlackBerry as soon as possible.
    But I have a feeling that most people are too busy to think - even for only a few minutes.

OT:
    I have been using the latest leak, it is awesome! All Android Apps that I tested worked, including voice calling with LINE (I don't use, but tested it for my wife), check deposits with bank Apps, etc., and the OS is really smooth with no glitches yet. I am very happy with it so far.

On topic:
    I had planned to sell my BBRY shares to offset taxes on my other stocks, but that didn't happen because I wasn't able to cash in on my other stocks soon enough (they were physical stock certificates) and missed the deadline. Glad that the plan didn't go through

New year wishes:
    Wish everyone a prosperous new year. And more importantly, a year full of love (that's what money is for - to buy love).
    Yeah, yeah...money can't buy you love, but sure can buy a car that you love, a nice handbag that your wife loves, a vacation that your family love, a good life for your family, etc...

Wish that Morgan8 is recovering well.
    We would love to hear from you buddy.
    12-31-13 09:16 AM
    Hello everyone!

I want to thank so many of you for your best wishes over the holidays. I have tried to keep up with the messages on this thread but I rarely get a chance to see them as my wife has strict recovery rules for me. I asked her to post a message but she didn't know what to say about my condition so she passed on it knowing she would allow me some PC time in the days ahead. So I have been using my Z10 to read posts and I must say, you guys are on top of everything!

I went into surgery prior to the earnings report and I must confess that I still haven't been able to read the afternoon report from BlackBerry so I can't comment on the results at this time. They did partner up, something I have been begging them to do for months now and that clears the deck to allow them to produce and sell BlackBerry phones at various entry levels. I'm so pumped about that, but, I was concerned that they aren't enabling CORE fast enough. Those writedowns are being drawn out but Chen is doing a wonderful job based upon my limited knowledge of his public appearances.

As far as trading has gone, I purchased a block of additional shares in BlackBerry prior to the ER so I'm really pleased with the out come. I then sold a block of 50,000 shares after my surgery just to protect my account in the days after my recovery when things looked a bit shaky. I have since purchased them back and might consider day trading that block of stock going forward here. Thanks to JLagoon's great TA, I feel comfortable trading those shares while holding onto the rest. If I do go ahead with the day trading program I'll post my charts and reason for buying/selling to the board.

The only other thing I have done was to option out all of our HALO at the $ 15.00 Jan Call strike for $ 1.60/option. We are likely to lose those shares in the next 2 1/2 weeks freeing up funds to invest in a couple of new stocks. So that's it, not many trades but my net position in BBRY has gone up and as JLagoon have said, a good close above $ 8.00/shr, or for that matter a close above the recent high, could send BBRY to the all important mid $ 8.00/shr which is resistance. Things are really looking up for BBRY in 2014. Tax related selling is now over, Chen is doing a great job so far, I don't miss Heins at all, we might see a very strong rally in this stock as new money enters into the scene.

Best of luck to everyone and thank you so much for all of the kind words over the past two weeks of recovery, I only wish I could thank each of you individually but I know my wife won't allow me that much PC time! LOL

PS. I forgot to mention PSDV, a great recovery there, hope some of you are still holding that one as they are likely to have some good news in January. I think the only flop has been IAG/IMG? It tanked on the back of gold prices but I'm thinking of buying a block of that trading stock on the next dip. I need to lay down. Good luck!
    12-31-13 09:30 AM
    ?He has never explained how he plans to secure non-BlackBerry devices when he doesn?t get the support of the [other] manufacturers,? Alan Dabbiere, AirWatch LLC?s chairman, said in an interview. ?He never answers that concern. And claiming 80,000 customers is fine, but those are 80,000 BlackBerry hardware customers.?

Is this a valid argument from the Chairman of Airwatch? I don't recall seeing anything that implied BES10 was some how being limited by "other manufacturers". Even if this was the case I don't see what the incentive would be to the "other manufacturers" as far as limiting support for BlackBerry's MDM.

And what about his interpretation of the number of customers? It's one of those things where I'm not sure if he's mocking BlackBerry, or actually getting figures from somewhere that contradict what we seem to hear reported.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-31-13 09:35 AM
    Hello everyone!

I want to thank so many of you for your best wishes over the holidays. ...

PS. I forgot to mention PSDV, a great recovery there, hope some of you are still holding that one as they are likely to have some good news in January. I think the only flop has been IAG/IMG? It tanked on the back of gold prices but I'm thinking of buying a block of that trading stock on the next dip. I need to lay down. Good luck!
    Welcome back Morgan8. Glad to have you back. Still have all my BlackBerry and my PSDV (all my HALO and my Facebook, too).

2014 looks like it could be a banner year for these stocks and a lot more.
    Although it's only SA, somebody thinks we may double...Anybody care to double-down?

Four Stocks That Can Double In 2014 [Facebook Inc, BlackBerry Ltd, Quiksilver, Inc., Reed's, Inc.] - Seeking Alpha
    12-31-13 10:01 AM
    Great to hear from you Morgan+8. Made my day!

Keep on keepin' on!

To everyone have a Safe, Healthy, Prosperous and Happy New Year!
    12-31-13 10:01 AM
    Great to hear from you Morgan!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 10:04 AM
113,256 ... 23102311231223132314 ...