View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wow are those the -5 model? Im down in the states and thinking of switching to the dark side from my q10.. cheapest I've seen for the -5 model is 609 online..

Pounded out on the last great qwerty to rule them all.. Q10
    Yes -5 models. Lots for sale atm on CL Vancouver. Have a look, One at 390.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-28-13 09:18 AM

Dang. I need more Canadian friends . I'm nearish (in seattle) but not near enough to visit

12-28-13 11:10 AM

I am in Vancouver fairly often. Pardon my English but still didn't get the "ATM on CL". Lol

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    12-28-13 11:11 AM
    I am in Vancouver fairly often. Pardon my English but still didn't get the "ATM on CL". Lol

At the moment. Craigslist )

bungaboy likes this.
    12-28-13 11:15 AM
    Here you go. $600.00 no term, outright purchase.

https://shop.telus.com/blackberry_z3...rry-z30ShopCTA

Unlock for $24.95 USD at cellunlocker.net

http://www.cellunlocker.net/unlock-blackberry-10-os.php
    I already purchased one under one of my Telus account. Paid $50 plus tax for two years renewal. The best deal ever on a phone like this. I been watching ebay for z30 and none of them is going less than $500. Most around 600.

Tried to sell 32gb LGG2. Didn't get a single call on Kijiji at $400 bucks for 3 weeks. Then finally some one took it for $375 and I throw in $35 case for free.

Edit: Thanks for reminding Telus. I checked back at their website. it is $0 with two years contract. called them to get $50 back. on my way to the store to get a credit and might just buy another one right out.

Last edited by sidhuk; 12-28-13 at 01:00 PM.
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    12-28-13 11:18 AM
    At the moment. Craigslist )

Under
    ATM?LOL
    Adult trade market.
    . Just joking Ben.

bungaboy likes this.
    12-28-13 11:24 AM
    Under
    ATM?LOL
    Adult trade market.
    . Just joking Ben.

You mean..the now toast "Silk Road"
    sidhuk, bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    12-28-13 01:47 PM
    Under
    ATM?LOL
    Adult trade market.
    . Just joking Ben.

I have heard of MILF, but what is LGG2?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha. Didn't see this coming.

Congratulations for high scores on pervometer.

LG G2Strings
    Got run over by a Mr. Z30

12-28-13 03:08 PM
    so OT
    Im trying to buy a Z30 but it doesn't seem like Rogers sells it off contract :/ where else should I go to buy?
    Rogers have price match policy for existing customers. Telus has $0 deal for z30 and buy out price of $600. Maximum contract now a days runs for two years. If you do the math then you ll be better of buying from rogers.

bungaboy likes this.
    12-28-13 03:11 PM
    Hahaha. Didn't see this coming.

Congratulations for high scores on pervometer.

LG G2Strings
    Got run over by a Mr. Z30

Pervometer? You don't know what I was thinking when you had ATM posted. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    12-28-13 03:26 PM
    Pervometer? You don't know what I was thinking when you had ATM posted. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Haha haha.

bungaboy likes this.
    12-28-13 03:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    LGG2 = Leg Grinder . . . Grinding Twice?
    12-28-13 04:00 PM
    Slightly more on topic ..

Prem Watsa Bought 129,000 $BBRY Shares on Christmas Eve - http://n4bb.com/prem-watsa-bought-12...christmas-eve/

plasmid_boy likes this.
    12-29-13 08:43 AM
    Slow news day...

Could Nigeria be on the list of targeted countries for the Foxconn-built BlackBerry? The company is still doing fairly well there...

Ventures Africa | Top Selling Gadgets In Nigeria This Season
    12-29-13 09:38 AM
    http://rdd.me/gfq2wbvj
    NSA's backdoor catalog exposed: Targets include Juniper, Cisco, Samsung, Huawei
    http://rdd.me/uwz16k5m
    Last edited by sidhuk; 12-29-13 at 10:24 AM.
    12-29-13 09:39 AM
    It's Sunday... From the Fashion & Style section of the NYT, no less!

Still, a few interesting tidbits in there...

Ever True to You, Dear BlackBerry

BlackBerry Phone Users Are a Dying, but Not Dead, Breed

By MARISA MELTZER

Published: December 24, 2013

Just last year, Beyonc� Knowles was photographed holding the BlackBerry Bold P’9981, a model designed by Porsche that sold for more than $2,000.

How the mighty have tumbled. In September, BlackBerry entered an agreement for its $4.7 billion sale to a consortium led by Fairfax Financial; a recent earnings report suggests a company in financial free fall. BlackBerry models are selling for $11.99 on eBay. Even Goldman Sachs, an adviser to BlackBerry, allows employees to get company email on iPhones and Androids.

But holdouts for the device (more than you think) now congregate online to report sightings of the latest models (“Finally saw a guy with a Z10 at work. Couldn’t tell you what he looked like but his phone was gorgeous!”), even on television shows like “NCIS” and “White Collar.” One fan noted that President Obama’s selfie with the prime ministers David Cameron of Britain and Helle Thorning-Schmidt of Denmark at the Nelson Mandela memorial service was taken with a Z10. And when Susan Rice, the national security adviser, appeared on “60 Minutes” with her BlackBerry, it was perhaps the ultimate endorsement of the device’s reputation for superior encryption.

Though such policy-wonk cred persists, being able to trade BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) contact information no longer indicates that you are a member of an elite set; the feature has been all but usurped by iMessages and Twitter direct messages.

“I was courting a woman long-distance and we did BBM all the time,” said Rob Fong, 54, a former Sacramento City Council member. “When she moved up here, she got her first iPhone. I made her keep her BlackBerry so we could BBM. She’s canceled it now that we’re married.”

Mr. Fong knows only one other BlackBerry user, but he has no plans to trade his in.

“People make fun of me when I take my phone out,” he said. “I feel like I have an eight-track tape player in my car. When did I become that person? But I love it. And I register every time I get an egregious error typed on an iPhone.”

Roberta Kaplan, 47, a partner at the law firm Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, owns a BlackBerry and an iPhone. Being loyal to the former, she said, is “not cool or even retro-cool. I just can’t write a whole paragraph on an iPhone but I’ve written 10-page briefs on my BlackBerry.”

It’s not just government, law and financial firms that assign BlackBerries to their employees. Prada does, too, although the company’s Instagram account would indicate that someone in Milan is an iPhone user.

In part perhaps because BlackBerry long cultivated members of the fashion world with giveaways and promotions, there are many in that field who cling to their chic-in-2006 gizmo.

“The party’s going on on Instagram, and I feel left out,” said Robin Zachary, a stylist and art director who said she is “over 40” and lives in Chelsea. But she won’t give up her BlackBerry. “I can type faster than a speeding bullet on that keyboard.”

Carol Straley, 62, works in public relations for beauty clients and loves the way her BlackBerry Bold fits in her hand.

“I could be backstage during fashion week, waiting for the show to begin, or on my way to breakfast with an editor and need to be checking my email all the time,” she said. “That’s your lifeline. But on the other hand, I am intrigued by all the capabilities of the iPhone, not least of which are the aesthetics.”

Owning a BlackBerry indicates a gravitas and devotion to work that the iPhone does not.

“There’s a certain frivolity about the iPhone: playing games, watching videos, Pinterest, Snapchat,” said David Shapiro, 25, a student at Brooklyn Law School who got his first BlackBerry in 2006. “Owning a BlackBerry is the opposite of a status object now. It’s like driving a junk car.”

That is true even when compared to older technologies, he said, “because people who have flip-phones seem to have taken a principled stand against encroaching technology, which is its own kind of status thing.”

Just this week, Mr. Shapiro gave in to the siren call of the iPhone. But, he said, “I am keeping a spare BlackBerry in my backpack just in case.”
    By the way, on my recurring pet peeve of journalism standards, the funny thing is that associated with this NYT article are the following picture and legend:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-26znoted-popup.jpg
    "Paris Hilton in 2010 with a BlackBerry, a now maligned phone."

Do I need to see my eye doctor?

Cheers to all.
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-29-13 at 04:38 PM.
    12-29-13 10:11 AM
    And yet there is no mention of BB10. All the people that are holding on to their Blackberries are talking about upgrading to a iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    zyben likes this.
    12-29-13 12:09 PM
    And yet there is no mention of BB10. All the people that are holding on to their Blackberries are talking about upgrading to a iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Now that is a foolish statement to make in public! Seriously.
    12-29-13 02:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Please you are killing me. The iphone is hands down the most outdated smart phone on the market today. People Are dropping iPhone for mostly android but some are getting bb10 or WP8 phones. Ex iphone users can't believe how pathetic their iPhone is to whatever phone they happen to choose. Lol an iPhone.. some people are really funny.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 and anon(4086547) like this.
    12-29-13 04:38 PM
    Let's ride back on topic gang, please.
    We know where device/brand bashing leads to: nowhere.
    big smile though

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:36 PM
    LOL. Please you are killing me. The iphone is hands down the most outdated smart phone on the market today. People Are dropping iPhone for mostly android but some are getting bb10 or WP8 phones. Ex iphone users can't believe how pathetic their iPhone is to whatever phone they happen to choose. Lol an iPhone.. some people are really funny.

Posted via CB10
    Not in the US. More iphones get sold each year. And the youth demographic seems focused on buying them as soon as they have the money.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks and bobert65 like this.
    12-29-13 09:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Let's ride back on topic gang, please.
    We know where device/brand bashing leads to: nowhere.
    big smile though

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!

Needless Wheaties whizzing needs to cease. Painful enough reading on topic honest negativity.
    12-29-13 10:22 PM
    This has to be a concern for the QNX Automotive arm of BB.

Google and Audi plot new front in Android vs. iOS war | The Verge
    rarsen likes this.
    12-30-13 07:54 AM
    12-30-13 08:09 AM
113,256 ... 23082309231023112312 ...