View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And here's one more reason I'm happier with handing out a pin vs a phone number... long article so I figured just the link oughta do.

http://www.zdnet.com/snapchat-names-...rs-7000019992/

Posted via CB10
    It is funny how every one else gets away with anything and every thing. Just not blackberry.
    Seeing more lying and BS against blackberry in last few days including WSJ, ever since the spike in the Sp..

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    12-26-13 08:52 PM
    It is funny how every one else gets away with anything and every thing. Just not blackberry.
    Seeing more lying and BS against blackberry in last few days including WSJ, ever since the spike in the Sp.
    Could not have said it any better.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-27-13 12:35 AM
    The news services have published both the good and the bad. It seems there is just more bad to talk about but then Blackberry IS having a horrible time. The new CEO was a big step forward but until he comes up with a real plan . . . well there has got to be good news before it will get reported. Until then BBRY will have no real direction. There is still hope but something must stop the bleeding soon or it will get beyond the abilities of even the best to save Blackberry.
    Good and bad is OK, even with promoted bad.
    But 100% false is not acceptable (the WSJ allegations we are discussing).
    This article is a piece of shat and its title alone is funded on a proven false "fact" (see the update: what a scandal) and should have been simply deleted.
    You know very well the weight of such an article and the price to pay for BlackBerry : weeks of bad rumors in W.S...

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 03:49 AM
    The same general direction as BlackBerry's own ineptitude has been leading them.

If Chen can fix BlackBerry, then the press coverage will turn around as well. It's a trailing indicator.
    Not until benefits are back. And this won't happen before 6-8 Quarters IMHO. I hope his skin is as tough as his predecessor and can handle bashing avalanche for months as well. This is a challenge.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-27-13 03:54 AM
    Why do people invest or trade in a company on the long side if they are fully convinced that there is a full blown onslaught of negativity (some say conspiracy) by media Wall Street etc, etc?

I don't get it.
    12-27-13 06:02 AM
    Good and bad is OK, even with promoted bad.
    But 100% false is not acceptable (the WSJ allegations we are discussing).
    This article is a piece of shat and its title alone is funded on a proven false "fact" (see the update: what a scandal) and should have been simply deleted.
    You know very well the weight of such an article and the price to pay for BlackBerry : weeks of bad rumors in W.S...

Posted via CB10
    I will have to agree that the WSJ's accuracy has been suspect. They should at least print a correction. I still can not believe that this is what caused yesterdays drop. Just when you think there is "some" stability, this happens.
    Corbu likes this.
    12-27-13 06:16 AM
    Why do people invest or trade in a company on the long side if they are fully convinced that there is a full blown onslaught of negativity (some say conspiracy) by media Wall Street etc, etc?

I don't get it.
    Why do some people trip over their IQ passing over a door threshold?

I don't get that. But it happens a lot.
    Corbu, rim4ever, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-27-13 07:49 AM
    When the stock goes up, it usually reflects optimism and confidence in management and the strategic plan. When the stock goes down, it usually indicates some kind of market manipulation.
    12-27-13 07:59 AM
    I will have to agree that the WSJ's accuracy has been suspect. They should at least print a correction. I still can not believe that this is what caused yesterdays drop. Just when you think there is "some" stability, this happens.
    Not saying it caused yesterday's drop which is probably attributable to a numer of other factors. What I am saying is that BlackBerry seems to have been associated with a high number of cases of misreporting. Yesterday was a grotesque textbook scenario. In a span of 2 to 3 hours, I personnally read and heard of 5 or 6 cases of misreporting of the Mike L. sale. We are talking about basic factual errors and carelessness. I don't seem to recall coming to a similar conclusion regarding any other company that I follow.

Could it be that the standards of journalism are not what they should be or what they once were? Certainly. Could it be that BlackBerry is not the only victim of such a situation? Quite possibly as I do not believe in conspiracy theories. Could it be that BlackBerry has put itself in a situation where it is easy to bully it around? Indeed it has and it has to bear some of the responsibility for this.

What I do hope, however, is that under the new management, BlackBerry will reestablish itself from a business point of view, clean up its act, start producing results and adopt a proactive apoproach in the media to restore its image. John Chen is no fool. I do believe all of this will come, in due time. Well... since we have been let down before, I hope it does!

And a good day to all!
    Last edited by Corbu; 12-27-13 at 08:17 AM.
    12-27-13 07:59 AM
    anyways ... back on track !
    we are greeeeeen !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Corbu, Jince, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    12-27-13 09:03 AM
    I bought 20 shares yesterday. My first ever single stock purchase. Gotta start somewhere!

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    12-27-13 09:05 AM
    Watched the first half hour trade from 9:90 am to 10:00 am. Total 10 million share exchange (huge volume). Share price was heavily fluctuated by (+/-) $0.03 in just a second constantly with upward movement.
    What can this tell us?
    12-27-13 09:15 AM
    When the stock goes up, it usually reflects optimism and confidence in management and the strategic plan. When the stock goes down, it usually indicates some kind of market manipulation.
    So when a stock goes down it is because of market manipulation?
    Do you think that is why Blackberry used to sell for $140 a share and is now down to $7?
    12-27-13 09:21 AM
    Not saying it caused yesterday's drop which is probably attributable to a numer of other factors. What I am saying is that BlackBerry seems to have been associated with a high number of cases of misreporting. Yesterday was a grotesque textbook scenario. In a span of 2 to 3 hours, I personnally read and heard of 5 or 6 cases of misreporting of the Mike L. sale. We are talking about basic factual errors and carelessness. I don't seem to recall coming to a similar conclusion regarding any other company that I follow.

Could it be that the standards of journalism are not what they should be or what they once were? Certainly. Could it be that BlackBerry is not the only victim of such a situation? Quite possibly as I do not believe in conspiracy theories. Could it be that BlackBerry has put itself in a situation where it is easy to bully it around? Indeed it has and it has to bear some of the responsibility for this.

What I do hope, however, is that under the new management, BlackBerry will reestablish itself from a business point of view, clean up its act, start producing results and adopt a proactive apoproach in the media to restore its image. John Chen is no fool. I do believe all of this will come, in due time. Well... since we have been let down before, I hope it does!

And a good day to all!
    We both have the same hopes! Maybe in 2014 . . . . .
    Corbu likes this.
    12-27-13 09:23 AM
    http://rdd.me/kon3hsos

bungaboy likes this.
    12-27-13 09:56 AM
    Watched the first half hour trade from 9:90 am to 10:00 am. Total 10 million share exchange (huge volume). Share price was heavily fluctuated by (+/-) $0.03 in just a second constantly with upward movement.
    What can this tell us?
    Close to 20 million now... and still up.
    Hope we'll go back in the $10 range soon, would be a major step on the stock front...
    Won't happen before next ER IMHO.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20131227_173218.png

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:34 AM
    Close to 20 million now... and still up.
    Hope we'll go back in the $10 range soon, would be a major step on the stock front...
    Won't happen before next ER IMHO.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131227_173218.png 
Views:	782 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	233823

Posted via CB10
    "Won't happen before next ER IMHO".
    Oh you ll be surprised

12-27-13 10:50 AM
    To the point about standards in journalism. There are none anymore. We live in an instant gratification world where despair, destruction, violence, misery, hate and ego are reported daily. This is what sells!

I cancelled cable 4 years ago because of the onslaught of garbage being presented by media and news outlets. I am so much better for it.

The media portrayal of BlackBerry is just one example. Keep kicking them when they are down sells! Just another form of bullying and violence!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    12-27-13 11:28 AM
    To the point about standards in journalism. There are none anymore. We live in an instant gratification world where despair, destruction, violence, misery, hate and ego are reported daily. This is what sells!

I cancelled cable 4 years ago because of the onslaught of garbage being presented by media and news outlets. I am so much better for it.

The media portrayal of BlackBerry is just one example. Keep kicking them when they are down sells! Just another form of bullying and violence!

Did you ever get that deal from best buy on z30? I need one more and I am looking to buy right out.
    12-27-13 11:56 AM
    We drop 8 percent on low volume and go up 4 on high volume .. if that doesnt spell out manipulation then i dont know what does. On a good note shorts are starting to cover now and i cant wait to get to a point where shorts dont have enough shares shorted to control this stock.

I also agree we wont see 10's again until next ER unless some major news is announced. Next ER could see that 1 billion dollar tax refund so that could be a major reason we see a huge pop at next ER
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-27-13 12:02 PM
    Did you ever get that deal from best buy on z30? I need one more and I am looking to buy right out.
    I tried with Ken's help but the local BB manager would not do it. Funny how things worked out but I ended up getting a BNIB Z30 unlocked from a cell store in Vancouver for $430 plus $30 express shipping to Kelowna. This was a private sale through the manager at the store so no sales tax!

Also got one on contract for my Ex. She is very happy with it coming from a Samsung galaxy II.

So three Z30's here )

Last edited by bigbadben10; 12-27-13 at 01:11 PM.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Randeman and 2 others like this.
    12-27-13 12:09 PM
    I make my living off the Evening News
    Just give me something-something I can use
    People love it when you lose,
    They love dirty laundry

- Don Henley - Dirty Laundry - 30 years ago
    12-27-13 12:27 PM
    5 Minutes ago...from the Waterloo Record:

"These Shoes Were Made for Walking"

"Security officers at Blackberry's Waterloo administration offices reported the overnight theft of Mike Lazaridis' iconic patent leather shoes which had been displayed in the company's main lobby since his departure from Blackberry earlier this year. Lazaridis claimed his famous "patents" brought him luck and he left them behind to inspire the hundreds of loyal Blackberry employees who remain working diligently with new CEO John Chen to turn the company back to profitability. Undisclosed sources cite that Chen was not particularly concerned over this minor security compromise as the shoes were on display in a vulnerable area of the front lobby. Grim-faced and slightly embarrassed security officers would not comment when questioned by The Record. An investigation into the theft is ongoing."

Minutes later...the Wall Street Journal Reports:

"Blackberry Patents Compromised in Overnight Security Breach at Waterloo Headquarters"

"Blackberry's iconic patents have been compromised as a result of an overnight security breach at their Waterloo Headquarters. Blackberry employees and CEO John Chen displayed concern that Blackberry co-founder Mike Lazaridis left the patents - and the company - vulnerable to competitors. An investigation has failed to identify those responsible for the massive security breach. Embarrassed insiders fear the situation appears grim for Blackberry and its vaunted security claims."

Hmmmm.....a little practice and it seems anyone can write a WSJ article lol.
    12-27-13 12:36 PM
    Beautiful!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-27-13 12:40 PM
    5 Minutes ago...from the Waterloo Record:

"These Shoes Were Made for Walking"

"Security officers at Blackberry's Waterloo administration offices reported the overnight theft of Mike Lazaridis' iconic patent leather shoes which had been displayed in the company's main lobby since his departure from Blackberry earlier this year. Lazaridis claimed his famous "patents" brought him luck and he left them behind to inspire the hundreds of loyal Blackberry employees who remain working diligently with new CEO John Chen to turn the company back to profitability. Undisclosed sources cite that Chen was not particularly concerned over this minor security compromise as the shoes were on display in a vulnerable area of the front lobby. Grim-faced and slightly embarrassed security officers would not comment when questioned by The Record. An investigation into the theft is ongoing."

Minutes later...the Wall Street Journal Reports:

"Blackberry Patents Compromised in Overnight Security Breach at Waterloo Headquarters"

"Blackberry's iconic patents have been compromised as a result of an overnight security breach at their Waterloo Headquarters. Blackberry employees and CEO John Chen displayed concern that Blackberry co-founder Mike Lazaridis left the patents - and the company - vulnerable to competitors. An investigation has failed to identify those responsible for the massive security breach. Embarrassed insiders fear the situation appears grim for Blackberry and its vaunted security claims."

Hmmmm.....a little practice and it seems anyone can write a WSJ article lol.

lmfao
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and kfh227 like this.
    12-27-13 12:43 PM
113,256 ... 23062307230823092310 ...