1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I found out the hard way.

Posted via CB10
    One gallon water jug works the best.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    12-25-13 10:36 PM
    Bungaboy: so you asked for snow ?
    It came this morning on the surrounding mountains Are you kind of wizard ?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001409.jpg

Visit my BBM Channel !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-26-13 at 03:51 AM.
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    12-26-13 03:06 AM
    Am I totally off my rocker or is that Samsung security vulnerability story not getting much traction in the media... Hum???

It hasn't been taken up by any of the majors, Reuters, AP, BBC, etc.
    BGR has this on it: Samsung Knox Security Vulnerability Uncovered in Galaxy S4 | BGR

Should we attribute this to the Christmas festive and carefree spirit?

Imagine if the story concerned "BlackBerry" instead of "Samsung"... I bet you there would be no rest for the weary then.
    Samsung having problems has very little to do with Blackberry. They are in two different worlds.
    12-26-13 05:46 AM
    Am I totally off my rocker or is that Samsung security vulnerability story not getting much traction in the media... Hum???

It hasn't been taken up by any of the majors, Reuters, AP, BBC, etc.
    BGR has this on it: Samsung Knox Security Vulnerability Uncovered in Galaxy S4 | BGR

Should we attribute this to the Christmas festive and carefree spirit?

Imagine if the story concerned "BlackBerry" instead of "Samsung"... I bet you there would be no rest for the weary then.
    Knox is non existing software. That simple ...
    Corbu and BlackistheBerry like this.
    12-26-13 08:10 AM
    Samsung having problems has very little to do with Blackberry. They are in two different worlds.
    it has very much to go with BlackBerry in the enterprise sphere ... and they were proved irrelevant by DISA/DOD ...
    12-26-13 08:11 AM
    it has very much to go with BlackBerry in the enterprise sphere ... and they were proved irrelevant by DISA/DOD ...
    Sorry but I think it will make little overall difference in Blackberry.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-26-13 10:42 AM
    OT: But relevant.

U.S. watchdog fines Barclays over decade of records failures

Jonathan Stempel
    Reuters
    Published Thursday, Dec. 26 2013, 10:52 AM EST
    Last updated Thursday, Dec. 26 2013, 10:56 AM EST

Barclays PLC has been fined $3.75-million by a U.S. regulator over its alleged decade-long failure to properly keep electronic records, emails and instant messages.

The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority on Thursday said that from 2002 to April 2012, Barclays failed to preserve order data, trade confirmations, account records and other information in a format that prevented their alteration or erasure, known as “Write-Once, Read-Many” or “WORM.”

It also said Barclays failed to properly retain attachments to some Bloomberg emails from May 2007 to May 2010, and failed to properly retain about 3.3 million Bloomberg instant messages from October 2008 to May 2010.

FINRA said that once Barclays’ system encountered an attachment to an instant message that it had processed earlier on a given day, it would stop accepting instant messages for that day.

“Ensuring the integrity, accuracy and accessibility of electronic books and records is essential to a firm’s ability to meet its compliance obligations,” FINRA enforcement chief Brad Bennett said in a statement.

Barclays did not admit or deny wrongdoing but agreed to a censure and the entry of FINRA’s findings. A spokeswoman for the British bank declined to comment.

FINRA is an independent regulator that oversees more than 4,100 securities firms.

12-26-13 10:52 AM
    The shorts are still running the show. Hit my stop early and was well worth it. I will jump back in when below $7

Happy New Year!
    techvisor likes this.
    12-26-13 11:54 AM
    More shoddy and lightweight journalism by the WSJ, no less...
    BlackBerry Analysts: Smart Move for Founder to Sell Now - MoneyBeat - WSJ

You've got to love the "Update".

By Maureen Farrell

Two BlackBerry analysts had this response to co-founder Michael Lazaridis‘ decision to sell part of his stake: Smart move.

“It’s smart for him to sell now, while it’s still a liquid stock,” said Daniel Ernst, an analyst at Hudson Square Research.

Edward Snyder, an analyst with Charter Equity Research, agreed, noting that founders are often the most fervent believers and the last to acknowledge that a company could be stuck in a death spiral. “I think they’re finally seeing the writing on the wall,” said Mr. Snyder.

Mr. Lazaridis’s sale came after BlackBerry’s stock saw a rare spike. Last Friday, BlackBerry reported its first quarterly financials under its new management team. Despite reporting a ballooning loss of $4.4 billion, the company’s stock shot up after BlackBerry told investors that it had inked a new manufacturing deal with the Chinese manufacturer Foxconn.

BlackBerry’s stock is down about 36% in 2013. It dropped 4% Thursday, the first trading day after Mr. Lazaridis’s announcement. While disclosing that he had sold 3.1 million shares, Mr. Lazaridis also officially said that he would no longer pursue a joint bid to buy BlackBerry.

In October, Mr. Lazaridis and another co-founder Dougals Fregin said they were considering a joint bid for BlackBerry, which had put itself up for sale in August. Last month, BlackBerry said that it was no longer considering a sale and would work with a new management team to save itself.

Mark McKechnie notes that Mr. Lazaridis would have been much smarter to sell almost three years ago when BlackBerry’s stock was trading around $70. Now even with the recent bump, its trading around $7.

“If you’ve held on for this long and are optimistic that there is some value to the assets, you should see what this new management team will do,” said Mr. McKechnie.

Update: Mr. Lazaridis sold 3.1 million shares. The original post said that he sold 26.2 million, which is the amount that he continues to hold.
    At least, the few people who wrote in comments were generally more enlightened. What a pity from the WSJ.

On a side note, heard a CBC News Radio report from a so-called "business insider" named Scott Perterson not an hour ago on the Mike L. share sale. He said something along the lines of: "This effectively puts an end to the relationship between Mike L. and BlackBerry." Good thing I was sitting down.
    Randeman, sidhuk, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    12-26-13 12:15 PM
    Is there any doubt that the media is trying to twist any bbry news into a negative? The only question is who is the vested interest that is putting out this propaganda?

Posted via CB10
    Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    12-26-13 12:24 PM
    The news services have published both the good and the bad. It seems there is just more bad to talk about but then Blackberry IS having a horrible time. The new CEO was a big step forward but until he comes up with a real plan . . . well there has got to be good news before it will get reported. Until then BBRY will have no real direction. There is still hope but something must stop the bleeding soon or it will get beyond the abilities of even the best to save Blackberry.
    techvisor and Markymark 23 like this.
    12-26-13 12:49 PM
    Is there any doubt that the media is trying to twist any bbry news into a negative? The only question is who is the vested interest that is putting out this propaganda?
    A comment from said article might offer one of many possible answers:

the truth behind theses kinds of press releases are like a cult system that was developed a few years ago as greed developed for the short side. these kind of articles are a buddy system of shorts trying to protect their interest. John Chen is in town with his friends from “SAP” coming on board at Blackberry..
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    12-26-13 12:59 PM
    Taking profits today!
    OMGitworks likes this.
    12-26-13 01:01 PM
    The news services have published both the good and the bad.
    Not really my point. My point deals with the quality of the reporting and the shoddy journalism that seems to all too often associated with the "bad". As illustrated by the following comments to the WSJ article:

He sold $25MM worth of shares, not 25 million shares! Is it really too much to ask that you get such a simple detail correct?

“While disclosing that he had sold 25.8 million shares” Shares – not dollars. Yeesh.

How can anyone trust the WSJ when so many errors in reporting the truth; please chek how many shares mr. lazaridis sold and what is the petcentage of his total shares.

Sure… totally ignore the fact that he sold only 10% of his holdings after, one, it’s obvious the company is no longer accepting bids, and two, he did so the day before the deadline for tax loss selling.

Unbelievable, two glaring errors right off the bat and no correction or retraction of the article! Wow how sorry a state has journalism fallen too! If the author was working for a real company he would of got fired for this shoddy type of work!
    zyben, Markymark 23 and bungaboy like this.
    12-26-13 01:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is tons of doubt over a vast media conspiracy. Most of it is laziness and ineptitude, unfortunate, but not a conspiracy.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-26-13 01:21 PM
    There is tons of doubt over a vast media conspiracy. Most of it is laziness and ineptitude, unfortunate, but not a conspiracy.
    Indeed. Seems to me the laziness and ineptitude is always pointing in the same general direction, though...
    zyben, Markymark 23 and bungaboy like this.
    12-26-13 01:36 PM
    Indeed. Seems to me the laziness and ineptitude is always pointing in the same general direction, though...
    The same general direction as BlackBerry's own ineptitude has been leading them.

If Chen can fix BlackBerry, then the press coverage will turn around as well. It's a trailing indicator.
    randall2580 likes this.
    12-26-13 01:43 PM
    True, Momentum is tough to stop and the internet echo chamber is at least an equal challenge. It swings both ways and on many stocks tho. This makes it unfortunate, but not a conspiracy.

This pullback and consolidation should be welcomed by the longs. BBRY is overbought and ahead of itself and the 50 day moving average. Back on 12/23 I predicted consolidation in the $7-725 range and said it would be healthy. I still believe that even if my range turns out to be wrong.

No media to blame today, just completely normal trading in a stock that took off and is now ready to consolidation and push in a direction over the next few weeks.

EDIT: Poor Prem, just when I thought he could be making a good move, his last purchase seems like just more pain for him tho he did lower his average cost a bit. Very short term observation obviously.
    jxnb and JLagoon like this.
    12-26-13 01:50 PM
    What happened today?

My beauty Z30
    12-26-13 01:52 PM
    What happened today?
    December 26, 2013 - Last day for US tax loss selling

Canadian market closed.

Someone had a bad Xmas
    bungaboy, Corbu, austriker and 3 others like this.
    12-26-13 02:48 PM
    The news services have published both the good and the bad. It seems there is just more bad to talk about but then Blackberry IS having a horrible time. The new CEO was a big step forward but until he comes up with a real plan . . . well there has got to be good news before it will get reported. Until then BBRY will have no real direction. There is still hope but something must stop the bleeding soon or it will get beyond the abilities of even the best to save Blackberry.
    IMO the direction is good, I like what they are doing, but for now It's not working, none of the business units are improving as they should.

-BBMX: Disappointing, the service reached 80m active users after the first week, 30 days later still 80m active users. I think most of those users are from emerging markets.
    -Software (BES10-QNX): Revenue fell 11% from Q2. They're focusing FOR NOW in the "regulated verticals" where the security advantage could help, but the narrow focus suggests resistance in the other "verticals".
    -Services (BIS): Still falling 12% per quarter.
    -Hardware: The hardware is just imploding, Chen said in the EC he expects the bottom in two more quarters.

They are going to burn a lot of cash, they need to show improvements in the business in the next two quarters.
    12-26-13 02:49 PM

Canadian market closed.

Someone had a bad Xmas
    That is correct for Canadian tax payers who own US equities. For US tax payers it is December 31. The difference is that Canada uses settlement date and in the US they use trade date. Thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    12-26-13 03:50 PM

Canadian market closed.

Someone had a bad Xmas
    And some partridge sh!t in a pear tree!!!!!
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-26-13 06:33 PM
    And some partridge sh!t in a pear tree!!!!!
    LoL
    Yep. No coffee beans there

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-26-13 08:22 PM
    And here's one more reason I'm happier with handing out a pin vs a phone number... long article so I figured just the link oughta do.

http://www.zdnet.com/snapchat-names-...rs-7000019992/

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 9 others like this.
    12-26-13 08:38 PM
113,256 ... 23052306230723082309 ...