View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    just bought another 2,000 shares on this "Buying Opportunity".
    Damn 6.85.

What was your entry? I can't decide when to pull the trigger for $10K.
    12-20-13 09:43 AM
    I just checked in this morning, skimmed through the conference call, and am so glad that the ER went quite smoothly. I like how Chen handled the conference call. It does show that he is being straightforward from his tone and lingo; very different from Thorsten. It sounds like Blackberry is going to release a low cost BB10 phone to compete with Nokia in 2014, which is great considering its partnership with Foxconn. It reduces risk of cost production, and helps to rebuild the brand name. It is also good that it starts with Indonesia, because the Indonesia market is flooded with other brands that you have never heard. Indonesians still love Blackberry, and many cannot afford the past and current Blackberry phones. They would welcome a much more affordable phone. Imagine how BBM will grow through these phones alone. Most importantly, John Chen appears to show a new way of thinking. Around the 50th minute, a UBS guy asked "why even bother staying in the device business?" And JC said (paraphrase) that the partnership with Foxconn helps to make sure that BB doesn't lose money, he doesn't have any preconceived notion of how to do things, and Blackberry will keep making stuff that its customers want to buy, and make money.

Overall, JC and team seem to show a better handle of the situation, and things are looking better.
    12-20-13 09:44 AM
    Next residence is at 8
    Let's hope it reaches there, and resides there for a while!
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-13 09:44 AM
    Good lord.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 09:46 AM
    Let's hope it reaches there, and resides there for a while!
    I think this is SHORT covering finally
    Foliebergere likes this.
    12-20-13 09:49 AM
    Holly cow this stock is on fire !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001281.png

Visit my BBM Channel !
    Ribes Nigrum and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-13 09:51 AM
    I just checked in this morning, skimmed through the conference call, and am so glad that the ER went quite smoothly. I like how Chen handled the conference call. It does show that he is being straightforward from his tone and lingo; very different from Thorsten. It sounds like Blackberry is going to release a low cost BB10 phone to compete with Nokia in 2014, which is great considering its partnership with Foxconn. It reduces risk of cost production, and helps to rebuild the brand name. It is also good that it starts with Indonesia, because the Indonesia market is flooded with other brands that you have never heard. Indonesians still love Blackberry, and many cannot afford the past and current Blackberry phones. They would welcome a much more affordable phone. Imagine how BBM will grow through these phones alone. Most importantly, John Chen appears to show a new way of thinking. Around the 50th minute, a UBS guy asked "why even bother staying in the device business?" And JC said (paraphrase) that the partnership with Foxconn helps to make sure that BB doesn't lose money, he doesn't have any preconceived notion of how to do things, and Blackberry will keep making stuff that its customers want to buy, and make money.

Overall, JC and team seem to show a better handle of the situation, and things are looking better.
    JC killed it. He's a quick thinker "smart on his feet". And very personable. I like that way he commented at the end (paraphrased) "I hope you guys will help support the company".

The only thing they weren't transparent on is the amount of tax refund, probably because they are not allowed to disclose until the filing is submitted later today.
    jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-13 09:51 AM
    well....it just passed $7 on the Nasdaq. waiting for my alarm clock to go off and wake up from this
    12-20-13 09:52 AM
    And speaking of rockets or rocketing share price....no one (besides a few here) is. If BBRY had dropped rather than climbed 12% we would be hearing about plunging, crashing, sinking, collapsing etc etc of the share price. I haven't read or seen any news which speaks of the share price rocketing or even rising.

I'm a patient man.
    ibpluto, Corbu, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-20-13 09:52 AM
    And speaking of rockets or rocketing share price....no one (besides a few here) is. If BBRY had dropped rather than climbed 12% we would be hearing about plunging, crashing, sinking, collapsing etc etc of the share price. I haven't read or seen any news which speaks of the share price rocketing or even rising.

I'm a patient man.
    EXACTLY!!! maybe its because all of the media outlets are sitting there doing the ol' "W.....T.....F.....!!"
    12-20-13 09:54 AM
    Damn imagine if Chen was in 18 months ago. Sigh

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 09:54 AM

I'm a patient man.
    BlackBerry Ltd shares jump on CEO John Chen’s vision despite staggering $4.4-billion loss | Financial Post
    12-20-13 09:55 AM
    well....it just passed $7 on the Nasdaq. waiting for my alarm clock to go off and wake up from this
    What goes up must come down, unless it breaks gravity and gets into orbit - let's hope!
    My English no good.
    Can someone please let me know the antonym for 'bloodbath'?
    Great volume and 7.10 - Looking good...

What are JC's planned appearances on US media today, if any? Do you guys know? Am anxious to see how he does there.
    BergerKing and bungaboy like this.
    I am crazy, just added more at $7.
    12-20-13 09:56 AM
    Holy VERTICAL batman.
    The "losses" these news outlets re talking about is not ACTUALLY loss of money.. Its just write-down of some long-term stuff (buildings, hardware, long term office stuff). This is not money they have lost, but just written down "on paper"..

Wow.. Stock up over 15% now..
    Carjackd and bungaboy like this.
    who mentioned this morning as another buying opp? good call...
    12-20-13 09:57 AM
    It's funny how the media tries to spin a 300-400 million loss into a 4.4 billion loss.

Go Jets go!
    BergerKing and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-13 09:59 AM
    Great, great start to the day. This will be like watching a wrestling match, as short covering collides with sell orders being triggered and profit-taking.

So I'm guessing the Foxconn partnership is fueling this run. The deal implies a huge player having major faith in BlackBerry's future, and removes one of the big drains on the company.
    jxnb, Superfly_FR, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-20-13 10:01 AM
    Whoever bought those 50,000 shares at 5.80 is laughing right now

Posted via CB10
    It's funny how the media tries to spin a 300-400 million loss into a 4.4 billion loss.

Go Jets go!
    GAAP is 4.4 billion loss (non-cash items included)

Cash loss is 34x million

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    12-20-13 10:02 AM

So I'm guessing the Foxconn partnership is fueling this run. The deal implies a huge player having major faith in BlackBerry's future, and removes one of the big drains on the company.
    Absolutely.

Bbm and BES are the spring and they were anchored by the questions surrounding hardware. This is the first tangible plan for the hardware anchor and a very good one. With that gone, everything else can move closer to tangible value and maybe even take potential future value into consideration.

also, imo, the fact that they reduced commitments and are already reducing cash burn is the other huge plus.

Beautiful chart today haha.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    jxnb, W Hoa, Akuji_ism and 3 others like this.
    12-20-13 10:07 AM
113,256 ... 22932294229522962297 ...