1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ignition!!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-20-13 09:19 AM
    Wow, as with all the previous ER calls I was holding my breath wondering what today would bring. What a pleasent surprise. Mr Chen has instilled some hope in Wall Street it seems. Early days yet but I must say I am quietly optimistic here. Going forward we have exciting announcements to look forward to. The mood seems to have changed for the better.

BBMx with the additional features is starting to gain some momentum. These offerings start to put BlackBerry back in the spotlight in a good way for a change.

We just broke 6:50...

Have an excellent Friday my brothers!!

Ben
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    12-20-13 09:20 AM
    Ready for the rocket through $6.50?
    Shorts must be finally covering
    12-20-13 09:20 AM
    Next Stop $8
    Korepab, bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    12-20-13 09:21 AM
    Wow - it didn't go down???

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 09:22 AM
    didn't see this coming. Up almost 6%!!! ....not complaining, but seriously WTF?

Whats causing this? Some shorts covering? Or did the street really like the Foxconn deal and what Chen had to say that good? Because not to be a debbie downer here, but the ER was s#*t ...LOL
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    12-20-13 09:24 AM
    So much for finding a good bottom. Question now is will it pull back?

EDIT: At least my Jan '2014 $7 strikes that were down 85% (bought just after Prem pulled out of the buy) are looking a bit better now.
    12-20-13 09:24 AM
    Good Morning Gang. Just woke up and red through all the posts. Felt like watching lord of the rings. Lol.
    Finally we have got a new pit bull to lead blackberry. Most trolls will be getting their pink slip.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    12-20-13 09:25 AM
    OK, almost 7% up ....... this is crazy. Can someone explain please?
    12-20-13 09:25 AM
    ...hey guys... *I'M NOT COMPLAINING* by any stretch of the imagination... but, it just kills me how blackberry announces billions in losses and the stock shoots UP!

lmao... it truly is a stock for those who can handle the bumpy ride.

Long and Strong... even though my losses have qualified me for title of "insane to stick around"...

it's still early but I think this is gonna be a good friday

Cheers
    12-20-13 09:26 AM
    Shorts must be finally covering
    There is little upside to holding on (for shorts).
    Even if Chen's plan completely fails (which I don't think will happen), it will take years to resolve. At that point, BBM, QNX, and BES will worth much more than the whole BBRY today. Plus, Foxconn would likely love to buy everything BBRY willing to unload at that point (patents and brand/trademark alone probably worth $billions). So, unless the shorts are seeing something hidden, there doesn't seem to be anything that they can look forward to. Even if there is, why would they want to wait 5 years to find out. I think that they are smarter than that.
    12-20-13 09:29 AM
    OK, almost 7% up ....... this is crazy. Can someone explain please?
    Maybe 3.2B in cash, declining cash burn, and the Foxcon hardware partnership is showing that bankruptcy isn't going to happen anytime soon. Shorts are probably getting out now with the future looking better. Oh...and hopefully a huge tax return by next March to add to the cash pile.
    12-20-13 09:29 AM
    And a thought for morganplus8 who would be enjoying this ride... Let's hope he's doing well!
    12-20-13 09:30 AM
    just bought another 2,000 shares on this "Buying Opportunity".
    We're going to see a short panic soon.

Wait until Chen gets on CNBC.
    ...hey guys... *I'M NOT COMPLAINING* by any stretch of the imagination... but, it just kills me how blackberry announces billions in losses and the stock shoots UP!

lmao... it truly is a stock for those who can handle the bumpy ride.

Long and Strong... even though my losses have qualified me for title of "insane to stick around"...

it's still early but I think this is gonna be a good friday

Cheers
    They announced Billions in asset losses. Their previous balance sheet had (just guessing from what I remember) 11B in assets. They are taking write downs on a lot of that, and they confirmed that EXCLUDED patents. The street didn't value BBRY anywhere near 11B, so it really doesn't matter if they write off value that isn't realized in the SP. That's my understanding but I'm no JLagoon or M8.
    bungaboy and fedakd like this.
    12-20-13 09:31 AM
    Not the biggest Lil Wayne fan, but BBRY stock - Up Up and Away

sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-13 09:32 AM
    The losses are paper losses. Write offs and write downs. This is not a 'cash' loss.
    BergerKing, jxnb, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-20-13 09:32 AM
    didn't see this coming. Up almost 6%!!! ....not complaining, but seriously WTF?

Whats causing this? Some shorts covering? Or did the street really like the Foxconn deal and what Chen had to say that good? Because not to be a debbie downer here, but the ER was crap...LOL
    Actually, as I understand it, the losses were lower than anticipated, and the man got up there, acted reasonably competent, injected some real hope that the tracks are not actually out at the end of the tunnel.
    danprown, Corbu, ibpluto and 4 others like this.
    12-20-13 09:33 AM
    Yeah this is it. Above $7 again. At least on TSE that is.
    3_M4N and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-13 09:37 AM
    We're going to see a short panic soon.

Wait until Chen gets on CNBC.
    There was a time when people were afraid of the CEO's interviews.
    I think now, we look forward to them!
    anon(4086547), sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-13 09:40 AM
    I hope they shorted hard !
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001280.png

Visit my BBM Channel !
    keeps going up ....at some point I would expect some profit taking

what a fun ride
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    Next residence is at 8
    12-20-13 09:41 AM
    Actually, as I understand it, the losses were lower than anticipated, and the man got up there, acted reasonably competent, injected some real hope that the tracks are not actually out at the end of the tunnel.
    Agree he injected confidence that was sorely lacking, but the ER was actually worse in most all accounts except for cash burn. Hey, I won;t look a gift horse in the mouth. As far as I'm concerned, keep climbing.....won;t hear me fuss about that
    BergerKing and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-13 09:42 AM
113,250 ... 22922293229422952296 ...