• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It Is Green
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    12-19-13 11:30 AM
    It Is Green
    I'd expect a close above 6.30 in anticipation of the ER.
    12-19-13 11:35 AM
    And the guess games is on

However, a major growth product for BlackBerry is its BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) solution which is being used by more than 18,000 enterprises.
    18K used ... I wonder where does this figure comes from.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-19-13 11:51 AM
    I'd expect a close above 6.30 in anticipation of the ER.
    LoL,
    1, Green Mountain keeps the Troll away.
    2. Historically, shorts have better idea about earnings than longs do. depends how many holes new boss has plugged in a short period of time.
    3. Depends How one decides to use 250mill pending option. give it to blackberry at $10 or buy the open float at discount?
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-19-13 11:55 AM
    Why Europe�s Second Largest Car Manufacturer Is Sticking With $BBRY

There are signs that major customers are sticking with the Canadian handset maker. Europe�s second largest car manufacturer PSA Peugeot Citroen is to provide 10,000 Z10 smartphones to staff in France and Spain and is moving to the latest version of BlackBerry�s mobile management system, BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10.

Why has the company chosen BlackBerry? Partly it is down to the fact that the company is already a BlackBerry shop, running a fleet of BlackBerry Curve and Bold devices on BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.2, so it will not have to invest the cost and time of starting from scratch when setting up its infrastructure to manage the Z10s.

However a key reason for choosing BlackBerry, said Marchand, is a clear view of the future development of the BlackBerry hardware and software, which he said isn�t available for other mobile platforms.

�For iOS you have no roadmap. That�s not the case with BlackBerry. We have an 18 month perspective with them and they are pretty reliable with their roadmap,� he said.

�We have to schedule a two year project and that�s not possible with Android or iOS because there�s no real roadmap in terms of mobile.�

In spite of BlackBerry�s recent operating losses and the disappointing sales of its recent BlackBerry OS 10 handsets Marchand said he remains confident BlackBerry�s portfolio of services is broad enough to guarantee its future.

�We believe that BlackBerry is not only devices but also provides MDM (mobile device management) and worldwide infrastructure that is very consistent,� he said.

�We do not feel in the very short term we will have trouble with BlackBerry because of the value of this infrastructure.�

Peugeot Citroen plans to deploy the Z10s between March and June next year to staff who work outside the office. As well as providing access to Microsoft Exchange mail, calendar and contacts, the handsets be able to connect to a web portal offering a suite of corporate apps, covering manufacturing, retail and general corporate services.

Marchand said that while not all of these web applications have an interface that suits the size of screen found on a mobile phone, these apps would be easier to use on the new touchscreen of the Z10.

�With the new tactile approach and the new screen we think it�s easier to work with non-mobile designed applications compared to on older solutions [handsets].�

While there are obvious advantages of sticking with BES to manage its fleet of phones, for example �all the development we have done for the BlackBerry APIs are very easy to migrate from 5 to 10″ said Marchand, the upgrade is not necessarily straightforward.

�Moving from 5 to 10 we have to build a brand new infrastructure for that because it�s really a very different platform,� he said. Part of the work comes from catering for the broader range of controls available in BES 10, for example over data roaming.

�We are going to run the two infrastructure in parallel for one year and a half to be really sure we finish the migration of the BlackBerry 7 devices to BlackBerry 10.�

From the end of 2014 staff will be able to use the BlackBerry handsets to tether mobile internet connections to laptops and tablets.

PSA refreshes its handsets every two years and Marchand says he anticipates that the next fleet of handsets will also be BlackBerrys.

Why Europe's Second Largest Car Manufacturer Is Sticking With $BBRY |
    12-19-13 11:55 AM
    What if Blackberry only burns through 300M and has 3B cash on the balance sheet...

AND they forecast return to profit next quarter AND announce they believe they are well under valued and announce a stock buyback of 500M.

Just a thought.
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    12-19-13 11:56 AM
    What if Blackberry only burns through 300M and has 3B cash on the balance sheet...
    AND they forecast return to profit next quarter AND announce they believe they are well under valued and announce a stock buyback of 500M.
    Just a thought.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-9782858150557.jpg
    Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    12-19-13 12:02 PM
    And they announce voice and video for xBBM coming within one month, with several tens of millions of new sign-ups...

And, then I wake up.
    12-19-13 12:12 PM
    OT.
    I had trouble using remote file access while using Mcafee on my windows computer. computer (PC) files wont show up on my blackberry unless I had Mcafee turned off. the reason that I am using this antivirus because it is provided free by my cable provider.
    I found these instructions to set up Mcafee to work with remote file access and it worked for me. I am just gonna post here. it is post #18.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rewall-836211/
    and post number 3 tellus you how to uninstall mcafee.
    How To Uninstall McAfee Antivirus - YouTube
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-19-13 12:29 PM
    It Is Green
    Depends on your point of view (long/short) and where you bought shares at, or what your average buyin is. I think for most, BBRY is a long way from GREEN.
    12-19-13 12:58 PM
    Depends on your point of view (long/short) and where you bought shares at, or what your average buyin is. I think for most, BBRY is a long way from GREEN.
    Yup like me. My average is $16

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 01:01 PM
    Why Europe’s Second Largest Car Manufacturer Is Sticking With $BBRY

There are signs that major customers are sticking with the Canadian handset maker. Europe’s second largest car manufacturer PSA Peugeot Citroen is to provide 10,000 Z10 smartphones to staff in France and Spain and is moving to the latest version of BlackBerry’s mobile management system, BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10.

Why has the company chosen BlackBerry? Partly it is down to the fact that the company is already a BlackBerry shop, running a fleet of BlackBerry Curve and Bold devices on BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.2, so it will not have to invest the cost and time of starting from scratch when setting up its infrastructure to manage the Z10s.

However a key reason for choosing BlackBerry, said Marchand, is a clear view of the future development of the BlackBerry hardware and software, which he said isn’t available for other mobile platforms.

“For iOS you have no roadmap. That’s not the case with BlackBerry. We have an 18 month perspective with them and they are pretty reliable with their roadmap,” he said.

“We have to schedule a two year project and that’s not possible with Android or iOS because there’s no real roadmap in terms of mobile.”

In spite of BlackBerry’s recent operating losses and the disappointing sales of its recent BlackBerry OS 10 handsets Marchand said he remains confident BlackBerry’s portfolio of services is broad enough to guarantee its future.

“We believe that BlackBerry is not only devices but also provides MDM (mobile device management) and worldwide infrastructure that is very consistent,” he said.

“We do not feel in the very short term we will have trouble with BlackBerry because of the value of this infrastructure.”

Peugeot Citroen plans to deploy the Z10s between March and June next year to staff who work outside the office. As well as providing access to Microsoft Exchange mail, calendar and contacts, the handsets be able to connect to a web portal offering a suite of corporate apps, covering manufacturing, retail and general corporate services.

Marchand said that while not all of these web applications have an interface that suits the size of screen found on a mobile phone, these apps would be easier to use on the new touchscreen of the Z10.

“With the new tactile approach and the new screen we think it’s easier to work with non-mobile designed applications compared to on older solutions [handsets].”

While there are obvious advantages of sticking with BES to manage its fleet of phones, for example “all the development we have done for the BlackBerry APIs are very easy to migrate from 5 to 10″ said Marchand, the upgrade is not necessarily straightforward.

“Moving from 5 to 10 we have to build a brand new infrastructure for that because it’s really a very different platform,” he said. Part of the work comes from catering for the broader range of controls available in BES 10, for example over data roaming.

“We are going to run the two infrastructure in parallel for one year and a half to be really sure we finish the migration of the BlackBerry 7 devices to BlackBerry 10.”

From the end of 2014 staff will be able to use the BlackBerry handsets to tether mobile internet connections to laptops and tablets.

PSA refreshes its handsets every two years and Marchand says he anticipates that the next fleet of handsets will also be BlackBerrys.

Why Europe's Second Largest Car Manufacturer Is Sticking With $BBRY |

I wish this guy would have cut and pasted the ENTIRE ZDNET article instead of just cherry picking the portions he likes and leaving out those he doesn't or which aren't favorable to BBRY. It's not entirely misleading or earth shattering, but makes him unreliable and I question his journalistic abilities when he does snip and cut and paste and borrow others work at will and doesn't let us know he's done it or indicate that there is more to the actual story that what he is cut and pasting. He also weaves his own paragraphs into the ZDNET piece again with no quotes or attribution making it impossible to tell what is his and what is ZDNet's.

He does somehow leave the part out about them not having BYOD or a single iOS or andriod device in service at this time. That's kind of relevant isn't it?

For the entire article, even the parts that aren't entirely favorable to BBRY you can go directly to the source:

Why one firm has just ordered 10,000 BlackBerry handsets | ZDNet
    dusdal likes this.
    12-19-13 01:01 PM
    I wish this guy would have cut and pasted the ENTIRE ZDNET article instead of just cherry picking the portions he likes and leaving out those he doesn't or which aren't favorable to BBRY. It's not entirely misleading or earth shattering, but makes him unreliable and I question his journalistic abilities when he does snip and cut and paste and borrow others work at will and doesn't let us know he's done it or indicate that there is more to the actual story that what he is cut and pasting. He also weaves his own paragraphs into the ZDNET piece again with no quotes or attribution making it impossible to tell what is his and what is ZDNet's.

He does somehow leave the part out about them not having BYOD or a single iOS or andriod device in service at this time. That's kind of relevant isn't it?

For the entire article, even the parts that aren't entirely favorable to BBRY you can go directly to the source:

Why one firm has just ordered 10,000 BlackBerry handsets | ZDNet
    There's a large button that says "REPOST ZDNET" at the bottom of his article which is a direct link to the original article. Your post suggests that BerryFlow did not credit ZDNet.
    12-19-13 01:35 PM
    There's a large button that says "REPOST ZDNET" at the bottom of his article which is a direct link to the original article. Your post suggests that BerryFlow did not credit ZDNet.
    Sorry if you got that impression from what I wrote. I didn't say he plagerized anything and I know a blog isn't the NY Times but the way he cuts and pastes and omits and adds his own content if confusing at best. He doesn't use quotes to tell us what is his and what is ZD's.

I know I am an old fashioned pain in the a$$, but I thought others should know this is not the entire story and that what is there may be his, or ZDNet's. Accuracy is still important to me whether its pro and/or anti BBRY content let's get an accurate complete story, not cherry picked highlights without any indication he's edited and added and such.
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 12-19-13 at 02:19 PM.
    12-19-13 01:42 PM
    If present is used, stock is green when its value is greater than the previous close.
    Anything else is poetry... eventually

Oh. IT'S GREEN !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001273.png

Visit my BBM Channel !
    georg4BB, sidhuk, dusdal and 3 others like this.
    12-19-13 01:52 PM
    12-19-13 02:36 PM
    I know I am an old fashioned pain in the a$$, but I thought others should know this is not the entire story and that what is there may be his, or ZDNet's. Accuracy is still important to me whether its pro and/or anti BBRY content let's get an accurate compete story, not cherry picked highlights without any indication he's edited and added and such.
    You're acting as if the author is hiding some explosive secrets that were detailed in the original piece. If anything, he's highlighting the ZDNet article and driving traffic. I'm all for accuracy and truthfulness, but of all the nonsense that's been written about this company to single out this post seems a bit nitpicky. To each their own.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-19-13 02:36 PM
    Video:

First Look: BBM Channels, Voice and location sharing for Android and iOS

First Look: BBM Channels, Voice and location sharing for Android and iOS | CrackBerry.com
    12-19-13 02:50 PM
    and it ended Green
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-19-13 03:00 PM
    and it ended Green
    Gap up and open above 6.30 in the morning?
    12-19-13 03:44 PM
    So far JLagoon has been bang on.

What's your chart at JL?

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-19-13 03:54 PM
    Alea jacta est...

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-19-13 04:10 PM
    Never heard of this publication, it's the usual BB fare. There is nothing that is not factual in this story, as I see it.
    12-19-13 04:13 PM
    Target: 40 million credit cards compromised - Dec. 18, 2013

This is a great article.

Notice how they don't mention the fact that iDevices were largely responsible for these security holes.
    12-19-13 04:38 PM
    Target: 40 million credit cards compromised - Dec. 18, 2013

This is a great article.

Notice how they don't mention the fact that iDevices were largely responsible for these security holes.
    Source of info saying that I devices were responsible?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 04:42 PM
113,256 ... 22852286228722882289 ...