View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good luck Morgan. You deserve a break and some good news at this point! We will hold down the fort and I am going to try to be positive about the ER no matter what. Counting on good news from you and Mr Chen. :-).

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:13 AM
    That LG news is good.
    Superfly_FR and take99 like this.
    12-18-13 10:26 AM
    Good luck Morgan. You deserve a break and some good news at this point! We will hold down the fort and I am going to try to be positive about the ER no matter what. Counting on good news from you and Mr Chen. :-).

Posted via CB10
    I have a feeling there might be a rabbit coming out of a hat come fri. Why would Chen release all the good new he has this week leading up to a bad ER. It doesn't happen that way , if the ER was negative i think he would want to save as much good new as possible to make the ER seem not as bad but with all this good new being released I can't see ER being bad
    bungaboy, rarsen, georg4BB and 1 others like this.
    12-18-13 10:27 AM
    I have a feeling there might be a rabbit coming out of a hat come fri. Why would Chen release all the good new he has this week leading up to a bad ER. It doesn't happen that way , if the ER was negative i think he would want to save as much good new as possible to make the ER seem not as bad but with all this good new being released I can't see ER being bad
    Possible. Though, I'd say: "We've been burnt before. Expect the worst and hope for the best."

Personally, I am less and less concerned about this Friday's ER... and more and more interested in (and hopeful about) the December 2014 ER!
    12-18-13 10:40 AM
    And as oppose to last ER, they were not forced into providing a warning statement one week ahead, which royally screwed up some of us who were toying with the idea of selling right before E.R call.

Posted via CB10
    cjmartin likes this.
    12-18-13 10:40 AM
    Hi JLagoon!!

You have to hold down the fort for me here as I'm just leaving for surgery. I'll try to keep up with BlackBerry in the days ahead.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone starting with some promising news this Friday! Cheers!!
    Goodluck Morgan! Our well-wishes are with you!!
    12-18-13 10:46 AM
    Hi JLagoon!!

You have to hold down the fort for me here as I'm just leaving for surgery. I'll try to keep up with BlackBerry in the days ahead.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone starting with some promising news this Friday! Cheers!!
    Here's wishing your surgery goes well and you have a full, speedy, and easy recovery.
    12-18-13 10:51 AM
    And as oppose to last ER, they were not forced into providing a warning statement one week ahead, which royally screwed up some of us who were toying with the idea of selling right before E.R call.

Posted via CB10
    That it did, and turned the forums into a food fight.
    12-18-13 10:53 AM
    That it did, and turned the forums into a food fight.
    So all in all, we're better this time around, aren't we? !

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:56 AM
    Merry Xmas too everyone. M8 or anyone else a bit OT but can you explain why Oxygen Bio is dropping when they are in stage 3 of testing and the FDA said if they get one positive result they are fast tracked for release. Is this just tax loss selling going on here?

I got in around $5.80 it then went up to 6 then has started a slow slide
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    12-18-13 11:08 AM
    Godspeed and good luck Morgan. Here is hoping you are back among us all very soon!
    plasmid_boy, Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    12-18-13 11:08 AM
    Wish you a safe and fast recovery Morgan.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    Corbu, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    12-18-13 11:31 AM
    GL morganplus8!
    Corbu, plasmid_boy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-18-13 11:36 AM
    BlackBerry has to find a new business model, the BIS fee is keeping the company alive but that won't last long. BB10 failed in the consumer market. From what they said publicly they are focusing in the corporate market with BYOD and also offering an end-to-end solution using BB10 for those interested.
    But BlackBerry has to explain what is the advantage of BES10 over incumbents like GOOD or Airwatch?, and why the BlackBerry 10 platform is better than the integrated solution that Microsoft is building with Windows desktop, Surface, Lumia, Office 365, Windows Intune, System Center and Azure Active Directory?
    That's a long question !
    I'll try to summarize

1. Secure environment V.S secured apps (containers)
    Most (all, AFAIK) alternative offers will offer to create containers to execute an app securely. Balance offers an environment container, where business apps and data are stored all together but, for features like hub, you can merge personnal and work data in a single environment; you only have to provide your work password to interact with. These environment containers are the single waterproof solution to prevent data to be shared, corrupted or leaked between work and personal.
    Of course, it also prevent problems of compromised OS (say, key logger, for instance).

2. OS centric security
    It's not a mystery: Windows platform is a virus/trojan nest. Problem is that if you have a combo like desktop+tablet+phone and have granted rights for these environments to interact, then your exposition to malware is greatly increased. Plugged to an infected computer, your smartphone is vulnerable.

3. TCO (total cost of ownership) & integration
    BES offers a multi-platform integrated environment, as of date the only able to manage BB10 devices (besides Fixmo, where there's a license agreement for DOD) and iOs and Android devices. Competitors often integrates several layers to offer a global (without BB) offer. This multi-layer architecture requires more time, more efforts for a seamless (and costless) integration.

That's what I remind ... but I'm no BES salesman !

ah ! by the time (tongue out) I wrote this, I got this in my mailbox. Really worse a read !

How BlackBerry Balance works
    Potential BYOD legal issues you may not have thought of
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-18-13 at 12:15 PM.
    bungaboy, jxnb and snejpa like this.
    12-18-13 11:43 AM
    Positive vibes > M+8. May the force be with you.
    Corbu, plasmid_boy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-18-13 11:45 AM
    Good luck M+8 hope They get it right this time.
    Hi JLagoon!!

Corbu, plasmid_boy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    12-18-13 11:48 AM
    12-18-13 11:55 AM
    Morgan -- Live long and prosper. And thanks for being the person most responsible for my reading a pile of books on technical analysis over the past few months. You may have created a monster.
    12-18-13 12:06 PM
    OT.

Must be in honor of Morgan: despite a generally red market, HALO on a pretty good run today! GL to M.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    12-18-13 12:44 PM
    Check out HALO. I am eating lunch and I see the HALO chart up and one of the Najarian brothers talking. I turn the volume up and he is talking about major Jan call buying in HALO. Seconds later we gap up $1.00+ I am probably getting out before the end of the end so can use this ride back up.
    take99 and Randeman like this.
    12-18-13 12:44 PM
    All the best Morgan! And speedy recovery. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    12-18-13 01:22 PM
    Check out HALO. I am eating lunch and I see the HALO chart up and one of the Najarian brothers talking. I turn the volume up and he is talking about major Jan call buying in HALO. Seconds later we gap up $1.00+ I am probably getting out before the end of the end so can use this ride back up.
    I'm on the same path. Once bitten twice shy. Have a load of march calls at various strikes and the recent dip was hurting. Would only be out about 15% profit from the point of max gain when it was sitting at $15.10. Will unload them by EOD. Maybe there is something up for the 20th of Dec though...
    12-18-13 01:54 PM
    Found this interesting . . .

Pierce Morgan quoted this today. This is how most businessmen feel.

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan 15 Dec
    Dropped my @BlackBerry Q10 in water, so having to temporarily use a dreaded iPhone. Touch-typing is soooooo annoying.
    12-18-13 02:04 PM
    Found this interesting . . .
    "Dreaded"
    lol
    He also likes the fact that 7% Americans think that elvis is still alive
    Priceless.
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-18-13 02:12 PM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1905...ticle_readmore

Maybe we will have a good ER

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.