View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Almost want to double my position. Waiting for earnings though. Friday before open or after the close?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 06:59 PM
    Almost want to double my position. Waiting for earnings though. Friday before open or after the close?

Posted via CB10
    How do you buy before open?

My beauty Z30
    12-17-13 07:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Before open 8am est

BB
    12-17-13 07:09 PM
    BlackBerry names Sims as enterprise services president

2013-12-17 17:46 ET - News Release

Mr. John Chen reports

BLACKBERRY APPOINTS LEADER FOR ENTERPRISE SERVICES BUSINESS

John Sims will join BlackBerry Ltd. as president, global enterprise services.

"I am pleased to welcome such a seasoned executive as John to BlackBerry to help lead our key business operations through our ongoing reorganization and transition," said John Chen, executive chair and chief executive officer of BlackBerry. "His extensive experience in transforming businesses, redefining brands and motivating teams will be a tremendous asset to BlackBerry as we reshape the company to be more nimble and focused. The changes we are making demonstrate our commitment to innovating for current customers who count on BlackBerry, and the new users who are just learning how powerful and compelling the BlackBerry 10 platform can be. John will be central to all of those efforts."

Mr. Sims joins BlackBerry in January from SAP, where he served as president of SAP's mobile services business. He has more than 20 years of experience with companies that supply mobile telecommunications products and services to wireless operators. Before joining SAP, Mr. Sims held leadership positions at 724 Solutions, TANTAU Software, Intrado and Tandem Computers. He serves on the board of directors and executive committee of CTIA.
    There!
    He said it..... powerful and compelling BB10

Wasn't someone too concerned that the press releases omitted BB10, and concluded that it meant that it was to be 'discontinued'???
    bungaboy, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    12-17-13 07:12 PM
    How do you buy before open?

My beauty Z30
    Extended hours trading.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 07:20 PM
    There!
    He said it..... powerful and compelling BB10

Wasn't someone too concerned that the press releases omitted BB10, and concluded that it meant that it was to be 'discontinued'???
    Waiting for the infantile rebuttal...

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-17-13 07:22 PM
    None of my business and to each his own but I am reminded of this:
    "When Mr. Chen took over, he told employees during a town-hall meeting, "Things are going to get worse before they get better" ,,, according to a person in attendance that day.
    He also spoke of a 6Q horizon... I wouldn't be surprised if the SP was to go down more for a while yet... but medium term, I am starting to think things are looking up... Must be my new meds kicking in!

GL
    12-17-13 07:26 PM
    Looks like some of those phones were probably some of the $199 boxing day Z10's. No surprise though given BlackBerry's state in the US.

Go Jets go!
    That article was from March of 2013. Not sure what you are talking about.
    12-17-13 07:35 PM
    That article was from March of 2013. Not sure what you are talking about.
    Me neither, I was hoping for some positive news... from a disappointing quarter... just like my Jets right now.

Go Jets go!
    12-17-13 07:58 PM
    Extended hours trading.

Posted via CB10
    How do I do extended hours trading?

My beauty Z30
    12-17-13 08:00 PM
    How do I do extended hours trading?
    You can't on the TSX. Those doing pre/after hours trading in BBRY are trading on NASDAQ. Between their web site and that of your broker you should be able to figure out how to do it for your own situation.
    12-17-13 08:12 PM
    This just in . . . . .

(made with beta version of Mockit on BB10)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockup.png
    12-17-13 08:29 PM
    You can feel the angry storm clouds are coming. Might have to wait until tomorrow when most are on the clock.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    12-17-13 08:48 PM
    This just in . . . . .

(made with beta version of Mockit on BB10)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mockup.png 
Views:	596 
Size:	472.7 KB 
ID:	231010
    let me go first...

i think they will be foolish enough if Chen said "BB 10 will be discontinued" when they still have millions in the inventory....it just the first sign for people to start to dropping BB phone, massive drop on stock price because another inventory write down. they still need good momentum to push BES and BBM to other platform.

do it like Thorsten doing with Playbook....say they will give BB10 to Playbook after they sell hundred thousand more than make an excuse...
    12-17-13 10:45 PM
    Another ER comin' up. I must say, I'm not very optimistic. The last 3 I was involved in either sank the SP or stalled it... Not sure what to say. Personally, I'd be very cautious. Good luck.
    12-17-13 11:35 PM
    Anybody know how one can find out the pay rate of these new talents like John Sims? I would image that it would be available for stockholders(?)

Also wondering any pertaining buy-out package deals to departed....
    12-18-13 12:04 AM
    Just a wild guess, but probably because of money.
    ... Or power.
    12-18-13 12:06 AM
    Before open 8am est

BB
    Might have to do options

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 12:22 AM
    I hope, you are well, Morgan.

I like how John Chen acts quickly, after the news of firing two executives earlier, with this hiring news. John Sims seems to have a matching background to help Blackberry in the enterprise sector, and it, hopefully, show even greater confidence for the enterprise customers to use Blackberry.

BlackBerry names Sims as enterprise services president

2013-12-17 17:46 ET - News Release
    Mr. John Chen reports

BLACKBERRY APPOINTS LEADER FOR ENTERPRISE SERVICES BUSINESS

John Sims will join BlackBerry Ltd. as president, global enterprise services.
    12-18-13 03:47 AM
    I believe I can see a smile on Superfly's face! :-)
    Looks like the SAP team is in place ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-18-13 at 04:53 AM.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-18-13 04:40 AM
    I think they will say they are waiting until the free test period to end before releasing final numbers for paid / operational vs free test / pilot and will provide the specific BES server numbers and seats in the next ER.
    Testing period will virtually never end.
    There was a free BES5->BES10 upgrade period until last month (or is is this month ?), now BlackBerry is creating a new "software insurance" plan that will allow automatic upgrades. That's something important to keep in mind, somewhere ...

But BES comes with 3X 50 (50 per service levels) free 60 days CALs.

BTW, it's Device based licences and I've bee wrong about pricing; the price is the same for BB or non BB devices and vary only depending of security/usage levels. (More to come later about this)
    12-18-13 04:42 AM
    Seems like a good hire. I am encouraged the new CEO seems to have a plan and is trying to execute. I hope he has enough time and cash to pull it off. I am looking forward to the conference call and I am guessing he will know the rights things to say to help and not hurt the cause. At least is now looks like BBRY has a plan and at least a little bit of urgency. Now let's see them execute.
    If the plan is good, money is not the problem. They have enough tangible assets to borrow with guarantee. IMHO.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-18-13 04:45 AM
    Random found ... "Top ten Holding" ... can't be bad news
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 12-18-13 at 11:48 AM.
    12-18-13 04:54 AM
    The changes we are making demonstrate our commitment to innovating for current customers who count on BlackBerry, and the new users who are just learning how powerful and compelling the BlackBerry 10 platform can be
    Oh, what a nice sentence. Much better than Thorstens bold statements about how great BB10 is (these kind of statements became ridiculous at some point).
    The "new users who are just learning" contains an explanation, that customer still need time to see power of the platform.

Just wanted to say that Chen seems to choose his words more wisely than Thorsten.

I am almost convinced, that BB10 is still the key of Chens strategy.
    Now he should state, that new BB10 devices will be sold 2014 and everything is OK for me
    12-18-13 04:58 AM
    let me go first...

i think they will be foolish enough if Chen said "BB 10 will be discontinued" when they still have millions in the inventory....it just the first sign for people to start to dropping BB phone, massive drop on stock price because another inventory write down. they still need good momentum to push BES and BBM to other platform.

do it like Thorsten doing with Playbook....say they will give BB10 to Playbook after they sell hundred thousand more than make an excuse...
    You are correct. First infantile rebuttal!
    sidhuk likes this.
    12-18-13 06:29 AM
113,252 ... 22802281228222832284 ...